Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi! :) Happy to be here.

Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

Default Hi! :) Happy to be here.

Hello lovely people!

I've been stalking for a while and finally decided to join the community properly. I love that this forum exist, it's such a great archive of knowledge and experience!

This is my current hair state, the length is somewhere around 55 cm / 21.5 in. My goal for now is to reach waist length with healthy unbleached hair. I'm also considering dying it red with henna this autumn, that is something that I've been wanting to do for years but kept postponing it. I used to dye it with semi-permanent red dye in high school and it's visible, pretty dark but not too dark so that you don't notice it's red, so I'm hoping that henna will be similarly visible on my hair. I even have the powder waiting for me to use it for 6 months now This is one of the reasons that pushed me to start posting, wanting the access to the pictures so that I can see how henna looks on hair similar to mine

One of the other things I would like to work on is to get rid of dandruff. Random things bring it back and I wasn't able to figure out a pattern. I just know that for some reason Lavera Sensitive Shampoo works for me. I'm afraid to experiment with completely SLS free shampoos because of this. I never know what will bring the dandruff back, and when it's back it's there for a couple of weeks at least.

So this is me, nice to meet everyone, and I'm looking forward to learning new things!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Hi! :) Happy to be here.

Welcome!

Side-note. Henna will probably leave a "glow" on your hair, as it is pretty dark for it. It will not turn red-red but rather leave a sheen on the hair.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Nice to meet you!
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Howdy!

Do the photos show (roughly) your natural hair color, or is there any semi-perm remaining in it? If that is your natural color, your hair is probably too dark for henna to register as "red" on you. My own color is a few shades lighter than yours, with natural reddish highlights, and henna just gives me. . . somewhat more coppery reddish highlights. I love it for the conditioning effect, though, and my family is North African so there is an important cultural aspect to henna for us.

If you are interested in a mahogany/"cherry cola" color, though, you might be able to get that from henna.

Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

@shelomit Yes, this is completely my natural color, except the little bit of bleach at the ends. The red has grown out long time ago.

I attached a couple of images to clarify what I'm going for. The first image is my hair in a strong diffuse light. Even though it seems completely dark indoors, there is still space for a pigment to be visible. The other 3 images are how my hair looked like with a semi permanent dye which pretty much washed out with only a little residue of red left, it wasn't strong enough to lift the color from my natural hair. I expect something like this from henna too, not changing the value of my hair, just the shade to a deep dark red, just with more natural redish hues then this. But even if it doesn't work I'm ok with a nice warm glow too

My hair seems pretty similar to hers, I feel it could look close to this, dark indoors, having a nice bright shade outdoors.

Length
    ?/WL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Hello and welcome!

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Welcome!

You should strand test to see what color you get There's also this thread that might interest you https://forums.longhaircommunity.com...res+henna+hair

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Hi - welcome to the forum
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

Thanks everyone for the welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by TatsuOni View Post
    Welcome!

You should strand test to see what color you get There's also this thread that might interest you https://forums.longhaircommunity.com...res+henna+hair
    That's exactly what I'm looking for Thank you!

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Raiwen View Post
    @shelomit Yes, this is completely my natural color, except the little bit of bleach at the ends. The red has grown out long time ago.

I attached a couple of images to clarify what I'm going for. The first image is my hair in a strong diffuse light. Even though it seems completely dark indoors, there is still space for a pigment to be visible. The other 3 images are how my hair looked like with a semi permanent dye which pretty much washed out with only a little residue of red left, it wasn't strong enough to lift the color from my natural hair. I expect something like this from henna too, not changing the value of my hair, just the shade to a deep dark red, just with more natural redish hues then this. But even if it doesn't work I'm ok with a nice warm glow too
    The photo of your hair with the semiperm is actually pretty much what I was trying to describe with "mahogany." That should probably be attainable with henna! It may take multiple applications to build up the level of reddishness that you want, though. Tatsu is exactly right: strand test, strand test, strand test. . .