PDA

View Full Version : What are you doing to/for your hair right now?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

blackgothicdoll
November 28th, 2018, 09:38 PM
I don't know what I did but I ended up having to wash tonight, my hair felt like I mopped up an oil spill.

It's drying now and so, so happy to be clean.

TwilightMermaid
November 28th, 2018, 11:44 PM
I did a pumpkin hair mask and a coconut oil, grapeseed oil, and shea butter oil treatment and washed with my new Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor oil shampoo and conditioner. It's still drying but I feel really good about the turnout of my curls! You never know with curly hair:shrug:

leayellena
November 29th, 2018, 04:21 AM
Dutch braided my hair in hope it will last for few days. Feeling lazy

jtschoof
November 29th, 2018, 06:15 AM
Right now I'm trying out my new conditioner :)

Stray_mind
November 29th, 2018, 01:10 PM
Washed and rubbed a couple drops of rosemary oil on my scalp and jojoba oil on my length. :)
Air drying now and waiting for the results.

cjk
November 29th, 2018, 02:10 PM
Wash day. Oodles of conditioner and air drying.

Stray_mind
November 29th, 2018, 02:29 PM
Threw it in a braid for sleep. So excited to be able to do it finally. ^^

Groovy Granny
November 29th, 2018, 04:24 PM
Getting ready to detangle into a low/loose ponytail - before bedtime sleep pigtail braids - after Biosilk Serum is applied.

gingerninja
November 29th, 2018, 04:32 PM
Getting ready to lightly apply argan oil and English braid my hair then put it into my satin bonnet for sleep.

Reservechic
November 29th, 2018, 05:30 PM
I normally wash my hair very early in the morning, on my regular wash days, but,me ayes my Bounce Curl order was coming today, I decided to wash my hair after it came. So, I cowashes my hair using Jessicurl's Cleansing Cream (it's on my list of products that I need to use up- which is why, I decided to use it), and then deep conditioned using Jessicurl's Deep Conditioning Treatment and my Hot Head for upwards of 15-20 minutes, and then only very soaking wet hair, I applied the Bounce Curl Gel, detangling each section with my Denman Brush until I had finished my entire head. Right now, my hair is air drying, and I am not one to go to bed with wet hair, so as soon as my hair fully dries, then I plan to go off to bed.

For those that haven't tried Bounce Curls' Light Creme Gel, it is created for use on all curl types (no matter whether you have wavy, curly, or coily hair), it has a light sweet scent to it, that doesn't bother me in any way at all, it has a light Creme-gel texture, which makes it go on very smoothly onto the hair, and I had absolutely no issues with detangling my hair after applying the gel to it, plus, this styling gel gives off lots of shine (which I like because I have naturally dull hair that lacks shine), and it left my hair completely frizz free. Now, this gel is on the pricey side, however, this far, I can honestly say that it beats every other gel that I've ever tried (whether it be cheap gels or other expensive ones too). I have very fine textured curly hair, so I used the gel all alone in my hair. It does provide hold, but it's not a super strong hold. I have not experienced any flaking or white residue on my hair with this gel at all. And, best of all, it It didn't make my curls anymore curlier than what they naturally are. However, I have seen via YouTube, that a lot of curlies apply the gel unto their curls with their fingers, avoiding usage of a brush or comb, and then they diffuse their hair until dry, and some will also even use a pick afterwards in order to fluff out their hair and give it even greater volume to it. So, you can get lots of definition and volume using this product, as it's all in the techniques that you choose to utilize in order to achieve such in combination with this product.

I don't consider this gel to provide a lot of elongation, as I use my Denman brush for that. For different types of curls, it does say on the bottle in regards to how to properly use such, in regards to the type if curls that you have. However, when applying this product onto ones freshly cleansed hair, I highly recommend that it be very wet. After I wash my hair, I don't remove any water from my hair, as I find that applying products onto very wet hair, is what gives me the best results. To refresh my hair in between hair washed, I just plan to apply a bit more product and go! However, the owner does recommend that you pray your hair with water, and then apply a bit more of the styling gel in between hair washes. That is how she refreshes her hair, but I have hard water, so for me, i have never been a big fan of refreshing my hair with water on just about a daily basis at all. So, I'm going to try sticking with my regular product application method that I do, inbetween hair washes, and if I see that I need to dampen my hair with water first and then re-apply some more if the gel, in order to keep my hair looking it's best with this gel, until my next wash day, then I will definitely switch things up and do so.

When it comes to using a leave in, underneath the gel, you have to find a leave-in that's compatible. Which, because there are lots of YouTube videos out there of people using different leave-ins in conjunction with this gel, as well as individuals on Instagram that have posted what products they use in conjunction with this gel, you can easily go by that, and know which leave-in is already known to be compatible with it, through such means.

This is the only discount code that I know of that as of this current time is still active, in regards to using it on the Bounce Curl website, in order to get a discount off your order: FELI

Oh, and this product does contain protein in it, and it does contain glycerin in it as well. All products that contain protein in them aren't all created alike and the same can be said for glycerin as well. So, even though I have tried products that have protein in them that were too harsh for my hair, the entire ingredient formulation didn't agree with my hair, and the same can be said about some products with glycerin in them that have caused my hair to frizz up, as it was the entire ingredient formulation that my hair just didn't like. There are of course ingredients in products that I can't use on my head ever again, due to their flaring my scalp eczema something fierce. So, those are the only products that I tend to avoid the most, but, I'm the type of person that's open to trying new stuff for my hair, especially when I see that it's truly worth it. And, for me, this gel is truly worth it!

leayellena
November 30th, 2018, 12:30 AM
same dutch braided bun as yesterday

almostghost
November 30th, 2018, 11:48 AM
Air drying after my first CWC wash, waiting to see if it feels any different from normal or seems worth using the extra conditioner

Ylva
November 30th, 2018, 03:10 PM
I pre-pooed my hair by repplying leave-ins and coating everything with coconut oil. I also turned the sauna on so it can heat up the shower, and I plan to sit there with conditioner in my hair for a while when showering.

lithostoic
November 30th, 2018, 05:36 PM
I deep conditioned (SM 10-in-1) and did ROO using almond oil and the squish to condish method (SM almond milk CO). Slightly dried the roots with a microfiber towel.

Parted my hair down the middle and tilted my head forward over the tub. Detangled with SM spray detangler and a Wet Brush.

Still upside down/forward I scrunched some excess water with my hands and applied SM curling gel souffle using the praying hands method. Created a finger curl with each clump (probably like 10 total). Scrunched with a microfiber towel. Plopping with a t-shirt as we speak.

If this new styling method works then I'll be doing it more often. But damn it's a bit hard on the neck and back.

Ylva
November 30th, 2018, 07:17 PM
I just washed my hair using purple shampoo at my roots. Then I applied a very generous amount of my first conditioner (first time trying one by Superdrug) and sat with it in the sauna for a while, maybe 15 or so minutes, also massaging my scalp a bit while hanging my head between my legs. That turned out to be a questionable idea as I felt quite dizzy after that for a good while, so I rinsed the conditioner off sitting on the shower floor. Then I ROO'd with sweet almond oil and applied my second conditioner, also an unusually generous amount.

Squeezed hair dry with a microfiber towel, separated it and applied a leave-in cream.

If this new styling method works then I'll be doing it more often. But damn it's a bit hard on the neck and back.

I can only imagine. Ever since I damaged my back over a year ago, it's been chanting hallelujah just from the inversion method.

blackgothicdoll
November 30th, 2018, 11:58 PM
Scalp massage with a homemade oil blend. I love scalp massages.

Dark40
December 1st, 2018, 03:30 PM
Today I've washed my hair using Alberto Vo5 Volumizing Shampoo and Conditioner. Then, I applied some Giovanni's Direct Leave-In Conditioner. Next, I let my hair air dry up to 4 or 5 hours. Then, I blow-dried for only 5 minutes.

Dark40
December 1st, 2018, 03:33 PM
Air drying after my first CWC wash, waiting to see if it feels any different from normal or seems worth using the extra conditioner

Hi, I use the same method you use sometimes. The CWC method. BTW, I love your red hair color in your profile photo! :) I'm thinking of dyeing my hair that color as well very soon!

Missymo
December 1st, 2018, 07:06 PM
I've just got my hair up in a bun to help it stay clean and so my younger brother can't pull it.

lithostoic
December 1st, 2018, 07:36 PM
I liked the results of my experiment. It turned out a bit frizzy and I had one smallish section that turned out straighter. But that was my fault for not plopping properly, I had to remove my turban at one point and redo it which ruined it a little. Next time I'll use a larger shirt so it doesn't slip off.

Now I've got it in 4 twists going in the direction of my natural waves and I've got that wrapped into a high bun. In the morning after my shower I'll just take it down and add some more leave-in.

blesseddamozel
December 1st, 2018, 07:51 PM
Have a masque in my hair again, prepping for a wash. I think I'll skip the poo this time and see how just using conditioner turns out.

enting
December 2nd, 2018, 07:04 AM
Keeping my sleep hat on until I shower so I don't pull out any hairs. It's a good thing the weather's cooler or else I wouldn't be able to.

almostghost
December 2nd, 2018, 08:20 AM
Hi, I use the same method you use sometimes. The CWC method. BTW, I love your red hair color in your profile photo! :) I'm thinking of dyeing my hair that color as well very soon!

