So I'm thinking that this cannot be done, but I'll ask anyways! I've been using henna for a year or two. When I started, I just did glosses for about 15 minutes or so and got a beautiful light stain. My natural color is auburn (more blond/brunette than red) or sometimes muted dark strawberry blonde in the summer. The henna gave it a nice boost without making it look unnatural.

Lately I've been going a little harder on the henna, leaving henna/cassia mixes on my head for 45 minutes to an hour and a half. What I didn't realize is that my coloring doesn't suit the intense orange I'm getting. I have a pixie cut now (for the first time in my life) so I'm not freaked out about potentially growing out the henna, but I don't want to give up on it yet.

I can't use any conventional hair dyed (cancer risk), I'm not interested in having to henna my light roots every 3 weeks if I go even harder on henna to bring it to the red-red shades. I'm curious if there's a way to achieve a red tint with glosses, instead of a clown orange tint. I thought maybe glossing with red Raj?