Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What was your "Aha! That's my goal length!" milestone?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

Default What was your "Aha! That's my goal length!" milestone?

Maybe this exists in some other form so feel free to merge if so

What was the milestone that first made you go. Yes, that's exactly the length I want! What is the milestone and what triggered that response

For me I thought it was knee or floor but I kept being wishy washy about it, since it's super extreme, but the other day I was playing around with a wig wasn't even wearing it just placing it in the general area of where milestones would be called and when it hit fingertip/mid thigh ( more mid thigh) range the switch in my brain went off and I was like yes, this is it.

Of course LHC might kick in by the time I get there but for this stage I'm content to aim for FTL/MTL

It's interesting because I never considered fingertip as a milestone until that moment but mid thigh was my first goal after joining LHC plus it's 50 inches on me and I like rounded numbers
    No Trimming No Dye
    CBL>>>>>APL>>>>>TBL>>>>LCL
    Currently Buzzed

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Default Re: What was your Aha! That's my goal Length, milestone?

This is an easy reply for me. APL was my "yes, this is the length for me." It took me a long time to get here. I will keep growing until the no-trim is over, then perhaps a trimming of the ends and a softening of the layers will happen.

All that said, though, Waist Length will be my magical, always wanted to be here, length. Patience......

Wishy/Washy is more than okay, Bat. You have nothing but time, fortunately!

Learn more. Know less. foreveryours's Avatar
    Length
    ./72"/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Knee. When I joined I realized just how feasible it might be. End of summer or early fall, I expect to be brushing top of kneecap and thereafter reaching deeper into the knee zone by year end. I don't think I ever wanted it before but it would make for a nice one year anniversary here. I think TBL was my magic length but I never was wishy washy, I just didn't care until I began to find it difficult to manage and came here.
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > KNEE > KNEE+

Length
    BSL/floor/floor
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

A good old fashioned head tilt has always persuaded me to grow longer Floor is only my limit for practicality reasons.

I think I had been around waist length for a few years when I first read this book and decided ankle length would be great:

(spoilers)

Well, you know. She runs the gamut from bald to "it filleth the great hall of the castle." There weren't any other people in my life with long hair growing up so I didn't really have milestones as such.
    Last edited by ccsdg; May 15th, 2021 at 05:35 AM.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ccsdg View Post
    I think I had been around waist length for a few years when I first read this book and decided ankle length would be great:

(spoilers)

Well, you know. She runs the gamut from bald to "it filleth the great hall of the castle." There weren't any other people in my life with long hair growing up so I didn't really have milestones as such.
    Hold up, that is so weird. I seem to have seen that image before somewhere. I'm sure it's the way the drawing is drawn; that might be it.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Hold up, that is so weird. I seem to have seen that image before somewhere. I'm sure it's the way the drawing is drawn; that might be it.
    Interesting! PJ Lynch is a pet fave watercolourist of mine. the story "Melisande" was published by Nesbit in 1901 but Lynch took it and republished it with these luscious illustrations. He's done it for a number of other stories as well. E Nesbit is also a favourite writer in our house. It's like a Rapunzel/Sleeping Beauty fairytale satire with logic. It's my purely personal opinion this book should be required reading for long hair enthusiasts...

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

I want to read that book sounds interesting!

Length
    HL/TBL/IDK
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

I don't know! That's why I'm not even sure if the goal I chose (solid classic) will be *the* goal. I remember that when I had blue hair I liked my hair in the BSL area. But since I started growing my hair and wearing it brown/blond, I don't know because actually conditions and color play a role for me, too. I can imagine myself with black straight hair at BCL, but for my blonde wavish hair it feels too "normal".

Length
    SHL/34.5/35.4
    Type
    1a/F/ii

To be honest I would like it to be mid butt, but knowing what a nuance it was when it started going there, I think its just not practical for me, even tho I like how it looks :/
    Growing virgin hip length