Thank you! :flowers: I dye it with henna. Is that what you're thinking about using too?

lakhesis
December 2nd, 2018, 10:54 AM
deep conditioning under the heat cap... I found an old version of my fav Balea Oil repair mask back when it was without silicones, so I am enjoying that one today :)

Pouncequick
December 2nd, 2018, 03:16 PM
Wearing my hair up in a bun for the second day in a row.

Ylva
December 3rd, 2018, 04:01 AM
Applied coconut oil to the length and ends in preparation for a clarifying wash (or any wash for that matter) later today, or alternatively tomorrow if I'm too tired.

Kazumi
December 3rd, 2018, 07:30 AM
I’ve just started a winter growth challenge initiated by one of my favorite instagram/youtubers (maybe you know longhairproblemsxo) which includes weekly masks, braids and buns 5days/week and the inversion method once/month. Hope it goes well...

Also on my second month of Forcapil... am experiencing some hairfall that’s somehow more serious than usual..

Ylva
December 3rd, 2018, 09:32 AM
Shampooed my hair, hopefully removing everything despite the shampoo being on the gentler side of sulfate shampoos. Then I applied Olaplex No.2. Now that's sitting under a shower cap.

lushfanatic
December 3rd, 2018, 09:47 AM
Applied my favourite hair mask, Jasmine and Henna Fluff-Ease, by Lush (it leaves my hair smelling so good for days and find that the scent lasts throughout washes!!). Washed it out with a Shea Moisture shampoo, let it dry a bit and now it's happily braided. :D

purpleelephant
December 3rd, 2018, 11:45 PM
Attempting the castor oil nonsense. We'll see if it makes any significant difference in the coming months. Also, I've taken up spraying strong green tea on my scalp every 2-3 days or so, to see if its astringency and caffeine help it become less greasy and allows me to stretch washes to 3 full days!

BlueGypsy
December 4th, 2018, 01:06 AM
Massaged my scalp then brushed a bunch with my bamboo brush. Used jojoba oil on the ends and now I just finished braiding it. I'm going to try a WO wash tomorrow...

leayellena
December 4th, 2018, 07:16 AM
I guess I am lazy and my go to bun is a modified braided Nautilus. My hair likes it!

chiapommama
December 4th, 2018, 03:32 PM
Clarified with Suave clarifying shampoo, deep conditioned with Aussie 3 minute Miracle. Left in some Aussie 7 in 1 conditioner, and put in the Garnier Fructis sleek and shine anti frizz serum.
Love that serum. Just got 5 days out of just adding a little every day.
Makes my hair shiny and very slippery. Doesn't appear to build up any either.

clandestine
December 4th, 2018, 06:53 PM
Washed with dove 2 in 1, air dried for about an hour, now it is sitting on top of my head secured with a claw. Tomorrow I might set it loose!

Growitagain28
December 4th, 2018, 07:03 PM
Olive & Argan oil on my ends before bed every night. I’m finally in the habit, hooray!

leayellena
December 5th, 2018, 12:40 AM
I am thinking to try a normal cinnabun today. I unbraided my hair to take the last (late) length shot of 2018!

BlueKittyMeow
December 5th, 2018, 01:54 AM
I’ve got catnip and hibiscus chilling under the shower cap right now. I usually brew the hibiscus as a tea but I tried just using some of my powder this time.

cestlavie
December 5th, 2018, 10:44 AM
Washed it with dr. organic argan oil shampoo and conditioner, used my diy detangle spray with rosewater and silk protein and my urtekram rose leave in conditioner. Then I used my green people quinoa avocado serum/gel with a drop of Dille&Kamille argan oil with fig and rose oil to lock the moisture in.

PixieNixie
December 5th, 2018, 05:08 PM
Olaplex 1 and 2 on my head. Gonna try and sleep with it in. If not, I am gonna keep it on as long as I can stand (it is freezing here and no fun having wet hair atm even if it is capped and under a turbie).

ArabellaRose
December 5th, 2018, 05:14 PM
Got my hair marinating in an SMT for the first time in a month, I shouldn't leave it so long next time!

kidari
December 5th, 2018, 05:47 PM
It's been 4 days since I washed it. I put some coconut oil and leave-in conditioner on it last night. I CO-washed it and took the dogs for a walk and let it completely air dry. I just finished putting hair cream in it and putting it up and tucking everything in under a loose beret-type knit hat.

Natalia_A00
December 5th, 2018, 06:04 PM
wearing my hair in 2 braids for the night :) I always sleep with braids

Ylva
December 5th, 2018, 08:28 PM
Got my hair marinating in an SMT for the first time in a month, I shouldn't leave it so long next time!

At first I misread that you’ve had SMT in your hair for a month.

leayellena
December 6th, 2018, 01:05 AM
bun my braid into a lazy nautilus. meh I guess my hair loves such a lazy routine hehe

ArabellaRose
December 6th, 2018, 04:33 AM
At first I misread that you’ve had SMT in your hair for a month.

Now I've got images of me walking to the shops with my hair wrapped in cling film :D

Xlena
December 6th, 2018, 05:33 AM
I'm gonna start combing my hair during the day. I usually just detangle it with a brush before going to sleep, but some days (frequenly...) the tangles are so bad this just breaks my hair, and the less I brush it, the worst it becomes. I'm planning on combing it during the day when I feel like it will be good to avoid that breakage.
Also I just put jojoba oil in my ends :D

enting
December 6th, 2018, 05:35 AM
Now I've got images of me walking to the shops with my hair wrapped in cling film :D

This is totally possible, especially if you add a fabric wrap on top of the cling film :D

ArabellaRose
December 6th, 2018, 11:11 AM
I actually did the school run this morning with my cling film on under my bobble hat!

enting
December 6th, 2018, 01:57 PM
I actually did the school run this morning with my cling film on under my bobble hat!

:lol: (quality post)

Ylva
December 6th, 2018, 02:02 PM
Sitting here with oils on my head after a scalp massage. I used a mix of sweet almond oil, castor oil, neem oil, vitamin E oil and peppermint, tea tree and turmeric EOs.

leayellena
December 7th, 2018, 12:56 AM
bunned my sleep dutch braid

cestlavie
December 7th, 2018, 08:52 AM
Washed and conditioned my hair and put my detangler and leave in sprays and mixed the green people quinoa avocado serum with dille&kamille's argan&rose oil. Air drying it now so it'll be dry before I put it up in a top bun for bed.

Suortuva
December 7th, 2018, 12:05 PM
I'm testing Joico K-pak deep penetrating recunstructor hair mask for the first time in my life. I'm very excited.

Onthepath
December 7th, 2018, 02:02 PM
Wearing my hair in a braid. Trying to get in the habit of using protective hairstyles. I haven't worn my hair in braids much since I was a child when I lived in them.

Suortuva
December 7th, 2018, 02:39 PM
I'm testing Joico K-pak deep penetrating recunstructor hair mask for the first time in my life. I'm very excited.

Oh wow! I can tell you, the result was amazing. I'm super impressed, my hair feel so good. I'm in love!

TatsuOni
December 8th, 2018, 02:36 AM
Combing and brushing it.

elfynity
December 8th, 2018, 05:27 AM
I put an egg white + honey + conditioner + 1 drop of avocado oil mask on my hair for an hour.
Washed it off with home-made cornflour starch shampoo, then washed it with conditioner.

My hair is moisturized, lovely and soft.

Dark40
December 8th, 2018, 11:45 AM
I've just shampooed and conditioned my hair using Aussie Mega Moist Shampoo and Conditioner. Then, I sprayed Isoplus Leave-In Conditioner. Now, I'm sitting here letting it air dry up to 4 or 5 hours, and then I'm going to apply some Luster's Pink 0il Moisturizing Lotion, and I'm going to blow-dry for only 5 minutes.

clandestine
December 9th, 2018, 02:42 PM
Washed earlier today with Selsun Blue and then again with Tresemme anti breakage shampoo. Let it tshirt dry, detangled, then a leave in with raspberry vo5, some coney serum, and coconut oil. Since then it's been high bunned with a silk scrunchie and wrapped with a silk scarf.

almostghost
December 9th, 2018, 04:11 PM
Just put on a henna gloss. Going to leave it on for two hours, then cwc :) I forgot to add the essential oils I was gonna put in the gloss until I already had it on my head, oops

cestlavie
December 10th, 2018, 04:08 AM
Put a mixture of grapeseed oil, castor oil and rosemary oil on my scalp and the urtekram hair oil on the lengths. Going to wash it out in a few hours.

Ylva
December 10th, 2018, 01:28 PM
Applied coconut oil all over my hair as pre-poo.

