Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why can't I see pictures?

Default Why can't I see pictures?

I'm going through the honey lightening thread, and no one's pictures will show up for me. I see the posts, but no pictures or icons indicating broken links.

Help?

Default Re: Why can't I see pictures?

Never mind, I just found the post explaining permission levels

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Great, I was just about to link it.

Welcome to the forum! What's your hair like? Your routine?
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

There are also many photos that just don't show up because they are hosted externally, for a couple of reasons - Photobucket changed their terms so many of the images linked externally simply will not show up anywhere; also it seems the forum had a software update which won't show any pictures linked with http, only https. If you really want to see the photos in a post, you can click 'reply with quote' and copy and paste the photo links into your URL bat in the browser. That's not a guarantee you'll be able to see them (sometimes they have been moved or deleted anyway) but it's something you can try.

And yes, welcome to the forum!
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Thanks and hi! I am 2c/3b, currently growing out a pixie and it's still really short. I'm not sure about porosity atm because I was dying it regularly. The routine is as little as possible lol. Currently low poo about every 5 days, apply a bit of KCCC in it and go.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Oh cool!

There's the shorties thread you can join for some support on the pixie grow out stages.

I'll look for it. Thanks!

Length
    25/36/36
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Can I resurrect this to ask if there are privacy settings on in-thread pictures? I've looked through the informational posts, but I can't find a definitive answer. I can actually see most externally linked photos, but I can only see about 5% of pictures posted within a thread. Albums are a totally different thing - most of those I'm assuming have friends-only privacy settings - but I was expecting to be able to see more pictures within specific threads after I hit 25 posts.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by beneaththetrees View Post
    Can I resurrect this to ask if there are privacy settings on in-thread pictures? I've looked through the informational posts, but I can't find a definitive answer. I can actually see most externally linked photos, but I can only see about 5% of pictures posted within a thread. Albums are a totally different thing - most of those I'm assuming have friends-only privacy settings - but I was expecting to be able to see more pictures within specific threads after I hit 25 posts.
    If there is a certain picture you want to see, and it is not externally linked, have you tried "friending" the person? Then once you get approved (which might be a little problematic with a lower post count, depends on the person), seeing what happens.

Which pictures were you interested in. Thread?

Length
    25/36/36
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Thanks you so much! I haven't tried that yet - I tend to be shy in online spaces, for some reason. That's good advice, though!

There are a lot of henna threads that I'd like to be able to see pictures on, as well as the hairstyle of the month threads, but it's mostly a minor annoyance/confusion than anything else.