Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are the very best oils or oil products for using pre-shampoo or at night IF you>

Length
    Short/Short/APL
    Type
    2b/F/i

Default What are the very best oils or oil products for using pre-shampoo or at night IF you>

Have fine hair?

I have short hair currently, but I’m a visionary and am already there in my mind lol. What oils are best for fine hair?

Thanks in advance!🙏🏻

Default Re: What are the very best oils or oil products for using pre-shampoo or at night IF

I love babassu oil. It’s a penetrating oil so it helps to protect the hair during the wash, and I can use it liberally without any residual oiliness or stringiness afterwards. My hair is easily weighed down but babassu oil doesn’t do that, and it doesn’t build up in my hair either.

Default Re: What are the very best oils or oil products for using pre-shampoo or at night IF

When I use oil I use jojoba oil or mineral oil (baby oil) for leave-in, pre shampoo, or ROO.I am currently using chi serum which I think is silicone based, but will rotate back to the oils as they also work great for me. My hair is very fine strands, bleach damaged, and also rather thick.
    Last edited by rosenester; December 10th, 2022 at 05:59 PM.
    Maintaining 31” HL last bleach nov 2020 final goal is HL virgin hair by 6/2025 for my 40th

Gimmee all the goats!!! GoatLady's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/TBL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Lately I like my oil emulsified. At least once a month I do a Pre-poo treatment with my homemade mayonnaise. It contains egg, avocado oil and light olive oil. I rarely have a split end.

Hurray! I've reached tailbone length! Last trim 1-2-23.
    Lady Roxanne,Keeper of the Caprines 🐐in the order of the Long Haired Knights.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

It's not a question of "the best", it is just about what works / is best for you personally, and that you just have to figure out all on your own. Buy a couple small bottles (100ml) of jojoba, sweet almond, olive, coconut and you are set to go. More than one person on here reacts "weirdly" to coconut (brittle, dry) so there's that, if you want to avoid it, now you can.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Gimmee all the goats!!! GoatLady's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/TBL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    More than one person on here reacts "weirdly" to coconut (brittle, dry) so there's that, if you want to avoid it, now you can.
    I'm one of those. My hair doesn't like coconut oil at all.

Yesterday I mixed up a bunch of different oils. Camellia, castor, avocado, and olive oil. Then I added in some rosemary, Lavendar, and peppermint essential oils. Heated it up, oiled my scalp and lengths (with particular attention to ends), put on a heat cap and left it for 30 minutes before washing it out. My hair LOVED it and is so soft today. I recommend getting some oils and experimenting to find what your hair responds best to.

Hurray! I've reached tailbone length! Last trim 1-2-23.
    Lady Roxanne,Keeper of the Caprines 🐐in the order of the Long Haired Knights.

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    It's not a question of "the best", it is just about what works / is best for you personally, and that you just have to figure out all on your own. Buy a couple small bottles (100ml) of jojoba, sweet almond, olive, coconut and you are set to go. More than one person on here reacts "weirdly" to coconut (brittle, dry) so there's that, if you want to avoid it, now you can.
    That's right. It's not a question of what's the best. It is a question of what works for you. My hair loves all kind of oils. Especially, coconut oil.
    (Chin length) (Shoulder Length) (Bra Strap Length) (Mid Back Length) (Waist Length) (Hip Length) (Tail Bone Length) (Classic Length) (Mid Thigh Length) (Knee Length) (Calf Length) (Ankle Length) (Floor Length)

Length
    Waist/BCL/FT
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

I have good experiences with sweet almond. Works for my hair and doesn't leave a residue even when I oil heavily pre wash. But I only wash it out with conditioner and I have no clue how effective shampoo would be to get it out. In my experience, shampoo is more a hit and miss in removing oil properly than conditioner is. Just a tip.

Length
    APL/40/48
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I second that you need to try stuff out for yourself. I avoided coconut oil for ages because I often read about how it makes hair dry and brittle. After finally trying it I found out that my hair loves it so much, though.

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i/ii

I used to use Castor oil on my roots about an hour before shampooing and that worked just fine, but it wasn’t the best. My sister gifted me Safa Rosé oil and I like that wayyy better. I’ll leave the Amazon link and links to pictures of my hair after using it.

https://www.amazon.com/SAFA-Ros%C3%A...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

https://freeimage.host/i/HImhQAg
    https://freeimage.host/i/HImhLHF

It’s about $24 on Amazon. It has almond oil, apricot oil, argan oil, rose essential oil, rose petals, and vitamin E. It comes with a dropper so the petals don’t get in your hair haha. I massaged it onto my scalp, roots, and a little on the ends of my hair. Then I clipped it up and left it for about half an hour before shampooing then left my hair in two braids overnight with satin scrunchies.

For an everyday treatment when my ends are dry, I use Hask Repairing Hair Argan Oil. I use about a dime sized amount and spread it evenly through my lengths after braiding or before brushing. No need to shampoo after.