PDA

View Full Version : The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179

languagenut
March 3rd, 2016, 10:48 PM
Oh, dfotw, that's awful! And there I thought the U.S. Postal Service was bad; sometimes we'd get things that had obviously been previously opened, probably due to being delivered to the wrong house before coming to us, and once I sent a simple postcard to a friend, and it arrived months later, all roughed-up looking, and so many things get broken in transit by careless handling... but evidently customs are even worse! Yeah, doesn't everyone send cocaine in a hair fork? How ridiculous...

However, I still think the so-called Travel Safety Administration is even worse.

turtlelover
March 3rd, 2016, 10:51 PM
I am excited that I now have discovered the wonder of detangling while still IN the shower, and of not touching my hair till after it dries!!!!

Robi-Bird
March 3rd, 2016, 11:52 PM
My dear Mom has been convincing me not to go and get my hair trimmed. "They just can't ONLY cut a centimeter." Mom is no long hair. She only had her hair long for a couple of years in her twenties when she was in Nigeria because she didn't want to try and find a stylist with experience with her 1a hair. But she understands the fears of this long hair and I appreciate the support.

On another note, Aussie 3 Minute Miracle is the bomb. That is all.

parkmikii
March 4th, 2016, 12:52 AM
Did a heavy coconut oil oiling and prepared shikakai and amla for washing it :D

Arctic
March 4th, 2016, 12:54 AM
Scalp is feeling better, and I can't wait to shelf the ketoconazole shampoo. The protein in it drives me batty even with all the preventative and corrective measures I've been taking.

Arctic
March 4th, 2016, 12:57 AM
On another note, Aussie 3 Minute Miracle is the bomb. That is all.

I've often eyeing this in the store since so many have given rave reviews of it, but the ingredients list just doesn't look that great to me, and I while I am not chemist/expert/etc I don't see based on the INCI how it could be that moisturizing. So I've never bought it. It's a bit on the expensive side here in Finland, so I just haven't been interested enough to buying something like that to just to try, when the INCI looks so suspicious.

JustPam
March 4th, 2016, 03:30 AM
I added some tea tree and peppermint EOs to my shampoo last night, oh god it felt so good, it's just as well it's not a harsh shampoo given the length of time I left it on while I was enjoying the cool tingliness.

dfotw
March 4th, 2016, 07:47 AM
Oh, dfotw, that's awful! And there I thought the U.S. Postal Service was bad; sometimes we'd get things that had obviously been previously opened, probably due to being delivered to the wrong house before coming to us, and once I sent a simple postcard to a friend, and it arrived months later, all roughed-up looking, and so many things get broken in transit by careless handling... but evidently customs are even worse! Yeah, doesn't everyone send cocaine in a hair fork? How ridiculous...

However, I still think the so-called Travel Safety Administration is even worse.

Thank you, languagenut! These agencies certainly do a great job of keeping us scared, anxious and on our toes, don't they? :justy:

In other news, I'm worried that my 'new' hair is super-fragile and that all those wispies I took for baby hairs are actually the result of breakage. I wouldn't know what to do about it if it turns out to be true, either. :confused:

Swan Maiden
March 4th, 2016, 07:57 AM
I've often eyeing this in the store since so many have given rave reviews of it, but the ingredients list just doesn't look that great to me, and I while I am not chemist/expert/etc I don't see based on the INCI how it could be that moisturizing. So I've never bought it. It's a bit on the expensive side here in Finland, so I just haven't been interested enough to buying something like that to just to try, when the INCI looks so suspicious.

Arctic, I'm probably one of the few that isn't impressed by it. It coats my hair grossly and the smell is a bit too strong for me.

Kiiruna
March 4th, 2016, 10:17 AM
I haven't had static electricity in my hair during this winter. Like... at all. How weird - and nice!

lillielil
March 4th, 2016, 10:50 AM
I want to take down my bun and look at the ends, but it was such a successful bun that I know I won't be able to get it back up the same way.

Robi-Bird
March 4th, 2016, 12:58 PM

I found it at the dollar store here so it was cheeeaaaap or else I can't say I would have bothered. What I like about it is the slip it is giving my grabby hair. It looks to be basically a bunch of silicones, oil free moisturizers (cetyl and stearic alcohol) and a titch of oils. More emollient than moisturizing, I think. I wcc so my first conditioner is a more standard moisturizing one and then a little oil and then this or anyother 'cone happy conditioner in my hoard.

