Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I could cry.

Length
    Bob/BSL/Hip+
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

Default Re: I could cry.

I'm so sorry! I'm sure he had the best of intentions but I'd be upset to lose that much too! I've never asked my husband to trim my hair but I did have him help me henna and he is so paranoid about doing it wrong that I can't imagine how he'd convince himself to come near my hair with scissors lol. I hope you feel better about it soon!

Pixie - Ear - Jaw - Chin - SL - CBL- APL- BSL - WL - HL - TBL

Length
    ?/36.5/Knee
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by LaurelSpring View Post
    Awww (((hugs)) I only do it myself now so I only have myself to blame when I cut too much and it isn't any easier when that has happened. I have watched lots of self cutting youtubes and for microtrims the very best and easiest fool proof way for me is just to part down the middle and pull each side to the front. I hold my head slightly back as I comb and slide my fingers down taughtly and just cut off the tippy ends. I get a nice gently U with this and I have been completely happy. When I first started doing it this way I used the creaclip in front to make sure both sides were even but after that I just do each side separately with my fingers because I feel like I have to cut too much to make up for the difficulty of keeping the creaclip taught enough to get a good clean cut.
    I just worry about doing it myself because I can't cut a straight line for love nor money. But, I figure that following the directions, I can end up doing it right.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by tetisheri72 View Post
    It's hair, it will grow back. It wasn't that much, and in a couple days I won't notice, but I'm sad today.
    It'll grow back to hip soon, though. And for now, enjoy the fresh ends. Think of it this way, maybe you got rid of more split ends this way. A bigger trim once in a while isn't that bad!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    ?/36.5/Knee
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Micayla47 View Post
    the exact same thing happened to my daughter last summer. she asked her DBF for a micro trim and got 2-3 inches cut. she burst out in tears and was beyond upset for about 2-3 days. later on she realized that her hair had a serious growth spurt right after the incident. we're not sure if it's a coincidence, but she's over it now and her hemline is quite a bit thicker.

that's my logical answer. on the other hand, feelings about hair aren't always logical and i can certainly feel your pain
    That worked out really well! I'm kind of illogical about my hair on a regular basis. I feel like it's my best feature, so I want to make sure it looks nice.

Length
    ?/36.5/Knee
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ladyfey View Post
    I'm so sorry! Hope you feel better about it soon. My mom had long hair in the early '70s and she let my dad trim it once. He managed to trim it at an incline, so it started at waist and when he got to the other side, he ended up WAY higher. It was the only time mom ever had him trim her hair
    That would have been my dad back in the day. My mom had long hair when I was born, down at least waist length. I'm sure he would have taken it up higher.

Length
    ?/36.5/Knee
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ZenaZoo View Post
    Aw I feel for you. I've had a few different people "trim" my hair and ended up loosing a lot. Funny that I was thinking this morning I could do with a micro trim . Just hitting bcl I don't want to risk the other half with 5mm >.<
    My mom would have taken 5-6 inches off, easy. When I got a cut back in the fall of '12 that took off way more than I wanted, she said she would have taken it up at least another couple of inches. She's not allowed to even think of scissors around my hair.

Length
    ?/36.5/Knee
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by hoopalou View Post
    Aw hugs to you, I'm sorry that you feel sad…. If I asked my husband to trim my hair he would probably use the sheep sheers
    At least he didn't do sheep shears! He used our nice, sharp hair scissors.

Length
    ?/36.5/Knee
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Lyv View Post
    I'm so sorry! I'm sure he had the best of intentions but I'd be upset to lose that much too! I've never asked my husband to trim my hair but I did have him help me henna and he is so paranoid about doing it wrong that I can't imagine how he'd convince himself to come near my hair with scissors lol. I hope you feel better about it soon!
    I don't think he'll ever be willing to do it again because of how I usept I was. Although, I'm pretty sure he will still help me henna.

Length
    ?/36.5/Knee
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Looking at it this morning, I realized that I might not be as firmly hip as I was, but I'm brushing hip, so it's good. And my ends look really good, so it's all a blessing in disguise.

Length
    Pixie/BSL/BSL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Aww, that's so annoying, I hope it grows back really fast!
    To bra strap length, and beyond!
    *Pixie*Shag*Jaw*Shoulder*Collarbone*APLBSL