PDA

View Full Version : What are you doing to/for your hair right now?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34

lithostoic
July 20th, 2023, 08:06 PM
Sprayed water in my hair, which already has product from yesterday. Detangled and I'm currently wearing it in a French braid for the night. I need to invest in a silk pillowcase.

cadaverinna
July 20th, 2023, 08:32 PM
It's in flexi rods safe inside a satin bonnet

mochichichi
July 23rd, 2023, 05:37 PM
My scalp was super itchy, so I had an extra wash today. I did a bit of S&D out in the sun, let my SMT soak in with the warmth outside, and then used Shea Moisture's manuka honey protein treatment after shampoo. My hair feels great and is almost dry now.

Bat
July 25th, 2023, 03:22 AM
Removed the black now it smells gross haha, it's a dark redish brown now.

I've ordered a batch of henna indigo and other plant stuff to help with pigment, I figure while it's super short it's the best time to try to see what I think of it, if I don't like it grow out won't take long.

Ylva
July 25th, 2023, 06:46 AM
I've ordered a batch of henna indigo and other plant stuff to help with pigment, I figure while it's super short it's the best time to try to see what I think of it, if I don't like it grow out won't take long.

Great idea! Perhaps you’ll fall in love with how it feels and only resort to going nuts with the wigs. :)

Bat
July 25th, 2023, 10:48 PM
Great idea! Perhaps you’ll fall in love with how it feels and only resort to going nuts with the wigs. :)
One can only hope!

Nefcerka
July 26th, 2023, 01:33 AM
It felt like my hair needed clarifying - scalp began to hurt and the length was greasier than just from usual oiling, so that is what I did - for clarifying I just use a good amount of regular mint SLS shampoo instead of my usual gentle jasmine SLS-free one. It worked, my hair is light and fluffy again and I did not feel like putting the oil right back in the length, I´ll leave it this week without it.

Bat
July 26th, 2023, 05:03 AM
I did my cinnamon and honey lightening treatment, it possibly lifted a fraction but honestly if it hadn't made my hair feel so good it would have been a waste of time and money.

I'll give it a few more tries and see what happens

Nox_Inber
July 26th, 2023, 03:44 PM
Chelated because it's been acting funky after swimming in the ocean.

floridaorchid
July 26th, 2023, 05:53 PM
Deep condition and scalp oil!

Eternal
July 27th, 2023, 01:31 PM
I have been experimenting with using a DIY hot-oil treatments on my scalp and hair night or every other night. I wash my hair and scalp every day or every other day with a shampoo diluted with Jamaica-flower (hibiscus) tea. I use the Marc Anthony Grow Long conditioner, but I apply it to my hair below my ears (I wasn't able to do that three weeks ago). I've recently learned it's bad for conditioner to touch my scalp, so I'm really trying to avoid it. After I saturate the ends of my hair with conditioner, I use my wide-tooth comb to gently detangle, hoping that whatever amount of conditioner sticking to the comb can reach the top-most strands without touching my scalp. Deep conditioning with a moisturizing argon oil creme treatment every two or three weeks. I used a blow-dryer for the first three weeks, after washing. Seems my hair actually likes it. This time, I am experimenting with a regular room-fan for hair-drying. I've added Jamaica tea to my styling gel, which was running out. Seems to increase the amount of gel I have, and made it more moisturizing.

I'm combing this site for scalp-care tips. Not sure if I am doing too much at the moment. Trying to come up with a simple routine.

constancev18
July 27th, 2023, 02:00 PM
Just massaged homemade rosemary oil into my scalp.

Ylva
July 27th, 2023, 03:23 PM
Clarified my hair and did a round of K18.

rosenester
July 27th, 2023, 03:23 PM
Deciding which products to use for wash day! I think I’ll do a deep treatment with joico K-pak, and follow up with a second C of whole blends honey conditioner, I hope the two will smell OK mixed, or I’ll skip the k-pak.

yvainee
July 28th, 2023, 03:20 PM
I did a coconut milk, rice cream and flaxseed gel mask today. I had the ricecream flaxseed mixture in the fridge already as I've been using that as a face mask (works great btw!) so I just added some coconut milk. Usually my hair doesn't like anything with protein but this mask worked well for me.

Bat
July 28th, 2023, 06:44 PM
Willing it to grow faster also trying to lighten with honey but not sure it's working

rosenester
July 29th, 2023, 08:12 AM
Letting it loose to detangle, I can’t remember if I did my morning or evening detangle yesterday. I think it just stayed bunned since my Thursday evening wash :hmm:

floridaorchid
July 29th, 2023, 01:12 PM
I do something similar rosenester! I have my hair in a braid from yesterday. Sometimes I just forget to mess with it.

Nefcerka
July 30th, 2023, 04:05 AM
I put a leave-in hair mask that I use as a pre-wash into my length today, and put my hair in all its glorious oiliness up in a top nautilus bun. It´s wash day tomorrow morning.
I´m also idly searching the webpage of my favorite drugstore and I already set my sight on a new hair mask (a Balea alternative to olaplex-kind of treatment) and a new 7-herbs shampoo (from Alverde).

rosenester
August 6th, 2023, 06:03 PM
I did a EVOO pre wash, I think it soaked for 6 hours. After a while the smell bothered me, so I added garnier hair food mask over it for smell :wink: Then, I washed with neutrogena scalp care shampoo twice with a silicone shampoo scrub, and CC with garnier hair food followed by HEHH. I used Hello Hydration as a leave-in as well since I am running low on my fave curl cream. Currently air drying.

floridaorchid
August 6th, 2023, 07:45 PM
Letting it air dry

angel-baby
August 7th, 2023, 08:28 PM
Wearing it up since I've had it down 3 days in a row

Molly_Marie
August 7th, 2023, 08:39 PM
I just started applying a tiny bit of oil to it after it air dries from washing it. I am really excited to get into a good hair care routine again. It’s been a while.

Bat
August 7th, 2023, 09:13 PM
Wasted my time trying to tint my hair with hibiscus and beetroot powder, it washed out!

floridaorchid
August 7th, 2023, 09:43 PM
Jojoba oil in length and two french braids for the night! Might do a hair mask and two braided buns tomorrow for work. :)

fairy_hair
August 8th, 2023, 02:00 PM
Got it in its lovely sleeping braid ready for a night of comfy growing hopefully!

cadaverinna
August 9th, 2023, 05:52 AM
Just applied and massaged in a castor + coconut oil blend infused w cassia obovated on my scalp and I have some coconut on my lengths and ends. I was supposed to wash about now but I'm feeling sleepy so not gonna happen lol

Yesterday I set aside some kombucha to brew into green tea vinegar I plan on using on my hair and scalp. For food too, I mean, but I used it for a while years ago in my routine and it was wonderful

I'll probably braid it to sleep and then I'll use a bond repairing treatment when I wash it

Kingsdaughter
August 9th, 2023, 04:02 PM
Letting it rest in a protective French braid, it's been flying loose too much lately.

rosenester
August 9th, 2023, 05:28 PM
I got a good amount of fresh air & sunshine today, and noticed my bleached lengths from the crown looked… green! I washed, toned, conditioned, applied my HG curl cream, and now air drying. Hope it’s not green anymore :laugh:

Second, I am buying a mister to try to make my own refresh spray with distilled water & a dollop of conditioner for scent mostly/maybe a few drops of essential oil.

Bat
August 10th, 2023, 04:08 AM
Me being me I got annoyed at how patchy my hair was looking so I put indigo in my hair and wow my hair must like it because it's pitch black now!

Nefcerka
August 10th, 2023, 05:50 AM
I´ve done a cassia & indian herbs treatment and now I´m waiting for the results, my hair is air-drying. I can already spy a slight change in color, towards richer and warmer (I´m ashy light brown naturally), not green so, so far so good!

floridaorchid
August 10th, 2023, 08:30 AM
Jojoba oil to length and into a French braid!

Ylva
August 13th, 2023, 06:36 AM
I did a EVOO pre wash, I think it soaked for 6 hours. After a while the smell bothered me, so I added garnier hair food mask over it for smell :wink: Then, I washed with neutrogena scalp care shampoo twice with a silicone shampoo scrub, and CC with garnier hair food followed by HEHH. I used Hello Hydration as a leave-in as well since I am running low on my fave curl cream. Currently air drying.

Just a word of warning about using HH as a leave-in. It contains the preservatives methylisothiazolinone and methylchloroisothiazolinone which are banned from leave-on products in the EU. I, for example, get contact dermatitis from them!

I get the impression this was an exception for you so probably fine, just thought to let you know! :)

Klalab
August 13th, 2023, 07:50 AM
I applied an oil mix to my scalp and massaged it, and I'm wearing a satin bonnet today because I'm just lounging at home

Bat
August 14th, 2023, 12:11 AM
Did a hair growth treatment with cassia and fenugreek unlikely it will actually work but at least it's soft and smells nice

Kathie
August 15th, 2023, 07:16 PM
I'm currently monitoring the change in dew point over the course of the day and learning about what products to use at different points.
I've also started a hair diary so I can monitor my results.

LydiaStauffer
August 15th, 2023, 07:19 PM
Doing an overnight oil treatment! nourish that scalp and preserve those ends!

ETJ CURLS
August 15th, 2023, 08:54 PM
I'm putting my twists in a loose low pony and then putting the bonnet on top so it's protected while I sleep :sleep:

Priska
August 17th, 2023, 09:59 AM
I made an overnight-hot oil-massage it in -treatment with olive oil (coconut oil would have been better maybe but it was finished), and in the morning after washing I conditioned it with gelatine-ACV-oat oil hairmask-mix. With the idea that gelatine laminates the oil in. I also finished this with ACV-rinse. Result is good and smooth and tangle free, now I see if this result lasts longer this way, combining these two treatments.

floridaorchid
August 17th, 2023, 05:12 PM
Oil treatment! Jojoba oil in my length! For my scalp, it's fable and mane in my part and hairline, and amla oil over the rest of the scalp.

Nefcerka
August 18th, 2023, 02:43 AM
I´m trying the two new leave-ins from Balea that I got. Yesterday I applied a protein kind, which wasn´t bad but left my hair a bit dry, and today I applied a hydrating one (no protein in it) over that, and now it feels right - the length is smooth and fuller.

Für immer
August 18th, 2023, 03:11 PM
Massaged my scalp, then oiled from root to tips with Nightblooming's Vaeries, combed with a widetoothed wooden comb, and afterwards braided it so I wear it as a crown.

rosenester
August 18th, 2023, 04:13 PM
Just a word of warning about using HH as a leave-in. It contains the preservatives methylisothiazolinone and methylchloroisothiazolinone which are banned from leave-on products in the EU. I, for example, get contact dermatitis from them!

I get the impression this was an exception for you so probably fine, just thought to let you know! :)

Ooh, thanks for the heads up! I love the scent so much, I thought it would linger stronger of I used a little for leave-in. No problem with the preservatives this time, thank goodness! My skin is becoming more sensitive each year, so good info for me to keep in mind. I am about to creat my own refresh spray and was considering HH mostly for scent, so I’ll do something else for scent (probably EO’s)

Für immer
August 18th, 2023, 04:16 PM
Ooh, thanks for the heads up! I love the scent so much, I thought it would linger stronger of I used a little for leave-in. No problem with the preservatives this time, thank goodness! My skin is becoming more sensitive each year, so good info for me to keep in mind. I am about to creat my own refresh spray and was considering HH mostly for scent, so I’ll do something else for scent (probably EO’s)

What's HH?

SandyBottom
August 18th, 2023, 06:23 PM
I think it's Herbal Essence's Hello Hydration.

Für immer
August 18th, 2023, 06:28 PM
I think it's Herbal Essence's Hello Hydration.

Okay, thanks. Can't say I've heard about it before. :)

SandyBottom
August 18th, 2023, 06:32 PM
You're welcome! I've never used it, but have heard it discussed on here somewhere.

lithostoic
August 18th, 2023, 08:27 PM
I washed it and now it's in a braid for bed :) I'll wake up to some nice waves in the morning.

Bat
August 19th, 2023, 01:02 AM
Did my weekly cassia fenugreek and aloe powder hair mask speed-up that growth

I want to try and just wash my hair once s week even though I've the urge to use up my shampoo and conditioner stash as soon as possible

Nefcerka
August 19th, 2023, 04:16 AM
Did my weekly cassia fenugreek and aloe powder hair mask speed-up that growth

I want to try and just wash my hair once s week even though I've the urge to use up my shampoo and conditioner stash as soon as possible

I have the urge to burn through my stash too. I have photographed it the other day, and I have way too much stuff. But I am not willing to compromise my scalp and start washing more often than every five days.

Bat
August 19th, 2023, 04:51 AM
I have the urge to burn through my stash too. I have photographed it the other day, and I have way too much stuff. But I am not willing to compromise my scalp and start washing more often than every five days.
Protect hair and scalp at all costs

Für immer
August 19th, 2023, 05:02 AM

Agree. :thumbsup:

ETJ CURLS
August 19th, 2023, 05:18 PM
I'm undoing my mini-twists so I can wash my hair tomorrow!

Nefcerka
August 20th, 2023, 02:25 AM

I know, and I will. It´s just that I buy more hair care stuff than I need, and I never waste it or throw anything away, I use it up, so it takes a long time to spend everything. And in the meantime another products catch my eye, and I keep adding...

Today it´s wash day and I used a coney conditioner (didn´t like it) and followed with something like LCO method - I needed to override the smell of the conditioner, so I applied a hydrating hair milk, then protein spray leave-in and then some oil to my ends. It makes me wonder if it makes sense at all - first washing one´s hair to rid it of stuff, and then putting grease right back in...

Ylva
August 22nd, 2023, 01:33 PM
Clarified my hair and used K18. No conditioner at all. My hair felt so soft after just shampoo and it was super easy to brush through.

ETJ CURLS
August 23rd, 2023, 09:52 PM
I unbraided it, combed it out and redistributed the natural and added oils, and rebraided to have nice waves tomorrow.

baanoo
August 24th, 2023, 08:41 AM
Mixed up some cassia-sedr mud and am hanging out with two plastic bags and a silk scarf wrapped around my head

TatsuOni
August 25th, 2023, 01:40 PM
Massaging the scalp and am about to spray some Selkie on my hair before braiding it for the night.

Asrai
August 25th, 2023, 04:07 PM
Finally getting around to a wash day after over a week, so I decided to treat my hair to an herbal mask to hopefully moisturize it, & also to fight off the urge to jump back into herbal dyes. Mixed up equal parts hibiscus, fenugreek, & amla powder with warm water & then mixed the mud 1:1 with Henna Sooq's Cleansing Conditioning Co-wash. Gonna wash it all out with some Nightblooming Lassea shampoo & follow up with some Mielle Rosemary Mint Strengthening Mask (I use this as my regular conditioner) in a little bit.

ETJ CURLS
August 25th, 2023, 07:11 PM
I'm letting it dry before braiding it so it's not wet overnight.

floridaorchid
August 26th, 2023, 09:49 AM
Currently marinating in two hair masks.

Für immer
August 26th, 2023, 03:52 PM
Fingercombed it, then added some of Nightblooming's detanglingspray Selkie. Combed it with a wide toothed wooden comb, and oiled the hair from the roots down to the tips with Kaliska (another of Nightblooming's products).
Fingercombed it yet again and finished with the wooden comb.

