Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your daily hair care routine?

Default What's your daily hair care routine?

I wash my hair twice a week. After it becomes dry, apply oil along with some scalp massage and tie it in a bun. On weekdays, I tie my hair in a low and lose bun (my hair being thin, less volume and with oil my bun is always very small). After coming home, open the bun, comb the scalp and tie it again up in a higher bun. I would prefer tying it in a braid while going to office, but then it would be very thin braid. I am the only person in my office having my hair tied up daily I untangle my hair every alternate days.

What's your daily hair care routine like?

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: What's your daily hair care routine?

It's weekly-washed, and combed and brushed pre- and post-wash. After that it is basically left alone. Put up daily, but never combed or brushed during the week. That's it. No maintenance necessary, but once a week.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Hmmm. I have never brushed my hair. My mom rarely used to brush my hair when I was small. I would like to do it too, because I heard it help with blood circulation on scalp. My hair tangles up easily (even after I untangle it) because of my thin hair and so I am afraid that brushing my hair will break it. I will have to find a good brush though.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I have a Tangle Teezer. Look it up on Google if you don't know the brand. It's a plastic brush that makes horrible sounds sometimes, but it's not yet, not ever caused me a hint of breakage or damage. Been using this for *years* now! Oh and my hair is combed, then brushed pre-wash, but then "only" combed (damp, out of the towel hair) post-wash.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Tries to Help Everyone jacqueline101's Avatar
    Length
    slh/Hip/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

I wash weekly beautiful lengths Saturday. I condition with mane n tail then beautiful lengths. I use nature fusion leave in then shine serum repeat Monday Wednesday Friday my hair is braided and hair bagged when dry on wash day until Monday. I wear it braided only redo braid if it's falling out.

http://51303.photobucket.com/user/ja...ker101/profile
    Some say I'm nearing hip and my fat ate the hair I'm jacqueline101 not a pronoun
    jacquelinewalker101.blogspot.com

Type
    2b/M/iii

I practice benign neglect as far as my hair routine.

Take hair down from braided bun on top of my head, detangle it with wide toothcomb (about 3 minutes total)
    Brush 60 strokes with a pure bbb in the bent at the waist position.
    Use the inversion braiding method and rebraid it again in a braided bun that sits on top of my head
    Washing: once a month, with my GM Pink Crème Shampoo
    Drying: airdrying outdoors (takes about 20 minutes. I have my own special technique for gentle, fast drying). Indoors, I use a portable electric heater and it takes about 45 minutes or a little less.
    Always detangle with a wide tooth comb before brushing.]
    Use no oils, masks, serums, anything on my hair. My brushing takes care of everything and leaves my hair shiny, soft and distributes my hair's natural sebum.
    I use 4 drops of Mineral Oil as a conditioner, and to help with detangling after shampooing.
    I love to braid my hair and use inversion braiding to accomplish that.
    I rarely clarify my hair as I don't put anything on it that leads to buildup problems.
    My 2 hairbrushes are pure boar bristle..one bought years ago at Walgreens, the other available from Madora Long Hair Heaven and the Enchantress salon in Ohio.
    My favorite brand of wide tooth comb is made by Speert, all of whose combs are handmade. Great company!

Length
    Pixie/Hip/Cl+
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Friday is wash day for me. I do a deep conditioning with some Night Blooming salve (I have the sample pack and I rotate which one I use around to see which one I like best). I let it sit for about an hour then WCC. Once it's not dripping wet anymore (usually takes about 15 minutes wrapped in a shirt) I put on some more salve as a leave in. I also recently added mineral oil as a leave in since my ends are getting a little dry from the weather.

After that I just braid it for sleep, wear it up everyday and detangle once each morning with fingers then a wide tooth comb. I've also started dampening the ends of my braids and putting a little mineral oil on the ends before bed. It's great because my hair just soaks up the oil and I don't need to keep washing it.
    Pixie...Chin...Shoulder...Collarbone...APL...BSL...Waist...Hip...Tailbone...Classic

Length
    28/tlb/tlb
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii

I wash hair once a week with a pre-oil and a leave in after. I only comb it once or twice a week. Most of the time it's in a braid, bun or braided bun. I don't do much with it anymore unless the urge strikes. Benign neglect mostly.

Indian Herb Article Wstern Herb Article 2b/C/ii/iii .
    Lady Aes Cyprium, Potionmaker and Alchemist to the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    26/38/56
    Type
    1b/1c/F/iii

Do a full wash once a week with a sulphate-free shampoo and a deep conditioning treatment. I also do a scalp wash only twice a week. I use a silicone and argan oil serum a couple of times a week on my ends. Sometimes I pre-poo with coconut oil before a full hair wash.

I braid my hair for sleep and comb with a horn comb (love it!). During the day my hair is up (usually LWB). I have just started boar bristle brushing according to the George Michael technique. So far it is going well and I am enjoying the scalp stimulation. I trim my hair every 6 months.

Length
    27/39/41
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

I pre-oil hair prior to every wash which is 5-6 days (hot, humid months) and every 7-8 days (cooler months).
    Garnier fructis shampoo and conditioner is what I've been using for a very long time. Recently I've changed over to using reetha/shikakai paste or reduction.
    As a leave-in I prefer olive/ apricot/ catharidine oil (peanut oil with cantharidin).
    I comb once before and once after a wash with a tangle teezer which I absolutely love! The rest of the time my hair is in a nautilus bun if using a hairstick or a cinnabun if using U pins or a claw clip.