ArienEllariel
December 10th, 2018, 01:40 PM
Tried out an olive oil and salt scalp scrub as I've been dealing with a lot of flakiness around my hairline. Washed twice to get the oil out of my hair, conditioned with suave strawberry conditioner and finished with a diluted apple cider rinse. My hair is nearly dry and looks so shiny! Pretty pleased with the results even if after rinsing my hair smells a bit like a salad. 😜

leayellena
December 11th, 2018, 01:00 AM
finger detangling, oiling it then I'll cinnabun it

cestlavie
December 11th, 2018, 03:36 AM
Put it in a cinnabun with two small claw clips.

zashin66
December 11th, 2018, 05:18 AM
Gonna have detangle this am after washing it last night.

Dark40
December 11th, 2018, 12:28 PM
I've just co-washed my hair using Aussie Mega Moist Conditioner. Then, I sprayed on Isoplus Leave-In Conditioner, and now I'm sitting here letting it air dry up to 4 or 5 hours. Then, I'm going to apply some Luster's Pink Oil Moisturizing Lotion, and I'm going to blow-dry for only 5 minutes.

clandestine
December 11th, 2018, 07:25 PM
My favorite thread. I took it out of its braid, finger detangled, applied coconut oil and coney serum. Then I watched Digimon while I used my tangle teezer, bbb, sectioned it for double braids applied some vo5 conditioner and then english braided for the night.

leayellena
December 12th, 2018, 01:26 AM
cinnabunned my freshly washed slippery hair

cestlavie
December 12th, 2018, 04:33 AM
Washed it and blow dried the roots for like 1 minute because otherwise I'm getting too cold while air drying it.

TreesOfEternity
December 12th, 2018, 05:06 AM
I used a mask as a leave in for the first time, turns out my hair LOVES it!! :heartbeat

cestlavie
December 12th, 2018, 05:57 AM
Put my hair in a lazy wrap bun.

Bee_le_Fay
December 12th, 2018, 01:30 PM
Just CO-washed and did a coffee rinse :)

Reservechic
December 12th, 2018, 07:36 PM
Normally, I wash my hair very early in the mornings, typically on Saturdays. However, sometimes that is subject to change. This is definitely one of those times. The weather is super cold where I'm at right now, and my scalp eczema started to flare up badly over the last few days, so I washed my hair with Jessicurl's Hair a cleansing Cream (which I am only using, so that I can work to better get my product stash down ). And, I deep conditioned with Jessicurl's Deep Conditioning Treatment, using my hair steamer to do such with. I will not be re-purchasing the Hair Clranding Cream or Deep Conditioning Treatment ever again. They provide no Lin-term moisturization or moisture retention to my hair at all. After, I rinsed out the deep conditioner, I started working on my soaking wet hair in small sections, applying Bounce a Curl Light Creme Gel and detangling each section with my Denman brush as I went along. I am letting my hair airdry underneath my satin bonnet at this time.

Growitagain28
December 12th, 2018, 07:47 PM
Just oil on my ends like I do every night :)

ArienEllariel
December 12th, 2018, 08:09 PM
Braided in a single braid for bed. Still can't get over how soft it feels right now! I'm not sure what exactly did it. I put a little almond oil on it pre shampoo today and a drop or two of jojoba after my shower. I think I found my new favorite routine if these results are repeatable.

chiapommama
December 12th, 2018, 10:02 PM
Washed with Garnier Whole Blends argan oil and camellia illuminating shampoo and conditioner. Used Garnier Sleek and shine leave in conditioner, and finished with Garnier Fructis sleek and shine anti frizz serum. Drying now.

leayellena
December 13th, 2018, 01:12 AM
used a scrunchie to ponytail my slippery hair. that's how buns hold on freshly washed hair. how do u cope with freshly washed and slippery hair? https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=34468&d=1544688600

TreesOfEternity
December 13th, 2018, 02:38 AM
used a scrunchie to ponytail my slippery hair. that's how buns hold on freshly washed hair. how do u cope with freshly washed and slippery hair? https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=34468&d=1544688600

I usually hold my bun with three medium claw clips or wear a braid that day. On second day I may or may not me able to use a thin hair stick.

cestlavie
December 13th, 2018, 03:50 AM
Used some dry shampoo and put it up in a cinnabun for work.

ArabellaRose
December 13th, 2018, 04:43 AM
Got my hair up in a variation of sock curls as an experiment.

I'm cutting out heat styling but would still like the option to curl for special occasions so hoping this goes well!

Ylva
December 13th, 2018, 05:52 PM
I just applied coconut oil all over my hair as pre-poo in preparation for a wash. I also turned on the sauna so I'm actually able to wash my hair (otherwise the room would be freezing). I can also use the heat to my advantage with conditioners.

RoseChantel
December 13th, 2018, 09:55 PM
I detangled my hair, put a light oil in it and braided it for sleeping on my silk pillowcase.

elfynity
December 14th, 2018, 03:45 AM
Got my hair up in a variation of sock curls as an experiment.

I'm cutting out heat styling but would still like the option to curl for special occasions so hoping this goes well!

Post a pic if it comes out well!

cestlavie
December 14th, 2018, 07:06 AM
Used my new Australian Native Botanicals shampoo + conditioner (pink bottles) and they feel very mild but effective on my hair. Shampoo didn't dry out my scalp and left my hair soft while rinsing and they conditioner is runny but detangled very well and my ends are, after an hour of air drying, still feeling soft and silky. I wonder if these results will last when I used it a couple of times.

Ylva
December 15th, 2018, 01:24 PM
I clarified my hair and applied Olaplex No. 2 all over. Right now it's sitting under a shower cap and will stay there for at least 4 hours.

nitagurl
December 16th, 2018, 12:27 PM
Benign neglect. I have other things to obsess over for the moment.

Ylva
December 16th, 2018, 08:30 PM
Just letting my hair hang out in a regular English braid. Sure, it does contribute to split ends, but since I'm going to have a big chop at New Year and start microtrimming after that, I don't think it's so dangerous for me to get split ends now. My hair just really likes being in a braid, moreso than being bunned, and in the past I've been able to grow long while having my hair mostly braided just fine. In addition, my scalp likes it, so I thought, I might as well.

lakhesis
December 17th, 2018, 03:20 AM
Trying new mask from Balea called Winter Protect. Smells great, can't wait for the results :)

RubberDucky
December 17th, 2018, 06:45 AM
Slapped on a hair mask, shower cap and a beanie. I'll let it marinate while I clean my large aquarium, then I'll hit the shower.

cestlavie
December 18th, 2018, 02:21 AM
Put a mixture of almond and castor oil with a few drops of rosemary oil on my scalp and massaged it for a bit. Going to wash it out in an hour or two.

Ylva
December 18th, 2018, 01:40 PM
I oiled all of my hair with coconut oil, then massaged my scalp with a mix of sweet almond oil, neem oil, castor oil, vitamin E oil and peppermint and tea tree essential oils. All this will sit in my hair/scalp for some time while I work and then I'll wash it out.

Arciela
December 18th, 2018, 03:40 PM
Have a deep treatment on right now, its don't despair, repair by briogeo :) Hopefully it'll make my hair nice and soft!

Begemot
December 19th, 2018, 04:55 AM
Just got a new product today and had to try it immediately. It's a scalp moisture lotion that has glycerin, niacinamide and castor oil just to name few, so it sounds promising. My scalp gets so dry during winter that I wanted to get a product just for my scalp. I usually like to use ACV and sometimes rosemary but those tend to darken my hair and now I don't need to mix up anything etc., it's so easy to just apply the product from bottle straight away when I feel like it. So far it's okay, pleasant scent and my scalp feels nice and cool.

Dark40
December 19th, 2018, 10:22 AM
I've just co-washed my hair using Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Conditioner, and I sprayed Isoplus Leave-In Conditioner. Now, I'm sitting here letting it air dry up to 4 or 5 hours. Then, I'm going to blow dry it for 5 minutes.

Dark40
December 19th, 2018, 10:26 AM
Just got a new product today and had to try it immediately. It's a scalp moisture lotion that has glycerin, niacinamide and castor oil just to name few, so it sounds promising. My scalp gets so dry during winter that I wanted to get a product just for my scalp. I usually like to use ACV and sometimes rosemary but those tend to darken my hair and now I don't need to mix up anything etc., it's so easy to just apply the product from bottle straight away when I feel like it. So far it's okay, pleasant scent and my scalp feels nice and cool.

Hi! I'm glad you've found a product that you and your scalp like. I also love trying out new products too. It is true that during the winter months your hair and scalp tends to get dry. So, it's best to use products that is going to keep it moisturized.

cestlavie
December 20th, 2018, 07:44 AM
Washed and conditioned it and used my regular leave in products. Once dried and brushed I put in a lazy wrap bun for work.

Begemot
December 20th, 2018, 08:13 AM
Hi! I'm glad you've found a product that you and your scalp like. I also love trying out new products too. It is true that during the winter months your hair and scalp tends to get dry. So, it's best to use products that is going to keep it moisturized.

