PDA

View Full Version : What are you doing to/for your hair right now?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

Crumpet
October 6th, 2013, 10:37 PM
I'm having a bout of insomnia and decided to take advantage of the awake time by:

-infusing ACV with chamomile
-steeping catnip tea for the week

My hair is lightly oiled and in loosely floating around in its happy sleep cap.

Out of interest, what are the rest of you doing to/for your hair right now?

MadameV
October 6th, 2013, 10:47 PM
Sitting on my hands while it air dries. I used to think that if I didn't comb it when it was wet it dried weird and messy. I've recently realized that messiness is actually wave, and I'm trying to learn to respect that. It's hard, considering I used to watch tv and comb it over and over to make it dry faster.

Bun15
October 6th, 2013, 10:57 PM
I'm gonna try putting olive oil in my shampoo and the vinegar rinse tomorrow

Diamond.Eyes
October 6th, 2013, 11:50 PM
I've got my hair in braid, soaking in EVCO and it is gently placed inside my silk sleeping cap. I'm pretty sure my hair loves me right now :p

Audhumla
October 7th, 2013, 12:13 AM
I'm taking a few deep breaths and keeping the stress down.
Nothin' like an afternoon of nostalgia gaming to soothe the soul.

teawitch
October 7th, 2013, 12:25 AM
Laying on a satiny pillow after oiling my hair with Shea Moisture Reconstructive Elixir (last night I oiled it with coconut oil).

Stray_mind
October 7th, 2013, 12:29 AM
I'm waiting for my hair to air-dry. Today was a benign neglect day, so i just washed it with a shampoo ant didn't do anything extra for it. I guess you can call it clarifying....?

Ashflower89
October 7th, 2013, 04:19 AM
Ugh, I know what you mean MadameV. I fought so hard against what my hair was naturally trying to do when it dried, but all along it was actually very cute curls and waves. I feel like the curls look terrible with my current short style, but I cant wait to see them longer.

Anyways, as far as my hair, all Im doing for it is a moroccan argan oil treatment once a week. That doesnt include avoiding things that are damaging lol.

milky way
October 7th, 2013, 04:26 AM
Right now it's oiled and in two french braids, and so it shall be until I can find the strength to walk the 500 metres to the eco store to buy conditioner!

Crumpet
October 7th, 2013, 05:26 AM
Sitting on my hands while it air dries. I used to think that if I didn't comb it when it was wet it dried weird and messy. I've recently realized that messiness is actually wave, and I'm trying to learn to respect that. It's hard, considering I used to watch tv and comb it over and over to make it dry faster.

I sympathize. I have discovered I am wavier than I realized since I joined the LHC. I always thought my hair was messy unless I put it up after it dried. In reality, my hair was objecting to me messing with its wave. I'm being kinder to my waves now!

Now: hair up in a messy morning bun. I didn't get all of the oil out in my wash on Sunday morning so my ends are a bit shiny. They'll survive until the next one (and may even thank me for it!

Aingeal
October 7th, 2013, 06:44 AM
My hair has Shea moisture coconut milk in it and is sitting in a bun for the day. No washes hopefully until wed, so tomorrow evening I put coconut oil in it.

Rio040113
October 7th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Nothing special is happening to my hair right now, I have day 2 hair at the minute which is surprisingly not greasy for me at all and my length is feeling awesome after my leave-in experiment yesterday. It's just relaxing in a soft scrunchie bun for today :)

shutterpillar
October 7th, 2013, 09:50 AM
I'm waiting on my henna to oxidize. :) When it's finished, I'll give my hair a good wash and conditioning treatment.

ositarosita
October 7th, 2013, 10:09 AM
It's up in a bun, all happy marinating in sebum.. which I l plan to leave it and not wash until Sunday. I'm pretty sure my hair is grateful

Arien
October 7th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Putting it up in a bun and hearing something that sounded like hair snap when threading the hair stick through and thinking 'Oh my god!' and taking it back out of the bun and brushing and brushing to see if any clumps of hair fall out and relaxing when none falls out and then realising the end of the hair stick snapped and that is what the noise was and breathe! :D.

Hair is safe! :).

Heni
October 7th, 2013, 10:48 AM
I oiled it with my Vatika hair oil, smells so delish! :) Going to co wash it out soon to have the time to air dry before I go to bed.

BrightEyes
October 7th, 2013, 10:53 AM
I just rinsed out a deep treatment. Now my hair is air drying and I will later put it up with a clip.

xoam0re
October 7th, 2013, 11:01 AM
I discovered that when I fuss with my hair more, the more it seems to not thrive, so I've kind of taken on the idea of 'benign neglect', I still baby it. . . but it seems to do better when I've "forgotten" its there, lol.

teawitch
October 7th, 2013, 11:09 AM
I'm about to put some coconut oil in my hair and then put it up with my toothless Ficcarissimo clip to protect my ends.

Sylvestrix
October 7th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Eating a gargantuan bowl of fruit doused in natural yoghurt.

..well, okay, that's mostly for the tastebuds, but hey, healthy grub is good for the hair! :eyebrows:

jacqueline101
October 7th, 2013, 11:13 AM
I'm going to Monistat my scalp, put a leave in on my length,detangle,and wear in a French twist. I know I broke my braid style trend.

long&blonde
October 7th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Benign neglect. It's definitely the longest it's ever been. I'm trying to ignore it, so I don't get tempted into hitting a salon for "face framing layers", which chances them talking me into a trim. My goal's been classic forever. Wow am I stretching washes. Honestly, the longer your hair gets, the easier it is to wash your hair just once a week, or less. I will detangle, brush, leave it in scrunched ponytail.

melusine963
October 7th, 2013, 12:57 PM
I'm wearing my hair up and out of the way, and I'll try not to mess with it until bedtime.

xoam0re
October 7th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Eating a gargantuan bowl of fruit doused in natural yoghurt.

..well, okay, that's mostly for the tastebuds, but hey, healthy grub is good for the hair! :eyebrows:

lol. i like you more and more everytime i read your posts. :taz:

Sylvestrix
October 7th, 2013, 01:13 PM
lol. i like you more and more everytime i read your posts. :taz:
D'awww! :o Thank you! I've just started posting again after a bit of a lurking-hidey-spree, so it's really nice to know someone's enjoying my posts! xD

Nebulae
October 7th, 2013, 03:09 PM
What I'm doing for my hair right now.. well, physically, ignoring it - it's up in my standard lazy wrap bun. :D other than that, I'm back on this site researching stuff, which I count as good for my hair too! It's been benign neglect for the past months for me... Time to find some inspiration :)

MidnightSunlite
October 7th, 2013, 04:54 PM
I'm using this stuff called Pink! One is like a creme moisturizer the other like a oil and I use that every now and then. I have don't have a cap or a silk/satin pillow though. I'm also trying use finish using Pantene truly relaxed oil creme moisturizer up. Um I've doing some "home" things like honey, olive oil and even some mayonnaise in my hair because I was told that my hair was dry by a family member who is or is a retired hair dresser. Oh I also air dry... I used to blow dry and flat iron but now I air dry wear it natural for a bit then flat iron then wash.. repeat. Sometimes it's natural all the way til the next wash. Though I "pat" with a towel sometimes. Um.. I use a wide tooth comb to de-tangle it so I can put it into two braids.

