PDA

View Full Version : The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179

Nadine <3
September 19th, 2014, 02:10 PM
I have the craziest sock bun curls going on today! When I first took them out they where actually kinda scary haha

My other random thought is, I used mineral oil in my hair last night and I think I like it.

skeletonous
September 19th, 2014, 02:11 PM
I just realized how obvious the difference in length of my layers is when I brush my waves out. It looks like I have a blunt cut bob about an inch away from jawline but with a jawline-length mullet in the back. Good thing I can tuck my hair behind my ears and make it look normal :laugh: maybe I will cut the back before the end of the year so that I can do the No Trims 2015 challenge and stay sane.

Johannah
September 19th, 2014, 02:17 PM
I've been struggling with the same question for about a year (or longer?). Now they're almost shoulder length. Problem solved. :)

I think I might be buying my first real internet hair toy today. But I don't know what! It should be either black/white/neutralish colour acrylic or wood. Fork? Stick? It has to be budget (maybe I'll buy two!). Not too expensive to ship to Europe either. A pair ketylos would be perfect, but they're not selling now apparently. So difficult!

Guess this will happen to me as well if I keep feeling like this :lol:

And what about eaduard sticks?

skeletonous
September 19th, 2014, 02:54 PM
I think it might be because I woke up at 4:40 this morning and I'm tired, but I am really cranky with how short my hair is at the moment...it's super long compared to when I first got my pixie cut and it grows fast and I'm grateful for that, but realizing that I do in fact have to trim that mullet again is really making me miss being able to braid my hair and do buns. Here's to hoping that my hair keeps growing at an inch per month and that my hair will be at jaw length or longer unstretched by the end of October. :cloud9:

Zesty
September 19th, 2014, 08:58 PM
Tulip wood will be the death of me. ***Every*** time I see the thumbnail of a fork and think, "Wow, what a gorgeous color and grain!" I click on it and it's tulip wood. Apparently if I had my way, nothing but tulip wood would touch my hair (comb, forks, sticks...).

But I must save up for the Ficcare I want, so I can diversify.

Johannah
September 20th, 2014, 03:42 AM
Gooooosh I got a lot of taper :( :( :(

YGDW
September 20th, 2014, 03:46 AM
And what about eaduard sticks?

They look nice (well, some of 'm). Only would like to buy single sticks though - have to see whether that's possible. :)

Today I'm working at a festival and I want to look somewhat presentable. Yet, I also don't feel like washing my hair because it'll become dirty and smelly anyway. Those whole hair growing thing gives quite some new dilemmas!

jacqueline101
September 20th, 2014, 03:49 AM
My thought for the day. Last night I washed my hair it was extra oily. I don't know why.

Johannah
September 20th, 2014, 04:21 AM
They look nice (well, some of 'm). Only would like to buy single sticks though - have to see whether that's possible. :)

Today I'm working at a festival and I want to look somewhat presentable. Yet, I also don't feel like washing my hair because it'll become dirty and smelly anyway. Those whole hair growing thing gives quite some new dilemmas!

https://www.etsy.com/nl/shop/AmyBaba?section_id=14818454&ref=shopsection_leftnav_1

https://www.etsy.com/nl/shop/OutNumberedNovelties?section_id=10384352&ref=shopsection_leftnav_4

https://www.etsy.com/nl/shop/WoodArtJewelry?section_id=11778248&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2

http://www.cultmate.de/haarstaebe/ketylo/

http://shop.maiden-like.de/index.php?cPath=35&osCsid=897d278e6524970056c37f1516b91e5b

Here you go. I'm sure you'll find something you like! ;)

Dreams_in_Pink
September 20th, 2014, 05:04 AM
I need twice the length i have to get to classic. Nice. :rolleyes:

Why is it taking eaduard sticks forever to ship? Been 2 weeks now :(

Johannah
September 20th, 2014, 06:10 AM
I need twice the length i have to get to classic. Nice. :rolleyes:

Why is it taking eaduard sticks forever to ship? Been 2 weeks now :(

Sometimes he ships in a couple of days, sometimes it takes WEEKS. I purchased a satin sleep cap on august 27... Still not shipped. So annoying those things!

Dreams_in_Pink
September 20th, 2014, 06:38 AM
I placed two orders from him and both took forever to ship :( guess i'm just unlucky...

Sunny_side_up
September 20th, 2014, 06:55 AM
Hrm, got lots of eggs to use, so may do a mix of yolk & coconut oil on my hair. Been looking up mixes, never done this before.

skeletonous
September 20th, 2014, 08:16 AM
Bandana on today...woke up with crazy bedhead waves after taking my sleep cap off and going back to sleep on my silk pillowcase. Wet them down and brushed them out to get rid of the fact that they were sticking up and because of the way my layers are right now, it made my hair look odd. So bandana it was :p still sad that I'm going to have to cut to even out my hemline anyway...but at least I'll be super happy with my hair because it doesn't look chunky!

dogzdinner
September 20th, 2014, 08:45 AM
ok, just seen a woman walking down the street with her hair piled up on her head and smothered in either conditioner or dye!:confused:
I mean Ive seen women out and about in their PJs and slippers before but never with half their wash cycle completed!LOL (and she was happily chatting on her phone not running out of a burning building screaming 'FIRE!!'...so WTH!?)

skeletonous
September 20th, 2014, 08:47 AM
^ that's pretty odd :bigeyes:

Stray_mind
September 20th, 2014, 08:55 AM
Ordered my first hairfork yesterday and it shoul arrive next month.. So exciteeeeed :)

jacqueline101
September 20th, 2014, 09:12 AM
My thought for the day is my hair looks great for once. It's shiny and soft.

molljo
September 20th, 2014, 02:44 PM
I need to stop revisiting failed techniques and stick to what works. Yesterday I thought I'd give CO washing yet another try, and I lost so much hair, and even though I scrubbed my scalp my roots are greasy today. Thoroughly annoyed with myself.

GetMeToWaist
September 20th, 2014, 03:03 PM
My hair was actually nice and curly today, it looked 2c/3a in the lengths. But sadly it lies. The waves are unpredictable which is why i maintain at a 2b.

skeletonous
September 20th, 2014, 04:04 PM
Going to do an oil treatment tonight :) I might start doing them every week instead of every two, especially as it gets colder. Since I probably won't be able to braid my hair this winter, I think I might just a use a leave in conditioner instead of an oil when I go outside, still thinking of trying Giovanni Direct Leave in on slightly damp hair.

littlemonster
September 20th, 2014, 04:09 PM
If I found an essential oil that eases my headaches, then put that in my leave in, I could be forever headache free.

ExpectoPatronum
September 20th, 2014, 04:29 PM
I think the last round of hair coloring killed my wave pattern. :(

Nadine <3
September 20th, 2014, 05:17 PM
My hair is dirty, but my scalp doesn't itch for once so I'm stretchin' it!

battles
September 20th, 2014, 05:31 PM
I have wispy baby hairs EVERYWHERE and they make me look like a madwoman. They're too long to be cute and too short to stay up.

spirals
September 20th, 2014, 10:50 PM
ok, just seen a woman walking down the street with her hair piled up on her head and smothered in either conditioner or dye!:confused:
I mean Ive seen women out and about in their PJs and slippers before but never with half their wash cycle completed!LOL (and she was happily chatting on her phone not running out of a burning building screaming 'FIRE!!'...so WTH!?)
I grew up in southern California. I've seen men in pink sponge curlers.

Katlette
September 21st, 2014, 12:45 AM

I admit I am guilty of going out with a pile of henna on my head! :cheese:

hanne jensen
September 21st, 2014, 02:38 AM
I remember when it was normal to see women in haircurlers in public. Everywhere and anywhere.

jacqueline101
September 21st, 2014, 02:58 AM
I used my doo gro in the cold cream type jar on my root line on my center part yesterday night. I can still smell it by the way. I hope it's working I found the rest of my hair growth items.

GetMeToWaist
September 21st, 2014, 03:19 AM
i am gonna go officially cone free now and throw out all my coney products.

ETA:

If any of you coney guys living in the UK would like:

Organix Coconut Milk Anti Breakage Serum (used 1/4)
Loreal Extraordinary Oil (used 1/4)
Vosene Kids Detangler (not used before)
Herbal Essences Beautiful Ends Mask (1/2 used)
Herbal Essences Bee Strong Mask (3/4 used)
Aussie 3 Minute Miracle (1/2 used)

Let me know. There is still a lot of product left in most of them and they are good products if you like cones. £5 should cover it if you want them and I post them off to you in a parcel. PM me if you do!

Johannah
September 21st, 2014, 03:41 AM
I'm thinking of making some bun pictures... Hmm...

YGDW
September 21st, 2014, 03:50 AM
https://www.etsy.com/nl/shop/AmyBaba?section_id=14818454&ref=shopsection_leftnav_1

https://www.etsy.com/nl/shop/OutNumberedNovelties?section_id=10384352&ref=shopsection_leftnav_4

https://www.etsy.com/nl/shop/WoodArtJewelry?section_id=11778248&ref=shopsection_leftnav_2

http://www.cultmate.de/haarstaebe/ketylo/

http://shop.maiden-like.de/index.php?cPath=35&osCsid=897d278e6524970056c37f1516b91e5b

Here you go. I'm sure you'll find something you like! ;)

Thanks!! Now I also want a ficcare clip from maiden like, three ketylos and some eaduard sticks. Wonder whether it is possible to survive on plain pasta for a week. Probably yes, but it won't be good for the hair growth. ;)

Anyway, I got a million compliments on my braided bun yesterday. Yay!

Johannah
September 21st, 2014, 03:54 AM
Thanks!! Now I also want a ficcare clip from maiden like, three ketylos and some eaduard sticks. Wonder whether it is possible to survive on plain pasta for a week. Probably yes, but it won't be good for the hair growth. ;)

Anyway, I got a million compliments on my braided bun yesterday. Yay!

If you want to start with wearing your hair up, ketylo's are AMAZING. These were my first hair sticks and I've used them for 8 months or so before I bought other hair sticks ;)

YGDW
September 21st, 2014, 04:35 AM
I ordered two ketylos, one white acrylic (s) and one dark ebony (m). I also bought a black ficcare (m). Let's just say that this is the money I saved by washing less frequently and ditching the salon. ;)

On my to buy list are still...
- two eaduard sticks (night sky, computer matrix)
- a jeter fork.

But first things first! :bounce:

Johannah
September 21st, 2014, 06:35 AM
I ordered two ketylos, one white acrylic (s) and one dark ebony (m). I also bought a black ficcare (m). Let's just say that this is the money I saved by washing less frequently and ditching the salon. ;)

On my to buy list are still...
- two eaduard sticks (night sky, computer matrix)
- a jeter fork.

But first things first! :bounce:

Congrats with your first purchase! ;) Jeterforks and ead sticks (especially night sky) are AMAZING as well.

Beware: hair toys can be addictive...........

EdG
September 21st, 2014, 06:52 AM
I ordered two ketylos, one white acrylic (s) and one dark ebony (m). I also bought a black ficcare (m). Let's just say that this is the money I saved by washing less frequently and ditching the salon. ;)That made me think of how much money I have saved by not going to the barbers for a quarter of a century. :thud:
Ed

jacqueline101
September 21st, 2014, 06:59 AM
I'm glad I'm frugal as Damien puts it. It pays off on remodeling, food and hair expenses. I trimmed half inch off my ends too many splits to s&d I tried it.

SnottyDotty
September 21st, 2014, 07:02 AM
Rinsing my scalp/virgin hair in nothing but my bathwater was an awful, awful idea which I will never repeat.

martyna_22
September 21st, 2014, 08:03 AM
After hennaing my roots and glossing my length (I've only just rinsed it) the baby hairs around my face are crazy orange! I've already forgotten how vibrant the orange is at first :D I'm glad I decided to do it today, so by the time I'm on campus everything will be nice and oxidised.

YGDW
September 21st, 2014, 11:09 AM
Congrats with your first purchase! ;) Jeterforks and ead sticks (especially night sky) are AMAZING as well.

Beware: hair toys can be addictive...........

Thanks! And I think your warning has already proven to be true. I was on the verge of buying two jeter sticks. When I tried to pay and saw my empty bank account, I just got away safely. Pfew!

battles
September 21st, 2014, 11:14 AM
Is long hair an "in" thing right now? This year I randomly noticed everyone has hair ranging from BSL to tailbone, last year everyone had hair above BSL. It really makes me regret using henna and having to cut mine. :( Oh well. I'm sure pixies or bobs will be in again next year.

skeletonous
September 21st, 2014, 11:31 AM
^ I think it might be, but I also think you're right when you say that pixie cuts and bobs will be in again next year :) plus I don't think many people would grow their hair to LHC lengths because it's "in" at the moment.

battles
September 21st, 2014, 11:40 AM
^ I think it might be, but I also think you're right when you say that pixie cuts and bobs will be in again next year :) plus I don't think many people would grow their hair to LHC lengths because it's "in" at the moment.

Yeah, probably. I've never seen long hair around here before, so it kind of surprised me a little. Most of them appear to be teenage girls who wear it loose most of the time, so I'm not actually sure if they could get to super lengths. I couldn't say, I've never tried personally..

I'm pretty sure the fashionable hair length changes each year just so no one can actually keep up. I have no idea how it just exploded this year.

Larki
September 21st, 2014, 01:45 PM
I was adjusting my hair on my pillow last night, and it occurred to me that my hair is actually softer than my satin pillowcase! :D

Zesty
September 21st, 2014, 01:45 PM
Busy lusting after the Ficcarissimo I want... I have to save up for two more weeks to get it. Spoiled hair addict problems.

Also my cinnabuns are so pathetically small now. :C But they work pretty consistently with Magic Grip hair pins, so that's what I've been doing lately...

Zesty
September 21st, 2014, 01:46 PM
Oh, and I'm debating on whether to save up for a real silk sleep cap or just buy a $7 polyester satin one at Sally's. Other silly problems. I'll probably cave and buy the polyester one, since I'd rather spend money on toys...

Hopeful65
September 21st, 2014, 01:52 PM
Is long hair an "in" thing right now? This year I randomly noticed everyone has hair ranging from BSL to tailbone, last year everyone had hair above BSL. It really makes me regret using henna and having to cut mine. :( Oh well. I'm sure pixies or bobs will be in again next year.

I wonder if people end up finding the LHC site when googling things about hair (like I did). Although I've had long hair for years (by society's standards) I discovered this site and became hooked. I notice more long hair these days too.
I've also thought that perhaps due to the economy, for some, it is more economical to not get roped in to visiting beauty salons. That gets expensive to keep up certain hairstyles.

battles
September 21st, 2014, 02:04 PM
Oh, and I'm debating on whether to save up for a real silk sleep cap or just buy a $7 polyester satin one at Sally's. Other silly problems. I'll probably cave and buy the polyester one, since I'd rather spend money on toys...

I ended up having to buy them pretty frequently because the band would keep stretching out and it wouldn't stay on my head anymore. Personally, I think it's worth it to save up for one with a tie.

I wonder if people end up finding the LHC site when googling things about hair (like I did). Although I've had long hair for years (by society's standards) I discovered this site and became hooked. I notice more long hair these days too.
I've also thought that perhaps due to the economy, for some, it is more economical to not get roped in to visiting beauty salons. That gets expensive to keep up certain hairstyles.

Could be any number of things. :) It is definitely much cheaper.. Until you get into hairtoys. :D

jacqueline101
September 21st, 2014, 03:02 PM
I still have my doo gro on I catch a whiff now and then. My scalp is itchy maybe I am going to grow. I hope so anyways.

Sunny_side_up
September 21st, 2014, 04:00 PM
Wore hair down for our walk today, urgh tangled hair..(apl) held off on askin mum for a trim though. Have done an egg yolk & coconut oil treatment this eve. Err felt bit weird, washing didnt feel nice, took longer. Also usual terrible shedding still occuring. Really getting fed up with the dry, tatty dyed ends.

MJ1972
September 21st, 2014, 06:01 PM
Is long hair an "in" thing right now? This year I randomly noticed everyone has hair ranging from BSL to tailbone, last year everyone had hair above BSL.

Where I am, a lot of teenage girls seem to be wearing extensions. Yes, they have long hair, but about half of it isn't theirs...

Trin
September 21st, 2014, 06:23 PM
At work today, a woman came in with ringlets, I was helping her so I had to ask if they were natural (she had complimented my bun, so we were on the topic anyways), and they were... I started contemplating stealing her hair. That happens on an almost daily basis whenever I see curls or waves. Does this happen to anyone else?

spirals
September 21st, 2014, 10:44 PM
I have successfully stretched to 4 (5?) days now. The last wash was Wednesday. I usually can't get past this point because my scalp itches something awful. This time my scalp spray worked, though it usually doesn't. It's the same as my face toner--water, salt, aspirin, citric acid, and a bit of alcohol. I put the bottle on stream and spray my scalp and let it run down the back. Then I brush with a detangling brush. This is before bed, so it doesn't matter that it's wet. In the mornings I lightly spray my BBB with oil and brush the lengths. My hair is so soft and doesn't look greasy. I think I can get to Tuesday night. We'll see. The longer I go the easier it is to bun my thick hair.

Stray_mind
September 22nd, 2014, 12:51 AM
Yesterday i was in the water park and didn't have any protective cap, so my hair got soaked in chlorine.. :( Gonna baby them to no end this month...

Estrid
September 22nd, 2014, 02:18 AM
I wish my hair would grow 50 cm over this next night (like *magic*) so that I could join all the fun threads I see here instead of just bookmarking them. To make fancy buns and braids and awe over hair toys that I know I could use ... it would be sooooo nice.

darklyndsea
September 22nd, 2014, 05:39 AM
Maybe if I oil my hair every time I take it down, it'll eventually become moisturized.

jacqueline101
September 22nd, 2014, 05:46 AM
My nature fusion by Pantene has cassia in it. I'm wondering if it will enhance my blondette hair.

Knifegill
September 22nd, 2014, 09:41 AM
Rinsing my scalp/virgin hair in nothing but my bathwater was an awful, awful idea which I will never repeat.

Hard water?

jacqueline101
September 22nd, 2014, 10:42 AM
I've noticed less tangles since my trim and my scalp stop itching from my doo gro.

RainbowBowser
September 22nd, 2014, 11:03 AM
Finally managed to finish up a dry shampoo I hate, but ugggh I hated washing it out. but thankfully all the harsh shampooing made my hair less raggedy.

Knifegill
September 22nd, 2014, 11:05 AM
Too much cocoa last wash, made my scalp itchy

Sunny_side_up
September 22nd, 2014, 12:52 PM
Not sure what to make of the coconut oil& egg yolk treatment. Each strand feels plumped up, hair feels bit heavy & no dry ends! But looks pretty oily but shiny & the claw clip gave me nice waves, just doesnt look quite right & used two different shampoos on it this eve to rid myself of the greasy feel. Once with sls shampoo then with sls free, wanted to foam it up. Ends feel stronger & nourished. Heavy greasy feeling has gone, just a slight coated feel, c what it looks like dry.

skeletonous
September 22nd, 2014, 01:02 PM
Had to put a hat on today, it was chilly this morning! My hair didn't seem to mind though, which was good. :)

dogzdinner
September 22nd, 2014, 01:36 PM
Attempted a fishtail braid today. Did not go great and my arms are now killing me!

Wosie
September 22nd, 2014, 02:50 PM
I combed my hair (carefully, with a wide tooth comb) with the lower half drenched in conditioner while washing it today and I lost around four-five times as much hair as I normally do. :mad: Safe to say I won't do that again!

spirals
September 22nd, 2014, 03:31 PM
Had to wash today; bubble bath got in it. But at least I know I could've gone longer.

Nadine <3
September 22nd, 2014, 03:46 PM
I feel like my hair is impossible to dry out, is that weird? I shampoo'd my head three times in the shower with a clarifying shampoo and followed it up with suave coconut. My hair feels fantastic and not dry...I was sure it would feel dry!

SnottyDotty
September 22nd, 2014, 04:45 PM
Hard water?

You guessed it :)

Nadine <3
September 23rd, 2014, 09:59 AM
I was putting coconut oil in my hair and I had a ton left over on my hands, so I went around the house oiling the three cats. Now they're all sitting in the cat tree trying to lick it all off haha

brickworld13
September 23rd, 2014, 10:01 AM
My roots are growing in salt and pepper. I wonder if I will have trouble with henndigo sticky to the silvers. I know from the others that henna makes them bright orange.

Knifegill
September 23rd, 2014, 10:19 AM
I was putting coconut oil in my hair and I had a ton left over on my hands, so I went around the house oiling the three cats. Now they're all sitting in the cat tree trying to lick it all off haha

Well done.

YGDW
September 23rd, 2014, 10:25 AM
My roots are growing in salt and pepper. I wonder if I will have trouble with henndigo sticky to the silvers. I know from the others that henna makes them bright orange.

My hair is about 25% silver and 75% mid brownish/auburnish originally, and I love the sparkly orange/red! It gives so much depth and shine to my hennaed hair. It does not look weird at all, and my hair is still pretty dark.

I oiled heavily over the last days, and then washed my hair with a light sulphate shampoo instead of low-poo, and it looks the best it's ever done! :D

SnottyDotty
September 23rd, 2014, 11:00 AM

Hahaha, I love this.

Marbid
September 23rd, 2014, 01:18 PM
I just lost my etsy virginity....... With a hair stick..

battles
September 23rd, 2014, 03:52 PM
:neutral:

So, not entirely happy with my trim, but also not life ruining. I asked for a U-hem with light layering. It's still basically a blunt hem and the layers look choppy and like there's just one flat layer above the hem. I'm just going to ignore it for the next forever and then bring in a pic of how it looked when I did like it.

hanne jensen
September 24th, 2014, 02:00 AM
I'm usng a lot of oil as my hair is so dry.

YGDW
September 24th, 2014, 02:24 AM
I have a lot of nape hairs (about 1 or 2 inches in length) and their quantity seem to be growing (their length as well...). I wonder whether it is new growth due to better hair care, or damage from sleeping with a high bun.

Ingrid
September 24th, 2014, 03:37 AM
I have a lot of nape hairs (about 1 or 2 inches in length) and their quantity seem to be growing (their length as well...). I wonder whether it is new growth due to better hair care, or damage from sleeping with a high bun.

Only time will tell! If they don't grow longer, it's damage... if they do, new growth! Hurrah :cheer:

Johannah
September 24th, 2014, 03:41 AM
My hair is so greasy :(

TheBlondieDream
September 24th, 2014, 03:44 AM
My hair is so damn thin and fragile ...*sobs*

ARG
September 24th, 2014, 07:19 AM
I just lost my etsy virginity....... With a hair stick..

Welcome to the club! I think my husband curses LHC under his breath every time he catches me on Etsy.

UniqueWabbit
September 24th, 2014, 08:36 AM

:lol: :agree:

UniqueWabbit
September 24th, 2014, 08:38 AM
I need to stop revisiting failed techniques and stick to what works. Yesterday I thought I'd give CO washing yet another try, and I lost so much hair, and even though I scrubbed my scalp my roots are greasy today. Thoroughly annoyed with myself.

Are you sure it's not just the fall/autumn shed? I get that every spring and fall. In spring I get new baby hairs, in fall, not so much, but it seems like suddenly I'm going to go bald. Then after a week or two, it stops. Maybe you're getting your winter coat in? What usually does work for you, by the way? I'm looking for something to help my hair grow long and healthy.

UniqueWabbit
September 24th, 2014, 08:40 AM
I think the last round of hair coloring killed my wave pattern. :(

Hair color sucks. It never looks right. It messes up your curls. It just plain sucks. I'm starting to embrace my natural hair. All quarter of an inch of it! lol

UniqueWabbit
September 24th, 2014, 08:41 AM
I grew up in southern California. I've seen men in pink sponge curlers.

lmao! :pinktongue:

UniqueWabbit
September 24th, 2014, 08:50 AM
I bought an expensive silk sleep cap once. It makes a line around your forehead that takes forever to go away.

UniqueWabbit
September 24th, 2014, 08:55 AM
Ok, random hair thought: GROW! :pray: It sucks waiting for hair to grow! I wanna see my real true hair color on my head, down my back, etc. I'll never cut my hair to please somebody else again!:mad:

brickworld13
September 24th, 2014, 08:57 AM
Yesterday I was again struck with the urge to go for a really drastic cut and grow from a pixie. I wonder how long I will entertain this thought before jumping. It's been on my mind for a couple years.

TheBlondieDream
September 24th, 2014, 09:00 AM
Yesterday I was again struck with the urge to go for a really drastic cut and grow from a pixie. I wonder how long I will entertain this thought before jumping. It's been on my mind for a couple years.

Same here!
i wonder what will be like to have my hair grow completely new, but i know myself and i know i don't look fine in short haircuts so..

skeletonous
September 24th, 2014, 09:34 AM
^ To be honest, I think it depends on how damaged your hair is and how badly you want that kind of change. When I first got my pixie cut I really liked it but at the same time I felt a lot of loss...so much that it actually encouraged my depression. Sometimes I think I shouldn't have cut it because my hair was pretty healthy and about BSL at the time.

Plus I still can't do a full updo after almost 8? months of growing it out. It is at the stage where I can trim the back to match the length of the rest of my hair, making it into a bob, but I won't be able to put all of my hair up until it's at least midneck length.

There are perks of course, but I'm definitely someone who prefers long hair :) my longest I think was BSL+ maybe even Midback? so I really would like to surpass that someday.

But anyway, if your hair is really damaged from bleach, too many splits, and the like, or if you're really desperate for that kind of change, I say go for it! It'll take a long time to grow back to where it was, but it's definitely an experience. :o

dogzdinner
September 24th, 2014, 09:34 AM
After mentioning a woman going out with her hair covered in conditioner Ive just walked the dogs with my hair smothered in coconut oil! :D Ok, so it was in a nautilus bun and could pass for just being really greasy but still....pot meet kettle!

and I just counted how much hair I lose when I wash it (I was bored and curious!). Roughly 200 little escapees!! (no wonder my plugholes keep getting blocked!).

brickworld13
September 24th, 2014, 09:41 AM
^ To be honest, I think it depends on how damaged your hair is and how badly you want that kind of change. When I first got my pixie cut I really liked it but at the same time I felt a lot of loss...so much that it actually encouraged my depression. Sometimes I think I shouldn't have cut it because my hair was pretty healthy and about BSL length at the time.

Plus I still can't do a full updo after almost 8? months of growing it out. It is at the stage where I can trim the back to match the length of the rest of my hair, making it into a bob, but I won't be able to put all of my hair up until it's at least midneck length.

There are perks of course, but I'm definitely someone who prefers long hair :) my longest I think was BSL+ maybe even Midback? so I really would like to surpass that someday.

But anyway, if your hair is really damaged from bleach, too many splits, and the like, or if you're really desperate for that kind of change, I say go for it! It'll take a long time to grow back to where it was, but it's definitely an experience. :o

I will keep those things in mind. The entire lower half of my hair is split city. Mostly from rough handling, not enough moisture, and leaving it loose all the time. I've been wanting a pixie or a really edgy style with an undercut for quite a while. I just haven't had the guts to make the jump. I think it would be exciting as it would be the first hair change I had that was motivated by positivity. :)

skeletonous
September 24th, 2014, 09:52 AM
I will keep those things in mind. The entire lower half of my hair is split city. Mostly from rough handling, not enough moisture, and leaving it loose all the time. I've been wanting a pixie or a really edgy style with an undercut for quite a while. I just haven't had the guts to make the jump. I think it would be exciting as it would be the first hair change I had that was motivated by positivity. :)

That's a great thing to be excited about! I actually had an undercut before I got my pixie (shaved nape to the top of my ears), so I think that's partially what prompted me to get one so I wouldn't have the underside of my hair look odd as I was growing it out :p it was definitely fun while it lasted! But it did require upkeep that involved another person because it was hard to see to trim by myself.

Perhaps go for an a-line bob or even as long as a midback cut before the huge chop? That way you can pace yourself a bit and see if that's really what you want. If not, you haven't sacrificed too much length. :)

brickworld13
September 24th, 2014, 09:58 AM
That's a great thing to be excited about! I actually had an undercut before I got my pixie (shaved nape to the top of my ears), so I think that's partially what prompted me to get one so I wouldn't have the underside of my hair look odd as I was growing it out :p it was definitely fun while it lasted! But it did require upkeep that involved another person because it was hard to see to trim by myself.

Perhaps go for an a-line bob or even as long as a midback cut before the huge chop? That way you can pace yourself a bit and see if that's really what you want. If not, you haven't sacrificed too much length. :)

Maybe. I'm more of a leap without looking kind of person. :o I can't afford a cut right now anyway. For now, I'm going to stick with neglecting it and trimming off the ends as they get ratty.

skeletonous
September 24th, 2014, 10:04 AM
Maybe. I'm more of a leap without looking kind of person. :o I can't afford a cut right now anyway. For now, I'm going to stick with neglecting it and trimming off the ends as they get ratty.

Whatever works for you :o though if you get desperate for a chop, I think you can put your hair in a low ponytail, slide the elastic to the length you want, and use the elastic as a guide to cut it yourself by bringing your hair around to the front.

Lady Katherine
September 24th, 2014, 10:30 AM
I was braiding my hair in front of my mom last night and she said "wow your hair is getting really think and long!" It made me really happy. :)

spirals
September 24th, 2014, 12:53 PM
Perhaps go for an a-line bob or even as long as a midback cut before the huge chop? That way you can pace yourself a bit and see if that's really what you want. If not, you haven't sacrificed too much length. :)A-line bobs are really cute! A mid-back with layers is cute on almost anyone.

skeletonous
September 24th, 2014, 02:21 PM
I really just want to S&D my hair, besides the trim I plan on getting before the end of the year to get rid of my layers. The thing is, my hair is too short to get the back section around to the front to S&D. Not sure what to do.

brickworld13
September 24th, 2014, 02:23 PM
I really just want to S&D my hair, besides the trim I plan on getting before the end of the year to get rid of my layers. The thing is, my hair is too short to get the back section around to the front to S&D. Not sure what to do.

Bribe an assistant to help with the back.

skeletonous
September 24th, 2014, 02:27 PM
Bribe an assistant to help with the back.

I would, but there's no one that I know of that would sit there and do that lol, even with a bribe. If they're not a hair fanatic like those of us on the LHC, they're usually just like "your hair looks fine, just leave it or get a trim!" and think I'm being a bit obsessive. :p

Zesty
September 24th, 2014, 02:29 PM
I really like this conditioner, but hair stick buns are falling out a lot easier now that my hair is more slippery/soft.

Also my Ficcare tracking information just got sent, so yay~!

Entangled
September 24th, 2014, 09:02 PM
Shampoo is now officially magic itch relief.

Knifegill
September 24th, 2014, 09:09 PM
After 4 days of not brushing, only found two mild tangles. Then again, my hair is still pretty short, so not much tangle potential. But in the past, this is the length where tangles became common. So conditioner ahoy it is!

jacqueline101
September 24th, 2014, 09:24 PM
My hair thought I wonder why people think my hair is great. It snaps plastic combs into and is bit of a diva. It likes to tangle.

Catarina
September 24th, 2014, 11:38 PM
My random thought is how I've been away from LHC for years, and went back to blowdrying, hot irons, and shampooing and over coloring. I took a photo of it of a bun three nights ago and it looks dry and horrible with a lot of breakage. It's so bad I would never post a photo like I used to have here when it was shiny and glossy from avoiding all those terrible habits.

leilani
September 25th, 2014, 02:46 AM
Shampoo is now officially magic itch relief.

That's my theme of the week. After six months no poo, dandruff shampoo every day is where it's at until these scaly patches go away. I love the itch disappearance!! I'm not even conditioning, just sealing the wetness in with a bit of oil after, and living the volume and shine of being very clean!

Johannah
September 25th, 2014, 02:46 AM
Stretching hair washes isn't that hard when you don't got the time to wash it. :lol:

Ingrid
September 25th, 2014, 02:51 AM
Stretching hair washes isn't that hard when you don't got the time to wash it. :lol:

Or, it's too cold to get your hair wet! :laugh:

Johannah
September 25th, 2014, 02:55 AM
Or, it's too cold to get your hair wet! :laugh:

Since I live in Belgium, I'm kind of used to that :rolling:

Ingrid
September 25th, 2014, 03:09 AM
Since I live in Belgium, I'm kind of used to that :rolling:

I now live in a country where central heating is not the done thing, so I really feel the cold! shudder:

Johannah
September 25th, 2014, 04:20 AM

My dearest dry shampoo, I love you. :crush:

YGDW
September 25th, 2014, 05:21 AM
Received Ficcare and 2 Ketylos. Can't make them work in my hair. Tantrum time! shudder:

Estrid
September 25th, 2014, 05:32 AM
My collarbones are asymmetrical... on one side my hair almost reach the collarbone (1 cm away) while it's like 3 cm left on the other side... I think I will count it as cbl when it reach the lower collarbone ;)

veryhairyfairy
September 25th, 2014, 05:57 AM
Feeling my braid tassel tickle my lower back is amazing!
And I'm actually excited about wash day for the first time in a long time... my hair has been a complete stranger these last few days, and I think it all comes down to;
1) sweating at the gym without rinsing/washing hair after
or
2) last time I filled up my mister bottle I put just a spritz of my perfume in there... could be drying my hair and making it tangly

leilani
September 25th, 2014, 07:14 AM
Am I the only one whose scalp doesn't make any noticeable sebum? I've never had greasy hair.

Wosie
September 25th, 2014, 07:37 AM
leilani, I'm so envious! =o How often do you wash your hair? My roots start to look greasy after two days, normally.

YGDW
September 25th, 2014, 07:42 AM
Am I the only one whose scalp doesn't make any noticeable sebum? I've never had greasy hair.

I know other people who also never ever had greasy hair (they all had hip length or longer by the way). My DBF, even though his hair is about one inch, never washes it either. Unfortunately, I'm not one of them.

leilani
September 25th, 2014, 08:06 AM
Let's see, 4-5 days after a thorough scalp wash with dandruff shampoo and my head starts to itch. I'm washing daily now after giving up my nopoo experiment of six months, I'll continue that until scalp is in perfect shape, then go to twice a week.

GetMeToWaist
September 25th, 2014, 10:08 AM
leilani I am so jealous!! My scalp constantly looks oily :( I am hoping it will die down with COing.

skeletonous
September 25th, 2014, 10:16 AM
Glad that my routine is SLS free and has minimal cones (shampoos have Dimethicone Copolyol in it, which is water soluable :D and also Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate which is more gentle than SLS). My conditioner has no cones at all which still kind of surprises me. :p I alternate Organix Coconut Milk Shampoo and Organix Argan Oil Shampoo and use v05's Shea Cashmere conditoner, which I might switch up with another v05 conditioner in the future.

Eastbound&Down
September 25th, 2014, 11:06 AM
I don't know if this goes here but I don't have anyone in my real life that would care or understand my excitement so here goes!

I'm on my way to long hair again but because I'm in the military I was worried and a little sad that I might not be able to grow as long as I really want to because of regulations. But yesterday I was changing at the gym on base and another lady came in to get changed and she took her hair down from her bun.... it was CLASSIC length!!! I was so excited to see that she could pull it off and be in the military so I took a mental note of how she had her hair and now I can have to true growth milestone of TBL!! YAY!

brickworld13
September 25th, 2014, 11:33 AM
I don't know if this goes here but I don't have anyone in my real life that would care or understand my excitement so here goes!

I'm on my way to long hair again but because I'm in the military I was worried and a little sad that I might not be able to grow as long as I really want to because of regulations. But yesterday I was changing at the gym on base and another lady came in to get changed and she took her hair down from her bun.... it was CLASSIC length!!! I was so excited to see that she could pull it off and be in the military so I took a mental note of how she had her hair and now I can have to true growth milestone of TBL!! YAY!

That is very exciting! I also have to keep my length reasonable. Hardhats only have so space much in them to hide hair before they lose their protective attributes.

spirals
September 25th, 2014, 12:02 PM
Am I the only one whose scalp doesn't make any noticeable sebum? I've never had greasy hair.I think mine is the drier type of sebum that I've read about on LHC because it takes at least 5 or 6 days for my roots to start looking greasy. I've never gone past 5 days, actually. The longest I've gone is washing on the 6th day.

TrapperCreekD
September 25th, 2014, 12:08 PM
Forgot for the second time to do my coffee rinse. :rolleyes:

jacqueline101
September 25th, 2014, 12:21 PM
I added more doo gro to my part I'm wondering if it will start itching.

Lyv
September 25th, 2014, 12:25 PM

I have a friend who works with my husband (they're military) and hers was hipish when we met and she's never had a problem keeping it in regs!

spirals
September 25th, 2014, 12:29 PM
I guess as long as you have enough pins you can do it. I can't imagine going to war with hair that long, though. Well, I know we don't do hand-to-hand combat anymore, but might it still be a hazard if it falls out? Well, I guess there'd be helmets, so....

leilani
September 25th, 2014, 12:44 PM
What is dry sebum? And what is doo gro?

spirals
September 25th, 2014, 01:05 PM
Some people have drier, more waxy sebum while others have more oily sebum. It's a matter of texture. Oily sebum spreads more easily. Doo grow is an oily balm that people put on the scalp/hair. It supposedly helps with hair growth by preventing breakage. It's meant for coily, type 4 curls, which tend to be very dry and break off easily.

TheBlondieDream
September 25th, 2014, 01:16 PM
I really wish i knew who my real mother-side grandparents are, really...because i can't figure out where those curls came from...they now seem like in the 4's than in 3's type, darn...

Eastbound&Down
September 25th, 2014, 01:26 PM
That is very exciting! I also have to keep my length reasonable. Hardhats only have so space much in them to hide hair before they lose their protective attributes.

The struggle is real. Also, I envy the braid from your picture. My hair is so patheically short right now.

brickworld13
September 25th, 2014, 01:29 PM
The struggle is real. Also, I envy the braid from your picture. My hair is so patheically short right now.

The paranda makes it look quite a bit longer than it is. I have a photo that is not quite appropriate for LHC that has an English braid tassle at BCL. I was so excited when I realized it was there that I had to take a picture.

Eastbound&Down
September 25th, 2014, 01:35 PM
The paranda makes it look quite a bit longer than it is. I have a photo that is not quite appropriate for LHC that has an English braid tassle at BCL. I was so excited when I realized it was there that I had to take a picture.

I attempted to french braid it a couple weeks back, but it's just reaching shoulder and the weird layers from my bob cut aren't working with me quite yet. I need about 3 more inches of growth before I'll be happy with it. Right now I'm struggling with trying not to grab a dye bottle! I usually dye it red during the fall but I'm trying to keep it virgin as long as I can and cut the old dye out bit by bit.

brickworld13
September 25th, 2014, 01:38 PM
I attempted to french braid it a couple weeks back, but it's just reaching shoulder and the weird layers from my bob cut aren't working with me quite yet. I need about 3 more inches of growth before I'll be happy with it. Right now I'm struggling with trying not to grab a dye bottle! I usually dye it red during the fall but I'm trying to keep it virgin as long as I can and cut the old dye out bit by bit.

Have you tried to tuck the ends of the french braid underneath itself? That should help with the funny bits at the bottom if you can get them to stay put. I fell into henna shortly after joining LHC, and I love it. Sadly it is hard to get rid of if I ever happen to get tired of it. :shrug: At least its a vibrant red and shiny. :D

Eastbound&Down
September 25th, 2014, 02:04 PM
Have you tried to tuck the ends of the french braid underneath itself? That should help with the funny bits at the bottom if you can get them to stay put. I fell into henna shortly after joining LHC, and I love it. Sadly it is hard to get rid of if I ever happen to get tired of it. :shrug: At least its a vibrant red and shiny. :D

I think henna will be my prize to myself when I reach my goal :) till then I want to make my hair happy and healthy so maybe next year!! *fingers crossed*

brickworld13
September 25th, 2014, 02:10 PM
I think henna will be my prize to myself when I reach my goal :) till then I want to make my hair happy and healthy so maybe next year!! *fingers crossed*

I started using henna for the conditioning properties more than the coloring. :twocents:

leilani
September 25th, 2014, 02:19 PM
Thanks, spirals!

I think I have no sebum at all....

SThr
September 25th, 2014, 03:49 PM
I straightened my hair a few days ago, still no pictures yet, and I've been wearing it down since then. Straightened I'm at 37.75"!
Did some S&D to take advantage of the Arkansas sunny weather. Mom keeps saying I should cut it all off so it'll all be the same length, even after I explained that new hairs pop up all the time, if they didn't we'd all be bald by kindergarten.
Ended up having my hair combed for well over an hour by a very intoxicated pet groomer who kept remarking about how shiny and healthy it was and how he was so glad to not be snapped at when he reached a tangle. Probably the most delicate combing anyone has ever done to my hair!

Nadine <3
September 25th, 2014, 05:45 PM
Oiled my hair and scalp and then tried putting it into a top knot. Jeeze, oiled hair does not like doing what it's told!

moontree
September 25th, 2014, 08:16 PM
I went camping this weekend and someone who hadn't seen me in months commented on how healthy my hair looks ^_^ She doesn't always have positive observations about me and it's been in the between time that I joined LHC so it was an unexpected bonus.

hanne jensen
September 26th, 2014, 12:28 AM
I wonder how long it will take me to get floor length hair from BSL.

höpönasu
September 26th, 2014, 03:29 AM
Baby hairs gone wild!

Nadine <3
September 26th, 2014, 11:20 AM
My hair feels soooo delightful after marinating in coconut oil all night! I hadn't done a deep treatment like that in months.

skeletonous
September 26th, 2014, 12:01 PM
Tried to bobbypin the bottom part of my hair after putting the top half in a claw clip for my clinical school stuff today. I couldn't pin the left side correctly (I'm right handed), so it didn't workout and I ended up just wearing my hair down. I just tucked it behind my ears and it was fine, but I really want to be able to clip it all up for hospital stuff.

YGDW
September 26th, 2014, 12:52 PM
Just did some heavy oiling with a mix of castor and EVOO, just because it sounded fun to do. :) On the less brighter side: where do all the shed hairs come from?

darklyndsea
September 26th, 2014, 12:55 PM
Just did some heavy oiling with a mix of castor and EVOO, just because it sounded fun to do. :) On the less brighter side: where do all the shed hairs come from?

Originally, they all come from your scalp :p If you find hairs that don't come from your scalp originally, you may want to investigate whose scalp they did come from.

YGDW
September 26th, 2014, 01:00 PM
Originally, they all come from your scalp :p If you find hairs that don't come from your scalp originally, you may want to investigate whose scalp they did come from.

Haha, oh dear, I guess that's the only right answer to this question. :p At least, it looked like my hair, but who knows... maybe I have a secret hair twin living in the same house. That's freaky!

Johannah
September 26th, 2014, 01:01 PM
I'm starting to like my blunt bangs now they're not that heavy.

brickworld13
September 26th, 2014, 01:04 PM
Why do I always find splits when I don't have scissors?!?!!!!! :mad:

Johannah
September 26th, 2014, 01:04 PM
Why do I always find splits when I don't have scissors?!?!!!!! :mad:

Story of my life :p

Sunny_side_up
September 26th, 2014, 02:16 PM
Soft & silky! Wont stay in a double pony, slippery hair since washed it two days ago, thank goodness I took my claw clip to work in my bag :) :sun:

Zesty
September 26th, 2014, 02:27 PM
Whyyyy do we not get our mail here until the late afternoon?! I have to refresh the USPS tracking page over and over and stare at the "out for delivery" update for hours while waiting for my new hair toys.

Woe is me, I am woe.

Sarahlabyrinth
September 26th, 2014, 02:52 PM
Whyyyy do we not get our mail here until the late afternoon?! I have to refresh the USPS tracking page over and over and stare at the "out for delivery" update for hours while waiting for my new hair toys.

Woe is me, I am woe.

This. I have to sit and suffer until 2pm until the postman comes... and even then....nothing:(

Zesty
September 26th, 2014, 02:53 PM
This. I have to sit and suffer until 2pm until the postman comes... and even then....nothing:(
Our mail has been known to come at 6pm! It's so frustrating when I know a package is coming.

molljo
September 26th, 2014, 04:29 PM
I love clarify/chelate/deep condition day. I love it so, so much.

skeletonous
September 26th, 2014, 04:41 PM
I'm a little worried about Torrin Paige, I adore her and her hair videos, but she hasn't made one in a month :hmm: I hope she's doing fine!

Entangled
September 26th, 2014, 05:15 PM
I have a new appreciation for the curly struggle. My friend has waist length (when unstretched) loose ringlets, and lovely naturally ombré-d fairy tails. She asked if I could French fishtail, so I did a herringbone braid for her. Tangles were a nightmare! All of those little pieces...
I'm so lucky I have straight-ish hair, even if it never looks good down.

Nadine <3
September 26th, 2014, 06:19 PM
Peppermint oil and grape seed tonight for my scalp massage. LOVE the tingle, I'll never get tired of it :)

Eastbound&Down
September 26th, 2014, 06:36 PM
Having an infant really cuts down on the time you have to play with your hair... good thing he's cute!

jacqueline101
September 26th, 2014, 06:52 PM
I'm thinking is it peppermint or mint that's used to stimulate hair growth.

Nadine <3
September 26th, 2014, 07:43 PM
I'm thinking is it peppermint or mint that's used to stimulate hair growth.

Yes, it's supposed to! I've been using it along with rosemary to help lessen my hair fall.

jacqueline101
September 26th, 2014, 08:06 PM
Yes, it's supposed to! I've been using it along with rosemary to help lessen my hair fall.

Does it matter which one you use? Can you use it as a leave in?

dancingpoet
September 26th, 2014, 08:42 PM
The other day, I was feeling lazy, so I just put my hair in a regular english braid (not even the greatest one, might I add), and a customer complimented my hair. That was nice.

Later that day, a coworker went to take a pen out of a drawer, and found that the entire middle point and ink was missing, and I was like, "it is now a hair stick!" and I proceeded to use it to put my braid into an infinity bun with the otherwise useless pen. My coworker's response? "Now I have seen it all."

Also, I've found that my hair is outgrowing my parandas... oh well, I guess I'll just have to make new ones ;) (I also find the longer my hair gets, the shorter the paranda seems... I guess the added thickness of my hair eats the length when it's all braided together).

Nadine <3
September 26th, 2014, 10:29 PM
Does it matter which one you use? Can you use it as a leave in?

As long as you dilute it with a carrier oil like coconut, olive, caster, just to name a few. It doesn't matter what one you use but different essential oils do different things. I use peppermint to stimulate hair growth, and rosemary to help with hair fall.

spirals
September 27th, 2014, 12:38 AM
I'm a little worried about Torrin Paige, I adore her and her hair videos, but she hasn't made one in a month :hmm: I hope she's doing fine!

IIRC, her uncle passed away and she said she was feeling down. That was a little while ago, though. I do see facebook posts from her a couple of times a week. They're usually funny ones; I suppose she's basically alright.

höpönasu
September 27th, 2014, 01:35 AM
Wash day today.

GetMeToWaist
September 27th, 2014, 02:39 AM
I feel like washing my hair but I can't because I washed it Thursday. Gotta hold out till monday and todays only saturday. Gah. Also, i am sick of my hair doing weird clumpy grabby piecey things.

Knifegill
September 27th, 2014, 02:44 AM
Should I wash my hair with kombucha? I just don't know!

SThr
September 27th, 2014, 02:58 AM
I've been playing with my weight a bit, I started losing weight but not on purpose, and now I'm planning on getting to minimum weight then bulking and getting more muscular. I'm about 4lbs away, however, my mom is convinced that my hair weighs 4lbs so I'm already there. I wonder how much my hair weighs.

Historically inaccurate hair superstition: women used to wear scissors on chains around their necks to keep the split ends away, since no one ever finds splits when they have scissors with them.

Estrid
September 27th, 2014, 03:10 AM
My hair seems to be more flat than it used to be, but maybe that's linked to the fact that it's getting longer and a little heavier.

leilani
September 27th, 2014, 03:18 AM
Wish I could lose weight, breastfeeding makes it impossible to lose the last 1-4lbs (depending when I weigh) of pregnancy weight. It's also not shaped as well as if I would have gained a couple pounds any other way, I look so bloated and I miss my waistline.

Hijack over.
I had blue soap scum in the bathtub after washing my hair in the tub so I'm worried my indigo is washing out again.

Johannah
September 27th, 2014, 05:02 AM
Bought some MO today.

Sunny_side_up
September 27th, 2014, 05:23 AM
The smaller claw clip my mum gave me just about cant contain my hair now!! Got the larger one out, yay its filling out, encouraging after my summer stall! :cheer:

jacqueline101
September 27th, 2014, 05:46 AM
As long as you dilute it with a carrier oil like coconut, olive, caster, just to name a few. It doesn't matter what one you use but different essential oils do different things. I use peppermint to stimulate hair growth, and rosemary to help with hair fall.
Okay thanks. I might try olive oil I bottle in my kitchen that's doing nothing.

jacqueline101
September 27th, 2014, 05:50 AM
My thought is I'm off to dollar general. Then it's time to order my items. They're hair related items.

Zesty
September 27th, 2014, 07:38 AM
Should I buy the Flexi of the Month I've been eyeing before it's gone forever, or should I continue to save up for my nice sleep cap? I feel like I really need something to minimize damage at night, but the Flexi... it calls to me...

jacqueline101
September 27th, 2014, 07:52 AM
Damien wants to know if you can paint a finished already made hair stick. If so what's a good paint brand?

Ackvelina
September 27th, 2014, 08:40 AM
This morning I woke up with my wrists and hands all sour and and stiff. I could not remember doing anything unusual that could have caused it, so I started to worry about coming down with something and took some extra supplements.

At the same time I enjoyed the tingle in my scalp from the seven cornrows I made yesterday evening, because I needed something to do with my hands while watching tv for an hour or so.

Go figure:rolleyes:

skeletonous
September 27th, 2014, 08:46 AM
Pre poo coconut oil is seriously amazing :cheer: it makes my hair SO soft! Though people outside of the LHC that I've recommended it to, don't seem too interested.

Also I keep finding myself imagining having floor length hair :cloud9: but even if my hair could grow that long (I really hope it can), I know I wouldn't really feel comfortable wearing it down where people would marvel at it, unless they were guests in my home or I was at a friend's house. Plus it'd probably take around 10 years to achieve from my current length, trying to take into account my waves and future small trims :hmm: what a goal that would be!

dogzdinner
September 27th, 2014, 11:19 AM
Pre poo coconut oil is seriously amazing :cheer: it makes my hair SO soft!
It does make your hair lovely and huggable doesnt it?:)

Im suffering from bun envy today. Everybody seems to wear their hair in buns around here and all so much more impressive then mine! I keep telling myself that all that back combing cant be good for their hair, it probably isnt as long as I think and would I honestly want a bun nearly as big as my head perched on top like an elaborate hat but my neat little nautilus still feels abit boring.
(maybe some new hair toys would help!).

skeletonous
September 27th, 2014, 11:34 AM
^ it really does :cloud9:

Also I know what you mean, I really like the look of how voluminous backcombed hair is, but I cringe when I see people do it :laugh: even more so when they put hairspray in first. But what is even more amazing is a fabulous bun drop of super healthy, long hair from something as simple as a nautilus bun :) also I totally recommend new hair toys lol, do you like Ead sticks? Those are relatively inexpensive and tend to have wow factor.

ExpectoPatronum
September 27th, 2014, 11:37 AM
I've added a couple new things to my routine and I'm really liking how they're working out!

I've been brushing with a boar bristle brush every other day and my hair feels so soft (soft for being coarse, I mean). I'm going to head to the store today to get a 100% BBB. Mine isn't so I think it pulls out more hairs than it really needs to. I'm seeing good benefits with my not 100% BBB so I can't imagine what switching to 100% will feel like!

I used Kinky Curly Knot Today leave in after my last wash before smoothing mineral oil over my length. I think that might be my winning styling product combination. Even the next day, my hair is still fairly soft, moisturized, and frizz-free. Normally, my hair would be looking and feeling dried out by now.

skeletonous
September 27th, 2014, 11:47 AM
^ that's awesome that you've found what works for you :D I've been considering trying mineral oil myself, as a leave in on damp hair, especially for the colder months. I try to use my BBB every day, I got mine from Sally's. :)

martyna_22
September 27th, 2014, 11:48 AM
I've been wearing my hair down, and don't kill me, a slight wind in it was an awesome feeling! :)

dogzdinner
September 27th, 2014, 11:57 AM
do you like Ead sticks? Those are relatively inexpensive and tend to have wow factor.
Im quite new to the idea of hair toys...but Im buying my first Ead sticks this month! That is if I can decide on which ones I want!:D

I've been wearing my hair down, and don't kill me, a slight wind in it was an awesome feeling! :)
Totally agree! I have to keep my hair under strict house/head arrest for work and after 13hrs the first thing I do when I leave is to set it free!:o Love the feeling of my hair free and wild!!LOL

jacqueline101
September 27th, 2014, 12:09 PM
I'm wondering if I can add peppermint to my growth oil it's got olive oil in it.

skeletonous
September 27th, 2014, 12:14 PM
dogzdinner Ooh how exciting :o and I know what you mean, he has so many colors to choose from!

skeletonous
September 27th, 2014, 12:58 PM
Also I want to even out my hair finally but the person that I really trust to do it has a salon that's maybe half an hour away :bigeyes: I don't drive yet, so I'm sort of waiting for my brother to need a haircut so I can tag along :lol: I could go to a place that's walking distance for me, but I don't want to shell out over $10 for something simple like that, and my mom could cut it like she has before but I'm afraid something will go wrong. I really hope not, because she's probably going to be cutting it.

Sunny_side_up
September 27th, 2014, 01:14 PM
Couldnt wait to get in the shower after gardening, felt itchy! Used my new mint, tea tree condit after shampooing. like the smell. I read the bottle & like most of them say leave on for 1-2 minutes....made me realize I hardly ever do this!! Bad me. Sorry hair.the norm is ten seconds. I have gotta leave it longer, my ends will be better I hope.

darklyndsea
September 27th, 2014, 01:35 PM
Bending over really doesn't help me reach the ends of my hair. I need to train myself to stop doing that.

Chalky
September 27th, 2014, 02:12 PM
I thought I found the perfect BBB but when I went back to buy it I saw that the bristles are made out of silicone... Not sure if they could be damaging for the hair, the brush looks like a bbb... :confused:

höpönasu
September 27th, 2014, 02:45 PM
^ I work with silicone and to me it's really soft substance. Tho I don't know if there's like hardened silicone. Maybe try brushing your skin and if it feels hard it can be too hard for your hair too.

My thought: Love washing day hair. :cloud9:

spirals
September 27th, 2014, 03:04 PM
The silicone is probably soft, but boar bristles have a particular configuration of cuticle that I don't think can really be duplicated.

sarahchant
September 27th, 2014, 07:31 PM
I let my sister-in-law trim my hair to even it up and help with the awkwardness of growing it out but I was so sad to lose even a half of an inch.

skeletonous
September 27th, 2014, 08:22 PM
Why does my mom never cut off as much hair as I want :( I asked her to cut my hair in hopes of finally getting it to look like a normal bob and she barely cut any off, it practically looks the same. She just doesn't understand with her waist length hair how desperate I am to have a normal looking haircut again...I guess I'm going to have to pay for someone to cut it now. Which I really don't want to do...but I'm crying over this and that's the only way I can see it being better.

ETA: I have calmed down slightly, and after looking into a mirror it is something that I can deal with. I am really tired of the sides looking like a bob and the back being just slightly longer...but I will have to deal with it until everything hits jaw length unstretched (about an inch or so because of how my hair waves). I guess I get to keep tucking my hair behind my ears for another month or two. Or I could maybe have my boyfriend's mom take a look.

woodswanderer
September 27th, 2014, 09:12 PM
I had an odd experience today while grocery shopping. A lady told me her daughter had long hair like mine and she grows it...........to sell.

I was really expecting her to say donate and give me a lecture on why I should donate. Glad I got to miss that talk today!

dogzdinner
September 28th, 2014, 03:40 AM
A lady told me her daughter had long hair like mine and she grows it...........to sell.
well, Ive never thought of hair farming as a career option!! LOL:D

Just realiesed that this is the longest my hair has ever been. Now wondering what will come first...classic or terminal?

Johannah
September 28th, 2014, 03:55 AM
Finally wash day. Finally finally finally.

Zesty
September 28th, 2014, 07:35 AM
Well my folded braid held up to chasing the dog around the apartment, so I'm pretty happy with my ficci.

höpönasu
September 28th, 2014, 09:12 AM
I want to go outside and take some good hair pictures but I'm ashamed to. I've seen many (young) people taking selfies and pics of themselves outside, but to me being in front of a camera is an awkward moment.

YGDW
September 28th, 2014, 09:37 AM
Managed to do a decent French twist yesterday - finally! Anyway, a friend of the family who saw me with my hair in this French twist and asked: "ohh, your hair is so short! did you cut it?". Sigh... I did do a rather dramatic hair drop after that though. :)

jacqueline101
September 28th, 2014, 10:21 AM
My hair is acting like it's not needing as much leave in and serum. I'm wondering if this is a good thing.

iYaap
September 28th, 2014, 10:25 AM
Hair drops are great!

Thought: My hair is getting longer than some of the woman in my city. And they tend to wear it long!

Nadine <3
September 28th, 2014, 10:38 AM
My hair soaking in a TON of main n tail conditioner under a plastic bag....hoping to take advantage of all the protein!

ExpectoPatronum
September 28th, 2014, 11:55 AM
Man, I am loving what brushing with a BBB like Madora does is doing for my hair.

Also, I think I may have to do a hair re-typing. Dyeing it seems to have destroyed my wurls :( I think I might be a 1c/2a now.

Nadine <3
September 28th, 2014, 12:32 PM
My hair is absurdly soft, I can't keep my fingers out of it...and neither can my mom lol

moontree
September 28th, 2014, 01:45 PM
*fingers crossed* I don't seem to be shedding a crazy amount every day now... though wash days are scary o_o I think I am accidentally stretching washes longer, too. I only wash my hair when it seems greasy or my scalp is itchy... I've been meaning to pay more attention to when I wash but I seem to be down to twice a week to once a week.

I'm adding a random purple streak in my undercanopy today XD Curious to see how it turns out on the henna.

Wosie
September 28th, 2014, 02:43 PM
I clarified today and soaked most of my hair in a SMT afterwards... I surely hope I won't get an allergic reaction to the SLS shampoo this time. shudder:

Sunny_side_up
September 28th, 2014, 02:45 PM
Hair was washed the other day(sls shampoo), but felt like CO wash today. Want to help the fluffy ends. Lovely silky softness & shine. :) the trim helped too! :coolblue:

Zesty
September 28th, 2014, 03:53 PM
I think I'm going to try CWC with our V05 conditioner as the first "C." Fiancé was using it when his hair was long, but he's back to just shampoo since he got it cut, so it's my moral obligation to use it up.

Nadine <3
September 28th, 2014, 06:53 PM
Made a "scalp spray" in hopes of using it for my nightly massage without getting greasy. It has a tiny bit of witch hazel, aloe vera gel, grape seed oil, peppermint EO, Rosemary EO, and distilled water. Smells so good, I hope it helps my hair grow and keeps the itchies at bay :)

Ingrid
September 28th, 2014, 07:19 PM
Made a "scalp spray" in hopes of using it for my nightly massage without getting greasy. It has a tiny bit of witch hazel, aloe vera gel, grape seed oil, peppermint EO, Rosemary EO, and distilled water. Smells so good, I hope it helps my hair grow and keeps the itchies at bay :)

That sounds really nice!! You've got all the right ingredients for hair growth :) Hope it works for you!

battles
September 28th, 2014, 07:23 PM
I think I might switch back to SLS and cones. My hair always feels so much nicer..

Zesty
September 28th, 2014, 07:30 PM
Got a silk sleep cap/bonnet from Etsy. Getting ready to be super smexy for the fiancé. :eyebrows:

TrapperCreekD
September 28th, 2014, 07:36 PM
Got to practice some impromptu benign neglect thanks to a raging head cold this week. :sick::wail:

Estrid
September 28th, 2014, 09:35 PM
For the last 4 months or so I have been paranoid about the fact that I can see the scalp around my part and easily if I lift my bangs (that I can see it through my hair). I don't know if I am just being silly or if my hair has actually gone thinner. :/

Larki
September 28th, 2014, 10:04 PM
Ahhhh I just spent $37 on a silk sleep cap!! I can't believe I just did that. No more purchases for the rest of the year. Jeez.....

spirals
September 28th, 2014, 11:06 PM
nadine, try adding an uncoated aspirin tablet. It will dissolve eventually and it helps with the itchies. I get mine at Dollar Tree.

Olavi
September 29th, 2014, 12:25 AM
I should have known... I only shampoo scalp and canopy, so oiling hair before shower might not be good idea. The scalp is clean, but there is few oily streaks on the lengths. I'm trying to spread them with BBB before school, but I'm not optimistic about this.

Larki
September 29th, 2014, 12:29 AM
I should have known... I only shampoo scalp and canopy, so oiling hair before shower might not be good idea. The scalp is clean, but there is few oily streaks on the lengths. I'm trying to spread them with BBB before school, but I'm not optimistic about this.
Just braid your hair or put it up and nobody's the wiser!

Olavi
September 29th, 2014, 12:56 AM
Just braid your hair or put it up and nobody's the wiser!

That's what I'm going to do :) I just want to try to spread the oiliness as much as possible before.

KittyBird
September 29th, 2014, 03:12 AM
I'm pretty close to my classic goal, and I'm starting to get antsy.. I just want to get there already and maintain so I can get rid of the dark part of my hair! :justy:

dogzdinner
September 29th, 2014, 03:58 AM
Hair is suffering the effects of 'heavy gravity' today (meaning that I cant get a bun to stay in coz it just all falls down!).
First time Ive needed 2 sticks for a simple nautilus bun.

Agnieszka
September 29th, 2014, 09:58 AM
feeling down because of my hair. It's so thin and I'm going through terrible shedding right now. Without heat styling it looks so poor. Maybe I'm just not destined to have long hair... 2 weeks rule starting from today...

Knifegill
September 29th, 2014, 10:10 AM
Now I know why people straighten. This hair was just touching my shoulders two days ago. Now it's tied up in coils!

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x323/Knifegill/Hair/103_8322_zps8385688e.jpg

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x323/Knifegill/Hair/103_8321_zps2fca6b61.jpg

ExpectoPatronum
September 29th, 2014, 10:10 AM
I've had quite the change of heart.

I used to hate having poofy hair...but now I'm not happy unless my hair is one giant poof. I love my hair's natural volume!

GetMeToWaist
September 29th, 2014, 10:24 AM
Now I know why people straighten. This hair was just touching my shoulders two days ago. Now it's tied up in coils!

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x323/Knifegill/Hair/103_8322_zps8385688e.jpg

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x323/Knifegill/Hair/103_8321_zps2fca6b61.jpg

I love your hair, it looks so curly and moisturised!

GetMeToWaist
September 29th, 2014, 10:28 AM
I wanna cowash every day because i find washing my hair really fun! Sad, i know. But it just relaxes me and i enjoy it. I have to wait till wednesday.

Knifegill
September 29th, 2014, 10:29 AM
Hey! Your hair is what I hope mine looks like someday.

Yenn
September 29th, 2014, 10:50 AM
sometimes I think of my hair like it's a cat - gentle handling and frequent feeding is a key to a good relationships >.<

dogzdinner
September 29th, 2014, 11:12 AM
Just ordered my first Ead hair sticks!

now I feel like a proper LHC member!LOL:D

höpönasu
September 29th, 2014, 11:31 AM
I've had my high messy bun from 6am to 9pm and still no scalp pain or headache. :o

skeletonous
September 29th, 2014, 11:46 AM
Just ordered my first Ead hair sticks!

now I feel like a proper LHC member!LOL:D

What color(s) did you get? :o

dogzdinner
September 29th, 2014, 12:54 PM
What color(s) did you get? :o

Purple rain and Alien. Something nice and bright for my mousey blonette hair! :D

jacqueline101
September 29th, 2014, 01:17 PM
My hair is great today it's shiny and slick without being too slick. Im sad that my Pantene nature fusion leave in treatment can't be found anywhere in the stores. I'm thinking it's been discontinued. Now I'm looking for a replacement product.

skeletonous
September 29th, 2014, 01:53 PM
Purple rain and Alien. Something nice and bright for my mousey blonette hair! :D

Ooh pretty :p I'm excited to see how you like them! I really like mine even though I can only really do halfups at the moment.

Nadine <3
September 29th, 2014, 02:59 PM
That sounds really nice!! You've got all the right ingredients for hair growth :) Hope it works for you!
Thank you! So far I'm really liking it! It doesn't make me look like a greasy mess like just oiling did :)

nadine, try adding an uncoated aspirin tablet. It will dissolve eventually and it helps with the itchies. I get mine at Dollar Tree.
Good tip! I've been having some pretty annoying scalp sensitivity lately and the dermatologist can't get me in until the end of October, so anything that helps me not scratch myself raw until then is a god send. Can I crush the aspirin for faster dissolving? :)

brickworld13
September 29th, 2014, 03:11 PM
Thank you! So far I'm really liking it! It doesn't make me look like a greasy mess like just oiling did :)

Good tip! I've been having some pretty annoying scalp sensitivity lately and the dermatologist can't get me in until the end of October, so anything that helps me not scratch myself raw until then is a god send. Can I crush the aspirin for faster dissolving? :)

Crushing will definitely help with dissolving. More exposed surface area makes things dissolve faster. :)

Becs
September 29th, 2014, 04:07 PM
Sometimes I feel like I should wear a sign around my neck to answer people's most common questions about my hair:
Yes, other than the colored parts which are ribbon, this is all my hair
No, I don't use extensions
Yes, I'm sure
Yes, you can touch my hair, but please ASK first
This is a: insert braid type here (7 strand, 9 strand, box fishtail etc)
Yes, I did my hair myself

It would sure make my life easier haha ;)

Nadine <3
September 29th, 2014, 05:37 PM
My kitty had a seizure...now I'm panicked and sitting in the emergency vets waiting room with conditioner in my hair with a bag and a knit hat over that. I hope my kitty is okay :(

dellad
September 29th, 2014, 06:03 PM
Oh no, so sorry to hear that Nadine.

Zesty
September 29th, 2014, 06:09 PM
I hope your kitty is okay, Nadine, let us know. :grouphug:

MsPharaohMoan
September 29th, 2014, 08:18 PM
I tend to get hot spots when I've stretched my washing too long. Since the weather is turning colder and I can go longer with stretching washes, I decided to see how long I could go before hot spots appeared! I lasted eight days, using a BBB for the past 3 days. Coconutting my hair tonight then tomorrow, ninth day, I shall wash. Maybe I'll go for another week after that? In summer I wash 2/3x a week. This winter I wouldn't mind washing only once a week.

Nadine <3
September 29th, 2014, 08:29 PM
She's dehydrated, refusing food and water, and retching still. Leaving the E-vet covered in kitty puke, poop, and deep conditioner. Hopefully they figure out how to help my baby girl.

jacqueline101
September 29th, 2014, 09:33 PM
I spritz my growth treatment on my scalp. I don't know why I did it. I might done it in hopes of using up a product.

spirals
September 29th, 2014, 10:27 PM
Nadine, sorry to hear about that. Poor kitty. :(

SThr
September 30th, 2014, 01:35 AM
I hope they fix your kitty, Nadine, that's so sad!

I washed all my hair with some SLS-free shampoo, rather than just doing the scalp, and it dried with a ton more curls that it had been. I probably shouldn't have put off a full wash for so long, especially since I'd been playing with cones.
Did a funky, elf-y 'do today, Three rope braids, rope braided together, then english braided with two more rope braids for a half-up, then two more rope braids underneath, sort of pointed upward, so it lifts my hanging hair. It also made for a fancy bun, surrounded by all those tiny rope braids.

Wosie
September 30th, 2014, 01:48 AM
Oh, Nadine, I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty. :( I truly hope she'll feel much better soon. :blossom:

dogzdinner
September 30th, 2014, 05:35 AM
Keeping my fingers crossed for your kitty Nadine. I lost one of my kitty pensioners a couple of weeks ago, they really do worm their way into your heart dont they?.

Im having a fed up day with my hair. Just feeling like it probably wont grow anymore and a wispy waist is all I will be able to manage. *sigh* hair ennui.....

brickworld13
September 30th, 2014, 06:06 AM
So I got to looking last night as my hair was drying and was shocked to find that I'm very close to classic. As in, I could probably get there by Christmas even with the trimming. I'm still in shock.