I have only used this new product once but I think my scalp and hair likes it! My roots feel great. I noticed that it says in the package that you can use this product on your skin after shaving, so it seems pretty versatile product :)

clandestine
December 20th, 2018, 01:02 PM
I massaged my scalp with coconut oil and a mix of peppermint and lavender oils. Then used the excess on my length, now I'm sitting underneath a plastic bag and a crochet beanie while it works its magic I'm getting a rest from teaching due to the winter break so my hair deserves one too! Plus I have to make my video game time somewhat productive :p

cjk
December 20th, 2018, 01:08 PM
Two stage conditioning, no gel cast. My curls seem to be bouncy but we will see how they hold up.

Reservechic
December 21st, 2018, 10:54 AM
Washed it with Jessicurl's Hair Cleansing Cream, deep conditioned using Jessicurl's Deep Conditioning Treatment and my hair steamer, and then applied Fruit of The Earth Aloe Vera Gel to my soaking wet hair, detangling as I went along with my Denman brush, and now I have my hair styled into a low bun, as I wait for my hair to fully air dry.

Arciela
December 21st, 2018, 02:42 PM
Just doing another oil treatment on my hair..it seems to love it :flower:

Ylva
December 21st, 2018, 03:16 PM
Had my last KhairPep treatment tonight for the time being. Afterwards, I applied my leave-ins and now my hair is airdrying.

I'm so ready to return to my normal haircare routine tomorrow evening.

TatsuOni
December 22nd, 2018, 08:47 AM
Making some flax seed and aloe vera gel.

victorian girl
December 22nd, 2018, 09:15 AM
My oil treatment and massage, this time with burdock oil and rosemary EO.

TatsuOni
December 22nd, 2018, 09:37 AM
Combing and brushing my hair before adding the gel and some oil to my hair.

Growitagain28
December 22nd, 2018, 09:38 AM
Brushed for the day and a little BioSilk. Good to go :)

Platzhalter
December 22nd, 2018, 11:06 AM
It's up in a heavily oiled rose bun :)

Ylva
December 22nd, 2018, 12:39 PM
I massaged my scalp upside down with a mix of sweet almond oil, castor oil, neem oil, vitamin E oil and peppermint and tea tree essential oils.

I decided to go for a fourth KhairPep treatment after all, since my hair felt tolerable after the third. I can tolerate it for another 24 hours.

Begemot
December 22nd, 2018, 12:52 PM
Oiled it and put it up for night :sleep:

cjk
December 22nd, 2018, 12:59 PM
Double conditioning worked so well last time that I did it again. But this time I am doing a gel cast too, LA Looks blue gel.

Having curly hair has been a revelation. Learning to care for it has been an eye opener.

Currently clipped up and drying.

Oh, and I braided my beard after a CG approach too. Seems to force in a little more moisture, and control the frizz.

blackgothicdoll
December 22nd, 2018, 02:31 PM
I've got deep conditioner in under a heating cap. Much needed, I started neglecting my hair towards the end of the week. :/

Begemot
December 23rd, 2018, 02:53 AM
Conditioning with new conditioner mixed in honey.

TatsuOni
December 23rd, 2018, 03:21 AM
Sitting with henna in my roots.

TatsuOni
December 23rd, 2018, 05:30 AM
Now it's indigo in my roots. Then I'll sauna and wash my hair before air drying it.

Reservechic
December 23rd, 2018, 09:58 AM
My scalp eczema had been bothering me like crazy overnight, so I rushed and washed my hair this morning with Jessicurl Cleansing Cream, deep conditioned using the Jessicurl Deep Conditioning Treatment and my Hot Head Thermal Conditioning Cap, and I applied Bounce Curl Light Creme Gel to my soaking wet hair, detangling as I went along with my Denman brush, and then I put my hair into a low bun, put my satin bonnet on, and my haur is currently air drying underneath.

I am suspecting that there is something in the Jessicurl Hair Cleansing Cream that every time I start using this stuff back to back, my scalp eczema starts flaring up. There is either an ingredient or ingredients in it, that just over a period of time just doesn't agree with my scalp. I was trying to use it up, because I have a lot of it, however, I am not going to waste my time with it anymore. I plan to throw all of my Jessicurl products away that I have left in my hair care stash. As, Athings weren't bad initially when I first started using them, but ultimately that this end up changing. The products just aren't moisturizing enough for my naturally very dry hair, they lack a whole lot of slip, and they just aren't the best for my hair overall. I can't say that they may not provide good or great results for others who have naturally wavy, curly, or coily hair via short or long-term use, so even though the products are quite expensive, I'm just going to have to take it as a loss, and move on.

However, I do happen to be a huge fan of Bounce Curl's Light Creme Gel, and I will be sticking with using this product from now until God knows how long, because it is a product that I can use all year round, and most of all it doesn't heavily cause me to break out like I have experienced with a lot of other hair care products. I have dealt with plenty of other hair care products causing me to get numerous breakouts on my face, back, and sometimes chest area as well. It is expensive, but I use both cheap and expensive products on my hair, and whatever works, I stick with it. However, I do lan to do throw out a lot of hair care products from out of my stash, that I have been holding on to that need to go, before the end of this year is over. So, that way, I can definitely free up more room in my bathroom closet and get things way more organized as well.

clandestine
December 23rd, 2018, 03:44 PM
It is relaxing in my braids from last night. After I finish cleaning house and showering I'll take them out, detangle, and figure out how I'm going to put it up for the night.

Dark40
December 23rd, 2018, 07:48 PM
Today was washday for me. I shampooed and deep conditioned my hair using Garnier Fructis Long & Strong Shampoo, and I deep conditioned with the Garnier Avacado Deep Conditioning Mask. Then, I sprayed the Isoplus Leave-In Conditioner, and I let it air dry up to 5 hours. Next, I applied some Luster's Pink Oil Moisturizing Lotion, and I blow-dried for only 5 minutes. Now, I'm going to put it in a ponytail for the evening.

leayellena
December 24th, 2018, 03:30 AM
I "washed" it with a cone free conditioner. I can say I CG (curly girl) my hair :P but I will apply a coney oil so ... :D

Begemot
December 24th, 2018, 05:46 AM
Sharpened my hair scissors and now I'm doing some S&D.

Ophidian
December 24th, 2018, 11:57 PM
In a sleep braid, oiled with castor and coconut, wrapped in my silk scarf.

Jo Ann
December 25th, 2018, 12:45 AM
Brushed my hair and massaged my scalp after wearing my hair up and decorated like a Christmas tree all day at work. My scalp started to protest after about four hours of being pulled up and wrapped around a one-litre soda bottle...

cestlavie
December 25th, 2018, 05:11 AM
Used a chamomile infused olive oil with a few drops of rosemary on my scalp and bit without EO on my lengths. Left it in for 45 minutes and cowashed it out followed with a sulfate free shampoo and conditioner. Used my regular leave-in products and let it air dry.

Begemot
December 25th, 2018, 05:27 AM
Deep cleansing shampoo and a copper color mask (should also be a reconstructive mask, has vitamin B5 and keratin derivatives).

clandestine
December 25th, 2018, 07:53 AM
Mermaid soak after an overnight oiling, then wash, and let it air dry.

Milkchocolate
December 25th, 2018, 11:09 AM
I’m going to try my first “herbally” shampoo ever. It’s a tea tree mint shampoo and as always, I’m a little nervous over nothing lol ^_* what can I expect?

Dark40
December 25th, 2018, 03:06 PM
I’m going to try my first “herbally” shampoo ever. It’s a tea tree mint shampoo and as always, I’m a little nervous over nothing lol ^_* what can I expect?

I think you will honestly like it. I used to use tea tree mint shampoo by "Paul Mitchel," and I've always loved it! :)

Hey, you've just reminded me, I need to go get some Paul Mitchele tea tree shampoo. I may do that next week. Keep me posted on how you like it!

Gwyned
December 26th, 2018, 05:53 PM
Today was wash day. I oiled my hair with an oil blend I make and coconut oil. I shampooed, did a mask and conditioned for two minutes. My hair was super shiny fresh out of the shower and felt nourished. I applied oil and leave-in hair cream. My curls are shiny, defined and pretty. I love my kinky curly hair. <3 It actually feels healthy and I wouldn't have gotten that back if I didn't find this forum and read your posts.

chiapommama
December 26th, 2018, 08:56 PM
Washed with Head and shoulders clinical strength shampoo, conditioned with Aussie Total Miracle 7 in 1 . Used Garnier Sleek and shine leave in conditioner, and finished with sleek and shine anti frizz serum. Interested to see how the Garnier pairs with the Aussie.

Ophidian
December 26th, 2018, 09:25 PM
Mid week wash. I’ve been finding that with the dry winter air my length seems to appreciate being wetted too so I’ve been rinsing and doing a quick ROO after my scalp wash. Today I used a new cleanser, Jason Dandruff Relief 2-in-1 (active ingredient zinc 1%) on my scalp, rinsed, then used NightBlooming’s Sacred Forest for ROO and Alluvial as a final rinse.

clandestine
December 26th, 2018, 11:08 PM
Double english sleep braids but I switched up my part. I'm guilty of keeping the same one most of the time.