Crumpet
October 7th, 2013, 06:37 PM
I like the huge bowl of fruit idea...can I count mac and cheese as for hair? Hey, there's protein in there!

Also -- love benign neglect. I've only been on LHC for a few months now so I'm still deep into my routines. I'm looking forward to chilling out more and benign neglecting. I do think its a great way to go!

Considering giving myself a mini scalp massage before donning my sleep cap...its been one of those days.

samanthajenalyn
October 7th, 2013, 06:52 PM
I just CO-washed my hair, and I'm trying so hard not to touch it as it dries, to see if it will be less frizzy. My hands are always on my hair!

Gumball
October 7th, 2013, 06:53 PM
I'm redoing my nautilus bun since I was outside earlier and my hair followed through with its threat to fuzz up. :silly:

Crumpet
October 8th, 2013, 05:02 AM
Morning lounge, still in my sleep cap...trying to motivate to oil my ends and braid up my hair for today and tomorrow...yawn!

Sylvestrix
October 8th, 2013, 05:03 AM
I like the huge bowl of fruit idea...can I count mac and cheese as for hair? Hey, there's protein in there!

Also -- love benign neglect. I've only been on LHC for a few months now so I'm still deep into my routines. I'm looking forward to chilling out more and benign neglecting. I do think its a great way to go!

Considering giving myself a mini scalp massage before donning my sleep cap...its been one of those days.

I'm going to say yes- Mac and cheese rocks, and gives you lots of energy for the tiring scalp massage ahead :o

Stray_mind
October 8th, 2013, 05:07 AM
I just put a tiny bit of coconut oil on my hair to keep the frizz away and put it in a peacock twist.

nobeltonya
October 8th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Letting it air dry loose. Took it out of a damp braided bun about an hour ago.. :disco:

Crumpet
October 8th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Sylvestrix -- great enablement. Thank you! I'm sure it was the mac & cheese that carried me through the last few minutes of the exhausting scalp massage. The things one must endure for ones hair...:rolleyes:

Wondrous Alice
October 8th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Right now, right now I'm letting it air dry...but I just got done with a hot oil treatment, co wash, and vinegar rinse. My first vinegar rinse though, I'm kind of worried my hair is going to smell like vinegar after it is dry. Even though I read so many places that the smell evaporates. *crosses fingers* Oh, btw, did I do something wrong or what? Because the vinegar water mix really burned my eyes, I even flipped my hair over and rinsed like that but when I put my hair up little drops would run down right into my eye and sting so fierce!! Any suggestions for that?

Crumpet
October 8th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Wondrous Alice -- how much did you dilute your vinegar? what kind did you use? I haven't had eye-stinging before, but I dilute mine quite heavily and I only use the 'with the mother' ACV type.

My hair now: still in its oiled braids and tucked away in its sleep cap early tonight. I have a long day ahead tomorrow. Thank goodness my hair will be pre-done!

Wondrous Alice
October 9th, 2013, 02:57 AM
Wondrous Alice -- how much did you dilute your vinegar? what kind did you use? I haven't had eye-stinging before, but I dilute mine quite heavily and I only use the 'with the mother' ACV type.

My hair now: still in its oiled braids and tucked away in its sleep cap early tonight. I have a long day ahead tomorrow. Thank goodness my hair will be pre-done!

Thanks for the reply Crumpet! I diluted a little more than half, more water than vinegar. I used heinz brand regular vinegar, next time I'll dilute it more...no one else can smell it but I still get a whiff of vinegar every now and then. :lol: My hair is feeling awesome though!

Coolcombination
October 9th, 2013, 03:22 AM
Mines in a sebumy lwb with my new hairstick, waiting for a wash

Stray_mind
October 9th, 2013, 05:51 AM
Just heated a cup of coconut oil in warm water, added 2 teaspoons of castor oil to that and now all of it sits on my hair and scalp wrapped up in warm towel waiting for beeing washed out.

Crumpet
October 9th, 2013, 07:12 AM
Just heated a cup of coconut oil in warm water, added 2 teaspoons of castor oil to that and now all of it sits on my hair and scalp wrapped up in warm towel waiting for beeing washed out.

Oooh, that sounds fab! I should try that sometime.

My hair is still up in its braids and bunned. I'm looking forward to wash day either tonight or tomorrow...okay, being realistic: tomorrow :)

Crumpet
October 17th, 2013, 08:54 PM
I'm marinating in an SMT with added EVOO and Avocado Oil, wrapped up in plastic and a buff.

I really hope no-one stops by my apartment tonight...

Tini'sNewHair
October 17th, 2013, 09:32 PM
I just did a crown type of braid at the front and im going to let it loose for the school run. I'm hoping that i can stretch the wash for one more day thanks to the olive oil soak i did two days ago which seems to be helping my hair with its dandruff control and overall greasiness.

battles
October 21st, 2013, 11:04 PM
A bit of Lush R&B, and up in my sleeping cap for the night.

BowTie
October 22nd, 2013, 11:07 AM
I just put some coconut oil in my ends. And now I'm wearing a shower cap with it. I'm going to leave it in for 2 hours, then put some conditioner in my ends,wait for 30 minutes and then wash it =)

Crumpet
October 22nd, 2013, 12:30 PM
I have a protein treatment on my head. It has to be the weirdest kitchen hair concoction I've made yet (and I've made a few).

http://pedaheh.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/gelatin-protein-treatment.html

The gelatin glooped a bit into chunks, so I'm not sure if I did it right or not. We'll see in a few hours after I wash this off and then wash of my SMT. Its going to be a LONG hair day today!

Henrietta
October 22nd, 2013, 01:08 PM
I have a protein treatment on my head. It has to be the weirdest kitchen hair concoction I've made yet (and I've made a few).

http://pedaheh.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/gelatin-protein-treatment.html

The gelatin glooped a bit into chunks, so I'm not sure if I did it right or now. We'll wee in a few hours after I wash this off and then wash of my SMT. Its going to be a LONG hair day today!

Long hair days are so awesome! :) Like spa, but for hair ;)

I'm putting organic sunflower oil on my ends :) They seem to like it.

Anje
October 22nd, 2013, 03:34 PM
I'm leaving mine alone, up in its bun. Even though I'd like to take it down and wear it loose. :P

Crumpet
October 22nd, 2013, 08:10 PM
Hair spa complete. It was kind of awesome. Now its snugged up in its sleep cap, ready for bed.