I am liking this one better than my $12 conditioner.

Arctic
March 4th, 2016, 01:06 PM
I found it at the dollar store here so it was cheeeaaaap or else I can't say I would have bothered. What I like about it is the slip it is giving my grabby hair. It looks to be basically a bunch of silicones, oil free moisturizers (cetyl and stearic alcohol) and a titch of oils. More emollient than moisturizing, I think. I wcc so my first conditioner is a more standard moisturizing one and then a little oil and then this or anyother 'cone happy conditioner in my hoard.

I am liking this one better than my $12 conditioner.

I admit I am curious to try it sometimes. Maybe one day :D My hair usually strives on moisture and humectants, and I like my hair better with out silicones - but yeah, still curious. Curiosity just hasn't reached a saturation point yet in, hmm, 9 or so years :laugh:

My random thought is, that I suddenly miss my red hair terribly. I have been procrastinating and thus tagging my old blog entries today, and all those photos of me with red hair. And those waves!

Robi-Bird
March 4th, 2016, 01:09 PM
I admit I am curious to try it sometimes. Maybe one day :D My hair usually strives on moisture and humectants, and I like my hair better with out silicones - but yeah, still curious. Curiosity just hasn't reached a saturation point yet in, hmm, 9 or so years :laugh:

My random thought is, that I suddenly miss my red hair terribly. I have been procrastinating and thus tagging my old blog entries today, and all those photos of me with red hair. And those waves!

No kidding! I look at all those shea based products with a curious twinge and then I remember shea makes my turn into an oil slick... But I'm still curious.

I dye my hair red for years. Brown took some getting used to. Now it has red streaks and that has soothed my itch.

Frankenstein
March 4th, 2016, 01:19 PM
I'm on a big deep conditioner kick lately. I may go to Sally's later and buy a bunch of the little packet samples :lol:

dfotw
March 4th, 2016, 03:38 PM
Oh no. I went looking through old hair pics, and now I just want to cry. :wail:

Where did all that thick, silky hair go? I had reached Classic while curly at one point! How can I be at my 2013 length still? (I know *how*, just... :cry:) How come my buns were so big and now they're noooooot?! :boohoo:

turtlelover
March 5th, 2016, 01:57 AM
I decided to try to go cone free earlier this week, and now my hair feels dry for some reason. Am i imagining this, or is this a real issue when you first ditch cones?

Sunny_side_up
March 5th, 2016, 02:48 AM
I decided to try to go cone free earlier this week, and now my hair feels dry for some reason. Am i imagining this, or is this a real issue when you first ditch cones?

I noticed this, my hair just transforms into something wild.. :silly:I use them, dont like how my hair looks and feels without.

now APL and not liking wearing my hair out in bed. So been tying it up high for sleep. Oh dear, tangled mess this am. Thank heavens for my leave in cone spray, silky smooth now, and my length feels protected.

diddiedaisy
March 5th, 2016, 06:56 AM
My hair is back to the length it was last year before I cut back to apl. One of the reasons I cut back was because the length stopped growing. It was coming out from the roots but not showing at the bottom. So of course being a drama queen that was it I was at terminal. I will know next month whether or not it was just breakage, something else or I just have a short terminal. You know those ends are going to tucked up nice and safe away from harm hehe :)

Aleexzandra
March 5th, 2016, 09:26 AM
Hi!
Does anyone have a video tutorial how to do someting like that (http://tophairstyles.net/best-emo-hairstyles-for-girls/)?
I want it so much, but I cann't afford a salon...

Groovy Granny
March 5th, 2016, 11:07 AM
Hi!
Does anyone have a video tutorial how to do someting like that (http://tophairstyles.net/best-emo-hairstyles-for-girls/)?
I want it so much, but I cann't afford a salon...

Welcome to LHC :)

You can find answers and support in this thread ISO other *colorful* longhairs? (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=125938)
Pastina and the others do amazing work with their hair :thumbsup:

That style/color is awesome; good luck!

ETA: Just as I posted that I was annoyed by the fine wispy tendrils that are too short to be held in an updo, they are starting to behave :shrug:
I still have another month before they can be held with the length, but at least they look half way decent.
I am still growing them out though :p
TBT if they grow to the hemline (will take years lol) or if I will keep them a bit shorter as tendrils with the option to gather them with the length.

Robi-Bird
March 5th, 2016, 03:37 PM
I've concluded that it would be more accurate if I measured my goal length based on buns vs inches. I'm not so much growing it out to any really particular point. I just want to be able to make more buns.

Arctic
March 5th, 2016, 03:39 PM
I've concluded that it would be more accurate if I measured my goal length based on buns vs inches. I'm not so much growing it out to any really particular point. I just want to be able to make more buns.

So... what's your goal bun then? :D My next goal bun is LWB.

Katia_k
March 5th, 2016, 04:45 PM
Just put in my first henna treatment...first time I have ever dyed my hair.

Then stress-ate a sleeve of oreos.

Wish me luck, guys...

Sarahlabyrinth
March 5th, 2016, 04:50 PM
I wish....I could have SL hair for a week and enjoy the swishiness of it and then have my long hair back ;)

Robi-Bird
March 5th, 2016, 04:52 PM
So... what's your goal bun then? :D My next goal bun is LWB.

Nautilus then Pha. The disk bun is my most reliable bun at the moment. Thickness plus layers make the LWB a back up bin and the cinnabun a total fail most of the time. I have re learnt my previous go to, the French twist.

dfotw
March 5th, 2016, 04:55 PM
Good luck, Katia_k! I hope you love the results (and that you share pics with us). :D

Groovy Granny
March 5th, 2016, 09:22 PM
My French Braid was done over 8 hours ago and it is still intact :thud:
I may just leave it in to sleep :hmm:
Very happy with this length :joy:

Katia_k
March 5th, 2016, 10:05 PM
So...it be done! Man that is a process. Also I ran out of hot water after filling the bath for a mermaid soak, so my shower was cold, which was unpleasant. Doing laundry plus running a giant bath might not have been so good of an idea. I am looking forward to a hot shower tomorrow.

Now I just have to wait for it to do the oxidizing thing and see where it ends up. Missed a few root spots, but they're underneath so hopefully it won't show...I'll deal with that when it comes.

Anyway, pics in the album. I still can't attach, so forgive. It's the last 2-3 pictures; the rest are the hairball strandtest journey of insanity.

https://goo.gl/photos/78ZFGCmwE9ppMegVA

Frankenstein
March 5th, 2016, 10:29 PM
I can't wait to wash my hair tomorrow night.

spirals
March 5th, 2016, 11:04 PM
My French Braid....I may just leave it in to sleep :hmm:

I do this sometimes, or even twin frenches. It gives me a different wave pattern, kind of beachy.

restless
March 6th, 2016, 03:34 AM

This made me wonder if the size of my bun will ever change. Now Im BCL and they´ve been looking more or less the same ever since BSL. You´d think an extra foot of hair would change the size of it, but nope.

Arctic
March 6th, 2016, 04:24 AM
This made me wonder if the size of my bun will ever change. Now Im BCL and they´ve been looking more or less the same ever since BSL. You´d think an extra foot of hair would change the size of it, but nope.

This depeds on the hair type. I am only guessing, but I think it's common for F-hair. The reason is that the longer the hair gets the more it compresses. It's a common phenomena I've seen being mentioned every now and then.

Inga-Marjukka
March 6th, 2016, 06:04 AM
Paying good attention to my hair is turning out to be a good thing in more ways than one: recently I've taken up exercise because my back started protesting and was really sore for weeks. Doing exercise has helped me so much I don't need any painkillers for it at all anymore, and what motivates me to exercise is the fact that it promotes circulation which is good for hair growth :cheer:

restless
March 6th, 2016, 06:49 AM
This depeds on the hair type. I am only guessing, but I think it's common for F-hair. The reason is that the longer the hair gets the more it compresses. It's a common phenomena I've seen being mentioned every now and then.

Thank for the reply, Arctic :) Youre probably right about how fine hair compresses a lot despite reaching longer lengths and Im trying to accept the fact that those head-eating buns will never be mine. I guess the positive thing about this is that at least I wont outgrow my sticks and forks.

Arctic
March 6th, 2016, 06:53 AM
Not out-growing hair toys is a huge advantage! :thumbsup: And the head-eating buns might be quite inconvenient in everyday life too, even though they look impressive. And, you have a secretly ninja hair that will suprise everybody when you take your bun down. :eye:

languagenut
March 6th, 2016, 08:10 AM
Warning: pukey toddler story

Tried to clarify with vinegar yesterday, even though I hadn't any idea what I was doing. Looks like I got the annoying build-up out, but now my hair is too fluffy. And then I had to leave the house soon after my shower, because my oldest brother was going to Denver to buy a "new" used car, and the whole family was coming along. I wanted to put my hair up, but I left it down because it was still wet. So then, hours later, we're waiting in the van while my brother and my dad were talking to the car owner and looking at the car, one of the 2yr olds, who had been wandering around in the van, suddenly starts throwing up. I, of course, make haste to clean it up (thankfully we had a roll of cheap paper towels on hand), but while I'm leaning over trying to wipe puke off of the toddler and the bench seat he was standing on, my hair, now dry, keeps falling in front and obstructing my view of the task at hand, and I have to keep pushing it back with a less-than-clean hand. And then he had trouble at the other end too, and while I was changing his diaper, my hair seemed quite insistent on coming around and checking it out! I braided it, after I washed my hands, but the necessity had passed. He was still sick, but in his own seat with paper towels over him, to make do until we got home, and then once we got there my mom took care of him. Hope he gets well soon, and that it doesn't spread to the other twin and the rest of us... :shudder:

And still, when I braid it, a lot of hair fluffs itself out of the braid and makes it look all frizzy; whatever will I do?

lithostoic
March 6th, 2016, 09:43 AM
Currently have a deep treatment soaking in :P Washing it out tonight.

irodaryne
March 6th, 2016, 10:13 AM
I was in the shower washing my hair and I looked down and saw a shed in my armpit. I jokingly thought to myself, "haha, I'm APL now!"

And then I found another shed and thought to myself "hahahaha, I'm BCL now!"

Ephemia
March 6th, 2016, 12:04 PM
My sister is very impressed with my 'hairsticking.'

Robi-Bird
March 6th, 2016, 12:25 PM

Your bun is like a magician's hat, but instead of a rabbit it hides length.

dfotw
March 6th, 2016, 12:29 PM
So...it be done! Man that is a process. Also I ran out of hot water after filling the bath for a mermaid soak, so my shower was cold, which was unpleasant. Doing laundry plus running a giant bath might not have been so good of an idea. I am looking forward to a hot shower tomorrow.

Now I just have to wait for it to do the oxidizing thing and see where it ends up. Missed a few root spots, but they're underneath so hopefully it won't show...I'll deal with that when it comes.

Anyway, pics in the album. I still can't attach, so forgive. It's the last 2-3 pictures; the rest are the hairball strandtest journey of insanity.

https://goo.gl/photos/78ZFGCmwE9ppMegVA

Katia_k, it turned out really well (in spite of the forced cold shower), the colour really suits you!

spirals
March 6th, 2016, 12:31 PM
My sister is very impressed with my 'hairsticking.'

I'm impressed she made up a word for it. :D

Katia_k
March 6th, 2016, 12:35 PM
Katia_k, it turned out really well (in spite of the forced cold shower), the colour really suits you!

Thank you! I admit to really enjoying the shock from friends/acquaintances I run into. I've had the same hair since I was 16, so it's...fun to shake things up.

Kimberly
March 6th, 2016, 03:23 PM
Not out-growing hair toys is a huge advantage! :thumbsup: And the head-eating buns might be quite inconvenient in everyday life too, even though they look impressive. And, you have a secretly ninja hair that will suprise everybody when you take your bun down. :eye:

This is all so true! While it was a bit of a mental adjustment, realizing that for me longer hair wasn't going to equate to a head-eating bun, I know that there are advantages to more compact buns. I can wear regular hats, buy hair toys in the most common sizes (more selection and better prices -- don't have to special order and pay more for longer toys), and since I realized that I will probably not ever fully outgrow them, I have been investing in nicer, pricier toys. While big buns are impressive and beautiful, the longer I have been on LHC, the more stories I have read about people with headaches from updos and various other problems I don't expect to have. Every hair type has its advantages. And I have seen some stunning, gorgeous styles on compact hair. I especially admire what a fine-haired straighter hair type can do with a braided bun.

lillielil
March 6th, 2016, 08:42 PM
I was in the shower washing my hair and I looked down and saw a shed in my armpit. I jokingly thought to myself, "haha, I'm APL now!"

And then I found another shed and thought to myself "hahahaha, I'm BCL now!"

This is amazing.

BCL is such an achievement. Don't forget to floss!

HeartofHaleth
March 6th, 2016, 09:13 PM
It wasn't until joining TLHC (and taking pictures of the back of my head for the first time) that I realized my hair has been trimmed quite crookedly. Now it's bugging me...Maybe next year I'll fix it :shrug:

MsPharaohMoan
March 6th, 2016, 09:30 PM
Your bun is like a magician's hat, but instead of a rabbit it hides length.

This is amazing

It wasn't until joining TLHC (and taking pictures of the back of my head for the first time) that I realized my hair has been trimmed quite crookedly. Now it's bugging me...Maybe next year I'll fix it :shrug:

It could be growing in that way too :o

iYaap
March 7th, 2016, 03:24 AM
Since I went to a hairdresser for a small trim my hair gets static when I brush it. I see this as a sign of health as it gives some volume and a soft feeling.

Anyone else ever noticed this?

Nique1202
March 7th, 2016, 04:29 AM
Last wash I went back to non-diluted shampoo and I can feel the difference on day 3 for sure. No more of this "I'm too silky-fine to do anything" nonsense, my hair is just a little greasy at the roots but nice and workable through the length. A little baby oil and it's in a nice happy tidy braid that's not falling out five minutes later.

Also I finally feel like I'm within spitting distance of tailbone. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Just 2-3 more months, depending on whether this growth spurt holds. Considering I first hit waist almost a year and a half ago, this can't come soon enough. :cheese:

Ava Ruu
March 7th, 2016, 06:57 AM
My hair has had more tangles than usual this winter and I tried to fix that with CWC. Now my canopy layer is still dry and tangled while the rest feels coated and is a lot wavier (like 2b-ish). Maybe I can find a balance before the summer?

Swan Maiden
March 7th, 2016, 08:35 AM
My hair likes humidity. The frizzy wisps turn into delicate tendrils.

My hair is soft and glowing today, because of a gentle spring rain giving moisture to the air and hair.

I wonder if chronic yeast infection sufferers notice pubic hair growth with the application of monistat.

Random enough?

Pat Wright
March 7th, 2016, 09:05 AM
My hair is a disaster area! But I refuse to cut it. The only thing that makes the damage look smooth and sort of normal are foam rollers. So it's braids and buns and soft waves with small dustings until the damage is gone. It will take years!:(

irodaryne
March 7th, 2016, 10:32 AM
This is amazing.

BCL is such an achievement. Don't forget to floss!

They were such silly thoughts that I think would only be appreciated here on TLHC.

Frankenstein
March 7th, 2016, 12:46 PM
I'm quite sick so it's probably going to be a "wash hair, put it up and forget about it" kind of week.

Sunny_side_up
March 7th, 2016, 01:19 PM
Sis practiced some updos on my hair , she says "game of thrones style"(my hair is passing APL, nowhere near princess length haha, but she did well) she wants to practice more next time. I had alot of leave in conditioner in it, which helped my usually twisty, prone to knotting strands be more manageable, but slippery! Im not an intricate updo person, was nice butsome ouchy tugging in areas, my hair is not thick and some strands quite fine. I been thinking of cutting recently, though hold off so sis can play haha

Inga-Marjukka
March 7th, 2016, 02:00 PM
Super hair treatment night! Just tried the oil shampoo thing with my trusty Olivado avocado oil and Oliivi shampoo for damaged hair (I suppose only Finnish people here know about this). Too early to say what's going to happen. Did some CO-washing after the shampoo, then treated my poor ends that I've tortured today with all sorts of jumbo pin buns to a hair mask for a couple of minutes. As I went through my routine I started wondering whether I'm doing too much for my hair by CO-washing at least every other day and oiling every single day. My hair is fine with it and in great condition right now but does anyone have bad experiences related to too much of the good thing hairwise?

Also, if anyone's tried Mane & Tail I'd love to hear experiences just out of interest!

Robi-Bird
March 7th, 2016, 02:49 PM
I bought that new Garnier Ultra Doux mask. It couldn't be helped, I have a thing for honey and royal jelly, they're my favourite humecants for pretty much any project. Hair is wet so I don't know who my hair liked it but I love the smell of the mask, and it made my hair nice a slippery during my in shower detangling.

JustPam
March 7th, 2016, 03:28 PM
Super hair treatment night! Just tried the oil shampoo thing with my trusty Olivado avocado oil and Oliivi shampoo for damaged hair (I suppose only Finnish people here know about this). Too early to say what's going to happen. Did some CO-washing after the shampoo, then treated my poor ends that I've tortured today with all sorts of jumbo pin buns to a hair mask for a couple of minutes. As I went through my routine I started wondering whether I'm doing too much for my hair by CO-washing at least every other day and oiling every single day. My hair is fine with it and in great condition right now but does anyone have bad experiences related to too much of the good thing hairwise?