Ylva
December 27th, 2018, 02:25 AM
Last night before I slept I applied coconut oil (fresh, smooth oil from a brand new jar!) all over my hair and it's still there. Preparing it for my hairdresser appointment this afternoon.

Begemot
December 27th, 2018, 03:04 AM
Deep conditioning and waiting for the orange color mask to wear off... :rolleyes:

cestlavie
December 27th, 2018, 03:22 AM
clarified it and applied a honey and shea butter mask from le petit marseillais (from france)

Milkchocolate
December 27th, 2018, 08:42 AM
I think you will honestly like it. I used to use tea tree mint shampoo by "Paul Mitchel," and I've always loved it! :)

Hey, you've just reminded me, I need to go get some Paul Mitchele tea tree shampoo. I may do that next week. Keep me posted on how you like it!

So I enjoyed the shampoo :) what I liked about it was that it made my hair a little “drier”. My hair feels overly moist sometimes because the shampoo I always use has light coney properties. So this one felt like a nice clarifying kind..and the minty cooling feeling!! ❤️❤️ soo nice! I am using the one from OGX :) i do love that brand. I need to try something from Paul Mitchell one day! Do you shampoo your length with your tea tee shampoo or only your scalp?

Danglish
December 27th, 2018, 02:09 PM
Oiling, updo's and silk pillows like no tomorrow. Silk pillows really do work - I shower in the evening, and my hair looks awful without them

Missymo
December 28th, 2018, 04:39 AM
Brushing with a boar brush twice daily.

hollygolightly
December 28th, 2018, 05:14 AM
Oiling, updo's and silk pillows like no tomorrow. Silk pillows really do work - I shower in the evening, and my hair looks awful without them

This is so true! my boyfriend gave me a shower cap which is one side plastic and one side silk and i've been using the silk part to sleep and my hair feels so soft as if I just washed it.
My problem with extending washes is not with oilyness but with dryness so this has really helped me to retain moisture

LeyanaWhite
December 28th, 2018, 09:28 AM
I just rinsed and conditioned Henna out of my hair and am doing my best not to keep messing with it while it dries. Can't wait to shampoo it tomorrow!

Milkchocolate
December 29th, 2018, 12:01 PM
Dying it my fave hair color in the world..blue black! Had a terrible mishap last time I dyed it with a “natural” hair dye but with time and lots of babying it got back to its normal health! So here I go again but with my regular Clairol that I’ve always loved and never trying anything else ever again lol.
Ahhh ❤️ There’s nothing like freshly coated black hair :)

Reservechic
December 29th, 2018, 12:42 PM
I did a quick hair wash today, didn't feel like deep conditioning, as I was feeling lazy. But, I will definitely make sure to do so, the next time I wash my hair for sure.

I co-washed using the As I Am Coconut Co-Wash. I applied Qhemet Biologics Burdock Root Buttercream to my soaking wet hair in sections, detangling as I went along with my Denman Brush, then I styled my hair back into a low bun, and secured it with 2 scrunchies. And, now, I have my satin bonnet in my hair, while my hair air dries underneath.

cestlavie
December 29th, 2018, 01:00 PM
Washed my fringe/bangs this morning because I was too tired to wash/condition/style for work. Plus my scalp wasn't that oily so doing my fringe/bangs only was perfect to skip an extra day of washing.

cestlavie
December 30th, 2018, 04:17 AM
Washed and conditioned it. Did my LOC with a new 'C'. Instead of using my green people's avocado quinoa serum/gel I used the Balea 2 in 1 hair butter (meant for waves/curls). The new version has amodimethicone on the lower part of the list which was annoying at first. But I wanted to use something heavier for my ends since I haven't cut them in 6+ months. So I'm giving silicones a try again and since it is not on the top of the ingredients I think it won't mess with my hair too much?

clandestine
December 30th, 2018, 04:12 PM
Mine has been up since washing Friday evening. I tried L'oreal elive clay shampoo and conditioner and I think it might fulfill its 2 days without washing promise.

Ylva
December 30th, 2018, 04:21 PM
Washed and conditioned it. Did my LOC with a new 'C'. Instead of using my green people's avocado quinoa serum/gel I used the Balea 2 in 1 hair butter (meant for waves/curls). The new version has amodimethicone on the lower part of the list which was annoying at first. But I wanted to use something heavier for my ends since I haven't cut them in 6+ months. So I'm giving silicones a try again and since it is not on the top of the ingredients I think it won't mess with my hair too much?

Amodimethicone is a non-buildup silicone, so I don't think it'll mess with your hair at all. You should be fine. :) It's one of my favorite silicones.

Begemot
December 31st, 2018, 04:38 AM
Washed my hair for the last time this year :redgrin: I'm trying to use up some products and slathered my hair with sooo much conditioner it was ridiculous.

Dark40
December 31st, 2018, 11:48 AM
Today was hair washday for me. I shampooed and conditioned my hair using Re-gro Strengthening Shampoo and Conditioner. Then, I sprayed Isoplus Leave-In Conditioner. Now, I'm sitting here letting it air-dry up to 4 or 5 hours, and then I'm going to blow-dry it for only 5 minutes.

clandestine
December 31st, 2018, 10:34 PM
I washed it this morning, vo8 conditioner on the ends, head and shoulders on the roots, rinsed then a deep conditioner on the ends. Then a tshirt dry, coney leave-in, aloe vera, and a little bit of conditioner. I left it up until my LI stick arrived in the mail and then I tried it out with my favorite lazy wrap bun.

shaluwm_agape
December 31st, 2018, 11:22 PM
Oil with avocado &Marula wrapped up in a bun overnight will wash out tomorrow then do my trim! On to no trim 2019!

cestlavie
January 1st, 2019, 04:48 AM
Amodimethicone is a non-buildup silicone, so I don't think it'll mess with your hair at all. You should be fine. :) It's one of my favorite silicones.

Yes that is what I read too! But for some reason it made my hair stiffer and I couldn't brush it as easily like normal (hair clumped together) and that is a thing that keeps coming back when I use any silicone :( I put it up in a bun when it was 90% dry and when I took it out and brushed it, my hair was still on the stiffer/drier side. I clarified before using this leave in. I wonder what is causing these effects.

megthehennahead
January 2nd, 2019, 03:29 PM
Henna in my roots, will wash out around 10 or 11.

Reservechic
January 2nd, 2019, 05:30 PM
Right now, my scalp eczema is flaring up very badly. So, I co-washed my hair using As I Am Coconut Co-Wash, and then applied CurlMix Pure Flaxseed Gel (Sensitive Skin-Fragrance Free version) onto my soaking wet hair, detangling as I went along with my Denman brush, and then I put my hair back unglamorous low bun, and put my satin cap over my head, while my hair air dried. And, right now, my hair is fully dry.

Today, I was in a rush, so that's why, I chose to co-wash my hair, but I am definitely going back to shampooing and regularly conditioning my hair, upon my next hair wash to come.

chiapommama
January 2nd, 2019, 08:25 PM
Co washed with Pantene Gold. Air-drying.

Ophidian
January 2nd, 2019, 10:00 PM
Water rinsed and preened length, then washed scalp with Jason 2-in-1. Air dried down until scalp was dry, now it’s damp bunned under a silk scarf.

chiapommama
January 4th, 2019, 04:16 PM
Washed with Pantene Micellar water shampoo and conditioner.

Milkchocolate
January 4th, 2019, 06:39 PM
Trimmed a whole inch! fresh dye. Deep conditioned. Detangled! Ready for the new year :)

Begemot
January 5th, 2019, 10:56 AM
Just you regular wash day. I'm air drying but put my hair up for awhile with a hair screw. It takes longer to dry obviously but the air is so dry here that I feel my ends need some extra protection. They won't frizz at all later on if I keep them up some time while they're still moist.

Dark40
January 5th, 2019, 11:33 AM
I've just done a relaxer to my hair, and I've deep conditioned it. I sprayed Isoplus Leave-In Conditioner. Now, I'm sitting here letting it air-dry up to 4 or 5 hours, and then I'm going to apply some Luster's Pink Oil Moisturizing Lotion, and I'm going to blow-dry for only 5 minutes.

enting
January 5th, 2019, 02:55 PM
Bought 1000 grit sandpaper to take the sharp edges off some plastic hairtoys.

cjk
January 5th, 2019, 03:18 PM
Experimenting!

https://i.imgur.com/oanOs5Y_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

GardenHorse
January 6th, 2019, 05:36 PM
Oiling and leave in conditioner while having my braids rdy for sleep

Ylva
January 6th, 2019, 05:41 PM
I've washed, deep conditioned and styled my hair, and now it's air drying.

unicourtney
January 7th, 2019, 10:04 AM
Cowashed with Redken All-Soft for the first time, then did an Olaplex treatment and deep conditioned. I've had the All-Soft for months; hopefully my hair likes it. Also had a scoop of collagen powder and MSM in my coffee this morning.