Planning to have a CO wash day tomorrow and/or another herbal dye-session, but in the meantime my hair smells wonderful. :D

Für immer
August 27th, 2023, 11:40 AM
First did a s&d, then a pre-CO (rinsing out oils and then adding conditioner to just sit in the hair under a perm cap for 10-15 minutes), and then did a full CO.
Currently letting my hair dry under a bamboo turban.

ETJ CURLS
August 27th, 2023, 12:35 PM
Just washed it, and now I'm deep conditioning with Briogeo "Don't Despair, Repair." It's the first DC I've ever bought and used, and I think I'll be switching to something else when I've used it up, as the smell is not my favourite.

floridaorchid
August 27th, 2023, 07:33 PM
Just washed it, and now I'm deep conditioning with Briogeo "Don't Despair, Repair." It's the first DC I've ever bought and used, and I think I'll be switching to something else when I've used it up, as the smell is not my favourite.

The smell isn't the best, but it works really well. It's unfortunate.

lithostoic
August 27th, 2023, 07:36 PM
Put it in a braid

Bat
August 27th, 2023, 08:52 PM
Did nothing but got bored and mixed up some hennaguys deep red with the intention of using it but ended up freezing it

Since it hasn't even been a month since I henndigo so my roots are so minimal the color would look dumb

angel-baby
August 27th, 2023, 11:25 PM
Air drying in braids. I didn't want to bother with stylers and diffusing today so I just did K18 plus a leave-in and a couple drops of oil, and wore French braids all day. Hopefully it results in nice waves tomorrow with low effort.

Lady Stardust
August 29th, 2023, 06:32 AM
I’m doing a nice, long prewash oiling with babassu oil. It’s ages since I’ve had all day to just let it really soak in. It’s in a bun with a Rosie the Riveter style scarf over the top.

yvainee
August 29th, 2023, 04:24 PM
I put fenugreek tea on my roots and then oiled the mids/ends with walnut oil. Now it's in a loose braid.

eunioa
August 31st, 2023, 05:17 PM
just detangled my hair, oiled my scalp a tiny bit, and put it in two loose braids.

KinkyRapunzel
September 1st, 2023, 12:54 AM
I'm currently back to my protective hairstyle (braids), I washed my hair with Olaplex shampoo/conditioner then deep conditioned with an Amika hair mask. After getting out of the shower I used Olaplex no. 9, homemade fenugreek oil mixture, and flaxseed gel that I infused with hibiscus. I have been in love with this combo lately. :magic:

Priska
September 1st, 2023, 01:44 PM
I'm so happy, my catnip spray and fenugreek spray really did wonders to my hair! So different kind of softness and shine than from anything else! I've been trying so many different kind of treatments in shower, oils to shampoo or conditioner or prepoo, but always the dryness and tangles come back. I sprayed to dry day 2. hair just desperately trying something and next day... Wow. Now if the dryness comes back again before next wash day, I can spray again!
This catnip spray has been in fridge a really long time, but it's only got better! I added some acv in there to preserve it.

And really this shine feels so much better... as if it was deeper in the hair and somehow more "holistic" or something:p Really something incredible :eek:

Für immer
September 1st, 2023, 03:26 PM
Letting my hair airdry after applying and then rinsing off a hairmask.

ArienEllariel
September 2nd, 2023, 07:20 PM
Put my hair up before having a nice hot soak in the tub. Hot water dries out my hair terribly on the ends so I avoid it.

eunioa
September 2nd, 2023, 07:53 PM
just washed my hair, put in leave conditioner, sealed it in with oil, and did two plaits.

Bat
September 2nd, 2023, 09:44 PM
I got some henna defrosting atm my roots aren't really long enough honestly but I'm dying to try this new henna I got, I'll probably end up putting indigo on it after

Ylva
September 3rd, 2023, 07:04 AM
I oiled my hair for the first time in a good while, I think almost a year. I was oiling the skin of my trad bodhrán and thought why not, since I already had the oil out. :shrug:

It's been sitting in my hair for a couple of hours now and I will leave it in for a while, still, as I relax at the PC with some music.

cadaverinna
September 4th, 2023, 10:03 PM
Just finished my scalp gua sha session and applied some silicone to the ends, it's up in a bun and I'm wondering if I should wash it now(it's hot and I'm melting)

eunioa
September 8th, 2023, 07:06 AM
I did an acv rinse last night, put in my leave in conditioner, sealed with oil, then did two plaits. today it's still damp but i'm putting it up into a bun and going on about my day.

veryvia
September 8th, 2023, 08:02 AM
Yesterday was wash day and I double shampooed with a new clarifying shampoo that made my hair dry so I added a bit more leave in and oil at night. This morning my hair feels back to normal, combed it out, and put small amounts of two different hair oils and two different leave-in conditioners before twisting it into a loosish bun for work.

eunioa
September 12th, 2023, 04:03 PM
I straightened my hair yesterday & today for the first time in 2 weeks however it tends to make my hair feel weird & my ends dry + brittle so i'm doing a hot oil treatment using EVOO, which i'm just going to use CO to get it out rather then shampoo.

momof3mary
September 12th, 2023, 04:15 PM
Admiring it. It's growing back quickly this time.

lithostoic
September 12th, 2023, 07:45 PM
It's in a braid for bed.

eunioa
September 12th, 2023, 08:04 PM
I straightened my hair yesterday & today for the first time in 2 weeks however it tends to make my hair feel weird & my ends dry + brittle so i'm doing a hot oil treatment using EVOO, which i'm just going to use CO to get it out rather then shampoo.

I just washed w CO, braided, put a little leave in CO, & oil. I'll see my oil treatment results when its dry!!

zashin66
September 14th, 2023, 08:44 PM
Crammed it all into a bun to get ready for work. Not really spa treatment.

eunioa
September 15th, 2023, 09:54 AM
Yesterday I washed my hair, after rinsing out the CO, I did a black tea rinse. I think I really liked it, usually my hair is a frizzy mess after I wake up (even after having it braided or bunned) but my hair has barely any! Also, I think it softened quite a bit as well!! super happy with the results. Now I wonder if I can spritz my scalp with it every other day for results? Not sure.

JasminxCat
September 15th, 2023, 09:47 PM
Washed and conditioned, put a serum in, brushed with my wet brush, now down to air dry

rosenester
September 16th, 2023, 06:46 PM
Measured, trimmed, washed, applied K18, toned the bleached ends, then conditioned. Currently air drying with curl cream.

ETJ CURLS
September 16th, 2023, 07:55 PM
I have a lot of gel in my hair currently for the style I'm wearing so I applied a small amount of oil-based leave-in to keep the ends from getting crispy before putting my bonnet on for bed.

DearAmber
September 16th, 2023, 10:53 PM
It's in a bun and silk scarf for bed right now.

TatsuOni
September 18th, 2023, 12:56 AM
Sitting with henna on my roots. Later it will be indigo.

TatsuOni
September 18th, 2023, 10:38 AM
Now I'm letting it air dry.

Bat
September 18th, 2023, 03:20 PM
Hennad the other day, now it's been washed and conditioned

Nefcerka
September 19th, 2023, 06:13 AM
Wash day. Washed with sulfate-free shampoo and let my thick conditioner sit in for 10 minutes. Then I gently blow-dried and let the rest air-dry. No leave-ins today, and it feels great without them, silky and light and fluffy hair.

baanoo
September 19th, 2023, 06:26 AM
Just did a little trim and some s&d to celebrate the end of summer.

ETJ CURLS
September 19th, 2023, 07:29 AM
Brushed it out, added some serum and rebraided.

floridaorchid
September 19th, 2023, 06:28 PM
Oiled my scalp with Don't despair, repair on my mids and ends. currently wrapped up and in a heat cap!

eunioa
September 22nd, 2023, 06:48 AM
I just straightened my hair because i'm having a little get-together with friends to celebrate my birthday!! (my actual birthday is the 24th but i'm spending that time with family)

ETJ CURLS
September 22nd, 2023, 08:09 AM
I'm doing an olaplex treatment. I figured it was time since my highlights were starting to not cooperate at the ends.

angel-baby
September 22nd, 2023, 10:32 AM
Oiling my mids and ends for the day with a little bit of rose elixir, then braiding it to reset my hair texture for my bday dinner tonight!

Bat
September 23rd, 2023, 03:30 AM
Did a treatment with Bhringraj and Brahmi powder and a bit of aloe powder and mixed with coconut water

Croww
September 23rd, 2023, 07:33 AM
Did a redken acidic bonding pre shampoo, kerastase hair mask, oiled my ends. I also let the bf cut the ends of my hair a little!!!!

floridaorchid
September 23rd, 2023, 07:06 PM
Today was wash day! Oiled my scalp and length. Washed and now it's air drying!

constancev18
September 24th, 2023, 10:29 AM
Protective styling under a scarf.

ETJ CURLS
September 24th, 2023, 04:35 PM
Took out my french braids and brushed with the boar bristle brush then detangled. (It's a little disheartening to see all the damaged ends literally falling off and turning to dust, but I'll be trimming at the end of the year, and hopefully finish getting all the truly dead bits. It doesn't seem to be affecting my actual length much.) After that I applied some serum and rebraided. My scalp feels nice.

Henrietta
September 25th, 2023, 02:45 PM
I'm sitting with an Olaplex treatment (numbers 0 & 3). It's been my fourth year of repeating at-home Olaplex treatments in one form or another (in the first few years, I used the numbers 1+2 liquids set, and then number 3 as a follow-up mask), so by now it's all well planned and feels familiar. I keep the liquid part on my hair for 1 hour, add the number 3 mask, and wait another hour. With a clarifying wash before this and air drying afterwards (as always), an Olaplex afternoon is a rather long afternoon ;)

ETJ CURLS
September 26th, 2023, 09:30 AM
I just twisted my hair into 11 chunky twists (rope braids) and while I did so had a nice S&D session to remove single strands knots.

SandyBottom
September 26th, 2023, 12:23 PM
My hair was feeling dry so I misted and added a little conditioner to the length.

floridaorchid
September 27th, 2023, 09:23 AM
I have two french braids that are parted weird on my head. The fear of thinning in my part has started, so I'm trying to randomly part now a days to feel better.

ArienEllariel
September 28th, 2023, 10:29 AM
Did a little S & D session, clarified my hair from the buildup of two weeks using different products than I'm used to, lightly conditioned, and added a tiny drop of oil to the ends while damp. Currently waiting on it to dry and see what the outcome is. I had so many splits I kept noticing while on vacation and I couldn't do anything about it. :wail:

ETJ CURLS
September 29th, 2023, 10:55 AM
Just did a nice little purple shampoo treatment, to freshen up my highlights.

SandyBottom
September 30th, 2023, 06:28 PM
I micro trimmed and measured today and have been playing around trying some different styles including lapis_lazuli's Inverted Bun and a Crochet Chain Braid and there was another one (L-finity Bun?) too.

ketayumi
October 2nd, 2023, 01:00 PM
I did a microtrim as well recently. I was thinking I would do more frequent trims as I have layered hair that i'm trying to get to be all one length eventually. For maintenance I've just been oiling my hair religiously, brushing with boar bristle brushes, keeping hair in braids, and using a cuticle sealer every two weeks. Hoping to deep condition my hair twice this week if possible before I start to experiment with touching up my hair color. I finally got silk pillowcases which i've been enjoying!

Priska
October 2nd, 2023, 04:33 PM
Coconut hot oil overnight treatment.

Bat
October 2nd, 2023, 05:07 PM
Nothing! I did re henna it last week now I'm growing it out until I decide I still want my pink hair back

floridaorchid
October 2nd, 2023, 08:44 PM
Nothing! I did re henna it last week now I'm growing it out until I decide I still want my pink hair back

How often do you rehenna? Pink hair is a ton of fun, be careful of dying or bleach over henna. It's really rough sometimes (It took me a long time to get the henna out)

WednesdayAddams
October 4th, 2023, 03:16 PM
Just letting it fly free and happy while my henna oxidizes. :D

WednesdayAddams
October 4th, 2023, 03:17 PM
How often do you rehenna? Pink hair is a ton of fun, be careful of dying or bleach over henna. It's really rough sometimes (It took me a long time to get the henna out)

Facts. Henna is an absolute bear to get out. I have read on here that you don't date henna, you marry it, and so far that's the best description I've ever heard. :D

floridaorchid
October 4th, 2023, 05:43 PM
Facts. Henna is an absolute bear to get out. I have read on here that you don't date henna, you marry it, and so far that's the best description I've ever heard. :D

It is! I had no idea when I started doing it, I just knew it stayed in a long time. I went to a salon and it was dyed over, but it left my hair in green and orange streaks :(

ketayumi
October 6th, 2023, 11:36 AM
I clarified my hair today and conditioned. Now i'm putting in some hydration & anti-pollution serum in it then some oil!

ArienEllariel
October 7th, 2023, 06:06 PM
I bit the bullet and trimmed it. It got more tangly and damaged while on vacation and it's hit that year mark since my last trim. I wanted to wait until the end of 2023 but it just felt like this was the right time for me. Now I'm just fighting the urge to cut layers so that the bleached blonde will be more cut off. Got to remain strong!

Nefcerka
October 9th, 2023, 02:05 AM
Wash day today, wasn´t too bad (aka didn´t take too long or too much patience). I figured out how to blow-dry my hair better - I blow dry my scalp first to about 80% while my length is still wrapped in the towel (so it does not drip water on the floor), then I squeeze the length well and finish blow drying. When the scalp is dry in the first place, there is no excess water running down the length. I know it´s not any great revelation, but it makes things easier and faster for me.
Now I am going to watch the videos from Hairstyle of this month and practice the Swirly bun.

Priska
October 11th, 2023, 01:47 PM
I just added some of the best natural ingredients to my conditioner... Aloe, honey, gelatine, coconut oil and red wine vinegar. Heated in microwave and massaged into the hair (smoothing strokes downwards last) (I added the vinegar after heating). That left my hair so silky! Next time I must finish this with fenugreek tea rinse... :heartbeat
---
Oh yes and I clarified before this conditioning. I believe it contributed to this silkyness.

Now i also understand why it is good to add a little bit of everything and not lots of only one ingredient... Too much oil can make your hair greasy. Too much honey might make your hair sticky. Too much gelatine might harden your tips. Too much flaxseed gel might make your hair crunchy etc. But just a little bit of everything somehow gives you only the benefits from them all. :)

Larki
October 11th, 2023, 04:01 PM
Just washed it and deep conditioned with a coconut hair mask. Once it dries a bit, I'm going to use my vanilla Leave-In conditioner and oil it with vanilla olive oil.

ETJ CURLS
October 15th, 2023, 12:35 PM
Washed it and braided into two french braids.

Bat
October 15th, 2023, 05:21 PM
I decided to use my henna stash first before before I make the decision to buy more or to let it grow out and do the Hot pink I've been craving again, since I have about 600 grams left and I barely use 50 grams it will last a while, I currently have henna on my head now

ketayumi
October 16th, 2023, 07:21 PM
Brushed my hair this morning and followed the LCO method, will probably rebraid and apply more oil before bed. I'm feeling lazy with my hair so it will probably just be in braids all week until it's time to wash.

Dominga
October 17th, 2023, 02:23 PM
not much actually.
after taking good good care of my hair for the entire covid “era” (henna 2x month, oiling, cc schedule, no heat, no chem) i decided to leave it alone for a while.
taking care of my hair became frustrating, i didn’t like my length, didn’t like my texture, i really really wanted to blow dry it because it looked a mess all the time but i didn’t want to fry it too so that was challenging.
i feel like the less i do the better my hair looks and feels so i just continued using organic products, once a month i retouch my roots (i have whites) with no ammonia dye and i style it every now and then.m (blow dry or flat iron).
to me it looks amazing, i reached a good length (29,13inch) and a good thickness (3,5 inches) after two yrs without measuring. i have this mantra now, the less i care and think about it the better it will look and feel😂

Ylva
October 18th, 2023, 05:15 PM
Clarified my hair and used K18.

ETJ CURLS
October 18th, 2023, 07:44 PM
I just braided it up for bed. :sleep:

ketayumi
October 20th, 2023, 05:19 PM
I think I washed yesterday just with some detangling/hydration products, so I think I went 4 days without washing this time? I've been diligent with the LCO method and just wearing my hair in two plaits after moisturizing my hair.

Bat
October 20th, 2023, 05:27 PM
It was getting crunchy so clarified yesterday, it always does the trick

rosenester
October 20th, 2023, 06:42 PM
I forgot to detangle after my wash last night, just bunned for bed, finger detangled a few spots and bunned for work. I just applied jojoba oil and brushed my hair. Now I am watching it grow… like when I sit and watch my plants :toofers:

Priska
October 22nd, 2023, 01:00 PM
Awesome soft and so moisturized result, after too many days with extremely dry and tangle-prone hair. Overnight hot coconut oil treatment with a squirt of grapeseed oil. Washing in the morning and conditioning with hot gelatine-redwine vinegar-oat oil mask-mix with praying hands strokes. After rinsing a fenugreek tea leave-in rinse with a tiny bit of red vinegar.

eunioa
October 24th, 2023, 09:52 AM
last night I washed my hair as well as used a deep conditioner mixed with evoo, then i did my usual routine put in leave-in co and oiled my ends as well as braided two regular plaits

Jonas
October 24th, 2023, 01:56 PM
I'm wearing it out right now at work which isn't great lol... but for me , I won't have fun growing it unless I can wear it out sometimes. As soon as I get home I'll braid it up though!

Chasemi
October 25th, 2023, 10:28 AM
Just sprayed the ends with rosemary water (made it myself) and then added a mix of jojoba, rosemary, and mint oil to the wet ends

Onthepath
October 25th, 2023, 03:58 PM
I just lightly oiled my hair with olive oil and rosemary oil. Plan on using an intensive conditioner on it tonight.

Priska
October 25th, 2023, 04:23 PM
Oh how very good smells my rosemary-fenugreek tea that's getting prepared in a nettle... Planning to use it as a leave-in tomorrow. Both herbs should reduce shedding. I'll add there vinegar too to get the cuticles closed. Hope this works...

When I have time I'll next time take rice in the tea too and ferment it. I believe this is healthy to drink too...

ETJ CURLS
October 26th, 2023, 12:34 PM
My scalp was starting to get itchy, but I'm not ready to take out my braids yet, so did a WO rinse with warm water, did a light blow dry of the braids, and now letting them air dry since it's nice weather. Both my hair and scalp feel great.

eunioa
October 26th, 2023, 03:50 PM
doing a hot oil treatment with evoo & coconut oil, will probably leave it in for about two more hours then wash it out

rosenester
October 26th, 2023, 05:12 PM
Just let it loose and gently detangled with tangle teezer and jojoba oil

ketayumi
October 26th, 2023, 11:22 PM
Finally touched up my roots and am on a schedule now for more touch-ups. I've just got my hair in two braids marinating in lots of oil now. Will probably leave my hair like this for a couple of days until I wash it again, adding more cream and oil until then.

Priska
October 27th, 2023, 05:17 AM
Oh how very good smells my rosemary-fenugreek tea that's getting prepared in a nettle... Planning to use it as a leave-in tomorrow. Both herbs should reduce shedding. I'll add there vinegar too to get the cuticles closed. Hope this works...

When I have time I'll next time take rice in the tea too and ferment it. I believe this is healthy to drink too...

Rosemary was not a good add to this treatment, it left my dry ends very dry. Or then it happend because this time I boiled this tea a few minutes, this has happend to some extent also with plain fenugreek when I have boiled it instead of soaking it in water that has boiled but is not boiling anymore. I guess too much plant extract can leave your hair crunchy.

Chasemi
October 27th, 2023, 07:24 AM
I just redid my braids, decided not to wash today (going for 2 weeks!), and ate some diatomaceaus earth

Gwenselenia
October 27th, 2023, 01:05 PM
After wash I used a toning deep conditioner in chocolate shade. Very happy about the result.

ETJ CURLS
October 27th, 2023, 07:15 PM
I'm currently taking out my braids.

Kelp
October 27th, 2023, 09:45 PM
It was wash night! My hair felt unusually healthy and soft all last week, and I wasn't sure which product caused it as I picked up a couple of new things from familiar brands. I used shampoo and conditioner, then a leave-in which I combed through and placed in a hair turban. I'm hoping I can pinpoint what change in my routine worked so well so I won't use any other serums, oils, or leave-ins until it's dry.

leayellena
October 28th, 2023, 01:58 AM
Oiled and combed it. My hair has reached bcl again. Had to trim that damage in march, instead of micro trim every month.

Dark40
October 29th, 2023, 09:48 AM
I’ve just clarified my hair using the Mane N Tail Gentle Clarifying Shampoo. Next, I applied the Stabilizer Plus Pre-Conditioning Treatment. Then, I deep conditioned my hair using the Mane N Tail Deep Moisturizing Conditioner. As my leave-ins I sprayed the Mane N Tail Detangling Spray and the Isoplus Wrap Lotion. Now, I’m sitting here letting it air dry up to between 2-3 hours, and I’m going to blow dry my hair my for only 5 minutes, and I’m going to apply some coconut oil hair conditioner. Then, brush it in very well.

Jonas
October 29th, 2023, 10:11 AM
I washed two days ago, I shampooed, did a hair mask, added some oil then conditioned. Today I put some normal conditioner because I need to buy leave in and some oil, now it’s in a nautical bun with a hair stick :)

luxurioushair
October 29th, 2023, 10:30 AM
Just re-styling it, nothing major

ETJ CURLS
October 29th, 2023, 04:55 PM
Just detangled, washed and conditioned, and used two leave-ins before braiding in six sections. My scalp feels so good!

Bat
October 29th, 2023, 06:01 PM
got Henna in my hair maybe for the last time having it in for 3 hours or more is such a struggle I'm leaving it to fate atm last time I did it, it didn't stick to my hairline that well so I've decided, if it sticks to it this time, i'll use up my stash first before growing it out, but if it doesn't stick I'll grow it out with the goal of having pink hair again. so who knows!

EDIT: so it stuck! guess I'm using up my stash first
Edit 2: wind blew my next henna mixture off the table and all on the concrete, and the bowl it's in Was broken

ketayumi
October 30th, 2023, 01:16 PM
My scalp is nice and happy right now, so now that the work week has started, it will probably just stay in a protective style the whole time until I'm ready to wash it again. Last night I did my biweekly cuticle sealing treatment, did a little bit of a "deep oiling" for my scalp before washing, and deep conditioned. My hair this morning was so soft, no buildup, super airy and silky. Just did LCO method with a detangling spray, leave-in cream, and silicone oil. My hair is now in two braids and chilling out of the way:D

ETJ CURLS
October 31st, 2023, 07:30 PM
Braiding it up for bed. I'm doing 5 braids so when I want to take it out I'll have nicely defined waves.

Für immer
November 1st, 2023, 07:37 AM
Just massaged my scalp, cleaned it with a comb/fingers, helped the sebum to reach the rest of my hair and since I hadn't combed it for a few days, I combed it longer than I usually do.

SandyBottom
November 1st, 2023, 06:57 PM
Yesterday I did a micro trim so I misted and put a smidge of shea butter on the ends today.

Kelp
November 2nd, 2023, 11:47 AM
Woke up with my hair scalp feeling dry and itchy, which isn't normal. I went ahead and oiled it with jojoba, combed it through my hair, and left it in braids until I wash. We've recently been getting some very cold temperatures which I'm not used to since I moved, but I've also started using a sulfate shampoo which I'm also not used to. Not sure which is the culprit :(

ETJ CURLS
November 2nd, 2023, 07:09 PM
Put some serum on my ends before bunning loosely for bed.

Ylva
November 3rd, 2023, 09:35 AM
Just washed my hair.

I’m currently kind of experimenting exactly how long I can go between clarifying washes before buildup becomes a problem. I’ve experienced buildup only once in my life as far as I can recall, and it would be useful to experience that again, this time with natural hair.

blackgothicdoll
November 5th, 2023, 01:45 AM
I had mini braids in without extensions for two weeks. They didn't cause tangling like two strand twists, but didn't look as full and took forever. Now I've washed, deep conditioned, and I'm drying in my usual 12 braids. They look very thick, but I used aloe vera gel this time around- perhaps that made a difference.

Dark40
November 5th, 2023, 09:16 AM
I’ve just shampooed and conditioned my hair using Head&Shoulders Smooth&Silky Shampoo & Conditioner. As my leave-ins I sprayed the Mane N Tail Detangling Spray and the Isoplus Wrap Lotion. I am now sitting here letting it air dry up to between 2-3 hours. Then, I’m going to blow dry it for only 5 minutes.

ETJ CURLS
November 5th, 2023, 09:25 AM
I'm doing my monthly olaplex treatment.

rosenester
November 5th, 2023, 09:52 AM
I put EVOO on my ends overnight, and today is wash day. I usually wash in evening but gearing up to do it earlier since I a, having a relaxing lazy home day.

eunioa
November 6th, 2023, 01:48 PM
I washed my hair and then used a deep conditioning mask and mixed evoo into it, afterwards I put a serum in it. It worked so good, my hair is extremely soft!!

Ylva
November 6th, 2023, 03:01 PM
Clarified my hair. Now it's drying in a towel turban.

Greengable
November 8th, 2023, 12:02 PM
Yesterday I put my senna on.
Today I am wearing braids.
Taking some herbal pills for collagen.
Eating an egg for dinner.

Greengable
November 10th, 2023, 03:51 PM
Today I have oiled it and washed with plants. Then I put my first bought conditioner in years on it and serum in ends. Then I waited for it to be dry and trim my split ends.
Now I will brush it and make braids for sleeping.

Kelp
November 10th, 2023, 05:03 PM
I brought out all of the stops after deciding I needed a little spa night.

Oiled last night with a touch of jojoba on the scalp and coconut and mask on the ends, shampooed, Olaplex no.3, shampooed again, conditioned, then spritzed a leave-in.

I also got a little massage from my bf, and he even bought me a little can of coconut water for me to sip on as I write this :heartbeat

I'm glad it's not my usual routine because that was a lot, but I feel so refreshed :o

Bat
November 11th, 2023, 03:20 AM
Dyed it Black for the last time today now the big challenge of no dye at all for 6 months!

cubancurlie
November 11th, 2023, 09:58 AM
Put my hair into plaits after a hair wash - trying to start getting used to having my hair away in preparation for the winter. Got into a cycle of always wearing my hair out especially as its getting longer after a no cut year.

SandyBottom
November 11th, 2023, 02:01 PM
I put some coconut oil in it today which I haven't done in a long time. It feels good. Tomorrow will be wash day.

eunioa
November 11th, 2023, 05:58 PM
I have a deep conditioning hair mask in my hair right now, once I rinse it out ill probably do the LCO method

fairy_hair
November 12th, 2023, 12:03 PM
This morning, I put olive oil in my hair, washed it, and now that it's dry I have French braided it and applied olive oil to the ends to protect them while I sleep. Feels so good :)

Greengable
November 13th, 2023, 01:26 PM
I have washed again lol after my experience with cream+oil (ouch) just a drops of oil in medium and ends and let it dry before braiding it and for bed.

angel-baby
November 13th, 2023, 01:31 PM
This feels like a really weird thing to admit but I love the results so I'm going to just say it: I shaved part of my hairline! I didn't mess with the entire thing, or take it further back, but I had two random wisps of hair on the left side of my forehead and temple that didn't match the right side. It made my forehead look much narrower than the rest of my face (super weird) and just made a weird shape. Finally I got brave and used a little eyebrow shaping razor to remove the wisps, and it looks so much better! My face looks more balanced and oval vs oblong -that little bit of width through the temples made a huge difference.

rosenester
November 14th, 2023, 06:49 PM
I washed with ion hard water shampoo- my hair was getting tangly at the ends and I couldn’t stand it anymore. I conditioned and dried for 10 min in a microfiber towel, and applied cantu curling cream for the first time. It smells amazing, but may be too greasy for my hair type. Airdrying loose and the definition looks great for this stage in the process so looking forward to seeing it fully dry (in the morning lol)

ETJ CURLS
November 14th, 2023, 07:16 PM
I braided up my hair for bed.

Ylva
November 15th, 2023, 12:03 AM
Something very rare: a morning hair wash.

I'm trying hard to not go longer than 48 hours between hair washes now. I was recently lazy and went too long between washes, and I think I'm now a bit indebted to my scalp.

Greengable
November 15th, 2023, 01:34 AM
Yesterday I made myself a silk turban and I'm so happy with it, this morning I just loosened the braids, untangled them with my fingers and made a loose bun.

ETJ CURLS
November 15th, 2023, 08:27 PM
I unbraided my english braid, and now I'm rebraiding in two braids so I can wear a wavy ponytail tomorrow or the day after.

angel-baby
November 15th, 2023, 09:30 PM
Scalp massage after wearing claw clips all day

SandyBottom
November 17th, 2023, 06:02 PM
Except for Monday, I've been giving my scalp a break from all hair toys by wearing a Pinless Nautilus all week.

ETJ CURLS
November 18th, 2023, 06:49 AM
It feels dry due to the gel I used yesterday, so I'm spraying some jojoba oil leave-in to soften the cast.

Greengable
November 19th, 2023, 01:03 PM
Now it's time to apply growth serum at the roots, massage, serum at the ends, then detangle and put the braids to sleep.

Priska
November 19th, 2023, 02:46 PM
I made hot oil treatment in a new way, I made me a high ponytail on top of my head and oiled the ponytal (before this i just kept my hair in a mug full of hot coconut oil letting my hair hang down from both sides of my head to the mug as long as the oil was hot). When my oiled hair was up in a ponytail, I braided it (braiding makes the result better for some reason) and made a bun from it. Covered it with a plastic bag and woolen hat and slept my night dreams. Shampoo and thick conditioner sitting in my head for 20 minutes and vinegar rinse in the morning. Very nice to get the shine from oil also to my upper hair! (Not quite to the scalp anyway.) Oo I love oils, they really are the savers of my hair, because they never get crunchy in my hair, like sugary treatments often times do. And the result was great!

Chasemi
November 20th, 2023, 12:26 PM
Leaving oil in my hair, which is in a bun. I can't decide whether to wash it yet or not, conditioned it yesterday but it's been over a week since shampoo

angel-baby
November 20th, 2023, 02:14 PM
Pre-wash scalp oiling

ETJ CURLS
November 22nd, 2023, 06:39 PM
The whole works this afternoon, wash, detangle, purple shampoo, deep treatment, and finally twisting it up. I finished my mini twists in record time, 45 in total in under two hours! :cheer:

rosenester
November 23rd, 2023, 11:52 AM
Washed bangs and dried on cool setting with blow dryer, now taking down my claw clip top bun from washing on tuesday to brush out and wear down . It smells amazing, I conditioned with hello hydration and used cantu curl cream for leave in. It’s the perfect sweetness and blend of coconut and floral scent. Hope it lingers now that it’s loose :o

ETA, :laugh: that was a bit of a fail. Very easy to detangle, but the waves and wurls were mangled. That usually gives me a nice blow out look! I did a quick water refresh and scrunched in some serum (wishing I had some mousse or gel on hand but it’s looking better now) :thumbsup:

Greengable
November 23rd, 2023, 01:56 PM
I have detangled and put a Serum to help hair grow at the roots and jojoba oil on the ends. Then I did an inverted massage (if I don't detanlgle first it's the end of the world) and then I brushed and braided again and then put the silk cap on the bed. Tomorrow it's time to wash it.

Username xD
November 24th, 2023, 02:45 AM
Got rid of 9 inches

Username xD
November 24th, 2023, 02:46 AM
Aw, I guess my ancient posts where deleted.

angel-baby
November 26th, 2023, 05:34 PM
Search and destroy

rosenester
November 29th, 2023, 03:50 PM
S&D followed by clarify wash and deep condition. I saw far too many splits in the sun today, and it was tangling too much for my liking down. After it dries, I’m going to bun it and keep it bunned for the rest of the week.

tseh
November 30th, 2023, 12:48 PM
I kinda forgot my hair for a while and left it alone, basically only washing and wearing braids/buns. Atm watching videos from youtube and S&D.

ETJ CURLS
December 1st, 2023, 11:46 AM
Just washed and conditioned, braiding it up now. :)

fairy_hair
December 1st, 2023, 06:42 PM
French plait to keep it pretty and tangle free. :)

ETJ CURLS
December 4th, 2023, 08:16 AM
I'm taking my braids down and S & D-ing Fairy knots

Ylva
December 4th, 2023, 08:56 AM
Clarified it; about to use K18.

fairy_hair
December 4th, 2023, 08:59 PM
Waiting to go home from mini holiday to wash my hair properly with a pre-oiling and lots of conditioner, then I will S&D for any damage. Until then, back to my bun as been wearing it in a French plait for days now. Been very pretty but got to look after the health again now!

Nefcerka
December 5th, 2023, 02:41 AM
I´ve drenched my length in oil, because I fancy wearing it in a braid these days and I want to avoid damage. The braid looks very sleek, neat and does not frizz.

fairy_hair
December 7th, 2023, 01:47 AM
Had my hair drenched in almond oil in a bun on top of my head for about 20 hours now (didn't get time to wash it), so having a bath and will wash my hair finally. Wonder if it's going to show any better results than usual with that long soak...

ETJ CURLS
December 7th, 2023, 06:19 AM
I wanted to do a bun on dry tangly hair, so I've applied some leave-in to the ends and a nice hair cream to the top, brushed and smoothed everything in, and it came out looking and smelling great.

Simone_Fatale
December 7th, 2023, 06:50 AM
A hot oil treatment & going to moisturize a lot after rinsing. Feels like a rough dry kind of day for my hair.

longway
December 7th, 2023, 11:51 AM
I've been on a DIY streak too. Did a deep conditioning mask last night, and tonight's plan involves a messy bun with coconut oil. Gotta keep the hair game strong during these nocturnal adventures. What's your go-to late-night hair routine?

Ylva
December 7th, 2023, 12:27 PM
Washed my hair (with shampoo) and didn’t use any conditioner. I’m going to experiment with using only serum.

Simone_Fatale
December 7th, 2023, 12:28 PM
It depends if I'm going to work in the morning or no. If I'm not working, I usually drench it in a deep conditioner, a DIY mask, some sort of oil, pack it in foil, a woolen cap over it and leave it overnight to wash out in the morning. If I am, I wash and style as usual or if it's not a wash day of the week I wrap it and put it in a silk bonnet.

If it's my K18 maintenance time, I clarify and apply K18 as early as I can, sleep in a silk bonnet with no products except K18, and then in the morning if I'm not in a hurry wait for around 20-24 hours since K18 application to rewet the hair and deep condition.

Chasemi
December 7th, 2023, 12:29 PM
Applied some oil and put it up with my new fork! Ignoring it for the rest of the day (:

Mira Lynne
December 7th, 2023, 01:31 PM
Letting it be, because I am sick, but finally ordered a satin pillow and hair cap. :)

ETJ CURLS
December 10th, 2023, 02:20 PM
Just finished washing and applying a nice treatment, and after braiding it I'm pressing the top flat with a durag for about an hour or so for a nice smooth finish.

rosenester
December 10th, 2023, 03:05 PM
About to wash, do a K18 treatment, and condition. I have 3 different curl creams in rotation, may go with cantu today, and end with shea moisture mousse

angel-baby
December 11th, 2023, 06:11 PM
Just finished a S&D session

DeeDoesStuff
December 11th, 2023, 07:06 PM
I'm letting it air dry after an experiment with Rhassoul clay went awry.

I did an emergency wash with my usual routine, and added some jojoba oil. Went for a nice walk in this chilly weather and am about to braid it once it completely dries, put it in a sleep cap and call it a night.

fairy_hair
December 11th, 2023, 10:45 PM
Just put my hair up in my scrunchie bun for the day and will ignore it until the evening.

Simone_Fatale
December 12th, 2023, 12:24 AM
Putting leave in conditioner on my ends and a wig cap over it to soak the excess.

Bat
December 12th, 2023, 04:58 AM
Dis regard post

Bat
December 12th, 2023, 09:14 PM
Shaved it off for the first part of the no Dye Challenge next year

fairy_hair
December 12th, 2023, 10:39 PM
Got it in my low scrunchie bun for the day, and realised I can now clearly see three thick rolls of hair instead of two! So good to see progress. Also need to buy more extra big scrunchies because the smaller ones are not quite enough for my bun anymore!

SandyBottom
December 13th, 2023, 06:06 PM
Honestly? I'm patting the top of my head gently. Really. It feels like the hair on top is thicker, like there's some padding up there or something.

Simone_Fatale
December 14th, 2023, 12:58 AM
Air drying and adding juuuust a little bit more of leave in to the ends. The suckers can't get enough.

ETJ CURLS
December 14th, 2023, 12:56 PM
I just finished very carefully braiding in 4 sections, starting flat to my head and really taking my time to make sure I had no stray hairs pulling in random directions. Thankfully nothing was snapping or tugging painfully!

Simone_Fatale
December 16th, 2023, 04:07 PM
Just finished my K18 treatment, waited it to activate, added a fair amount of leave-in cream and a bit of argan oil, leaving it to air dry to keep up with no heat in 2024... Had some breakage, but not a lot considering I bleached my hair 4 times this year. It's gonna be a long journey to virgin, healthy hair but now that it dried a bit it feels silky and looks great, there's hope. I just have to wait out a year or two.

ArtOfNoot
December 16th, 2023, 11:43 PM
Keeping up with this BBB experiment for the 3rd week in a row

fairy_hair
December 17th, 2023, 04:38 AM
Just washed it after I soaked it in almond oil for a few hours. Feels so good every time, I never wash it without applying oil first now.

ETJ CURLS
December 17th, 2023, 11:49 AM
I decided to try dry bushing my curls again but try a bunch of different products since I'm about to wash and reset, as well as testing out a method from a youtuber I enjoy, CoilyDiaries, and I MAY have stumbled onto a combination I like!?

