Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starting with a pixie cut, aiming for waist length!

Length
    3/3/30
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

Default Starting with a pixie cut, aiming for waist length!

Hi all! I've decided to grow out my pixie cut and try to get beautiful long locks like I had when I was younger.

When I was younger, I had beautiful waist length locks. I first cut it short at age 14 and I haven't been able to grow it past APL since.

I've given up all dying and bleaching as it's the reason I had to get a pixie in the first place; I was sporting APL this time last year before I tried to go blonde again

My pixie at the moment is an absolute mess after the stylist took a razor to my hair to cut it, even though my hair is very fine. There are split ends everywhere and it's all different lengths.

I'm willing to do anything to bring back the hair I had as a young girl, I'm fed up with this short, boyish, messy hair. I'll be 27 next month and I want to have my waist length hair back before I reach the big 30. I've basically had bad hair for half my life!

I can't figure out how to add images so here's a google drive link to my hair pics >>> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wQ...3yEnkzehJ8q8eO

I'm looking forward to restarting my hair growth journey as part of a community

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Starting with a pixie cut, aiming for waist length!

A lot of patience and good care and, basically leaving it alone. There is a "shorties" thread here for some support if you need it.

The pixie is cute though!

Welcome to the forum!
    And happy growing!!!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    3/3/30
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

Thank you! I definitely need to work on my patience, when I get frustrated I start thinking about dyes and it always ends in regret! I'll definitely check out the shorties thread

A lot of people say they like the pixie, but honestly I just want to have a Pocahontas 'colours of the wind' moment

Thank you for the welcome!

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Welcome to the forum! You look great in both pictures, but I particularly like your hair in the teenage photo - I'm just a fan of long hair - as you might be able to tell
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    3/3/30
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

Thank you! It was quite difficult looking at the pictures of my younger self and seeing the beautiful hair that I didn't appreciate at the time. Cutting it in a fit of teenage rebellion is genuinely one of my biggest regrets in life.

Your hair is incredible! I hope that I can muster the same level of commitment as you to grow my hair

Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Welcome!

If cutting your hair is your biggest regret, you seem to be doing very well in life
    (I have a tendency to cut it out of rebellion as well.. I do regret it quite a bit, but at least I know WHY I want longer hair now..)

Type
    3a/F/M/iii

Welcome! Former pixie here, I've had stylists go razor crazy too before! Best of luck!

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Welcome!

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Welcome

Bling it up with different hair toys and styles to enjoy every stage of your journey.

Happy growing

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Seconding Groovy Granny. Try to enjoy every stage, and when your hair is at too awkward a stage to enjoy it, learn some scarf wraps or get some hats. If you're in my hemisphere and moving toward winter, it's the perfect time to be covering your head. Tiny trims around the perimeter to give it some shape really helped me a lot when I was growing out from pixie. I'm not fond of the shaggy look.