Naiadryade
October 22nd, 2013, 09:44 PM
This is what I just finished:

1. Last night, I heavily oiled my hair with EVOO/rice bran oil/essential oils mix on the length and castor oil/EVOO/essential oils mix on the scalp (massaged in of course).
2. This afternoon, I steeped catnip tea and hibiscus/rosemary tea. Then after a few hours I blended the hibiscus/rosemary tea with an overripe avocado, a little more EVOO, and a splash of low-sodium soy sauce for protein.
3. I moistened my hair with my mister bottle (which contains earlier versions of the above teas, aloe juice, and essential oils), then smothered it in the avocado protein treatment I had made. Bun up top, wrapped in plastic and then a towel for a little over an hour.
4. I rinsed it out well, then washed with diluted Shea Moisture Moisture Retention Shampoo.
5. I soaked my hair in the catnip tea, and then put it back up in a bun on top of my head and wrapped it in plastic and a towel again. I took it down out of the plastic and bun after an hour, but left it on my hair for another couple of hours after that... got caught up in a movie ;)
6. I rinsed well, then conditioned with Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque. I kept this on my hair for 10 or 15 minutes while I did other shower things, then rinsed with cold water.
7. Now it's air-drying!

Gosh, this kind of thing takes a really long time. :p

Edit: Update! When my hair was almost dry, I finished it all off with a few drops of my olive oil/rice bran oil/EO's mix. Now it's dry and easily detangled, and it's soft, shiny, strong, and feels better than it has in weeks. WIN!

WilfredAllen
October 22nd, 2013, 10:42 PM
Greenhouse method moisturizing treatment *droool*

Rio040113
October 22nd, 2013, 11:28 PM
Not right now but later my hair/scalp will be getting its second ever castor oil mix* massage/overnight soak :)

*castor oil, coconut oil and avocado oil

vindo
October 23rd, 2013, 06:01 AM
Mine is stuck in a hat right now because my son is fussy and won't let me do anything to it.

Crumpet
October 23rd, 2013, 08:34 AM
Not right now but later my hair/scalp will be getting its second ever castor oil mix* massage/overnight soak :)

*castor oil, coconut oil and avocado oil

How do you like the castor oil? I've never used it on hair and I've been pondering...

Marika
October 23rd, 2013, 10:07 AM
I just CO washed my hair and now it's down until almost dry. Then I'll probably bun it (nautilus bun). I think I'm going to add some monoi oil to my ends before bunning...

shola-faye
October 24th, 2013, 05:31 PM
Washed my fringe in the sink as it was plastered to my head after the gym lol put the rest in a loose crown braid to sleep in

raej
October 24th, 2013, 09:16 PM
Just sitting here with my hair in a dorky satin night cap!

AmyBeth
October 24th, 2013, 11:30 PM
My hair is in hairsticks right now, and it is oily because I overconditioned and under washed and then put cocoa butter in it. So it looks like a greasy mess, but it is happy! That is almost always the way my hair looks. I have no shame when it comes to keeping my hair happy.

Rio040113
October 25th, 2013, 12:39 AM
How do you like the castor oil? I've never used it on hair and I've been pondering...

Sorry for the late reply!

I'm using the castor oil to try and help fill in my thinned areas (trich) so I can't really comment too much on it yet. My length felt amazing after I washed it out as I did coat my hair down to the ends but as it's a mix I'd be cautious about praising the castor oil as the sole reason. I'd recommend trying it, definitely, but you will want to dilute it, it's pretty thick like EVOO except it has a slightly sticky quality and can be a touch hard to spread! I hope you have some luck with it, if you try it :)

Crumpet
October 25th, 2013, 03:56 AM
Sorry for the late reply!

I'm using the castor oil to try and help fill in my thinned areas (trich) so I can't really comment too much on it yet. My length felt amazing after I washed it out as I did coat my hair down to the ends but as it's a mix I'd be cautious about praising the castor oil as the sole reason. I'd recommend trying it, definitely, but you will want to dilute it, it's pretty thick like EVOO except it has a slightly sticky quality and can be a touch hard to spread! I hope you have some luck with it, if you try it :)

Interesting. I've heard some people have good luck with it helping with thinned areas. It will be a while before I try it as I've tried a few new things of late and I don't want to get too hair crazy!

I'm rolling around in my sating sleep cap. My hair has been getting a lot of that lately!

sarahthegemini
October 25th, 2013, 08:17 AM
I've just spritzed my hair with a bit of water and smoothed in some conditioner. Hoping it gives my hair the little pick-me-up it needs. Although I don't usually get good results from just dampening my hair (it gets stringy) so I'm not too optimistic :p

Rio040113
October 25th, 2013, 01:38 PM
Interesting. I've heard some people have good luck with it helping with thinned areas. It will be a while before I try it as I've tried a few new things of late and I don't want to get too hair crazy!

I'm rolling around in my sating sleep cap. My hair has been getting a lot of that lately!

Same here, I'm cautiously hopeful :) Haha, I know what you mean :p

merrow
October 25th, 2013, 02:48 PM
I've been lightly oiling my hair and putting it in a french braid to keep it soft and prevent my hair from breaking/forming split ends. So far so good!

nakima
October 26th, 2013, 01:47 PM
trying not to blow dry, I have been useing cool setting for abt 15 years but trying to get away from that a little as well, keeping it braided as much as possible,not washing every day and not brushing while wet, oh and drinking green drinks with protein whew!!!

FireFromWithin
October 26th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Today I had the ends dyed blue and I'm about to put in some straw curls to set overnight for a crazy hairstyle tomorrow.

Nadine <3
October 26th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Waiting for my hair to dry and trying not to touch it. Just did a CO wash. My hair smelled like camp fire and my bangs where full of sweat. Gross.

ositarosita
October 27th, 2013, 11:06 AM
scalp oiling.. while I moisturise and seal my ends ... with a deep conditioner

Johannah
October 27th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Updoooo :o

WilfredAllen
October 27th, 2013, 11:27 AM
deep catnip soak :)

Tail Feathers
October 27th, 2013, 03:50 PM
it is right now drinking in coconut and olive oils, while resting in a braid overnight...

shola-faye
October 27th, 2013, 04:26 PM
Just oiled my ends and canopy with coconut oil, I put a couple curlformers in to form tendrils for my updo tomorrow

Rio040113
October 27th, 2013, 04:34 PM
Letting it sit loose over one shoulder at the minute, I have an evil migraine and can't even bring myself to attempt an updo yet :shudder:

Crumpet
October 28th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Letting it sit loose over one shoulder at the minute, I have an evil migraine and can't even bring myself to attempt an updo yet :shudder:

Migraines are evil. I always do a loose braid or sleep cap when I have them. Ugh...

TiaKitty
October 28th, 2013, 10:27 AM
Migraine here, too... sorry. I am practicing benign neglect.

Rio040113
October 28th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Migraines are evil. I always do a loose braid or sleep cap when I have them. Ugh...

They are :( That's exactly what I ended up doing, loose single english braid inside my sleep cap!

Migraine here, too... sorry. I am practicing benign neglect.

:( That sucks! Hope you feel better soon :)

vanillabones
October 28th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Right now I have a side braid. I really need to start practicing my braiding and my hair is sick of being in a high bun/scrunchie/cinnabun. I'm embarrassed to be such a bad braider at BSL! I only can do a simple English braid and my extremely fine hair is hard to section. Also on a side note my hair refuses to make braid waves even after a braid in for 2 days.

