• Sesame oil

2 1.85%
  • Grapeseed oil

5 4.63%
  • Other- let us know!

18 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your favorite oil for growth/thinning/strengthening etc...

Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

Question Your favorite oil for growth/thinning/strengthening etc...

I've been wondering what is your favorite hair oil that helped you the most throughout your hair growth journey. It can be any oil, readymade mix or pure or mixed with other oils/herbs according to your preference.

It would be great to hear from you all!
    La vie en rose.

Length
    Chin/36.5"/TBL+?
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Default Re: Your favorite oil for growth/thinning/strengthening etc...

I voted almond, as it's what I use but I really need to experiment more someday. So many oils, so few washes (in a year....) I also often add my own EO blends to my hair oil.

Olive oil left my hair lanky, too heavy. Coconut was fine for me. Argan seemed good, but was a bit heavy for my thin hair. But I have gallons of almond oil that were gifted to me, so I'm using up the stash (which could take years). I do like how quickly it absorbs into skin as well (almond oil, that is).
    <- Me, bellydancing in HAIR ~

Length
    Chin/TBL/Term
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

I voted almond oil, jojoba oil and babassu oil for other.
    My hair prefers lighter oils in general. Almond oil is for overall pre-poo. Jojoba is for ends, after a wash when hair is damp. Babassu, mixed with a lighter oil, is for heavy oiling, when hair needs more conditioning.
    I tried pre-poo scalp oiling for months, mixing almond, grapeseed, jojoba, olive oil, castor oil and babassu oil, with rosemary, lavender, clary sage EO. The mix was surprisingly light, quickly absorbed by my scalp, but I think there was too much EO and caused more shedding. So now I don't use oil on scalp.

Length
    APL/Hip/Hip
    Type
    1a/1b/F/iii

I voted coconut and olive oil. I use both in different ways (coconut oil for heavy pre-wash oilings, and olive oil as a post-wash leave-in), but they both help my hair tremendously.

Maintaining at hip length | Growing out natural color

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I love my serum from Aldi (brand: Kyrell) and from Action (brand: Hegron). They are great serums.

Apart from that I love argan oil (I have some in a hair mask by Aldi that is *amazing*) and sweet almond oil. Also jojoba, macadamia, all great oils to use. And my favorite: baby oil. Yes, just plain baby oil (not used on the roots though).
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Alissalocks View Post
    I voted almond, as it's what I use but I really need to experiment more someday. So many oils, so few washes (in a year....) I also often add my own EO blends to my hair oil.

Olive oil left my hair lanky, too heavy. Coconut was fine for me. Argan seemed good, but was a bit heavy for my thin hair. But I have gallons of almond oil that were gifted to me, so I'm using up the stash (which could take years). I do like how quickly it absorbs into skin as well (almond oil, that is).
    I never used olive oil as it felt heavier for my hair. Coconut is my all time favorite. Castor helped me a lot, it's the best oil I ever used. Castor oil made my hair moisturised and voluminous but it took time to show the results.

I dont know about almond but I would definitely try it as it is lighter than coconut oil.
    La vie en rose.

Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    I love my serum from Aldi (brand: Kyrell) and from Action (brand: Hegron). They are great serums.

Apart from that I love argan oil (I have some in a hair mask by Aldi that is *amazing*) and sweet almond oil. Also jojoba, macadamia, all great oils to use. And my favorite: baby oil. Yes, just plain baby oil (not used on the roots though).
    I too have used baby oil on my length when I was a child. My mom used it on my dry stick straight hair to keep my hair tangle free while playing.
    La vie en rose.

My hair loves the NOW brand Rose Oil ~ a blend of almond, apricot, grapeseed, rose hip, and jojoba.
    Sometimes I cut it with mineral/baby oil, and sometimes I use mineral/baby oil alone as well.

Length
    MBL/Waist/Thigh
    Type
    1a/F/ii

My hair generally loves Argan oil. My scalp hates coconut oil (I figure oils in general as my scalp on its own is oily enough) but my length likes it.
    I have yet to try herbs though; I have a list of herbs I've been meaning to try doing a rinse with.

Length
    3.5/5.5/26
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I have been using coconut oil and castor oil once a week for probably 5 weeks now. I haven't seen dramatic results but I do feel like my hair is beginning to look much thicker in spots and its growing very fast. I have heard so many people rave about castor oil.