Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else out there's hair love everything!

Type
    1b/F/M/i

Talking Anyone else out there's hair love everything!

Hi Guys!

I've tried loads of things to do with hair, no poo, Cwc, C only, lately I switched back to using sulfates and my scalp loves them and doesn't hurt anymore! But I didn't use cones at all but instead used almond oil.
    Well I ran out of everything last week and I've been using my finances sister left over stuff, it's full of cones! And my hair is still exactly the same as it is when I don't use Cones!

So I was wondering does anyone else's hair just agree with everything, my hair is the same using cones or no cones!

Length
    MBL/Waist/Long
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

Default Re: Anyone else out there's hair love everything!

My hair also doesn't care about cones vs. no cones. I switch between them regularly with no changes.

Waist ~ Hip ~ TBL ~ Classic ~ Knee

Type
    1b/F/M/i

Quote Originally Posted by Larki View Post
    My hair also doesn't care about cones vs. no cones. I switch between them regularly with no changes.

Did you notice any change? I'm considering having a break.from no cones and switching to a coney conditioner and a different shampoo! What do you use?

Length
    Chin/Hip!/Clsc
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I just switched from 'cones and sulfates about a month ago. At first I didn't notice much of a difference. My hair felt exactly the same as when I used sulfates and cones. However, once I went heat-free I noticed a big change. I could never just let my hair air dry when using sulfates and cones. I needed a leave-in conditioner and if I didn't at least blow dry, my hair was a big frizzy mess. I usually used a dryer and then a flat iron on top of that. I was being lazy one day after using my all natural, sulfate and cone free COwash, and I realized my hair didn't really need any type of styling. It air dried into smooth perfection!

So, while I didn't notice any change right away, I can now say my hair behaves better without sulfates/cones.

Length
    26/Calf/?
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

I've never really noticed a difference in anything shampoo or conditioner-related. I've done CWC, normal order, WCC, cones, no cones, sulphates and non-sulfates. I really only notice very subtle changes when I use vinegar (but that's my favorite part of washing, so it's staying). My one noticeable thing? I needed to clarify a few weeks ago, and I tried it and it worked! That was nice to feel. It seems like my hair doesn't respond to much, but at least it can respond to SOMETHING. Egg washing also got my hair clean, but no noticeable improvement over shampoo, so I don't do those much. SMTs make no difference.

The only other thing for me that made a difference was CO- washing, which made my hair incredibly soft, shiny...and greasier faster. Or at least clumpier faster. ( which I don't want, because my hair already looks dirty enough halfway through day two!)

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

My hair does care. No cones is too "light" for me and makes my hair a tangly mess. No thank you.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Type
    1b/F/M/i

Quote Originally Posted by NicCarpenter View Post
    I just switched from 'cones and sulfates about a month ago. At first I didn't notice much of a difference. My hair felt exactly the same as when I used sulfates and cones. However, once I went heat-free I noticed a big change. I could never just let my hair air dry when using sulfates and cones. I needed a leave-in conditioner and if I didn't at least blow dry, my hair was a big frizzy mess. I usually used a dryer and then a flat iron on top of that. I was being lazy one day after using my all natural, sulfate and cone free COwash, and I realized my hair didn't really need any type of styling. It air dried into smooth perfection!

So, while I didn't notice any change right away, I can now say my hair behaves better without sulfates/cones.
    I don't use heat anyway and haven't since I shaved my hair and stayed regrowing it, only have it blow dried once every four months when it's cut. Is made my haor super shiney! But where my hair is super healthy now, I've got loads of regrowth that looks like breakage and its so annoying

Type
    1b/F/M/i

@entangled when I Co washed out made my hair so slippy I couldn't do anything with it. Glad someone else understands hair that loves everything. I might try a coney conditioner and see west happens

Length
    MBL/Waist/Long
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by MoominPaige View Post
    Did you notice any change? I'm considering having a break.from no cones and switching to a coney conditioner and a different shampoo! What do you use?
    No changes at all! Normally, I cowash with Suave Naturals (cone-free), but sometimes I use Wen (contains amodimethicone, which isn't supposed to build up), and when I go home I cowash with a variety of random conditioners my mom has. All of them have cones of some sort or another. It makes no difference to my hair. What does matter, though, is not using shampoo! I've been cowashing for a year now and my hair is so much sleeker and less frizzy than it was when I used shampoo and conditioner like a normal person. Shampoo dries my hair out like crazy, even though I was only using it on my scalp, not my whole length.

Waist ~ Hip ~ TBL ~ Classic ~ Knee

Length
    26/Calf/?
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

Cones ARE nice for the actual detangling process; I use a coney detangler/leave in conditioner (joico) that really helps with the actual tangled. As for conditioner, I think I might switch back to herbal essences(I'm using suave naturals) for a while because I like the smell and I'm not really noticing any difference no matter what I use.