DweamGoiL
October 28th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Being more adamant about taking my vitamins in the morning, eating better, and drinking lots more water.

bananahanna
October 28th, 2013, 03:56 PM
leaving it alone in double Dutch braids. I can't stop playing with it while it is down. trying to do benign neglect.

Crumpet
October 28th, 2013, 07:44 PM
PROTEIN frenzy today. I just coconut oiled the ends and I'm about to take my daily vitamins. These are general vitamins (doc approved), but because I'm hair-vain, that's what motivates me to take them :)

Applegirl84
October 28th, 2013, 09:17 PM
Just brushed my hair well with my bbb and put it in a braid for the night.

wildkratt
October 28th, 2013, 09:32 PM
Just completed day 2 of not washing my hair. Plus, I'm massaging my scalp now. ;)

shola-faye
October 29th, 2013, 01:02 PM
divided my almost dry hair into 5 Bantu knots, hoping it'll look nice in an up-do tomorrow.

Nanna
October 29th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Not touching it. Not touching... No..!

sarahthegemini
October 29th, 2013, 04:12 PM
Letting it marinate in its own greasyness. Eww. Can't wait to wash it tomorrow.

Crumpet
October 29th, 2013, 06:56 PM
Prepping for a scalp massage...taking care of my hair is sooooo painful :)

duchess67
October 31st, 2013, 05:44 AM
Started using essential oils to stop hair loss and to regain hair growth. Found Jesse58 and Meg Evanstar's recipe here on LHC. Hope this mixture of oils helps me like it helped other ladies. Keeping my fingers crossed.

freesia
October 31st, 2013, 06:06 AM
Applied coconut oil on the length, and keeping it in a lazy wrap bun. Today is washing day (after 4 days)

verenikiscoma
October 31st, 2013, 07:19 AM
Just like freesia, I got coconut oil on my lengths and braided it loosely. Washing later on...

patienceneeded
October 31st, 2013, 11:20 AM
Well, as it is Halloween today and I am dressed as a zombie I decided to go out in public with overly oiled hair. Very messy braid, my overgrown fringe hanging in my face and the lovely greasy hair. I'm considering it an all-day oil treatment.

BrightEyes
October 31st, 2013, 11:27 AM
I just did a deep treatment. Now my hair is air drying and feels very soft and silky.

ShieldMayden
October 31st, 2013, 12:40 PM
Letting natural oils do their work before I wash it and avoiding styling or doing anything with it as I'm ill and at home half dead on the couch.

shola-faye
October 31st, 2013, 03:12 PM
Deep conditioning with cling film wrapped around my head and a turban :D Then i'm going to try a new leave in and air dry loose

Crumpet
October 31st, 2013, 03:13 PM
Letting natural oils do their work before I wash it and avoiding styling or doing anything with it as I'm ill and at home half dead on the couch.

Me too! I'm in my sleep cap in bed. I may add some coconut oil to the unwashed mix if I get the energies. Moans!

vanillabones
October 31st, 2013, 03:14 PM
Detangled, oiled, and side braided right now :D I really have to start giving it more care.

ShieldMayden
October 31st, 2013, 04:31 PM
Me too! I'm in my sleep cap in bed. I may add some coconut oil to the unwashed mix if I get the energies. Moans!

Ugh... get well soon!!! <3
I did just take a bath that seems to help, put some macademia oil on my ends (that helps and prevents splitting) after washing with V05 strawberry shampoo and conditioner. I'll probably pop in Lord of the Rings now in the BluRay player and make some tea and stay half dead on the couch until hair dries as I do not want to brush it wet.

Eichan
October 31st, 2013, 04:38 PM
SO with SMP 2x daily.

Multivitamin. JUST for my hair XD

Cod Liver Oil (since I usually don't get a lot of healthy fats)

Henrietta
February 22nd, 2017, 09:43 AM
I'm going to apply a moisturising and exfoliating scalp treatment gel in a second. Oh, and oil on the length! And then it's wash time! :happydance:

VersLaLumière
February 22nd, 2017, 11:29 AM
This week I deep conditioned twice, and did a gentle clarify and some extra oiling in between. My ends were looking drier, which seemed to emphasize my growing out layers and make them look more unkempt. In the past I would have just trimmed a little bit, but after that extra attention it's improved now, smoothed out and not dry at all. Committed to no trimming until June at least, maybe even until the end of the year.

Mrstran
February 22nd, 2017, 11:51 AM
Lightly soaking my strands in coconut oil in my three day long pre-wash prep. I've got an oil mix to add to my roots later.

hayheadsbird
February 22nd, 2017, 01:38 PM
Right now? About to take the microfibres towel off and let it air dry.

Henrietta
February 23rd, 2017, 01:33 PM
Napping on it, Flexi8 and all. Because I never nap during the day... Unless I do.
As a side note, I can recommend neck/travel pillows for the moments when you have your hair in a bun, don't feel like taking it down, but still want to lie down for a bit to read or anything. I always put the bun into the "hole" in a travel pillow. Tell me I'm genius :D

Alissalocks
February 23rd, 2017, 02:51 PM
A rare scalp oil massage day, helps to lift the leftover purple and blue from the manic panic & pravana earlier this week, and soaking it from follicle to tips all day. I almost never oil my scalp... maybe a couple times a year? Tomorrow will be deep conditioner daytime and then CWC.

Having roots to constantly color just means more growth, so I can't complain too much. :p

likelikepenny
February 23rd, 2017, 04:11 PM
Just finished oiling and washing my hair.

Aidin
February 23rd, 2017, 07:41 PM
Just finished co-washing and styling my hair

MoonRabbit
February 24th, 2017, 04:20 PM
3 hours into air drying and still another few hours to go. But it's going to feel so clean and soft tomorrow :o

Lauraes
February 25th, 2017, 12:24 PM
I currently have my hair saturated in coconut oil under a shower cap. Then, it'll be wash and deep conditioner time. :D

Ligeia Noire
February 25th, 2017, 12:46 PM
finished braiding it and put it up with claw clips.

reilly0167
February 25th, 2017, 02:21 PM
Lightening my roots for henna root job tomorrow. Its that time again, teehee, hair weekend:)

Pamberpestana
February 25th, 2017, 02:32 PM
I'm trying to practice benign neglect.
It's hard.
Haha

WeirdCatEars
February 25th, 2017, 03:00 PM
Tell me I'm genius :D

You actually are! I use a travel pillow with a bun all the time but it's one of those without the hole that are just really squishy, but had never thought of that one. Great minds think alike I guess :D

phoenixred
February 25th, 2017, 03:23 PM
I've just plaited my hair for bed, for the first time ever! It's only just passed my shoulders,but it gets so tangled during the night. I haven't had a plaid in my hair since my Mum did it for me as a little girl ��

phoenixred
February 25th, 2017, 03:25 PM
finished braiding it and put it up with claw clips.