So I've just finished using my spray jojoba leave-in plus some thermal serum together, and all of a sudden my denman paddle brush was gliding through my hair! I twisted everything up in loose large sections, and currently all the products are just chilling in a bun until I get to washing.

lapis_lazuli
December 17th, 2023, 12:47 PM
So I actually got around to doing something about my brassy ends. I've been wanting to try to match them to my root colour for so long and finally took the plunge.

Between semi-permanent dyes and colour conditioners, I went with the latter and got a dark brown one from IGK (Brown Bella). I applied it to my ends dry and left it on for 20-25 minutes to get as intense an effect as possible. I started at the tips and only went up to around FTL because 1) it was a lot harder to work with on loose, dry hair than I anticipated and 2) I wouldn't have had enough product to do my whole head.

Upon rinsing, the water ran a brown-blue colour, which I thought was promising to combat the orange undertones. And my hair felt really nice and smooth, no doubt because of the cones. After drying, the ends were noticeably much darker than before with no clear demarcation line where I'd stopped the colour. It was basically exactly what I was hoping for.

I was only slightly disappointed when holding my ends to my roots and seeing the orange tones are still visible contrasted with my very cool dark roots. This might be to be expected and maybe I can never truly get rid of them but... I ordered another colour conditioner, this time in black. My plan is to do another application with a mix of the brown and black to go even darker. I don't care if it ends up darker than my roots or even actually black, I just want to try to cover it. And if I do mess it up, I'll wash it all out eventually.

lithostoic
December 17th, 2023, 06:23 PM
Put some almond oil in it, feels very soft

constancev18
December 19th, 2023, 08:11 AM
Protected under a satiny scarf but may be time to detangle in shower.

cadaverinna
December 19th, 2023, 10:36 PM
Avoiding it.

I have chronic migraines but I'm in a specially harsh fit now and know I'll chop it off if I have to deal w it or feel it's weight. The weight part is the biggest issue here and I can't seem to find a way to style it so it doesn't tug on my scalp or neck. Awful. Even crown braids, that usually do it for me, aren't distributing enough weight. Buns are out of question and normal braids also hurt. Haven't washed it in 10ish days. I'm going crazy.

ArtOfNoot
December 19th, 2023, 11:35 PM
Avoiding it.

I have chronic migraines but I'm in a specially harsh fit now and know I'll chop it off if I have to deal w it or feel it's weight. The weight part is the biggest issue here and I can't seem to find a way to style it so it doesn't tug on my scalp or neck. Awful. Even crown braids, that usually do it for me, aren't distributing enough weight. Buns are out of question and normal braids also hurt. Haven't washed it in 10ish days. I'm going crazy.

Oh no! That sounds rough! Have you noticed more or less pain with the way you secure hairstyles? Like spin pins, hair forks, bobbies?

I wish I could attach 100 balloons to your hair and make it weightless

fairy_hair
December 20th, 2023, 06:36 AM
Changed my daily and nightly bun to a braided version of the same technique as my hair started to come down when sleeping on the regular version! I think because it's gotten longer (beyond waist) - maybe from the weight of it, or maybe wrapping more times around is too much for the scrunchie to keep all in place... either way, now I braid it and then put that into my scrunchie bun most of the time just for extra security. Definitely not coming out now!

lapis_lazuli
December 20th, 2023, 04:24 PM
Avoiding it.

Do you have a sleep cap? I've thrown my hair loose in mine when I couldn't style it. It might tangle up eventually but silk lining helps a lot. I'm sorry you're going through that :blossom:

SandyBottom
December 20th, 2023, 05:49 PM
Avoiding it.

Ugh! Sorry you're going through this. I do second what lapis_lazuli suggested (I get migraines too). My hair doesn't even tangle inside it and it keeps it protected (Bonus: It doesn't matter how long it's been since you washed it because it's covered).

cadaverinna
December 20th, 2023, 08:09 PM
Oh no! That sounds rough! Have you noticed more or less pain with the way you secure hairstyles? Like spin pins, hair forks, bobbies?

I wish I could attach 100 balloons to your hair and make it weightless

Crown braids w spin pins and french rolls w that kind of bent fork are the best for me, but it's still too much rn, so I've decided to just lay down the whole day today and didn't feel the weight.
I also think A LOT about tying balloons to my hair lol

Do you have a sleep cap? I've thrown my hair loose in mine when I couldn't style it. It might tangle up eventually but silk lining helps a lot. I'm sorry you're going through that :blossom:

Yes, but I think the band would worsen my migraines. I've been sleeping w my hair loose on

Ugh! Sorry you're going through this. I do second what lapis_lazuli suggested (I get migraines too). My hair doesn't even tangle inside it and it keeps it protected (Bonus: It doesn't matter how long it's been since you washed it because it's covered).

As I told lapis, I'm worried about the band making it worse, so I think I'll just try to stay laying down for as long as possible. Thank you for caring <3

Today I actually managed to co-wash it in the pool(no chlorine) and took an afternoon aura migraine nap as it dried, so I wouldn't feel the weight. Now I'm laid down w a ton of pillows to forget about it lol

cookies
December 21st, 2023, 05:39 AM
I’m soaking it in an SMT and then I’ll try styling it with a gel for the first time ever, hope it goes well :lol:

fairy_hair
December 21st, 2023, 08:00 AM
Avoiding it.

That sounds awful! Have you tried a super loose braid just so it won't go everywhere, and feels 'down' rather than pulling anywhere? That's all I can think of because that's what I do if I have a headache that's not cooperating with any bun/clip/"up" style.

ETJ CURLS
December 21st, 2023, 10:50 AM
Just finished rinsing and conditioning it, and now it's drying in three braids, with one bantu knot at the front so I can have a loose curly bang for later. :D

cherrymerry
December 22nd, 2023, 02:28 AM
Using leave-in conditioner and trying to be more gentle while detangling. Also trying to solve the mystery of the amount of breakage I get on my faceframing layers. The hair might be too dry? Maybe it's a hormonal issue? Hmm

ArtOfNoot
December 22nd, 2023, 12:02 PM
Does thinking long hair thoughts count? :p
Washed my hair yesterday and its living in a bun now. I'm hoping to keep it in a bun for the next few months, lets see if I get lazy and opt for a braid when school picks back up again

Simone_Fatale
December 22nd, 2023, 01:32 PM
It's drenched in deep conditioner, keeping it wrapped up in plastic & a woolen cap on top to get extra heat, leaving it about an hour gives me very good results.

ETJ CURLS
December 23rd, 2023, 06:39 AM
A little shower-steam treatment to revive the curls without rewetting them. :)

Chasemi
December 23rd, 2023, 07:24 AM
Just bought Olaplex :cool:

rosenester
December 23rd, 2023, 11:17 AM
I finished crocheting a new ear warmer headband so I can have a nice warm head in the wintry cold while keeping my hair in a bun, it’s wider and thicker than my others and ohhh so soft!

ETJ CURLS
December 23rd, 2023, 06:05 PM
Trying to part it in a half up half down and braid the bottom to have braidwaves for tomorrow!

RavennaNight
December 25th, 2023, 01:57 PM
I am happily winding down another hectic holiday season in retail with a restful spa day at home. Meaning, I’m getting all swampy with henna and indigo, giving my roots a much needed touch-up. :)

ETJ CURLS
December 26th, 2023, 09:37 PM
Attempting to do pin curls for the first time. I have those long bobby pins that are used for rollers so we'll see if they hold okay!

Für immer
December 29th, 2023, 09:49 AM
Have just added dye to my roots, and currently waiting for when I can start rinsing it out.
Had planned on doing it before christmas eve, but felt too lazy to do it then, so did it now although I'm pretty sure that if it wasn't for the fact I'm meeting up Tatsu tomorrow I wouldn't have bothered. :laugh: