PDA

View Full Version : What are you doing to/for your hair right now?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

Reservechic
March 24th, 2018, 10:13 AM
1. Pre-pooed with coconut oil.
2. Washed my hair with Jessicurl Cleansing Cream
3. On soaking wet hair, applied Shea Moisture's JBCO Leave-In Conditioner (the older version), going section by section.
4. Applied Shea Moisture's JBCO Smoothie to my hair in sections, detangled each section as I went along, and I styled my hair back into a bun.
5. My hair is currently air drying.

Kat-Rinnč Naido
March 24th, 2018, 11:25 AM
Soaking the ends in coconut oil. Tomorrow is wash day.

Dark40
March 24th, 2018, 06:01 PM
I've co-washed trying this new product to me called, "Herbal Essence Hello Hydration," and I love it!!! :D It makes my hair feel very nice, soft, and moisturized!!!

Joules
March 25th, 2018, 04:31 AM
It's a heavy oil treatment day and I've got a couple of new oils, sooo excited!

I'm soaking my hair in a mix of grapeseed, jojoba and avocado oils, lanolin and cocoa butter. Then I'll wash it out with a gentle sulfate free-shampoo followed by a matching conditioner, then afterwards I'll apply some R&B from Lush and a few drops of Argan oil, which I've never tried before.

Stray_mind
March 25th, 2018, 04:45 AM
Just admiring how thick the base of my ponytail looks compared to what it used to look. :D

lakhesis
March 25th, 2018, 05:15 AM
I will wash my hair today, so right now my hair is soaked in coconut and argan oil (that was on overnight) and a hair mask :)

Dark40
March 27th, 2018, 01:04 PM
Right now I've just washed my hair with my Herbal Essence Shampoo for color-treated hair, and I conditioned with Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Conditioner. I applied the ORS Wrap/Setting Lotion. Now, I'm letting it air-dry up to 6 or 7 hours. Then, I'm going to blow-dry my hair for only 5 minutes.

Milady_DeWinter
March 27th, 2018, 02:12 PM
Washing just 2 times a week, and wearing my hair up 5/7 days a week. This week will be harder since I'll delay my Wednesday wash until Thursday - we are going out with friends, since this friday is my bf birthday, and I prefer to wear my hair loose or in a half up when I'm out and about.

I'm also so in love with the pre-poo oiling using avocado oil, I feel my hair much more moisturized; my curls are coming back and very defined! :D

Sarahlabyrinth
March 27th, 2018, 02:23 PM
Enjoying the fact that my hair finally looks nice with hairsticks, it was too short before to look good, I think, but now it looks to have "adjusted" to sticks and likes them. I feel a spending spree coming up... :rolleyes:

Nieve
March 27th, 2018, 03:50 PM
leaving coconut oil in the ends of my hair overnight as it's wash day tomorrow. (i tried the coconut oil on my scalp overnight a couple of times, but my hair is already naturally greasy rn, so trying it just on the ends this time!) :)

prairie lark
March 27th, 2018, 07:22 PM
washed this morning and enjoying it down :)

Swan Maiden
March 27th, 2018, 09:14 PM
I had some leftover coffee so I did a caffeine soak to help with spring shedding and increase growth rate.

cjk
March 27th, 2018, 10:31 PM
Finger detangling, scrunching of my newly discovered curls, and protective updos.

And I'm gathering wood and materials to start making pretty hair toys.

vampyyri
March 28th, 2018, 08:13 AM
Tried out damp bunning yesterday, I have my hair down to dry the rest of the way today!

Dark40
March 28th, 2018, 08:35 PM
Today I've cut some bangs up to a little below eye-brow length. They came out really nice! I'm sorry that I don't have any photos to post. But they are very nice.

dancingfrog
March 28th, 2018, 08:42 PM
Air drying.

Natashap
March 29th, 2018, 02:49 AM
Ignoring ...

LawrenceSMarlow
March 29th, 2018, 02:59 AM
I had some leftover coffee so I did a caffeine soak to help with spring shedding and increase growth rate.

That sounds interesting, how do you do it, just pour it over your head?

JennGalt
March 29th, 2018, 01:42 PM
Trying out an avocado and aloe mask just to see what avocado does for my hair, and if I can successfully swap avocado for coconut milk on wash days on which I forget to thaw the coconut milk.

Also trying to come to terms with the shrinkage brought on by a sudden increase in humidity :wail: It looks like I chopped back to WL!

Kat-Rinnč Naido
March 29th, 2018, 02:33 PM
Just braided it. Now ready for bed.

Prism
March 29th, 2018, 03:08 PM
Oiling my ends, sitting in a recliner with a big towel protecting the chair.

Dark40
March 29th, 2018, 09:08 PM
Today I've taken down my 2 braids that I had for the last 2 days, and I wore my hair down. Tomorrow is washday. I am going to shampoo with Herbal Essence Shampoo for permed and color-treated hair, and I'm going to condition with Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Conditioner. Then, I'm going to deep condition with Queen Helene Cholesterol Conditioning Cream. I'm going to let that sit in my hair for 15 minutes, and I'm going to rinse it out. Then, I'm going to apply the ORS Wrap/Setting Lotion, and I'm going to let my hair air-dry up to 6 or 7 hours, and I'm going to blow-dry it for only 5 minutes.

shaluwm_agape
March 29th, 2018, 09:16 PM
Surprisingly i am not tempted to even touch it! Right this second my ends are lightly coated in marula oil waiting to be brushed

Dark40
March 30th, 2018, 09:36 PM
I've co-washed and deep conditioned my hair using Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Conditioner, and I deep conditioned with Queen Helene Cholesterol Conditioning Cream for 15 minutes. Then, I rinsed it all out, and I applied the ORS Wrap/Setting Lotion. Next, I let my hair air-dry up to 6 hours. Then, I blow-dried for only 5 minutes. My hair came out amazingly gorgeous!!! It is so very nice, soft, and healthy looking and feeling!!! Tomorrow is also going to be another washday as well.

Groovy Granny
March 30th, 2018, 10:07 PM
Applying Biosilk Lite Serum to the ends then put in twin braids to sleep.

It amazes me how the serum keeps it from drying out, and tomorrow the waves will be very soft and subtle :love:

Sarahlabyrinth
March 31st, 2018, 01:14 AM
Applying Biosilk Lite Serum to the ends then put in twin braids to sleep.

It amazes me how the serum keeps it from drying out, and tomorrow the waves will be very soft and subtle :love:

Will we get to see them? They sound lovely!

Katsura
March 31st, 2018, 01:58 AM
I'm letting it be at the moment. My DH is preparing traditional Finnish smoke sauna for today, so later it's oiling and protecting from heat with a towel for me.

leayellena
March 31st, 2018, 03:25 AM
WCC and air drying

Joules
March 31st, 2018, 05:02 AM
Right now I'm soaking my hair in a few pipettes of jojoba, avocado oil and lanolin, all diluted in hempseed oil. Then I'll wash it out with a gentle sulfate-free shampoo, followed by a matching conditioner. Then I'll try apple cider vinegar rinse, just to see what will happen. After washing I'll apply my regular R&B from Lush and a few drops of Argan oil.

I'm also starting my by-monthly niacin marathon. I haven't seen this method anywhere on this forum. I got Niacin injections from a pharmacy, but I'm not gonna inject it anywhere, instead I'll take two or three ampules and apply the liquid on my scalp with a syringe (without a needle). I'm gonna do it every day for a month. This method is super popular in Russia, I've been doing it every other month since October last year. I noticed a slight decrease in shedding, and as for growth rate - I measured a part of my fringe today and I'll measure it again in 30 days, I'll tell you if I see any extra increase.

Stray_mind
March 31st, 2018, 12:55 PM
Letting it air dry... Soon will take a monthly length photo.

