Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi everyone, newbie here :)

Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Default Hi everyone, newbie here :)

Hello to everyone!
    I recently decided to start growing my hair out!
    It hasn't been past my shoulder blades for years and years since a lot of it broke and fell out, changed texture and became a mess due to an undiagnosed medical condition.
    Now that it's looking and feeling better, I can't wait to see what it looks like long!

Does anyone have tips for getting more consistent, long lasting curls? By my third day my hair is almost completely straight
    Also, are satin/silk pillowcases worth the money?
    I have fine, thin-ish 2b/2c hair.

Thank you!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Hi everyone, newbie here :)

Welcome!

My hair typically starts out pretty nice. My signature picture is the day after washing and after having slept on it (and it was a hairtyping picture, I believe, so not "all its glory" LOL). Yes, waves and curls do sag the longer you leave between wash days.

I weekly wash, for instance, and by Sunday, it's pretty much a body wave.

Do you use any styling products after washing? If not I'd try and look at the LOC/LCO method (linked in my signature). It's a great place to start sprucing the waves/curls up a bit.

HTH!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    BSL/Hip/?
    Type
    3c/4a/M/ii/iii

Hello and welcome PaleAle
    Kay , BSL > MBL > Waist > Hip

Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Welcome!

My hair typically starts out pretty nice. My signature picture is the day after washing and after having slept on it (and it was a hairtyping picture, I believe, so not "all its glory" LOL). Yes, waves and curls do sag the longer you leave between wash days.

I weekly wash, for instance, and by Sunday, it's pretty much a body wave.

Do you use any styling products after washing? If not I'd try and look at the LOC/LCO method (linked in my signature). It's a great place to start sprucing the waves/curls up a bit.

HTH!
    I use a curling cream, but I'm thinking of switching to something stronger, like a pomade...
    I'll go take a look at the LOC/LCO method, thanks!

Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Hairkay View Post
    Hello and welcome PaleAle
    Thank you Hairkay!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by PaleAle View Post
    I use a curling cream, but I'm thinking of switching to something stronger, like a pomade...
    I'll go take a look at the LOC/LCO method, thanks!
    You're welcome! Also, in short, because it's no fun wading through bundles of messages, it is a sort of a layering method, whereby you do a leave-in, a cream and an oil or leave-in, oil, cream, depending on what order you like best for your hair. I do a curling cream, gel and serum and call it a day. I don't bother with a leave-in, but it's because... I like me some hold. LOL. The key is, if you have say classic length, about a coinsize per layer will do! If you have waves. Curls? More definitely use more, the tighter the curl, the more product, but just for a wavy texture? A small amount per layer will do. Spread it between palms and scrunch in, go to town. LOL!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    WL/HL/KL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Welcome!
    - I will cut my hair once I am defeated in battle -
    Lady Lavender, Mistress of the Mighty Fowl, in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

Length
    16/38/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I love, love, love my silk pillowcase! Not only great for hair but also skin. I no longer wake up with pillow marks all over my face or dry skin so I imagine it's doing the same for my hair. Good luck and welcome to the LHC!
    CBL/APL/BSL​/MBL/Waist/Hip/TBL

Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    You're welcome! Also, in short, because it's no fun wading through bundles of messages, it is a sort of a layering method, whereby you do a leave-in, a cream and an oil or leave-in, oil, cream, depending on what order you like best for your hair. I do a curling cream, gel and serum and call it a day. I don't bother with a leave-in, but it's because... I like me some hold. LOL. The key is, if you have say classic length, about a coinsize per layer will do! If you have waves. Curls? More definitely use more, the tighter the curl, the more product, but just for a wavy texture? A small amount per layer will do. Spread it between palms and scrunch in, go to town. LOL!
    I'll give it a go thanks for the tips!

Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by sipnsun View Post
    I love, love, love my silk pillowcase! Not only great for hair but also skin. I no longer wake up with pillow marks all over my face or dry skin so I imagine it's doing the same for my hair. Good luck and welcome to the LHC!
    Thank you
    I am definitely thinking of buying one! My hair is a rat's nest in the mornings