ArabellaRose
January 7th, 2019, 11:08 AM
Today I've done my usual wash routine of WCC, ROO and LCO, allowed to dry in a towel for 15 minutes and then air dry. Had to leave the house earlier than planned so had to use my hairdryer on cool setting for the first time in ages.

I've got my hair bunned with a fork, I'm trying to get used to wearing my hair up all the time and I think now my hair is in a better condition it's tolerating it better :)

Viola_sororia
January 7th, 2019, 04:52 PM
I am about to brush it out with a boar brush. For the past week, I've been treating my poor golden blonde-turned-walnut-brown hair for extensive hard water buildup. I'm starting to be able to recognize myself in the mirror a bit more now, but my hair is feeling quite dry. Unfortunately, I'm nowhere near my natural color yet.

Viola_sororia
January 7th, 2019, 04:52 PM
I've washed, deep conditioned and styled my hair, and now it's air drying.

Your hair in your profile picture is gorgeous! Can you recommend a deep conditioner?

Ylva
January 7th, 2019, 06:11 PM
Your hair in your profile picture is gorgeous! Can you recommend a deep conditioner?

Thank you! :) Last time I used O'Herbal Dry & Damaged Hair Flax Extract Hair Mask. I would recommend it for hair that likes or at the very least doesn't mind protein. Other than that, pretty much any conditioner can be turned into a deep treatment by making an SMT (I think it was 1 part honey, 1 part aloe vera gel, 2 parts conditioner? Don't quote me on that, I've never done an SMT myself).

Begemot
January 8th, 2019, 01:59 AM
Regular wash day. Later I'm getting my bangs trimmed :scissors:

Gisela
January 8th, 2019, 03:26 AM
I've had a mix coconut oil and shea oil sitting on my hair for almost 5 days now. Sounds weird, but I've oiled my hair and just worked with it for a week until wash day (when I do an oil scalp massage). It really keeps my hair, especially my ends, moisturized.

RubberDucky
January 8th, 2019, 09:26 AM
Time for another nice soak with purple shampoo (Joico Color Endure Violet).

SwanFeathers
January 8th, 2019, 10:47 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/ZRWx4ydS/20190108-113031-2.jpg (https://postimg.cc/8JV6bc4K)
Caught a cold and dont have energy for hair, so oiled and employed some old fashioned taping to keep it out of the way for awhile.

GlacierLacie
January 8th, 2019, 06:00 PM
I just did ACV rinse and now im waiting for it to dry so I can measure it :kitten:

Begemot
January 9th, 2019, 02:19 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/ZRWx4ydS/20190108-113031-2.jpg (https://postimg.cc/8JV6bc4K)
Caught a cold and dont have energy for hair, so oiled and employed some old fashioned taping to keep it out of the way for awhile.

That's such a pretty style. I also love the color of that ribbon :) get well soon SwanFeathers!

SwanFeathers
January 9th, 2019, 07:16 AM
:) get well soon SwanFeathers!

Thanks Begemot

lilelf
January 10th, 2019, 07:35 PM
Oiled with Kadi 18 herbs oil mixed with castor, double- washed with Palmer' s coconut poo and conditioned scalp to ends with DE coconut condish then Added some liquid keratin to some Cantu for Naturals leave in, air-dried it and it is now in a high half-through pony awaiting its time on my silk pillowcase. *fingers crossed my hair likes this new concoction long term*

Olux
January 11th, 2019, 01:04 AM
Positive affirmations. Don't know if it changes my hair, but it definitely changes the way i think of my self.

Growitagain28
January 11th, 2019, 05:27 AM
Applied too much castor & olive oil before bed last night so I am eagerly ready to wash this morning :doh:

Begemot
January 11th, 2019, 06:23 AM
First time trying Olaplex no. 3! It's insane how much that little bottle costs but maybe the stuff proves its worth. It's been on my hair about 20 minutes now, gonna go wash.

LittleHealthy
January 11th, 2019, 08:08 AM

Love this! This style of wrapping is really having it’s ‘moment’ right now, too. My guess is thanks to certain medieval style television series’!!

GardenHorse
January 11th, 2019, 08:47 AM
Vinegar rinse and let it airdry, will braid it!

Ylva
January 11th, 2019, 09:27 AM
First time trying Olaplex no. 3! It's insane how much that little bottle costs but maybe the stuff proves its worth. It's been on my hair about 20 minutes now, gonna go wash.

If you like it, I recommend buying a 2000 ml tub of Olaplex 2 instead. :) It's the same stuff, but slightly more concentrated (because it's aimed at professionals). I also recommend keeping any Olaplex treatment on for at least 4 hours. I've done a 1 hour Olaplex treatment as well, and I can tell there's a world of difference between them.

Begemot
January 11th, 2019, 10:08 AM
Thank you so much for the tips, Ylva...! :blossom: I'll do a 4 h treatment next time. Do you mind sharing where I can get 2000 ml tub of Olaplex? I think it could be a good investment for me.

redhed515
January 11th, 2019, 10:15 AM
My hair was feeling dry, so I just applied som l’oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil to it. I love that product.

Ylva
January 11th, 2019, 11:12 AM
Thank you so much for the tips, Ylva...! :blossom: I'll do a 4 h treatment next time. Do you mind sharing where I can get 2000 ml tub of Olaplex? I think it could be a good investment for me.

If I’m right about your country of residence, you’ll be able to purchase a tub of 2 through Luxplus. I’ve also seen it in some other store, but I can’t for the life of me remember its name. :doh:

Begemot
January 11th, 2019, 11:32 AM
If I’m right about your country of residence, you’ll be able to purchase a tub of 2 through Luxplus. I’ve also seen it in some other store, but I can’t for the life of me remember its name. :doh:

Thanks again, I'll check Luxplus! :)

JennGalt
January 11th, 2019, 12:01 PM
Just oiled it quite heavily by LHC standards. I was being depressed and lazy yesterday and couldn’t be bothered to do anything except put it in a bun and forget about it (skipped any moisturizing or oil). Today it was dry and brittle and my scalp was dry and itchy, but a heavy dose of sunflower oil made everything better :cloud9:

AuNaturel
January 11th, 2019, 03:33 PM
I have bought this Olaplex No.2 and can confirm that it behaves like the real stuff:
https://express.google.com/u/0/product/11180567975382874095_14261811108971476912_11872459 7_MountainView?__u=FHYOTQ45WMCZETI&ouid=106898239388668347063

Milkchocolate
January 11th, 2019, 04:35 PM
My hair was feeling dry, so I just applied som l’oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil to it. I love that product.

I’ve heard nothing but good things about that oil! What do you like about it? I’m interested in purchasing myself :)

Ylva
January 11th, 2019, 05:56 PM
I’ve heard nothing but good things about that oil! What do you like about it? I’m interested in purchasing myself :)

I actually bought that oil as well a while back, but I haven't opened it yet. Will finish this serum first. But it would be cool to hear how it has worked for others. :)

Missymo
January 11th, 2019, 10:20 PM
I just did a rice water and onion juice hair mask.

Katsura
January 12th, 2019, 04:14 AM
I've found a promising combination washing my hair in turns with Lidl's Cien keratin shampoo (that is very inexpensive which I like, I just wish they wouldn't use so much parfum in these products, but otherwise it seems great) and LV's soothing shampoo (LV is from finnish, "luotettava valinta", "trustworthy choice" in english) and I use Urtekram's aloe vera conditioner for my ends. It might become a routine, my hair gets a lot more body from the coney Cien shampoo and feels almost twice as full now. LV is without cones, sles shampoo to prevent any buildups.
I try not to trim my hair too often this year. I did a -5cm trim before Christmas, so I cut away a big part from 2018's progress that time.

Milkchocolate
January 12th, 2019, 08:08 AM
I actually bought that oil as well a while back, but I haven't opened it yet. Will finish this serum first. But it would be cool to hear how it has worked for others. :)

Definitely let us know what you think :) it was rated high up on Influenster and I’m currently looking for a new oil

kikuhoshi
January 12th, 2019, 12:03 PM
Just finished my weekly wash, now I just need to do my LOC before I head out the door! :)

unicourtney
January 12th, 2019, 01:47 PM
I applied Monistat to my scalp before bed last night, even though I was exhausted. I took my collagen and MSM powder this morning with my coffee and Viviscal and bamboo silica after breakfast! I've been really consistent over the last few weeks remembering to take my supplements twice a day, and my roots have been growing quickly so I'm a happy girl!

Dark40
January 12th, 2019, 03:21 PM
Today I've shampooed and conditioned my hair using Loreal VivePro Shampoo and Conditioner. I sprayed my Isoplus Leave-In Conditioner. Then, I let it air dry up to 5 hours. Next, I blow-dried it for only 5 minutes, and for the evening I'm just wearing it hanging down. Then, for sleep I will put it up in a bun.

Dark40
January 12th, 2019, 03:28 PM
I've found a promising combination washing my hair in turns with Lidl's Cien keratin shampoo (that is very inexpensive which I like, I just wish they wouldn't use so much parfum in these products, but otherwise it seems great) and LV's soothing shampoo (LV is from finnish, "luotettava valinta", "trustworthy choice" in english) and I use Urtekram's aloe vera conditioner for my ends. It might become a routine, my hair gets a lot more body from the coney Cien shampoo and feels almost twice as full now. LV is without cones, sles shampoo to prevent any buildups.
I try not to trim my hair too often this year. I did a -5cm trim before Christmas, so I cut away a big part from 2018's progress that time.

I'm glad you've found a product that really works for you! I love coney products too, and my hair loves them too. My hair needs them for slip, shine, and to keep tangle at bay. Why did you trim off 5cm before Christmas during 2018? To me, your hair looks like it's at WL! Because, to me depending on your height or where your thumb is that's where WL is where your hand is on your waist.

Reservechic
January 12th, 2019, 03:54 PM
I used DevaCurl's Decadence No-Poo to wash my hair with, deep conditioned with Garnier Fructis Repair Treat 1-Minute Mask (I of course kept in my hair for mm much longer than that-around 30 minutes$, and I did use my Hot Head Thermal Deep Conditoning Cap to deep condition with. After I rinsed out the hair mask, I applied CurlMix's Pure Flaxseed Gel onto my soaking wet hair, detangling with my Denman Brush as I went along. Lastly, I put my hair into a low bun using 2 scrunching to keep my bun nice and secure. I put my satin bonnet on and let my hair fully air dry underneath. Right now, my hair is 100% dry.

Tomorrow, I don't plan on adding anymore product to my hair. However, I will be applying more flaxseed gel to my hair as needed, until my next hair wash day rolls around again.

Xlena
January 12th, 2019, 07:25 PM
Today I did a good S&D for like 2 hours (I had too many split ends!) and then used a mix of silicon-free ends treatment with jojoba and avocado oil for about 3 hours. I just washed my hair and it feels extremely soft!

blackgothicdoll
January 12th, 2019, 07:31 PM
I just massaged my scalp and applied warm oil to my hair - Parachute Advansed Hot Oil - put my hair in two braids and put on a plastic cap. I'm not sure if I'll leave it on overnight or not this time.

My scalp has been so much less dry since I started doing this before wash day. I didn't notice any white flakes when I was parting my hair today.

cjk
January 12th, 2019, 08:00 PM
Experimenting!

https://i.imgur.com/JckhTUV_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

lithostoic
January 12th, 2019, 08:08 PM
Letting it "dry" in a t-shirt. Idk why I keep trying this because it's always wet when I take it down but we'll see.

Katsura
January 13th, 2019, 07:18 AM
I'm glad you've found a product that really works for you! I love coney products too, and my hair loves them too. My hair needs them for slip, shine, and to keep tangle at bay. Why did you trim off 5cm before Christmas during 2018? To me, your hair looks like it's at WL! Because, to me depending on your height or where your thumb is that's where WL is where your hand is on your waist.

The reason I trimmed the -5 cm last year was the overall bad feeling about my hair, because I was using products that made my hair very flat and dull (I know that now :D ). By chopping I thought I was doing at least some kind of improvement, but it did not do much after all. Now I feel a lot better about my hair, and I think I can leave the scissors alone for much longer.
I've got some difficulty locating my waist at the moment, lol. ;)

lithostoic
January 13th, 2019, 07:22 AM
Letting it "dry" in a t-shirt. Idk why I keep trying this because it's always wet when I take it down but we'll see.

I took it down after 3 hours and it was still soaking :P Slept with it draped over my pillow under the fan for 7 hours aaaand ... still slightly damp. Sigh. Low porosity hair can be a PITA. But at least I know my hair is FULLY moisturized XD

Begemot
January 13th, 2019, 07:46 AM
Applied scalp moisturizing lotion and gonna let it sit over night.

Ligeia Noire
January 13th, 2019, 10:23 AM
Currently with an smt on... and thinking to trim or not to trim..... last year I trimmed once and then s&d... but I am do for one but I don't want to. No no no 😓

clandestine
January 13th, 2019, 12:29 PM
Letting it rest untied. Last night I did a scalp wash then braid and this morning I went on a 5 mile walk and bunned it. I showered after my walk and managed to get it kinda wet so I'm letting it air dry to rest my scalp and in hopes that dryer hair will help me be less chilly.

Dark40
January 13th, 2019, 02:37 PM
The reason I trimmed the -5 cm last year was the overall bad feeling about my hair, because I was using products that made my hair very flat and dull (I know that now :D ). By chopping I thought I was doing at least some kind of improvement, but it did not do much after all. Now I feel a lot better about my hair, and I think I can leave the scissors alone for much longer.
I've got some difficulty locating my waist at the moment, lol. ;)

Ohhh, ok I see. Yeah, before I joined here at LHC I used to be scissor-happy and trim or cut about an inch of my hair all of the time like every 2 weeks or a month. Thinking that my ends were split, and they really weren't. My mom would get on me about that at times. She would say, "You did not need to trim your hair." "It's not split or damaged." Now, I've learned that. Because, nowadays I hardly every get split ends or any damaged hairs. I've also learned that trimming often doesn't improve it any better either. I now only trim once or twice a year, and since I've started that about 5 years ago I've retained a lot of length! :D Me too, also used to have a lot of trouble finding my waist...lol. But now, since I go particially by the length chart and different heights. With my height being at 5'3", and also having a short torso I know where my waist is now.

I'm glad now that I'm no longer scissor-happy too.

Dark40
January 13th, 2019, 02:39 PM
Currently with an smt on... and thinking to trim or not to trim..... last year I trimmed once and then s&d... but I am do for one but I don't want to. No no no ��

A smt sounds like a really good treatment. I don't think you need a trim right now....if you don't feel like doing one then don't do it. No no no. :) Like the saying goes, "If it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Begemot
January 14th, 2019, 04:47 AM
Deep conditioning treatment applied, waiting for it to do its magic and making dinner in the mean time.

Ligeia Noire
January 14th, 2019, 06:17 AM
A smt sounds like a really good treatment. I don't think you need a trim right now....if you don't feel like doing one then don't do it. No no no. :) Like the saying goes, "If it ain't broke don't fix it!"

I might not do it. Hmmm

cestlavie
January 14th, 2019, 07:19 AM
I made a diy hairmask (tried to recreate lush's marilyn) with flaxseeds boiled in chamomile flower tea to make the gel, olive oil, vitamin e, bisabolol, chamomile extract, chamomile and lemon essential oil and a bit of lemon juice (and a preservative). Applied it and left it in for 1,5 hour and washed it out like normal. Look pretty shiny already :)

Viola_sororia
January 14th, 2019, 10:44 AM
I have the day off, so I am relaxing and crocheting a rectangle to hang up on my wall to store and display my hair sticks and forks. It's a marbled pastel pink and I plan on putting tassels on the corners.

chiapommama
January 14th, 2019, 02:15 PM
Clarified and deep conditioned.

priinnz
January 14th, 2019, 02:19 PM
I made a diy hairmask (tried to recreate lush's marilyn) with flaxseeds boiled in chamomile flower tea to make the gel, olive oil, vitamin e, bisabolol, chamomile extract, chamomile and lemon essential oil and a bit of lemon juice (and a preservative). Applied it and left it in for 1,5 hour and washed it out like normal. Look pretty shiny already :)

That sounds really nice. Can you suggest how much flaxseed you add to the chamomile tea? Also do you apply this to your scalp too cestlavie?

priinnz
January 14th, 2019, 06:15 PM
Massaging scalp with green tea while also drinking it.☕️🍵

unicourtney
January 14th, 2019, 06:47 PM
Co-washed and now have in some Olaplex 1 and 2. I'm going to deep condition after about an hour and a half. Tomorrow I'm going to get my roots done (yay!) and a 1 inch trim (boo!) My ends have been looking rough so it's time.

Ylva
January 14th, 2019, 07:06 PM
I smacked coconut oil all over my hair as pre-poo and I'm letting it sit there for a while until I bother to drag myself into the shower. Also, I accidentally brushed some dog pee into my hair. I dropped my brush and it landed in a dog bowl that was waiting to be washed (brought from outside). I picked it up quickly, thinking it was all good and dandy, only to soon notice that someone (I'm looking at you Pagan) had peed in the bowl. :S So that's my new fashionable deep treatment - coconut oil mixed with dog pee!

Massaging scalp with green tea while also drinking it.☕️��

Great combo! :)

JennGalt
January 14th, 2019, 07:15 PM
I smacked coconut oil all over my hair as pre-poo and I'm letting it sit there for a while until I bother to drag myself into the shower. Also, I accidentally brushed some dog pee into my hair. I dropped my brush and it landed in a dog bowl that was waiting to be washed (brought from outside). I picked it up quickly, thinking it was all good and dandy, only to soon notice that someone (I'm looking at you Pagan) had peed in the bowl. :S So that's my new fashionable deep treatment - coconut oil mixed with dog pee!

Yuuuuck!!! Sorry that happened to you! Jeez, I thought it was bad when one of my dogs sneezed and blew snot all over my hair. (I would not recommend dog snot as a conditioner, btw.)

priinnz
January 14th, 2019, 07:27 PM

Thanks Ylva..

Sorry to know about the dog pee incident. Although the way you have written it, I am unable to keep a straight face.;)

Ylva
January 14th, 2019, 07:36 PM
Yuuuuck!!! Sorry that happened to you! Jeez, I thought it was bad when one of my dogs sneezed and blew snot all over my hair. (I would not recommend dog snot as a conditioner, btw.)

Thanks Ylva..

Sorry to know about the dog pee incident. Although the way you have written it, I am unable to keep a straight face.;)

Thanks guys. :D At least I am going to clarify soon (like, within a couple of hours soon, not within a couple of days type of soon), so it's all good. I've become quite desensitized to anything dog-related, pee and poo are such a huge part of my everyday life, lol. It'll hopefully be a while until the dog poo mask, though.

AuNaturel
January 14th, 2019, 08:29 PM
Hahaha dog pee!!! I mean, I am SO SORRY that happened to you. <3

I shampooed this morning, towel-dried, and slathered in Olaplex no.2 to naked hair, and left it to dry in a bun. I'll sleep in it overnight. Tomorrow, I plan to rinse it out, do a deep condition, which I'll leave in for 30 minutes with heat, and then rinse that out, condish, LOC and air-dry.

lithostoic
January 14th, 2019, 08:49 PM
Bunned for sleep but may end up taking it down. I've been getting a lot of migraines lately.

Ylva
January 14th, 2019, 10:41 PM
Hahaha dog pee!!! I mean, I am SO SORRY that happened to you. <3

All clarified out now. ;)

leayellena
January 15th, 2019, 01:29 AM
detangled and braided bun. I'll do an S&D session while watching tv today. later I'll probably take a bath. I am *hatch* cold.

cestlavie
January 15th, 2019, 03:51 AM
That sounds really nice. Can you suggest how much flaxseed you add to the chamomile tea? Also do you apply this to your scalp too cestlavie?

I used 1/2 cup of flaxseeds with 2.5 cups of chamomile tea. Keep in mind this is for a batch I could use multiple times on my hair, not for one use. I applied it on my scalp and after washing it out it gave my fine hair some volume and I have the idea that it soothes my scalp too. Also, the treatment gave a wonderful shine to the hair.

Begemot
January 15th, 2019, 04:57 AM
Straightened my bangs with a flat iron. I prefer to style them with a brush and blow-dryer but I have no time for that today.

Edelweiss11
January 15th, 2019, 06:54 AM
Just applied a mix of castor and coconut oil with 3 drops of lavender EO. I'm gonna keep it all day long before washing my hair.

zashin66
January 15th, 2019, 08:50 AM
Just took it down after working all night with it up in French braid

joylightbeauty
January 15th, 2019, 09:27 AM
Today I'm going to skip washing it and let it be. Switching to washing every other day instead of daily is already helping the texture of the damaged areas.

Reservechic
January 15th, 2019, 12:42 PM
My scalp eczema was flaring up very badly in this co.d weather, so I had no other choice but to wash my hair this morning (to get some relief). Because it's super cold, I just co-washed my hair the As I Am Coconut Co-Wash, chose to skip deep conditioning this time because I was trying yo get in and out of the bathroom as quick as I could. I applied CurlMix's Pure Flaxseed Gel into my soaking wet hair in sections, detangling with my Denman brush as I went along, and then lastly, I put my hair into a low bun secured with two scrunchies, and I left my hair to air dry. Right now my hair is almost fully dry.

For my next hair wash, I definitely plan on using my new blow dryer for sure. So, that way, I won't be waiting several hours anymore on my wash days for my hair to fully dry anymore.

Begemot
January 15th, 2019, 03:28 PM
First time trying sesame seed oil! It has somewhat strong, nutty (seed-y?) scent but I don't mind. I remember reading some where that sesame seed oil can darken one's hair over time, I wonder if that's true... :ponder:

clandestine
January 15th, 2019, 05:45 PM
Coconut oiling while I watch a movie. I even put it on my face....coconutty goodness! :p

Dark40
January 16th, 2019, 10:16 AM
Just co-washed my hair using Alberto VO5's Kiwi and Lime Conditioner, and I also used a deep conditioning mask from Garnier Fructis. Then, I sprayed my leave-in conditioner on, and I'm sitting here letting it air-dry up to 4 or 5 hours. Next, I'm going to apply some Luster's Pink Oil Moisturizing Lotion, and I'm going to blow-dry for only 5 minutes.

Ylva
January 16th, 2019, 01:09 PM
I applied coconut oil to my hair as pre-poo. I'm now freely washing every other day if I feel like it. I'm loving the freedom!

SwanFeathers
January 16th, 2019, 03:07 PM
Love this! This style of wrapping is really having it’s ‘moment’ right now, too. My guess is thanks to certain medieval style television series’!!

Not sure what show that is (i dont have cable) but this style wasnt really a thing until the Renaissance period.

Ylva
January 16th, 2019, 05:20 PM
I just oiled and massaged my scalp using a mix of castor oil, sweet almond oil, vitamin E oil and peppermint and tea tree essential oils. I'll leave it in while the sauna is heating up, then I'll wash my hair.

priinnz
January 16th, 2019, 05:52 PM
I used 1/2 cup of flaxseeds with 2.5 cups of chamomile tea. Keep in mind this is for a batch I could use multiple times on my hair, not for one use. I applied it on my scalp and after washing it out it gave my fine hair some volume and I have the idea that it soothes my scalp too. Also, the treatment gave a wonderful shine to the hair.

Thank you.. Can it be stored in fridge then? How long do you leave it on your hair?

Sorry for the billion questions.. but this is too interesting

blackgothicdoll
January 16th, 2019, 05:58 PM
Hardcore neglecting it. It's in a ratball (read: high bun) right now and could use some oiling and detangling. But I feel like crap lately, and need to go to the doctor in the morning, so I'll take care of it tomorrow evening. :o

chiapommama
January 16th, 2019, 09:26 PM
Shampooed and conditioned with Pantene Micellar water. Used Garnier Sleek and shine leave in conditioner and the anti frizz serum. Air drying . Really liking the pairing of the Garnier and Pantene. They go together pretty well, at least for me .

zashin66
January 17th, 2019, 01:47 AM
Umh got it wrapped in a towel drying after WC...

JennGalt
January 17th, 2019, 01:53 AM
Making my first batch of flaxseed gel :) and hoping I won’t regret squeezing a little lemon juice in it for a preservative.

cestlavie
January 17th, 2019, 04:02 AM
Double post oops

cestlavie
January 17th, 2019, 04:03 AM
Thank you.. Can it be stored in fridge then? How long do you leave it on your hair?

Sorry for the billion questions.. but this is too interesting

Haha, don't worry about it! I like to answer your questions.

It can be stored in the fridge but in my first post I mentioned that I also used a preservative to protect it from bacteria, mold etc. And to use it for a longer time since I made a big batch. The preservative I used is called leucidal SF. I left it in my hair for 1,5 hour but used a showercap to prevent it from drying on the hair.

cestlavie
January 17th, 2019, 05:18 AM
Applied a mixture of grapeseed oil with castor oil on my scalp and use Urtekram's coconut hair oil on my lengths.

joylightbeauty
January 17th, 2019, 08:01 AM
I just oiled and massaged my scalp using a mix of castor oil, sweet almond oil, vitamin E oil and peppermint and tea tree essential oils. I'll leave it in while the sauna is heating up, then I'll wash my hair. This sounds like a great oil mixture. I never thought about using vitamin E oil. I'll have to try adding this to my next oil treatment.

Hardcore neglecting it. It's in a ratball (read: high bun) right now and could use some oiling and detangling. But I feel like crap lately, and need to go to the doctor in the morning, so I'll take care of it tomorrow evening. :o Hoping you feel better soon!

blackgothicdoll
January 17th, 2019, 01:30 PM
Hoping you feel better soon!

Thank you! :)

priinnz
January 17th, 2019, 03:03 PM
Haha, don't worry about it! I like to answer your questions.

It can be stored in the fridge but in my first post I mentioned that I also used a preservative to protect it from bacteria, mold etc. And to use it for a longer time since I made a big batch. The preservative I used is called leucidal SF. I left it in my hair for 1,5 hour but used a showercap to prevent it from drying on the hair.

Thanks, hopefully I can try this tomorrow :)

priinnz
January 18th, 2019, 04:28 AM
Scalp massage with a mix of FRW aloe Vera and coconut oil with rosemary and peppermint EO
Only coconut oil on lengths

Noticing my hair is shedding a lot more after my recent overseas trip.. at first I put it to jet lag and weather change.... but it’s been a couple of weeks now so beginning to worry.

Katsura
January 18th, 2019, 05:13 AM
Just keeping it tied up, out of sight out of mind. I get occasional urges to chopping off hennaed lenghts.

priinnz
January 18th, 2019, 09:37 PM
It was wash day today😀!
A lot of people tel me looking after their hair is too much work but for me it’s pampering.
I applied onion juice mask in the morning
And the CWCC. Hair is drying now. Feels so good to have clean hair