Ophidian
March 31st, 2018, 04:30 PM
Buying it presents :mail:

Groovy Granny
March 31st, 2018, 05:13 PM
Buying it presents :mail:

Good one :rollin:

Ophidian
March 31st, 2018, 05:18 PM
Good one :rollin:

Why thank you :bounce:

Groovy Granny
March 31st, 2018, 09:52 PM
Why thank you :bounce:

LOL

Just finished air drying post shampoo; will apply Biosilk Lite Serum to the ends and do double braids to sleep = soft waves tomorrow :flower:

shaluwm_agape
April 1st, 2018, 01:37 AM
just washed hair so now it is air drying!

Milady_DeWinter
April 1st, 2018, 02:08 AM
Wearing it in a bun to study, as almost everyday. In the afternoon I'll oil pre poo and wash it, rinsing with rooibos and hibiscus infusion. I've pulled a muscle so may be my bf will have to help me a bit :shrug:

Waterlilly21
April 1st, 2018, 05:54 AM
Gonna oil my hair a bit today. II keep refreshing my tracking for shipping on my last hair purchases hoping It’ll update when I know it won’t becauss it’s Easter.

Groovy Granny
April 1st, 2018, 10:06 AM
Biosilk serum to the ends then bunned post night braids

Kat-Rinnč Naido
April 2nd, 2018, 12:15 AM
Did an S&D. Now soaking in a DT of coconut milk, oils and avg.

leayellena
April 2nd, 2018, 12:58 AM
Finished the last portion of moisturising leave-in conditioner.

Wendyp
April 2nd, 2018, 09:01 AM
Clarified with a sample of On The Rocks charcoal shampoo, olaplex sitting on my hair under a gel heat cap, about to use organix coconut milk conditioner with some honey, so I guess a smt of sorts.

Dark40
April 2nd, 2018, 02:55 PM
Today I've shampooed and conditioned my hair using Herbal Essence Shampoo for Permed and Color-Treated Hair, and my conditioner was Herbal Hello Hydration. Now, I'm sitting here letting it air-dry up to 6 or 7 hours. Then, I'm going to apply some Luster's Pink Oil Moisturizer, and I'm going to blow-dry for only 5 minutes. I can't wait for the end result!

chomsky
April 2nd, 2018, 03:12 PM
I just ran my wet hands over my plaits, undid them, added some oil and re-plaited. :o

reilly0167
April 2nd, 2018, 06:38 PM
Hair air drying and gave it a light snippet of a trim by doing it curl by curl.

JennGalt
April 2nd, 2018, 08:32 PM
Bought some hair scissors and did some S&D and a microtrim. Wasn't gonna start microtrimming 'til I hit my goal, but I some splits developed this week and they had to go. Much better now.

AutobotsAttack
April 2nd, 2018, 08:56 PM
Was experiencing dryness due to buildup. I don’t know why I haven’t been paying attention to it lately, but last few washes felt rather off. Felt a bit gritty and dry, and like nothing was able to get into my hair. So a much needed clarifying wash is at hand.

My husband has some very good quality shampoo he uses for his SD, my scalp was feeling very itchy and irritated today so I washed with his shampoo twice, and shampooed the length as well.

I’ll be following up with a light protein treatment, a deep conditioning treatment, and will braid up my hair for some nice braid waves tomorrow. I’m going to be up for a bit though lol

Groovy Granny
April 2nd, 2018, 09:16 PM
I am applying Biosilk Lite Serum on the ends then put in double braids to sleep

divinedobbie
April 2nd, 2018, 11:32 PM
Did an SMT as a wash on Saturday night but my ends are still feeling and looking really dry so I applied coconut oil this afternoon. I was going to wash it out tonight but then decided I might as well wait until tomorrow morning to wash my hair. It's weird, looks like either the oil is completely soaking in in minutes or vanishing because my ends still look crispy.

leayellena
April 3rd, 2018, 02:10 AM
my leave-in bottle is empty now and I use it as spritz bottle to dampen my hair. I couldn´t find a spritz bottle so easy to handle! this one is great. I spritzed some warm water on my hair while there was still some leave-in in the bottle so my hair became manageable. now it#s in a bun that looks pretty much the same like the braided cinna although I tried to do something pretty with my hair... hm... anyway I like my bun because it lays flat around my head so I don´t have to worry about it getting loose or something. later today I will wash my hair and take the length shot for this month :O

Joules
April 3rd, 2018, 09:00 AM
It's wash day!
I put a few drops of argan oil in my hair yesterday evening (it was a bit greasy at the roots, might as well be a bit greasy all over, I braided it anyway). Now I'm putting a tablespoon of hemp seed oil in my lengths for about an hour, then I'll wash my hair as usual.

Larki
April 3rd, 2018, 09:05 AM
Did an SMT as a wash on Saturday night but my ends are still feeling and looking really dry so I applied coconut oil this afternoon. I was going to wash it out tonight but then decided I might as well wait until tomorrow morning to wash my hair. It's weird, looks like either the oil is completely soaking in in minutes or vanishing because my ends still look crispy.

Try a different oil!

divinedobbie
April 3rd, 2018, 10:42 AM
Try a different oil!

What would you recommend? #1 on my list to try is sweet almond oil but I can only find it in this huge 1 L bottle in the store and it is so expensive and I just want a little bottle to give it a try.

Larki
April 3rd, 2018, 11:01 AM
What would you recommend? #1 on my list to try is sweet almond oil but I can only find it in this huge 1 L bottle in the store and it is so expensive and I just want a little bottle to give it a try.

You might have good luck with camellia or avocado oil.

My hair is currently marinating in leave-in conditioner and Nightblooming hot cocoa oil. I'll do a scalp-only wash tomorrow evening, and then wash day is on Sunday.

Wendyp
April 3rd, 2018, 11:15 AM
Maybe clarify or do ACV. I think my ends get yucky when I need to clarify.

Dark40
April 3rd, 2018, 12:10 PM
Applied some Africa's Best Kids Organics Grow Strong Therapy to my hair. Then, brushed it really good, and I put it a ponytail and half-bun. Tomorrow is going to be washday.

divinedobbie
April 3rd, 2018, 08:30 PM
Maybe clarify or do ACV. I think my ends get yucky when I need to clarify.

Good news is after re-applying the coconut oil and sleeping with it, and then doing an SMT to wash it out, my hair feels really soft and wonderful! Hopefully it lasts.

Natashap
April 4th, 2018, 03:22 AM
In deep mask ...then shower and get ready.

Groovy Granny
April 4th, 2018, 09:54 AM
I am passing on my mid-week wash; it is raining and I don't feel the need for it.....so I used my BBB and will stretch it until Friday.

It is in a low/loose ponytail held with my self-made crocheted scrunchie.

Rebeccalaurenxx
April 5th, 2018, 04:16 PM
doing a deep treatment with a heat cap on :)

Dark40
April 5th, 2018, 04:49 PM
I've just washed, shampooed, and conditioned my hair. I used Herbal Essence Shampoo for Permed/Color-Treated Hair, and Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Conditioner. Then, I sprayed some Isoplus Leave-In Conditioner. Now, I am lettting it air-dry up to 80% dry. Then, I'm going to apply some Luster's Pink Oil Moisturizing Lotion, and I'm going to blow-dry it for only 5 minutes.

ravenskey
April 5th, 2018, 05:13 PM
Just oiled ends in prep for tomorrow's wash and then plaited for sleep. :sleep:

Waterlilly21
April 5th, 2018, 05:46 PM
Just got apricot kernel oil. Oiled my hair (tiny amount of oil) to see how it smoothes my hair and ends. Now I have apricot and almond oil and love them both for my hair! Brushed my hair and going to bed, seeing how my hair will look tomorrow after a night with this oil on it.

Sarahlabyrinth
April 5th, 2018, 05:54 PM
It's wrapped up after a wash :) It likes being washed.

leayellena
April 6th, 2018, 02:01 AM
Ah! It feels so good to apply a lot of leave-in conditioner.

Katsura
April 6th, 2018, 05:14 AM
I got my Sante Terra hair colour today via mail. I'm hoping to achieve nice even hair colour with a bit less red from henna.

