Brrrrrrr, it's getting cold here in central British Columbia, Canada - down to -15 Celsius last night and warmed up to -11 now.

And my house is not very well insulated, so even indoors I'm sitting here with my coat on. I'm trying to keep my hair up till at least December 20 as part of a challenge to myself, in hopes it will help decrease whatever is causing it to shrink, but my head is so cold with my hair up in a bun. I'm also growing out a really bad haircut from July (that has been a nightmare) where a stylist made my bangs go way too far back. I've got a big chunk of shorter hair that won't reach far enough back to wear a low bun, so my only option is to pile the bun pretty high on my head. There's nothing covering my ears.

When I go out, I'll wear a big loose toque with a pompom on it. That covers my whole bun and all of my head. And I'll wear a wool scarf. But those are a bit excessive for indoors.

Anyone have any ideas for nice, comfy ways to cover the ears and the head during cold weather?