Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your epic hair moment?

Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Default What's your epic hair moment?

Maintaining healthy long hair is a lot of work. What is the epic hair moment you are growing it for? A hairstyle? Showing it off at an event? What makes it worthwhile to grow your hair for you?

Mine is wearing it in a fancy braided bun or down once I am done growing it to terminal length!

Length
    26/Calf/?
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

Default Re: What's your epic hair moment?

I'm growing it for the moment it becomes an extra limb, and for the moment my braid can smack others in the face!

I'm only halfway kidding!
    Though I'm growing it for personal gratification, I'm also growing it to elicit bun-drop awe from bystanders, and to have a young child think I have princess hair. I don't know if the last one will happen, but my baby brother has already started playing with my braid.

Length
    CBL/TBL/-
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Entangled View Post
    I'm growing it for the moment it becomes an extra limb, and for the moment my braid can smack others in the face!

Though I'm growing it for personal gratification, I'm also growing it to elicit bun-drop awe from bystanders, and to have a young child think I have princess hair. I don't know if the last one will happen, but my baby brother has already started playing with my braid.
    Bun-drop awe is definitely up there for me (also, perfect phrasing).

I've also been wanting to have a braid long enough to wrap around my head once. Generally, though, I want to be able to do the elaborate buns and braids I used to do. (The Madora!)
    Caution: LHC-itis may become terminal.
    https://zestylonghair.wordpress.com

Length
    APL/HIP/TERM
    Type
    3a/3b/M/iii

I'm not growing mine for any specific reason. It was once because I wanted to do elaborate braids and up-do's, but the longer my hair gets, the harder it becomes and the less I care XD Now im just growing it out because I want 'out of this world' long hair.

SL/WL/HIP/BCL/TBL/CL+
    My journey from chemical damage to virgin hair.
    No trim 2014/Benign Neglect/Vegan Care.

Length
    bob/27.5/hip??
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Not a specific moment per se, but to see if I can grow long hair. I'd sort of convinced myself that I didn't have the type of hair that could grow long, and now that I've learned how to take care of it properly I want to prove myself wrong.
    **shoulder**cbl**apl**BSL**waist**

Length
    BSL/Calf/Term?
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

One of the epic moments would be covering my body completely (or almost completely) with hair. I think it will be pretty cool!

And I'd love to do full-blown Elisabeth of Austria hairstyles - those are definitely epic!

Length
    SL+/apl/bsl
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii

Headbanging is one. My hair was really damaged and really tapered in the past, plus it's naturally very lightweight and puffy, so I need more overall thickness and length for it to be acting like it should. But I generally just like long hair.

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

I would like to be able to wow people with the length of mine, but it's going to take a fair bit more length yet, I think.
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

No epic hair moment. Just growing it out long enough so I can wear buns (still can't wear a nautilus or cinnabun at this thickness & length).
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Entangled View Post

Love this!