Stray_mind
April 6th, 2018, 05:37 AM
Put it in a peacock twist and just letting it be. :)

Twig
April 6th, 2018, 06:21 AM
I have unbrushed hair in a hairband. Debating about whether to wash. Probably not, it's cold outside and I have a long weekend off. That will change if I start feeling itchy.

Ylva
April 6th, 2018, 09:52 AM
I’m traveling right now and didn’t have room in my luggage to bring a lot of hair products. Well, MORE hair products. I did bring quite a lot, anyway. I ditched a leave-in spray. My hair felt dry as a desert last night and today, so I applied some of my regular conditioner (which is actually a hair mask) on it and made some pigtail braids, if that’s what it’s called when you have one braid on each side. Soon off to burn all my money buying groceries in Norway and then it’s hair washing time!

Groovy Granny
April 6th, 2018, 12:37 PM
I applied Biosilk Lite Serum to my ends then bunned it to cut the sleep braid frizz.

Note to self: do NOT braid freshly shampooed hair :p

Milady_DeWinter
April 7th, 2018, 03:38 AM
Avocado oil + conditioner pre poo on it, I'll wash in about 20 minutes. After washing I'll rinse with a mix of rooibos, hibiscus, camomile and mint and lavender essence oils :) I wanna wear my hair down for my birthday, despite it's a rainy day :p

fhairyqueen
April 7th, 2018, 04:00 AM
I’m supposed to be washing it today , I was supposed to wash it yesterday too .... I’m really not feeling very motivated to bother as it gets so greasy so fast

hayheadsbird
April 7th, 2018, 05:22 AM
Almost air dry, might take a photo because it's looking lovely and wurly today.

Twig
April 7th, 2018, 08:04 AM
I’m supposed to be washing it today , I was supposed to wash it yesterday too .... I’m really not feeling very motivated to bother as it gets so greasy so fast

I'm right there with you...I don't heat dry and it's too cold to go outside with wet hair, feel kinda like I'm on house arrest with wet hair sometimes :-) so I sprayed on some coconut scent dry shampoo and threw it up in a twist in my one and only Ficcare. If I close my eyes I can pretend I'm on a warm beach somewhere instead of this ongoing Northern Indiana winter, lol:p

cjk
April 7th, 2018, 11:44 AM
Just used a turbie-twist for the first time. Well, the Dollar Tree version, at least. It IS microfiber.

Cutting down on friction and manipulation, so it'll keep growing longer.

fhairyqueen
April 7th, 2018, 11:51 AM
So did I
When I eventually washed my hair
I got a cheap one off eBay for about Ł2

Just used a turbie-twist for the first time. Well, the Dollar Tree version, at least. It IS microfiber.

Cutting down on friction and manipulation, so it'll keep growing longer.

hennalove
April 7th, 2018, 11:58 AM
I'm sitting with Red Raj henna on my hair trying a new spin by adding an electric heat cap in addition to my processing and heat caps. This should be interesting ;)

Kat-Rinnč Naido
April 7th, 2018, 12:50 PM
Tucked my hair in a silk sleep cap. Ready for bed.

Dark40
April 7th, 2018, 04:03 PM
I've co-washed my hair using Garnier Fructis Damage Eraser Conditioner, and my Isoplus Leave-In Conditioner. Now, I'm letting it air dry up to 6 or 7 hours. Then, I'm going to apply some Luster's Pink Oil Moisturizing Lotion, and I'm going to blow-dry it for only 5 minutes.

Dark40
April 7th, 2018, 04:07 PM

I know the feeling of greasy hair. Mine gets greasy very fast too. I have to wash everyday or every other day too......so that it doesn't get too greasy, and these days I don't believe in using dry shampoos. I don't like the sound of them. Because, I really think they can leave a coating or a film on the hair and scalp. So, I just go on ahead and do co-washes or use shampoo.

chiapommama
April 7th, 2018, 09:53 PM
Co washed with vo5 and air-drying.

Reservechic
April 9th, 2018, 01:59 AM
Washed my hair on Sunday with Shea Moisture's Manuka Honey & Yogurt Shampoo, deep conditioned with Shea Moisture's Manuka Honey & Yogurt Conditioner, applied Shea Moisture's Jamaican Black Castor Oil Smoothie to my soaking hair in sections, detangling with my Denman as I went along. Lastly, I styled my hair back into a bun and let my hair fully air dry.

For all of those that have not tried Shea Moisture's new Manuka Honey & Yogurt line, I highly recommend giving it a try. as, their shampoo and conditioner in this line, is honestly, in my opinion the best that Shea Moisture offers. No offensive smell, plus it makes my hair feel softer and well nourished overall. These products can be used on all hair types and hair textures, as well as natural, chemically treated, and heat styled hair too.

Stray_mind
April 9th, 2018, 02:05 AM
Air drying and finger combing from time to time.

Katsura
April 9th, 2018, 02:06 AM
I had to wash it because of my cranky scalp, now I'm waiting for it to dry. I used again my Moomin detangling spray in which I've added a few drops of avocado-oil. The oil ends up sitting at the surface of the liquid in the bottle so I need to shake it a bit before spraying.

Glitch
April 9th, 2018, 04:48 PM
Almond oiling :D

AutobotsAttack
April 9th, 2018, 04:54 PM
Relaxed my hair today.

After rinsing our the relaxer I deep conditioned for a bit, did a protein treatment, applied leaveins and now I’m air drying

Groovy Granny
April 9th, 2018, 05:01 PM
S&C and now air drying

Katsura
April 10th, 2018, 02:18 AM
I finally decided to go for Khadi's Dark Brown, and I'm sitting with the product in my hair. I like their fine powder a lot, it is not gritty at all. My DH got a gagging reaction because of the smell, it's no fun for him but I couldn't help myself for lol:ing a bit... :D

Stray_mind
April 10th, 2018, 02:36 AM
Sprayed a tiny amount of dry shampoo on the roots and put it up.

reilly0167
April 10th, 2018, 08:11 AM
Ah! It feels so good to apply a lot of leave-in conditioner.
I know, right? I thought i was the only one, yea!

reilly0167
April 10th, 2018, 08:21 AM
Sundays is wash day for me, but i been working long hours, i was just too tired to deal with my hair. Anywho, today i finally washed. Now its plopped in a t-shirt turban. I love the feeling of all my conditioning and moisturizing curl products, slowly soaking in my hair. Happy curls=)

BloomShine18
April 10th, 2018, 08:42 AM
Squishing and back to using some curl products. Trying to stay away from heat tools unless there is something super specific I want to do and let my natural curl come out to play.

Kat-Rinnč Naido
April 10th, 2018, 01:39 PM
Just tucked my hair into my usual sleep bonnet for the night.

Dark40
April 10th, 2018, 03:47 PM
Today I've shampooed my hair using Pantene Pro-V Moisture Balance Fusion Shampoo, and I sprayed some Isoplus Leave-In Conditioner, and then I'm going to blow-dry it for only 5 minutes. I can't wait to see the end results.

AutobotsAttack
April 10th, 2018, 10:45 PM
Flat twists!

Stray_mind
April 11th, 2018, 01:25 AM
Massaged my scalp and preparing to wash. I think i'll do an ACV rinse. Maybe it will soothe my itchy scalp.

Sarahlabyrinth
April 11th, 2018, 01:28 AM
Playing with my new Orangerium hair sticks and trying them in different buns.

Sarez
April 11th, 2018, 03:55 AM
Used Colourless hair colour remover to take out a couple of years of brown box dye over bleach. My roots tell me I'm ash bown (Ash high-lights from grey hair.), and I'm kinda diggin it :)

Stray_mind
April 11th, 2018, 04:01 AM
Air drying. Yes, my scalp feels Much better after an ACV rinse and my waves are more defined now.

shaluwm_agape
April 11th, 2018, 02:08 PM
I did a Epsom salt rinse last night

Larki
April 11th, 2018, 02:09 PM
I did a Epsom salt rinse last night

What does that do for your hair?

shaluwm_agape
April 11th, 2018, 05:46 PM
For me it definitely made it softer & sleeker. Its magnesium sulphate which is great for sooo much. I just let it absorb in water nothin fancy but definitely felt great. It also adds a bit of volume as well

MoonRabbit
April 11th, 2018, 06:48 PM
So I had some time to kill and I decided to try and learn some new buns. I went for the brioche bun because 1. it looks really pretty and 2. brioche buns are freakin delicious. Well my first two attempts were flops, then my third attempt finally held, so I snapped a quick picture. It looked nothing like the bun I was going for but it turned out to be SO beautiful...So I take it down to recreate this happy mistake..and 238475593 attempts later, I can not recreate it!!! :justy:

Stray_mind
April 12th, 2018, 01:29 AM
Put it in a braided half up.

leayellena
April 12th, 2018, 06:34 AM
Washing it.

Kat-Rinnč Naido
April 12th, 2018, 11:32 AM
Practising benign neglect.

Lumienkeli
April 13th, 2018, 06:19 AM
After jogging I washed my scalp with water only and the length with a moistureizer conditioner. My scalp is clean but my length looks i used glue instead of conditioner. When it was wet it was so soft and silky. I just checked the ingredients, there is no protein in that conditioner neither in my shampoo i am using for years now. Is it possible I need protein? There was an article about it but I can't find it.

Wendyp
April 13th, 2018, 10:04 AM
Sanarae on my roots for 3 hours with redken bonder midshaft To ends.

cjk
April 13th, 2018, 10:56 AM
First time, today, I've not touched my wet hair with a cotton towel.

Microfiber only.

We'll see what happens as it continues to dry.

MoonRabbit
April 13th, 2018, 10:58 AM
Finally doing a dt and washing after. I've been lazy and put off washing my hair for 9 days.

ravenskey
April 13th, 2018, 11:05 AM
Air drying after a CWC.

Definitely found my hair's prefered conditioner. It feels wonderful and soft which is a far cry from the frizzy dry mess it was a couple of weeks ago after experimenting with a so-called anti frizz conditioner shudder:

Ondine11
April 13th, 2018, 11:20 AM
I just slathered the last 3" of my hair with argan oil. :)

Sarahlabyrinth
April 13th, 2018, 08:09 PM
Just bunned it with a butterfly clip :)

school of fish
April 13th, 2018, 10:06 PM
I just did a full henna - usually I just touch up roots. Used a new batch of henna and it mixed up very differently than what I had been using previously. I'm curious to see if I come out with a different colour than usual - will have to wait until morning to find out!

Stray_mind
April 14th, 2018, 12:54 AM
Air drying and enjoying my waves.

school of fish
April 14th, 2018, 07:50 AM
I just did a full henna - usually I just touch up roots. Used a new batch of henna and it mixed up very differently than what I had been using previously. I'm curious to see if I come out with a different colour than usual - will have to wait until morning to find out!

Colour is richer, less resinous residue left on my hair - I LIKE this henna!!!

Katsura
April 14th, 2018, 08:35 AM
We went to sauna, so I took my avocado oil with me and oiled my hair and sat in the sauna steam with a protecting turban.

Reservechic
April 14th, 2018, 08:57 AM
Washed my hair with Shea Moisture's Manuka Honey & Yogurt Shampoo, afterwards I deep conditioned using my Huetiful Steamer and Shea Moisture's Manuka Honey & Yogurt Conditioner, after rinsing the conditioner out, I applied Shea Moisture's Jamaican Black Castor Oil Smoothie to my soaking wet hair in sections, detangling with my Denman brush as I went about each section, and lastly I put my hair back into a bun and my hair is air drying at this time.

Capybara
April 14th, 2018, 09:37 AM
It’s been up in a bun soaked in EVOO since early this morning. I’ll wash, condition, and treat myself to a blow dry before I go to dinner tonight. So close to BCL finally!

chiapommama
April 14th, 2018, 02:14 PM
Overnight grapeseed oiling last night. Washing tonight. My hair seems like it likes it as a leave in, so curious to see how it does as a treatment.

Dark40
April 14th, 2018, 03:12 PM
I've washed my hair with ORS Aloe Shampoo, and I deep conditioned with ORS Replenishing Conditioner. Then, I applied my Isoplus Leave-In Conditioner. Now, I'm letting it air-dry up to 6 or 7 hours. Next, I will apply some Luster's Pink Moisturizing Lotion, and I'm going to blow-dry for 5 minutes.

leayellena
April 15th, 2018, 01:46 AM
Some S&D. I don't have too much split ends, just normal... More like white dots and just one or two split ends...

Joules
April 15th, 2018, 07:41 AM
Soaking my hair in a deep oil treatments. Grape seed oil with rosemary and peppermint essential oils on my scalp (I loooooove the cooling tingling sensation peppermint gives me), and a mix of hemp seed, jojoba, avocado oils, shea and cocoa butters and lanolin on my lengths.

Then I'll wash it off with New shampoo bar from Lush. I went a bit crazy on butters in my oil blend cause I'm kinda scared of sulphates, I got this shampoo bar for an occasional deep cleansing of my scalp (like, once every 2 or 3 weeks), hopefully my scalp likes it and my hair will be fine.

Then I'll apply a moisturizing and nourishing mask from Eco Laboratorie for about 15 minutes. After rinsing it I'll apply R&B from Lush on my lengths, and seal it in with argan oil.

Also, I keep forgetting to mention niacin. I apply niacin on my scalp daily during the entire month of April.

LawrenceSMarlow
April 15th, 2018, 08:42 AM
Bought hair scissors and did my first S&D. Hid the scissors so DP doesn’t accidentally use them to cut his toenails ;):tmi:
Oiled the length and put it up in an almost-spock bun (not quite long enough).

Rakhshanda
April 15th, 2018, 12:09 PM
Made a henna+coconut oil hair mask and it made my neck length hair looking shiny and soft.Yay 😻

SnowDancer
April 15th, 2018, 07:52 PM
I've had hair sticks for the longest time but I just bought a hair fork and I feel like I've leveled up. :joy::joy:

I can't wait til it arrives and I can try it out.

leayellena
April 15th, 2018, 11:42 PM
right now I bunned my sleep braid into a braided l infinity. I´ll wash it later today.

Joules
April 16th, 2018, 12:05 PM
Applied a few drops of argan oil on the very ends and two ampules of niacin on my scalp.

Hair feels really nice after yesterday's dreaded sulphate wash. I guess it does need some deep cleansing every once in a while.

cjk
April 16th, 2018, 12:47 PM
Started curly girl today.

nycelle
April 16th, 2018, 12:52 PM
Applied a few drops of argan oil on the very ends and two ampules of niacin on my scalp.

Hair feels really nice after yesterday's dreaded sulphate wash. I guess it does need some deep cleansing every once in a while.

I don't use sulfates either (but it's because they make my scalp itchy.) So for a deep clean, I have a clarifying charcoal shampoo I use by Drybar. But other companies make it also, Hask for one. The activated charcoal in these shampoos work beautifully.

Starrydandelion
April 16th, 2018, 12:59 PM
SnowDancer, I hope you'll have fun playing around with your first hair fork (when it gets there) and that it'll work out well for you! :o

I lightly oiled my ends with three different hair oil treatments/mists and then bunned it. :)

SnowDancer
April 16th, 2018, 02:19 PM
Thanks Starrydandelion, I am so excited.

Can anyone recommend a good all natural oil just for my ends? They're a little crispy and while I do S&D, I don't intend to trim til the end of the year (at least).

nycelle
April 16th, 2018, 02:31 PM
Argan oil is my favorite. Not greasy at all. Only thing is, it does need to be used multiple times throughout the day- that's one of the reasons that I use a hair serum with oils and a silicone.
Another one I like is Sweet Almond Oil. Also a light, non-greasy oil. I find the others too heavy for my hair.

SnowDancer
April 16th, 2018, 02:58 PM
Thanks Nycelle, I will check those out! :)

ravenskey
April 16th, 2018, 03:18 PM
I love sweet almond oil for my ends and virgin coconut oil is also good for my super coarse hair but having to constantly melt it drove me nuts - light coconut oil might be better.

Joules
April 17th, 2018, 02:54 AM
I don't use sulfates either (but it's because they make my scalp itchy.) So for a deep clean, I have a clarifying charcoal shampoo I use by Drybar. But other companies make it also, Hask for one. The activated charcoal in these shampoos work beautifully.

I'd love to try a charcoal shampoo! They don't sell these brands where I live though, and one of my haircare rules is "use only products that are easy to find" :). My scalp is ok with sulfates, so it's not that big of a deal.

Dark40
April 17th, 2018, 12:53 PM
I've just shampooed and conditioned my hair using Pantene Pro-V Silver Expressions. I've just started out trying this new pantene product for silver and gray hair, and it is wonderful!!! And, the smell is just awesome!!! The conditioner also really softens my hair very nicely as well!!! Then, I applied some Isoplus Leave-In Conditioner, and I'm letting it air dry up to 6 or 7 hours. Next, I'm going to blow dry for only 5 minutes. Can't wait to see the end results!!!

Dark40
April 17th, 2018, 08:14 PM
I've blow-dried my hair, and it came out amazing! Tomorrow is going to be another washday.

Ondine11
April 17th, 2018, 08:23 PM
Just tied it up in a loose sleep braid for the night. Tomorrow is a shampoo day.

Krissycats
April 18th, 2018, 05:38 PM
I have my length coated in castor oil and bunned. I still look ok for my online meetings and I can wash my hair tonight.

ArienEllariel
April 18th, 2018, 06:08 PM
Well for now, I'm honestly just happy I bunned it so that I'd leave it alone.

My health hasn't been great lately and unfortunately it's showing in my hair. Add in too much benign neglect and the trichotillomania issues and I'm honestly really mad at myself for letting it get this bad. It's to the point you can see a bald patch in back unless I carefully bun or pony my hair. Or French braid/Dutch braid. I want pretty hair dang it!

nycelle
April 18th, 2018, 07:05 PM
I shampoo'd with a clarifying activated charcoal shampoo, then followed up with a cone free conditioner and cone free leave-in mask. Was expecting frizz and tangles everywhere but my hair feels soft, and I barely have any frizz.

Natashap
April 18th, 2018, 07:40 PM
neglecting as always

Larki
April 18th, 2018, 08:20 PM
Well for now, I'm honestly just happy I bunned it so that I'd leave it alone.

My health hasn't been great lately and unfortunately it's showing in my hair. Add in too much benign neglect and the trichotillomania issues and I'm honestly really mad at myself for letting it get this bad. It's to the point you can see a bald patch in back unless I carefully bun or pony my hair. Or French braid/Dutch braid. I want pretty hair dang it!

Me too, I'm my own worst enemy when it comes to my hair. I've put so much effort into growing it longer amd getting it healthier, I want to grow to terminal, but I sabotage myself every day by pulling it out.

I'm taking a bath, I have my scalp oiled with castor oil - I will cowash the oil out.

chiapommama
April 18th, 2018, 09:30 PM
Tonight was wash night, been trying out the CG method, but using sulfate free shampoo, because my head gets itchy co washing so I guess it's modified. So far liking it.

Katsura
April 18th, 2018, 11:44 PM
Trying to enjoy it. :D

Lumienkeli
April 19th, 2018, 05:45 AM
Soon i leave for jogging. Not just for my hair, but for my mind and whole body too. Then I might practicing yoga. I love streching and being in inverted poses. When I am watching the world upside down I feel I am in a different universe! :)

ArienEllariel
April 19th, 2018, 07:23 PM
Me too, I'm my own worst enemy when it comes to my hair. I've put so much effort into growing it longer amd getting it healthier, I want to grow to terminal, but I sabotage myself every day by pulling it out.

I'm taking a bath, I have my scalp oiled with castor oil - I will cowash the oil out.

Positive self care :) Today I trimmed some splits and used a lot of conditioner in the shower. Braided it after. Going to lightly oil tonight.

leayellena
April 19th, 2018, 11:47 PM
cinnabun my freshly washed and S&D´d hair

Sarahlabyrinth
April 20th, 2018, 12:47 AM
Keeping it bunned until bedtime.

Krissycats
April 20th, 2018, 01:02 AM
Braided for bed with argan oil on the tassels.

Milady_DeWinter
April 20th, 2018, 01:11 AM
I have slightly oiled the ends with avocado oil and got it bunned fot the day with an oval ONN (intergalactic, love that color!) :)

Joules
April 20th, 2018, 02:57 AM
Put a few drops of argan oil on the ends of my hair and braided my hair in two Dutch braids merging into one. My ends are extra dry and tangly, I haven't had this problem for quite some time. I guess it's because I didn't oil them before the latest wash (I washed with gentle sls-free shampoo, followed by a moisturizing mask with protein treatment mixed in, I thought I would be fine without oils. Seems like nope.) I think I'll put more argan oil into my ends overnight, tomorrow is wash day anyway.

school of fish
April 20th, 2018, 09:27 AM
Got my weekly henna on - roots full strength, gloss on length :)

Reservechic
April 20th, 2018, 03:44 PM
Now, I normally wash my hair once a week, only more if need be. My scalp eczema had started flaring up bad on me, progressively over the last 2 days, so I decided that the best thing to do would be to just wash my hair today, because I definitely wouldn't be able to make it until my next scheduled wash day is supposed to come around. So, I washed my hair with my Jessicurl Hair Cleansing Cream, DC'd with heat using the Jessicurl Deep Conditioning Treatment and my hair steamer, and then on soaking wet hair, I went section by section applying the Camille Rose Natural's Almond Jai Twisting Butter and detangling with my Denman brush as I went through each section, and after I had completed my entire head, I put my hair back into a bun, and it is currently air drying. My scalp is feeling better than it was before I washed it again, however, I am not sure exactly how long this bit of relief to my scalp will last. Plus, at the same time, my seborrhea can dermatitis on my face has been recently flaring up too (I am using a prescription topical steroid cream for that at this time), so any relief I get, I am super thankful for.

Dark40
April 20th, 2018, 08:02 PM
Today I wore my hair in a half updo with a jaw clip.

Dark40
April 20th, 2018, 08:04 PM
Put a few drops of argan oil on the ends of my hair and braided my hair in two Dutch braids merging into one. My ends are extra dry and tangly, I haven't had this problem for quite some time. I guess it's because I didn't oil them before the latest wash (I washed with gentle sls-free shampoo, followed by a moisturizing mask with protein treatment mixed in, I thought I would be fine without oils. Seems like nope.) I think I'll put more argan oil into my ends overnight, tomorrow is wash day anyway.

I have learned that too overtime that my hair can't do without oils. Especially, at least a light oil like olive oil or carrot oil. Also, especially with the type of hair I have which is chemically relaxed.

shaluwm_agape
April 20th, 2018, 09:18 PM
Its been in a french braid all day!

chiapommama
April 20th, 2018, 10:29 PM
Oiled with Africa's Best herbal oil. Gonna leave it overnight, and wash tomorrow.

chomsky
April 21st, 2018, 06:46 AM
Binned the plaits up to keep them out of the way.

Now they are comfortably resting on my shoulder (if not my collarbones), I have a habit of fiddling with them.

cjk
April 21st, 2018, 12:15 PM
Trying to help the straighter crown blend with the ringlet curls below. So I'm drying my crown hair in pin curls.

We will see what happens.

Joules
April 21st, 2018, 12:24 PM
Today I decided to try coconut milk for my hair. My hair doesn't always take coconut oil well, so I'm kinda scared and curious at the same time.

I mixed a small pack (65 gr) of coconut milk with about 100ml of a very thick hair mask (moisturizing and nourishing mask from Eco Lab), and applied it on dry hair. I tried to wet it, but it dried before I could even apply one third of the concoction :D so I applied it, wrapped my head in saran wrap and left it all to marinade under a warm hat for two hours. It washed out quite nicely, thanks to emulsifiers in the mask. Then I co-washed my hair with a conditioner from Natura Siberica (1st application) and mask from Sante (2nd application).

R&B from Lush and Argan oil as leave-ins/LCO, niacin on my scalp. So far so good.

Luna Starsetta
April 21st, 2018, 12:35 PM
I used the LOC method and I'm letting it stay down today. If it gets to windy for my liking I'll end up putting it into a loose side braid.

JennGalt
April 21st, 2018, 07:47 PM
Just bought some almond oil. Grapeseed oil has been a fave for years, but DH keeps stealing it to cook potatoes. I remember it worked well in a pinch a few years ago, so perhaps it deserves another try. And is unlikely to end up on potatoes.

Dark40
April 21st, 2018, 08:44 PM
Today I've co-washed my hair using the Wen Cleansing Conditioner and also the Intense Masque. I also used the Wen Cleansing Conditioner as my Leave-In Conditioner. Then, I braided my wet hair in 2 braids, and I'm letting it air-dry up until tomorrow. Right now, I still have it in 2 braids and it is still damp. So, tomorrow I will take it down and wear it down with lots of waves. I can't wait to see the end result!

chiapommama
April 21st, 2018, 09:59 PM
Wash day, Modified CG method with squish and condish . Drying now.

leayellena
April 22nd, 2018, 12:23 AM
Dampen it, apply leave-in conditioner and French braid it... Again ;)

shaluwm_agape
April 22nd, 2018, 01:24 AM
Just washed and conditioned! Now its air drying and will be detangled once I wake up

Dark40
April 22nd, 2018, 11:49 AM
I've taken down my 2 braids, and have applied some brocolli seed oil to the entire length, and also have brushed it in. Now, i'm wearing it down for the day.

leayellena
April 23rd, 2018, 03:12 AM
Moisturising

Dark40
April 23rd, 2018, 08:07 PM
Today I've washed my hair using Herbal Essence Shampoo for permed and color-treated hair, and I used Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Conditioner. Then, I applied my Isoplus Leave-In Conditioner, and next, I let my hair air-dry up to 7 hours. Then, I applied some Luster's Pink Oil Moisturizing Lotion, and I blow-dried for only 5 minutes. My hair came out amazing!!!

Katsura
April 24th, 2018, 02:11 AM
Trying some benign neclect. I think I'm getting a bit better in stretching my washes.

Joules
April 24th, 2018, 09:02 AM
I put hemp seed and grape seed oils with peppermint and rosemary e.o. on my scalp, and a mix of hemp seed oil, cocoa and shea butters and lanolin on my lengths. Lettin it soak in for a couple of hours, then I'm gonna wash it off with a sulfate-free shampoo from Eco Laboratorie, followed by intensive repair mask from Sante. Then I'll apply R&B from Lush and a few drops of argan oil (LCO method) in my lengths, and two ampules of niacin on my scalp.

Larki
April 24th, 2018, 09:05 AM
It's heavily oiled and up in a bun for the day. Tonight, I'll do a scalp-only wash.

reilly0167
April 24th, 2018, 07:46 PM
Did ROO, again did little snippets of a trim, when my curls clump together, and i go snip curl by curl; air dried and happy curls.

leayellena
April 25th, 2018, 12:08 AM
Bun my sleep braid

Dark40
April 26th, 2018, 01:33 PM
I've done a scalp only wash using Aussie Mega Moist Shampoo and Conditioner. Then, I applied my Isoplus Leave-In Conditioner, and I'm letting it air-dry up to 6 or 7 hours. Next, I'm going to apply some Luster's Pink Oil Moisturizing Lotion, and then I'm going to blow-dry for only 5 minutes.

Dark40
April 26th, 2018, 09:05 PM
I've blow-dried for 5 minutes after air-drying for 7 hours, and my hair came out amazing!!! It has lots of shine, and it is very soft and healthy looking and feeling! :)

leayellena
April 27th, 2018, 02:53 AM
Keep it in my sleep braid after yesterday's 30 min deep conditioning. My braid looks and feels thick and smooth. Love it.

Sarez
April 27th, 2018, 11:19 PM
Just random S & D

cjk
April 28th, 2018, 02:49 PM
Changing back to water only. Curly girl brought out my curls but did not agree with my hair.

Transitioning now.

C_Bookworm
April 28th, 2018, 02:54 PM
S&D. I just did a henndigo, and splits are easier to find right after a fresh henndigo.

nycelle
April 28th, 2018, 06:17 PM
About to do a gel to oil overnight deep conditioning treatment. It's one I haven't tried before so keeping my fingers crossed it does what it promises.

lithostoic
April 28th, 2018, 07:35 PM
I used a sulfate shampoo, deep conditioned, and now I'm plopping. Started with a microfiber and switched to a t-shirt after 30 mins. Had some nice ringlets! Think I will switch the t-shirt one more time. My hair would never dry if I didn't.

Natashap
April 29th, 2018, 01:25 AM
soaking in mustard oil .

Stray_mind
April 29th, 2018, 01:32 AM
Massaged sebum into it and waiting until i can wash.

zanelle
April 29th, 2018, 02:37 AM
LOC for my ends, kept it down for a brief walk in the garden to air dry it a bit, it was too wet.
Ate a full spoon of cod liver oil, coconut oil follows :)
Bunned it now securely and will wear it like this all day.

Reservechic
April 29th, 2018, 02:08 PM
I co-washed my hair with As I Am Coconut Co-Wash (I am only using up what I have left of this product in my stash-as I don't plan on buying anymore), and then I applied Darcy's Botanical's Sweet Cocoa Bean Moisurizing hair Whip onto my soaking wet hair, detangling each section with my Denman Brush as I went along, and now my hair is fully air dried. My scalp eczema had been flaring up really bad over the last few days, so I opted to skip shampooing my hair. I also switched up my styler, because I had gotten noticeable buildup with continued use of the Shea Moisture JBCO Smoothie, so I opted to wash my hair today, versus waiting until next week, because I definitely couldn't go any longer. Also, because it has gotten quite warm where I live at, my hair was experiencing hold with the JBCO Smoothie, but my hair was also feeling a bit on the greasy side whenever I would touch it. This may be due to all of the Shea Butter and other butters and oils in the Shea Moisture products that I have been using on my hair. Plus, the products have ACV in them that I have been using from Shea Moisture the most, so using ACV on a day to day basis, may not mesh well with my scalp either. Well, the weather where I'm at is The weather is definitely going to keep getting warmer and warm and the humidity is going to only get worse, so I plan to switch over to using gel again in my hair, starting next month. I have already got my eye on the new Ouidad Advanced Climate Control Anti-Humidity Gel (Stronger Hold version), because the heat and humidity down South definitely gets way out of control during the Spring and especially all the way during the Summer months for sure. I certainly hope this product doesn't cause any issues for my scalp and that I don't experience problems with buildup with it, because Ouidad products are very expensive, however, cheap drugstore gels just don't great for me anymore at all. My hair just rebels against them for some reason or another.

Mlarmour
April 29th, 2018, 02:49 PM
I’ve just put in cayenne pepper infused olive oil on my scalp and a coconut & castor oil mix on my ends. I massaged the olive oil into my scalp for 5 minutes using my massage tool before adding the oil mix. I’m going to cling film my head before I go to bed and wash it all out in the morning.

reilly0167
April 29th, 2018, 02:53 PM
Oiled my hair with avocado oil, co washed it out, applied my usual products and now its plopped. Will cut more snippets of my ends, curl by curl. It really helping curls; they are not snaggly and looks much healthy.

In case anyone wondering, what i mean curl by curl, when my curls clump together i go clump by clump and snip a bit of the ends. Its working very well for me, think deva cut, sort of.

Sarahlabyrinth
April 29th, 2018, 03:41 PM
Sitting here with it braided.

Alex Lou
April 29th, 2018, 07:08 PM
Benign neglect: It's 1 week post wash. I redid my bun this morning with just finger combing and haven't touched it since.

leayellena
April 30th, 2018, 12:18 AM
Right now I just bunned my braid. I will co-wash later today

Glitch
April 30th, 2018, 02:52 AM
Some jojoba oil on the length :)

Dark40
April 30th, 2018, 03:22 PM
Today I've shampooed and conditioned my hair using the Aussie Mega Moist Shampoo and Conditioner, and now I'm sitting her letting it air-dry naturally. Now, it is about 80% dry. I think that within the next 2 or 3 hours from now I can apply some Luster's Pink Oil Moisturizing Lotion, and I can blow dry it only up to 5 minutes. and then I'm also going flat-iron it as well.

leayellena
May 1st, 2018, 03:38 AM
S&D because it's still in the yesterday's Dutch braid and I will keep my Dutch braid for today because I am lazy. For Tomorrow I plan to bun it into a Nautilus

Joules
May 3rd, 2018, 11:32 AM
Oiled my hair with Argan oil (mostly ends, quite lightly) and braided it into two Dutch braids in the morning, because I had a trip to a swimming pool on my agenda.

Soaked my hair in chlorine water for an hour and a half, then undid the braids and rinsed my hair. Left it down to dry while I was walking home. Hair was ok and with very few tangles.

When I came home, I slathered it in a coconut milk + hair mask mask, left it for 3 hours. Then co-washed it all with a cheap cone-free conditioner, then applied a nourishing and moisturising mask from Eco Laboratorie.

ACV rinse, Argan oil and R&B from Lush after washing.

GrowlingCupcake
May 3rd, 2018, 11:36 AM
Pretty much just letting it grow out the back of my head. I washed it on Monday, added leave-in oil. Didn't bother brushing or bunning it so that's not great. But it doesn't seem to be too dry too far, and I'm hoping to do one more prewash oil soak before I dye it again next week.

nycelle
May 3rd, 2018, 11:42 AM
Tried flaxseed oil for the first time this morning. Hate the smell and it's not done anything for my hair. It's wash day so about to shampoo it out and do a deep conditioning treatment.

Stray_mind
May 3rd, 2018, 12:52 PM
Air drying before bed.

Glitch
May 3rd, 2018, 06:25 PM
Strangling it in the air while jumping and chilling on the trampoline. Lmao, the hair stick fell out and I don't have patience today :)

yahirwaO.o
May 3rd, 2018, 07:51 PM
Right now its all neglect in a black beannie, it is greasy as f because I straightened it and kinda tried to stretch my wash time for the longest time. Tomorrow ill wash it and ill go back to my regular routine and my regular texture. Also I have a nice meeting for tomorrow so i want it freshly washed!!! :O

Katsura
May 4th, 2018, 12:51 AM
Washed it this morning, oiled my lenghts lightly with avocado-oil.

ravenskey
May 4th, 2018, 10:19 AM
Just used up the end of Mum's tub of coconut oil - oh well she has another 2 in the cupboard.

Dark40
May 4th, 2018, 07:30 PM
Today I combed my hair in bangs, and wore a half-up hairdo with a jaw clip. Tomorrow is going to be washday and deep conditioning day.

chiapommama
May 4th, 2018, 09:33 PM
Just clarified with Neutrogena anti residue shampoo and conditioned with Tressemme Botanique conditioner. Drying now.

Zesty
May 5th, 2018, 06:35 AM
Doing a heavy oiling with Vatika coconut oil.

Reservechic
May 5th, 2018, 10:39 AM
Washed my hair with Argan Natural Macadamia Frizz Control Shampoo, then deep conditioned using the Argan Natural Macadamia Frizz Control Conditioner and my Huetiful Stramer, and then applied Ouidad's Advanced Climate Control Gel -Stronger Hold to sections of hair at a time, then detangled each section at a time, before then moving on to another section. After I had finished my entire head, I let my hair air dry. With this gel, it takes my hair way less to dry than before, which is a major plus. For those who have never tried this new gel, but that are interested, I can definitely say that it provides max hold for sure. I'm not someone who had been regularly using max hold gels, but I had to end up going back to such because my hair and scalp was in struggle mode. Now, I used to regularly use max hold styling gels on my hair in the past, but then had switched over to predominantly using styling creams in my hair, and very rarely using styling gel in my hair period. However, the weather has gotten incredibly warmer nowadays, and I was starting to experience some random pop up issues with frizz, and my hair taking upon a greasy feel to it. And, I was experiencing issues with increased buildup and my scalp eczema was starting to overly act up. So, I decided to switch up to a lightweight styling gel like the new Ouidad Advanced Climate Control - Stronger Hold gel, which is a liquidy type of gel, however, a little bit does go a long way with it, it does leave a crunchy gel cast, however, I am fully okay with that- because of just how well the gel works. This gel keeps my hair 100% frizz free, and very shiny, and I can set angle with it in my hair, and it has not causing an inferno with my scalp, and I have not experienced any flaking or buildup at all with it. It does have a citrusy, bordering on citronella type of scent to it. The scent is okay, so I am able to bear it. This has become my main go to styler. Yes, I chose to try it out without pairing it with anything else, because I wanted to experience the full effect of the gel. For those that use gel and happen to live in a tropical climate, or for those who are in need of a gel that will keep their hair totally frizz free throughout the most hottest months of the year, then I would highly recommend giving this product a try for sure. Of course Ouidad's products are pricey, however, a great place to shop for them is through dermstore.com (where I bought the regular full sized bottle- I used a coupon to get a percentage off+plus they offer free shipping too), and through ouidad.com (where I bought the liter size- used a discount code to do so with). Ouidad does offer really nice sales throughout the year, so that is always an option.

ravenskey
May 5th, 2018, 10:42 AM
Just washed my hair - which took over an hour! Thanks for breaking shower :mad: - now I'm drying without touching because I want to try and type it again - I've been seeing more waves and want see whether I need to change.

Dark40
May 5th, 2018, 05:17 PM
Today I've shampooed my hair with the ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo, and I deep conditioned with the ORS Replenishing Conditioner. Then, I applied my Isoplus Leave-In Condtioner, I've let my hair air dry for 6 or 7 hours. Now, I'm going to apply some Luster's Pink Oil Moisturizing Lotion, and I'm going to blow-dry for only 5 minutes, and then I'm going also flat-iron it for 15 minutes.

Ondine11
May 5th, 2018, 08:28 PM
Got the ends soaking up coconut oil for overnight. Tomorrow promises to be a nice, warm day, so I want it to look its best!

chiapommama
May 5th, 2018, 09:20 PM
Co washed with As I Am, squish to condish with Tressemme Botanique . Drying now.

brunettegirl
May 6th, 2018, 08:08 AM
It's a wash day! ☺️
I washed with shampoo and conditioner. Ended with ACV rinse. Air drying now.

lakhesis
May 6th, 2018, 10:49 AM
It has been oiled for three days now, I will be washing it tomorrow :)

nycelle
May 6th, 2018, 11:02 AM
It has been oiled for three days now, I will be washing it tomorrow :)

what's the benefit of oiling it for so long?

lakhesis
May 6th, 2018, 11:12 AM
Same as why I put a little bit of oil on my ends everyday. I am just at home, studying for finals, so I can oil most of my hair (I don't put it on my scalp). It will look the same after washing as when I just do overnight treatment, but I feel like it's protecting my hair :)

reilly0167
May 6th, 2018, 11:13 AM
Henna-ing my roots today.

Joules
May 6th, 2018, 02:18 PM
Hennaed my hair today.

In the shower I detangled my hair first with a cheap conditioner, then shampooed twice with Karite Spa shampoo for oily roots and dry lengths from Eco Laboratorie, then applied matching conditioner for ~20 min. Rinsed out the conditioner and then with a diluted ACV.

LCO: R&B from Lush and Argan oil

Glitch
May 6th, 2018, 11:36 PM
Oiling it with a mixture of different ones :)

leayellena
May 7th, 2018, 03:26 AM
The second time I could do a Nautilus on the whole hand and now I am walking around proud of myself ;)

Natashap
May 7th, 2018, 04:27 AM
Applying warmed coconut oil to hair.

Henrietta
May 7th, 2018, 11:45 AM
I've applied a moisturising/nourishing/soothing balm on my scalp and walnut oil on my length. Now I'm waiting for the timer to beep at 30 minutes and I'll be off to wash my hair.

Dark40
May 7th, 2018, 11:50 AM
I've co-washed my hair using Alberto VO5 Kiwi Lime Conditioner. Then, I applied Isoplus Leave-In Conditioner, and now I'm sitting her letting it air dry up to 7 hours. Next, I'm going to apply some Luster's Pink Oil Moisturizing Lotion, and then I'm going to blow-dry for only 5 minutes.

chiapommama
May 7th, 2018, 12:38 PM
Just refreshed my hair with conditioner water mix and scrunched in drops of Africa's Best oil. Letting air dry.

Lanalavallama
May 7th, 2018, 12:40 PM
I have stinky neem oil on my scalp.
Yowzers, the pong...

Stray_mind
May 7th, 2018, 12:40 PM
Air drying after a wash and an ACV rinse. :)

Glitch
May 7th, 2018, 09:11 PM
My was feeling randomly dry and rough all over the length, and after reading some threads, I realized it was most likely product build up from all the oil I've been experimenting with! I just showered with a strong sulphate shampoo, heavy conditioner, and nothing else. My hair is so soft and back to normal once again. It's just relaxing now, giving it a break :laugh:

Dark40
May 8th, 2018, 03:34 PM
Today I've co-washed my hair using Alberto VO5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze Conditioner, and then I sprayed some Isoplus Leave-In Conditioner. Right now, it feels very soft and moisturized! Now, it has been air drying for 4 in a half hours. Then, I'm going to apply some Luster's Pink Oil Moisturizing Lotion. Then, I'm going to blow-dry my hair for only 5 minutes.

melikai
May 8th, 2018, 03:51 PM
Mostly ignoring it. :p

Starchild494
May 8th, 2018, 06:27 PM
Egg
Olive oil
Honey

Masking it up at the moment listen to music chillin

spidergoat
May 8th, 2018, 07:01 PM
I did my first S & D this evening. I didn't count, but I think I found roughly 30 splits overall. Tonight I'll be massaging my scalp with some Chrome Dome EO blend mixed with jojoba and oiling the length with coconut. Tomorrow morning is wash day.

Natashap
May 8th, 2018, 10:38 PM
Air drying after a wash with Head and shoulders.

nycelle
May 9th, 2018, 09:10 AM
Washed and deep conditioned. Letting it air dry now without detangling. Being lazy today.

Dark40
May 9th, 2018, 05:19 PM
I've got my hair in 2 big plaits, and I'm going to take them down tomorrow.

Glitch
May 9th, 2018, 08:13 PM
A lot of S&D-ing that I didn't get to last month!

chiapommama
May 9th, 2018, 09:12 PM
Co washed and conditioned, gel and drying in a plop.

enting
May 10th, 2018, 04:05 AM
Putting Avalon Organics conditioner directly on my scalp. I have no idea why but it seems to calm my scalp down so I can stop picking at it and my hair.

zanelle
May 10th, 2018, 07:49 AM
Bought a really good quality hair scissors for S&D. Wearing my hair up in a cinnabun after I put some leave in and almond oil on it.

Dark40
May 10th, 2018, 04:06 PM
Today I've shampooed using my Pantene Pro-V Fusion Moisture Balance Shampoo, and I deep conditioned using Queen Helene Cholesterol Conditioning Cream for 10 minutes. My hair feels amazingly soft and healthy! I sprayed some Isoplus Leave-In Conditioner. Now, I've been sitting here letting it air dry for 5 hours, and it has 2 more hours more to go to be 100% dry. Then, I'm going to apply some Luster's Pink Oil Moisturizing Lotion, and then I'm going to blow-dry for only 5 minutes. I can't wait to see the end results!

Sarahlabyrinth
May 10th, 2018, 04:16 PM
Enjoying the look and feel of it in a French Twist, all tucked away and nicely protected. Like tucking up a child into bed :p

Dark40
May 10th, 2018, 04:20 PM
Oh, I love French Twists!:D I think that is one of the best protective hair styles you can wear yet!

Sarahlabyrinth
May 10th, 2018, 04:22 PM
Oh, I love French Twists!:D I think that is one of the best protective hair styles you can wear yet!

Yes, its a lovely elegant style, too :)

Dark40
May 10th, 2018, 04:34 PM
Yes, its a lovely elegant style, too :)

Yes, it is :)

But I have noticed when I try to put my hair into a french twist I'm unable to do it. I guess it's because I haven't practiced enough. I have a friend that has very long hair, and she is 80 years old, and she's been wearing her hair in a french twist ever since the 1980's!!! She has never worn her hair down. Except for when she is washing it.

Reservechic
May 10th, 2018, 09:16 PM
I normally wash my hair very early in the morning, on my regular wash day, however, my scalp eczema has been acting up lately, so, I am finding that trying to wait at least every 7 days to wash my hair isn't working well for me at this point anymore. So, I co-washed my hair using Jessicurl's Hair Cleansing Cream, applied Shea Moisture's JBCO Smoothie to my soaking wet hair in sections, detangling each section as I went along, until I finished my entire head, and now my hair is air drying. I do have my hair up in a bun, and plan to rock it like until my next wash day.

At this point, I am frustrated on how to best deal with my scalp eczema. I went to the dermatologist on Wednesday, and I am taking UV Light Therapy for my face and scalp issues, and I had another laser scalp therapy treatment done, and I was given a shot to help bring down the inflammation that I have going on with my scalp and upper forehead at this time. I have gotten a number of these shots already. I also suffer with seborrheic dermatitis on my face, that at times can get severe, especially on my forehead area.

I am using a steroid cream for my seborrheic dermatitis, and my derm prescribed me ketonazole 2% shampoo (to be used in place of my regular hair wash) and ketonazole 2% cream to be applied to my scalp daily. My dermatologist doesn't know what else to prescribe me at this point anymore for my scalp, because I've tried so much. And, I have not encountered a lot of success with using 2% ketonazole to best relieve or control my scalp eczema. Plus, I have tried OTC medicated shampoos, and I have not run into any major luck with them either.

My scalp and skin is just really super sensitive, and it's been really hard struggling with such. I feel like I'm never going to get a break from such, like I will be stuck with this for the rest of my life.

For any of you that have gone down this same road and can provide much helpful advice to me, I am truly open to any and all suggestions at this time.

Sarahlabyrinth
May 10th, 2018, 10:14 PM
Yes, it is :)

But I have noticed when I try to put my hair into a french twist I'm unable to do it. I guess it's because I haven't practiced enough. I have a friend that has very long hair, and she is 80 years old, and she's been wearing her hair in a french twist ever since the 1980's!!! She has never worn her hair down. Except for when she is washing it.

How lovely! Maybe she could teach you how to do it?

Lokasigdr
May 10th, 2018, 10:33 PM
It's not fancy in the least, but I bought a bunch of terry ties/mini-scrunchies to tie my braids at night. My hair was thinning and getting a ton of splits right where I was tying my hair for braids, and it took me forever to figure out it was because of the awful, skinny elastics I was using.

It's neat! I get to pretend the 90s are back, and I'm experiencing WAY less breakage

leayellena
May 10th, 2018, 11:55 PM
bun my braid.

Dark40
May 11th, 2018, 08:55 PM
I've applied some conditioner to the ends of my hair, and I'm leaving it in over night. Planning on rinsing it out tomorrow. Tomorrow I'm planning on co-washing and deep conditioning. I can't wait to see the end result!!!

Glitch
May 11th, 2018, 08:57 PM
I'm trying out more bun styles right now. Mostly failing, but it's the effort that counts, right :laugh:

Dark40
May 11th, 2018, 08:58 PM
How lovely! Maybe she could teach you how to do it?

Yes, it is lovely! Well, I don't get to see her that often. Only once every blue moon. :(. I think I can get my mom to teach me. She also knows how to do too. :)

Dark40
May 11th, 2018, 09:00 PM
Glitch, that's right! It's the effort that counts.:agree: