Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: accidentally broke off very tiny fairy knot

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default accidentally broke off very tiny fairy knot

i got a tiny fair knot, maybe 3 4 strand at most. It was so tiny I could not get it out. I've bee nstressed recently, I should of tried to get it out after conditioning it tomorrow morning or putting oil on it. I was trying to pull pout the hairs from it which i learned later you shouldn't do it. I accidentally snapped the knot off it was near my ends. I don't think it was a lot of hairs maybr 3 or 4 but I'm very upset still.

I'm worried about the snap hair I can't find it now I can't see it all as I have a alot of long hair.

Would a hair stylist be able to spot the breakage and snip the ends to make sure they're not split and it growos properly?

Thanks

Phillip

Default Re: accidentally broke off very tiny fairy knot

Well I broke the hair, but it was like 1 or 2 strand that I broke I don't think it's noticeable. But now I feel a lot of regret wish I left it alone. I was detangling my hair. it wasn ear my ends next time I will just put conditioner on it ro ask a salon to get it out.

Purple Enthusiast SleepyTangles's Avatar
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by filip View Post
    i got a tiny fair knot, maybe 3 4 strand at most. It was so tiny I could not get it out. I've bee nstressed recently, I should of tried to get it out after conditioning it tomorrow morning or putting oil on it. I was trying to pull pout the hairs from it which i learned later you shouldn't do it. I accidentally snapped the knot off it was near my ends. I don't think it was a lot of hairs maybr 3 or 4 but I'm very upset still.

I'm worried about the snap hair I can't find it now I can't see it all as I have a alot of long hair.

Would a hair stylist be able to spot the breakage and snip the ends to make sure they're not split and it growos properly?

Thanks

Phillip
    Well I broke the hair, but it was like 1 or 2 strand that I broke I don't think it's noticeable. But now I feel a lot of regret wish I left it alone. I was detangling my hair. it wasn ear my ends next time I will just put conditioner on it ro ask a salon to get it out.
    I understand, it's very annoying when it happens! But you shouldn't stress: your general hair quality won't suffer from a single torn knot! Even if those strands split, the damage will be easily balanced by the healthy hair
    I think bringing an hairdresser into the matter would only make it worse.

I actually made a terribile knot a year ago, with a bad-quality spin-pin that got horribly tangled. I remember how frustrating it was to take it out only to hear it snap.

I agree with neko, once in a blue moon, when I feel that a knot is too tight to unravel, cutting it out cleanly is the best option.
    Pixie! - Ear - Chin-length floofball - B(L)ob - Shoulder - APL...

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Don't worry about broken hair. No one will be able to find ONE split hair on your head. Next time you encounter a fairy knot, reach for the scissors, you won't be able to untie that knot, and if you cut that one hair you will know that the cut was clean and it won't develop a split.

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Length
    APL/Hip/FTL

I hate when that happens. And I would never be able to find the offending damaged hairs. It will be fine.

Length
    pixie/Calf/max
    Type
    1a/F/i

That's nothing to be concerned about. Hair rebounds quite nicely from minor mishaps like this. I've even had very large knots either snap off or else I cut them. Relax, it's perfectly fine.

Length
    BSL/floor/floor
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

As the others have said, a couple broken strands won't ruin your hair by any means. I've accidentally snapped my hair when handling it tons of times; it's inevitable. That said, if it makes you feel any better, this hair will eventually shed out and be replaced with a healthy one. So even if you never find it, it will disappear in its own time.

In the future, my advice for fairy knots is to take a narrow pin and *carefully* ease it through an opening in the tangle. You should then be able to pull the hairs away from each other. But yes, sometimes they are unsalvageable, and you can only cut them out.

Length
    BSL?/??/?
    Type
    1c/F/M/iii

I'm at the point with my hair where if I find a knot that I can't gently detangle, I just cut it out with my hair scissors. Better for my hair in the end, I think.

ok thanks guys I just was upset because I thought it would make my hair look thinner on one side, it might of been like 3 or 4 strands not sure. My haitr is quite fine and curly/wavy but I have a lot of it. I don't think it's noticeable really maybe it's just paranoia.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

ok thanks guys I just was upset because I thought it would make my hair look thinner on one side, it might of been like 3 or 4 strands not sure. My haitr is quite fine and curly/wavy but I have a lot of it. I don't think it's noticeable really maybe it's just paranoia.
    We generally say treat your hair like old lace, but hair can withstand a lot.

There is no need to be so frightened almost of it.

Enjoy it. Post about the good things, rather than the frightening moments. That's my motto.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)