Are the claw clips not uncomfortable in bed?

phoenixred
February 25th, 2017, 03:28 PM
A rare scalp oil massage day, helps to lift the leftover purple and blue from the manic panic & pravana earlier this week, and soaking it from follicle to tips all day. I almost never oil my scalp... maybe a couple times a year? Tomorrow will be deep conditioner daytime and then CWC.

Having roots to constantly color just means more growth, so I can't complain too much. :p

I bet your hair looks beautiful in those colours! I miss my purple hair ��

Hairkay
February 25th, 2017, 03:30 PM
Absolutely nothing. It's already braided/plaited and I'm wearing a satin bonnet because it's bed time.

Aredhel
February 25th, 2017, 06:10 PM
Just threw my hair up into a bun because my freshly washed dry hair is tickling the crap out of me!

Katia_k
February 25th, 2017, 06:34 PM
Currently, brewing up a cup of rooibos for a week of tea-spritzing ala the thread that's here...somewhere. More big picture, just bought a cowash for the first time in two years. Gonna give that a try, since I've never done so without silicones (didn't know better the first time), and see if it helps with my dryness, or if my low porosity gonna get me again.

But I really love buying hair products....PJ syndrom getting baaaad.

Henrietta
February 26th, 2017, 02:31 AM
I'm waiting for a monthly length shot! :)

_fred_
February 26th, 2017, 03:38 AM
I just put it back with a folded satin scarf to go running, just to see if it would stop it blowing about, and it worked! Now I'm doing nothing to it, but I might put the scarf back to go out to the shops later, it's a bit windy today.

reilly0167
February 26th, 2017, 08:19 AM
Sitting here with full henna on roots, then will be glossing the lengths the last hour and a half of this session:)

JillRenee
February 26th, 2017, 08:24 AM
Nothing right now. My hair is taking a rest in a top knot bun while I do my chores.

vampyyri
February 27th, 2017, 01:15 PM
It's sitting with a whole lot of oil that I accidentally put into it... didn't gauge the amount correctly.

likelikepenny
February 27th, 2017, 02:06 PM
Laying down my wispies with a scarf

Messyhair
February 27th, 2017, 06:04 PM
Giving my scalp a good scritch and reading this site's info!

omgitssarah
February 28th, 2017, 12:29 AM
I'm not doing this right this very moment, but tomorrow's plan is a clarifying wash, nice conditioning session, then air-drying and braiding.

Doom
February 28th, 2017, 08:22 AM
Right now, nothing. Two days ago I trimmed back an inch to make my hemline more blunt.

likelikepenny
February 28th, 2017, 09:34 AM
I'm about to do a catnip deep conditioning treatment.

My ends are still going strong but I'd like to keep splits to a minimum. Also on the plus side, it always gives me great shine.

Henrietta
March 1st, 2017, 08:24 AM
I've just eaten a nice big chunk of cheddar that was left after yesterday's dinner.
:cheese: :gobblecheese:

likelikepenny
March 1st, 2017, 08:40 AM
Another catnip treatment.

proo
March 1st, 2017, 07:34 PM
Microdusting

Lauraes
March 3rd, 2017, 10:50 AM
Soaking in olive oil (currently out of coconut oil) as a pre-wash treatment for another ten minutes, then it's off to CWC and deep condition. :love:

Noortje
March 3rd, 2017, 01:31 PM
Hanging out in my pj's with freshly washed, and slightly damp, hair. My hair scissors are next to me -I can't help finding the odd spilt end that I just HAVE to snip of... This is what maker my DH go insane if I wear it loose in the car, the constant hunt for the mutanous ends :o (*cough* I might even bite one off if I've forgotten my scissors :whistle:)

CayAsh
March 4th, 2017, 08:29 AM
Sitting here in my shower cap with a shea moisture masque on my hair, my roommates probably think I'm nuts but at least my hair smells lovely!

Aredhel
March 4th, 2017, 08:31 AM
Been doing a coconut oil pre-wash soak in my hair overnight. Will be shampooing shortly. :)

vampyyri
March 4th, 2017, 09:26 AM
Have a good amount of nightblooming oil (sunflower, avocado, rose hip, hemp, jojoba) in my hair from last night as a prepoo treatment since today's wash day :D

zuzannaa.aaa
March 4th, 2017, 12:02 PM
Giving myself a scalp massage with a little bit of warm coconut oil and then will be going on a S&D mission!

Complexity
March 4th, 2017, 01:30 PM
Um, I put it up; does that count?

lapushka
March 4th, 2017, 03:17 PM
Up for the last time for the week. Tomorrow is wash day. Yes, "wild mane" you're going to have a bath tomorrow. :lol:

Lauraes
March 8th, 2017, 08:27 AM
Letting it soak in coconut oil. Soon it will be time for a wash and a deep treatment!

Llama
March 8th, 2017, 11:34 AM
I have The Innate Life herbal mask in my hair right now- just on the lengths. I also have their scalp treatment on just my scalp. (I got the "long hair bundle" for Christmas from my bf...I have been loving the scalp treatment since I got it but this is my first time trying the herbal mask.)

The mask felt kinda gross going on...seemed like it should be going on wet hair but the instructions said it could be used on dry hair so that's what it did.

I'll edit this post with my thoughts after I wash it out. :)

ETA:
Didn't turn out well because I opted to use my sulfate free/organic shampoo to wash it out and it just wasn't strong enough. I hate it when my hair dries all greasy looking so I had to rewash it. My hair felt fine after the second wash but I feel like all that washing ruined any benefits I would have gotten otherwise. Oh well, I will try it again with a better shampoo next time.

ArienEllariel
March 8th, 2017, 01:20 PM
Hot oil treatment with olive oil as I currently don't have any coconut oil. Trying to figure out what I can do about all this damage from hard water. Sigh

Kikyou
March 8th, 2017, 01:37 PM
Up in a bun now, I'm streching the wash since I'm not working tomorrow. Normally I wash it every 2nd/3rd day, when I'm off I try to do it on 4th day. I'll do an oil soak overnight, haven't done it for a while. Coconut on scalp, walnut on lenght.

genuinewicked
March 8th, 2017, 06:49 PM
I've got a coconut oil hair treatment on and I'm going to leave that overnight. It's currently down in a braid but before bed I'm going to try to put it up with a scarf. (We'll see how that goes!) Then tomorrow I will wash my hair and let it air dry.

likelikepenny
March 8th, 2017, 07:06 PM
I've got a coconut oil hair treatment on and I'm going to leave that overnight. It's currently down in a braid but before bed I'm going to try to put it up with a scarf. (We'll see how that goes!) Then tomorrow I will wash my hair and let it air dry.

You may want to put a towel down so it doesn't dirty your pillowcases.

abribun
March 8th, 2017, 07:22 PM
I washed my hair today so I have it in two braids with a little bit of olive oil in the ends. Before I washed it this morning I tried the inversion method, so hopefully I'll see some growth from it once I do it for the rest of the week!

marvel-lover
March 8th, 2017, 07:24 PM
My hair is in a loose bun for bed right now. This week I'm stretching the wash for all 7 days, which is exciting! Day 4 completed and still looking decent

Saldana
March 8th, 2017, 07:52 PM
What am I doing to/for my hair right now?

.......absolutely nothing. It's messy clipped to the top of my head with a giant plastic claw clip....and if it knows what's good for it, it will gratefully allow itself to be combed with a minimum of hassle in about two hours, and put to bed.

That is all.

pandabarrier
March 8th, 2017, 08:35 PM
Air drying the hair from the scalp wash. I braided the length and washed the scalp with diluted shampoo. While I was holding the braid and rinsing the scalp, my slippery hair gradually inevitably broke free from the braid and got wet too.

Lauraes
March 11th, 2017, 11:38 AM
Letting my hair dry after a wash.

vpatt
March 11th, 2017, 12:55 PM
Drying my hair after washing.....I used conditioner on the ends, diluted shampoo on the scalp and followed with Shea Moisture Smoothie. The shampoo and conditioner were both Shea Moisture, too.

Lauraes
March 12th, 2017, 07:28 AM
Am letting my hair soak in a heavy coconut oil oiling right now.

pandabarrier
March 12th, 2017, 08:29 AM
S&D. I didn't find many split ends, but I found some crinkled hair strands around my temples. I think they got damaged by my frequent use of bobby pins (trying to tame the fly-away hairs around the temples).

Garnetgem
March 12th, 2017, 11:02 AM
Been doing S&D not done for around 6 months so was due to do so..not found that many really but will keep check for any possible new ones!

abribun
March 12th, 2017, 01:26 PM
Currenty soaking the ends in olive oil, put into double dutch braids!

Dark40
March 12th, 2017, 04:29 PM
Right now I've just finished washing and deep conditioning my hair 4 hours ago. I've shampooed with my Pantene Pro-V Moisture Balance Fusion and deep conditioned with ORS Replenishing Conditioner. Let it set in hair for 15 minutes without any heat. Now, I've got it hanging loose letting it air dry up to 100%. Then, I'm going to blow dry, oil it, and put it in a bun.

Aidin
March 12th, 2017, 09:09 PM
I deep conditioned with olive oil and washed my hair 5h ago, and now I am trying to move my head as little as possible so my curls dry out with minimal frizz... very difficult with a 6 month old puppy :o

vpatt
March 13th, 2017, 02:01 PM
I've been practicing a French rope braid or is it a rope French braid. Either way I need more practice!!

Well, oops, if you only meant washing or treatments. Sorry, lol.

ArienEllariel
March 17th, 2017, 12:22 PM
Yesterday I did a mask my sister picked up from Sally's but while it felt tolerably nice after, it still wasn't moisturizing enough. Today I woke up to tangly dry mess again so I plopped mayo on my head after watching TorrinPaige's youtube video on it. Figured, eh, I have it on hand and I've put worse in my hair before so why not. Will attempt to report back once it's washed out and dried.

Edit: Not dry yet but let me just say that detangling post shower was a breeze. :)

vampyyri
March 17th, 2017, 12:27 PM
It's sitting with a whole lot of oil that I accidentally put into it... didn't gauge the amount correctly.

^ this again... only I've had the oil in my hair for four days now :lol:

TatsuOni
March 18th, 2017, 03:37 AM
A little bit of S&D before combing and bunning it.

ArienEllariel
March 18th, 2017, 11:52 AM
Hair dried and honestly didn't look fabulous but it was certainly softer. I know I need to trim it, that's some of it.

lithostoic
March 18th, 2017, 12:07 PM
Benign neglect.

Bluecardigan
March 18th, 2017, 12:25 PM
Trying to make it grow faster with willpower and by staring at it.

soothsayer
March 18th, 2017, 04:05 PM
Not washing, keeping it out of my face with a terry cloth headband, and letting an oil treatment soak in.

Simsy
March 18th, 2017, 10:19 PM
Waiting...waiting...waiting on hair...I washed it this morning and now I'm waiting for it to dry.

Lauraes
March 19th, 2017, 09:32 AM
Letting it soak in coconut oil before I wash and do a DT.

likelikepenny
March 19th, 2017, 10:43 AM
Plopping until I can put it in a bun

Henrietta
March 21st, 2017, 03:35 AM
Letting it sit in a caterpillar braid, my standard sleeping style. And I'm trying to decide on an updo for today :)

Aredhel
March 21st, 2017, 04:13 AM
Just put some coconut oil on my ends last night, they were looking a little ragged and dry.

likelikepenny
March 21st, 2017, 04:26 AM
Caressing my hair since I had such a bad hair dream last night.

littlemissla
March 21st, 2017, 04:49 AM
I just sprayed some of my diy leave in conditioner spray. I made it using Head and Shoulders almond oil conditioner and mixed it with water in a spray bottle. While I mention it I'm wondering would anyone know how do I know if the conditioner is silicone and sulphate free and all that jazz? I bought ACV to do a rinse (I bought all natural shampoo and conditioner from the body shop to try stop using supermarket shampoo and conditioner) and I'm scared that I'm defeating the purpose of stripping all those chemicals by using my DIY conditioner? :(

mizukitty
March 21st, 2017, 07:51 AM
Benign neglect all the way, just keeping it in a low bun. Prevents nape tangles VERY well, so I've drastically reduced the amount of breakage and split ends there (woo!)

kikuhoshi
March 21st, 2017, 11:31 AM
This topic just reminded me to switch my braid from a low sleep-style into my higher daytime ponytail. I also still have a bit of oil in my hair from earlier, which probably means that I technically used too much (curse you, super-fine hair!), but my hair was feeling really dry thanks to being washes/midweek, so hey. :) Now, I'm going to pretty much forget my hair exists until tonight, & wait impatiently until wash day, since I have a new pre-poo to try for my dandruff. :)

never.eden
March 22nd, 2017, 06:31 AM
Just washed and did an oil treatment before, now waiting for it to dry. Then I'll probably throw it in a bun with a scrunchie, it gives my waves more structure when I take it down!

reilly0167
March 25th, 2017, 09:03 AM
Henna glossing right now,I mixed it with shea moisture deep conditioning masque. It mixed beautifully, no curdling, gloppy or drippy. Just freshening it up a bit between full root jobs:D

Savvyhorsez
March 25th, 2017, 09:04 AM
I am about to wash it right now. :)

MoonRabbit
March 25th, 2017, 01:19 PM
Treating it with yogurt and coconut milk.

Aredhel
March 25th, 2017, 01:42 PM
Today was wash day, now I have it loose to relax my scalp a bit. :)

hayheadsbird
March 25th, 2017, 01:49 PM
Trying a bit of oil on the ends overnight before washing it in the morning. Normally on do a couple of drops on the ends when damp, so this is a new experiment!

Tawny1992
March 25th, 2017, 04:40 PM
Just took my vitamins and I'm soaking my ends in argan oil :)

Mrstran
March 26th, 2017, 11:46 AM
FINALLY worked up the courage to wash with some much needed clarifying shampoo. It went well! A girl on here directed me to a video on poo washing that helped sooo much. After I continued as normal. Co washed two times, the second time with hot oil treatment mixed in and capped, couldn't get the oil out of my hair... :brickwall: Had to use a quick swipe of hubby's shampoo, co wash again, and now I'm sitting in a hair mask. A ton of avoidable steps If I hadn't been so impatient with the oil. Ugh.

Lauraes
March 26th, 2017, 12:02 PM
Letting my hair soak in coconut oil for an hour, then it'll be CO wash time. :)

reilly0167
April 2nd, 2017, 09:34 AM
Did a oil rinse today, this time less oil:D

Aredhel
April 8th, 2017, 02:48 PM
Did an overnight coconut oil treatment in my lengths only, CWC an hour ago, and now I'm air drying. :) Will add oil to the ends shortly when they've dried a little more.

Hairkay
April 8th, 2017, 03:25 PM
Right this moment, nothing. It's best left alone. It's in a style that'll keep tangles at bay and it's up and out of my face.

Ophidian
April 8th, 2017, 07:12 PM
Air drying after an herb wash with coconut oil and then Nightblooming Ostara layered on the ends.

dansyl
April 8th, 2017, 08:23 PM
It's hanging out in a disc bun (as usual) until it falls out while I'm sleeping. (as usual)

longhair&docare
April 9th, 2017, 12:16 AM
Just put it into braids for sleeping!

Natashap
April 9th, 2017, 01:32 AM
Letting it stay in a bun.

Kat-Rinnè Naido
April 9th, 2017, 01:57 AM
Took hair measurements this morning.
Did a clarifying wash.
Now waiting for it to dry.

dansyl
April 9th, 2017, 12:07 PM
Doing a pre poo oiling with my hair growth oil i got from copperlites! :happydance:

frolickingfairy
April 9th, 2017, 12:38 PM
Thinking what on earth to do with my dark brown dyed hair. Had dreams of going blonde but realistically that's not going to happen:(

_flora_
April 9th, 2017, 12:42 PM
I'm trying evening-primrose oil, with sweet almond oil and a little bit of apricot oil. I'll wash my hair tomorrow. I'm also in split ends alert, with my scissors next to me.

pandabarrier
April 9th, 2017, 01:10 PM
Air-drying after a clarifying wash. Did rosemary and thyme tea rinse after the shampoo and before the last C, the scalp feels good.

Rebel Rebel
April 9th, 2017, 02:04 PM
It's a lazy Sunday and I'm going to hang out in my silk cap all day! I've actually been doing this a lot rather than braiding or clipping my hair up. It feels even more protective to me. Obviously not my best look for going out and about though.

mousehouse
April 10th, 2017, 09:12 PM
I've got avocado oil in mine and earlier today I bought some hair masks. For the longest time I thought that masks/oils were pointless because you can't fix hair that's damaged... but after 5 years with little progress and seeing everybody else's results on LHC, I guess it's time to try. haha.

Natashap
April 11th, 2017, 01:26 AM
Very sad to see my scalp more than hair.It breaks you as i had thickest hair in teens .

Hormonal havoc can deplete hair .I have extreme stress and my hair is having hard time.

Trying to wash it less often.Once a week,but if start Rogaine might have to go back to once in 2 days.

shaiyeh
April 11th, 2017, 02:34 AM
Right now, I only have it braided, but will do a coconut oil mask later before washing my hair. Yesterday I put argan oil in it, which has now soaked in nicely ^^

Aunty Miki
April 11th, 2017, 09:37 AM
Trying to get H&S to work for me, again. I might have used it too long. Dunno, but I am trying different kinds to see if taking a break from medicated will work. I dread having to resort to daily washes.

Groovy Granny
April 11th, 2017, 11:25 AM
LWB with a spiral carved wood rose stick (avatar)

Garnetgem
April 11th, 2017, 12:47 PM
Getting paint out of it but lucky for me i had put coconut oil in my hair the night before..it seems it prevents it sticking to much!

Aliya12
April 12th, 2017, 03:21 AM
I want to dye my hair but it's too week for some light color :((

KTM
April 12th, 2017, 04:53 AM
I'm relaxing in a braid after some scalp massage and coconut oil.

Mlarmour
April 12th, 2017, 05:57 AM
I've just washed out a coconut oil, castor oil and lavender essential oil mix that was on my scalp and a deep conditioning treatment that was on my length. I had it on over night under cling film - I don't like sleeping in my shower cap as it digs into my skin and always comes off. Just got to wait for it to dry now.

Henrietta
April 12th, 2017, 06:55 AM
It's sitting in a crown braid still, but I'm going to wash it in a moment. It's a deep treatment day today (as opposed to an oil day) but I'm not sure if my hair likes the current DT. It might have too much protein. I'll see, today is its last chance to work well. If it doesn't, I'll stop giving it more chances.

lithostoic
April 13th, 2017, 08:57 AM
Benign neglect, as usual :P Tonight/tomorrow morning is wash day. This is my 2nd or 3rd week of stretching washes to 7 days.

Dark40
April 14th, 2017, 01:23 PM
Right now I'm just keeping my hair clean by shampooing it 3 times a week, and deep conditioning twice a week.

Henrietta
April 14th, 2017, 01:54 PM
I'm waiting for it to dry after a wash! :)

dollhair
April 14th, 2017, 02:07 PM
Mine is sitting in a nice oily braid and I'm trying to restretch my hair washes to every 4 days again :)

pandabarrier
April 14th, 2017, 05:27 PM
Benign neglect. Drying hair with turbie twists after wash. No pre-poo, just straight CWC. Tried to use sulphate free shampoo again, we'll see how my scalp behaves.

Aredhel
April 14th, 2017, 06:50 PM
Hair's in a bun but my ends are soaking in coconut oil for wash day tomorrow. :)

Babetriz
April 14th, 2017, 07:53 PM
Soaking in henna. A couple of friends came over and laughed at me as I put it on, but one of them helped me wrap my head in saran wrap bc she's used to helping her mum with it too. Its amazing how much nicer the wrap is just because someone else did it.

Natashap
April 15th, 2017, 02:22 AM
Have family over so my hair gets a break!!

no touching ...as my hair feels soft.....ewwwww

TatsuOni
April 15th, 2017, 02:25 AM
A little bit of S&D before combing, brushing and bunning it.

Kat-Rinnè Naido
April 15th, 2017, 04:33 AM
Soaking in henna. A couple of friends came over and laughed at me as I put it on, but one of them helped me wrap my head in saran wrap bc she's used to helping her mum with it too. Its amazing how much nicer the wrap is just because someone else did it.

These little things matter it is so encouraging when someone else cares with you

Treating my hair to a coconut milk and honey DT.

Aunty Miki
April 15th, 2017, 07:26 PM
Still trying new things for my oily canopy but dry length. Next up is a shampoo for oily hair (for scalp wash only) and a conditioner for dry hair, only for the length. Something's gotta give🤔

Reyn127
April 15th, 2017, 09:47 PM
I finally dampened and oiled my poor dry ends after a few weeks of neglect. My hair has been up in a bun all day, but here's to hoping that it's looking/feeling better once it comes down!

Kat-Rinnè Naido
April 16th, 2017, 12:05 AM
I have my hair in a bun and my head on a satin pillow as I read.

reilly0167
April 16th, 2017, 04:28 AM
Working 7 days straight, so no time for Sunday wash day, so i lightly oil with avocado oil, castor oil and Shea butter mix I made. So today I just have two braided pig tails and a sun hat. I look like Anne Shirley of Anne if green gables, teehee. Now off to make magic at the kingdom.

TatsuOni
April 16th, 2017, 04:29 AM
Braiding it.

Aredhel
April 16th, 2017, 10:11 AM
Braided loosely since I only washed yesterday. :)

likelikepenny
April 16th, 2017, 10:45 AM
In loose buns, waiting for it to dry.

Kat-Rinnè Naido
April 16th, 2017, 11:02 AM
Spritz my ends with a little water, lightly oiled my ends in avocado oil. Gave my scalp a little massage and tucked all my hair under my sleep bonnet for the night.

rouxlala
April 17th, 2017, 11:16 AM
Another catnip treatment.

Okay, what is this? I've never heard of it!

rouxlala
April 17th, 2017, 11:18 AM
Microdusting

Also, what is this?

I'm sorry - I can't figure out how to multi-quote in one post!

rouxlala
April 17th, 2017, 11:22 AM
Henna glossing right now,I mixed it with shea moisture deep conditioning masque. It mixed beautifully, no curdling, gloppy or drippy. Just freshening it up a bit between full root jobs:D

I henna and also use shea moisture deep conditioning masque.. how do you make the gloss/ apply it/ how long do you leave it in/etc? I need a henna mentor! I'm new to it. lol

Fia
April 18th, 2017, 03:43 AM
Also, what is this?

I'm sorry - I can't figure out how to multi-quote in one post!

Microtrim or dusting is when just enough hair is cut off to leave a dusting on the floor. In other words, you cut just the very ends of the hairs to even up the hemline.

likelikepenny
April 18th, 2017, 07:20 AM
Okay, what is this? I've never heard of it!

A catnip tea (the things cats go crazy over) helps prevent split ends. Here's the thread on it: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=476

rouxlala
April 18th, 2017, 07:36 AM
Thank you, guys!

Henrietta
April 18th, 2017, 01:47 PM
I've just washed it, applied a scalp moisturising treatment and silicone serum (for my ends), now I'm waiting for it to dry.

hayheadsbird
April 19th, 2017, 03:50 PM
Ready for bed with rag curls in to see how well it works for me.

Sarahlabyrinth
April 19th, 2017, 03:53 PM
Trying Torrin's not quite pin curls.

Mrstran
April 19th, 2017, 03:57 PM
Just ran some coconut oil through my hair. For some reason each time I do this, I feel a sense of relief when I'm done.

Ophidian
April 19th, 2017, 04:39 PM
I'm doing a light coconut oiling in preparation for an herb wash tonight. I love wash days.

Aliciaspinnet
April 19th, 2017, 05:40 PM
Attempting pin curls! My hair has looked such a mess lately thanks to bleach and regrowth, I'm hoping this gives me a bit of style. I'm only leaving it in for the morning, but my hairs been holding a curl really well lately so hopefully it'll be enough.

marvel-lover
April 19th, 2017, 05:54 PM
I drenched my hair with conditioner/water spray earlier, added olive oil, then combed it through. It's currently in a disc bun with my favorite acrylic stick :cool:

Mlarmour
April 19th, 2017, 06:11 PM
Massaging my scalp with my scalp massager thingy. It feels so nice. It's hair wash day tomorrow and I was gonna oil it tonight, but I don't fancy messing with oil tonight. I might use a preshampoo balm thingy I have before hand whilst I proof read.

Aredhel
April 19th, 2017, 06:17 PM
Just did my mid-week ACV rinse and conditioned too. :)

reilly0167
April 20th, 2017, 03:17 PM
Just finished applying henna on my roots, Iwanted to be done and over with, it was a very messy job :justy: and now I wait:popcorn:

reilly0167
April 20th, 2017, 07:10 PM
Rinsed henna out, roo ( rinse out oil) method with herbal essences naked cleansing conditioner, now air drying. Feeling good. :) wearing it curly.

Eta: update
Instead of using a difusser I used the fan instead And I must say, I am definitely sticking to the roo method!!! My hair is light, soft used no product afterwards, curls much more defined. On cloud nine!!!!
Thank you Lapushka:heartbeat

TatsuOni
April 21st, 2017, 01:25 AM
Scalp massage.

Rebeccalaurenxx
April 21st, 2017, 02:56 PM
Doing a DT with one of those packets from hask. The argan oil one!
Says it is good for two uses but with my hair I got 1 use... my hair isnt even that long! Haha.

I like these hair packet treatments, its simpler for me for some reason.
I haven't done one in awhile because I really don't like sitting around with a wet pile on top of my head and a baggy wrapped around.
But my ends look really bad to me and I have not trimmed in months so my hair needs some sprucing.
Hopefully the cones in this help my hair a bit, lol.

rouxlala
April 22nd, 2017, 01:26 PM
Doing my first S&D now. Any tips?

hayheadsbird
April 22nd, 2017, 01:37 PM
Currently ignoring it and wondering if I can get away with stretching wash day another 24 hours...

Take your time, use sharp hair scissors, and have fantastic lighting.

Aredhel
April 22nd, 2017, 01:56 PM
Washed it today and letting it air dry now. Will run my TT through it soon enough and oil my ends. :)

Kat-Rinnè Naido
April 22nd, 2017, 01:56 PM
Nothing. Practicing benign neglect. Did not handle it today.

Ophidian
April 22nd, 2017, 02:03 PM
It's still wrapped in my sleep scarf being ignored because I have nothing to do but stay home for the first time in weeks. Oiling later and wash tomorrow.

rouxlala
April 22nd, 2017, 02:05 PM
Currently ignoring it and wondering if I can get away with stretching wash day another 24 hours...

Take your time, use sharp hair scissors, and have fantastic lighting.

Man. My eyes are watering from looking so up-close. ...and I'm finding that I have some split ends with split ends! :O

hayheadsbird
April 22nd, 2017, 02:08 PM

Man. My eyes are watering from looking so up-close. ...and I'm finding that I have some split ends with split ends! :O

The worst is finding one of those Christmas trees, then when you go to get the scissors it's gone again. I found one this morning held on to it while I went up stairs to my dressing table and managed to lose it going up the stairs. Very annoying knowing it's there and can't find it!

rouxlala
April 22nd, 2017, 02:20 PM
The worst is finding one of those Christmas trees, then when you go to get the scissors it's gone again. I found one this morning held on to it while I went up stairs to my dressing table and managed to lose it going up the stairs. Very annoying knowing it's there and can't find it!

Yeah. Man. This seems like it will be a never-ending process! :O

Natashap
April 22nd, 2017, 10:48 PM
Washed henna plus brahmi from scalp.

applied dove shampoo to scalp only.