Also, if anyone's tried Mane & Tail I'd love to hear experiences just out of interest!

My hair now seems to do best with a "less is more" kind of treatment. Since the majority of my bleach has grown out my hair has very low porosity and is very prone to build up and I've had to alter my routine and products quite a bit. Before, I needed a thick heavy conditioner (paired with a creamy moisturising shampoo) specifically for dry damaged hair, and would do a deep treatment every 2 weeks, and used a leave in conditioner almost every day. Now all of that would be total overkill, and make my hair compact and sticky/clumpy, I get by with a light cone free conditioner (and a clear shampoo) and a very dilute humectant spray for any dryness or frizz I might get. I never do deep treatments any more and very rarely apply oil. I think I may have gone full benign neglect here.

Inga-Marjukka
March 7th, 2016, 03:50 PM
It's interesting you pointed out the fact that you've grown out bleach, whereas my hair is very recently bleached all over. Perhaps it's the high porosity of my already very fine hair that makes it just drink up all the moisture I'm giving it! :hmm: My natural colour is blonde as well and I'm hoping to grow the bleach out eventually.

spirals
March 7th, 2016, 05:20 PM
My hair is a disaster area! But I refuse to cut it. The only thing that makes the damage look smooth and sort of normal are foam rollers. So it's braids and buns and soft waves with small dustings until the damage is gone. It will take years!:(

But yay for foam rollers! I'm a fan. I had to grow and cut damage and I think my last 2 inches are part of it still. You'll get there. Maybe try an SMT?

spirals
March 7th, 2016, 05:24 PM
I wonder if chronic yeast infection sufferers notice pubic hair growth with the application of monistat.

Random enough?Yes. :tmi: :rollin:

missrandie
March 7th, 2016, 05:42 PM

I grew up on Mane n Tail shampoo and conditioner. Always loved it. I even used just the conditioner for a cowash, and it let me go a whole day longer without washing compared to usual.

lithostoic
March 7th, 2016, 06:01 PM
Can't wait to cut off all my damaged hair when it grows out enough. I didn't realize how much thinner it is compared to my virgin hair. The base of my ponytail is about twice as thick as my midlengths!

HeartofHaleth
March 7th, 2016, 06:39 PM
I'm going to continue the strand tests and time experiments, but I'm not sure if I really want to do henna. I'm tempted by the prospect of a dramatic color change, but I know I really should go for a subtle shift in tone. I hope I'll still get the benefits of henna with a mild application.

AJNinami
March 7th, 2016, 06:50 PM
My hair needs to chill.

Frankenstein
March 7th, 2016, 10:45 PM
Eep, my hair is still not fully dry 24 hours after washing. Now I remember why I gave up damp bunning in the first place...

Robi-Bird
March 7th, 2016, 10:53 PM
Eep, my hair is still not fully dry 24 hours after washing. Now I remember why I gave up damp bunning in the first place...

This. Absolutely this. If it doesn't dry down, it doesn't try.

Jumper
March 8th, 2016, 12:39 AM
Yeah my hair has to fully dry while down. Whatever amount damp it is, if I braid or bun it it stays that amount damp.

dfotw
March 8th, 2016, 07:13 AM
Yesterday I CO-washed my hair at 10 AM. Wrapped it in a t-shirt for about 15 minutes to catch the worst of the drips. Let it down to dry until midday, when I put it up (loosely) to make lunch, eat, do the dishes, etc. Let it down, hanging over the sofa arm, for most of the afternoon. Put it up for dinner, then let it down again.

When I went to do my sleep braid at 11 PM, THE UNDERLAYER WAS STILL SLIGHTLY DAMP!!! :justy:

... this is why I can't wear natural wood hairtoys.

mary*rose
March 8th, 2016, 08:05 AM
Yesterday I CO-washed my hair at 10 AM. Wrapped it in a t-shirt for about 15 minutes to catch the worst of the drips. Let it down to dry until midday, when I put it up (loosely) to make lunch, eat, do the dishes, etc. Let it down, hanging over the sofa arm, for most of the afternoon. Put it up for dinner, then let it down again.

When I went to do my sleep braid at 11 PM, THE UNDERLAYER WAS STILL SLIGHTLY DAMP!!! :justy:

... this is why I can't wear natural wood hairtoys.

:lol: This is part of the reason I went NW/SO x)

khryz
March 8th, 2016, 09:12 AM
It looks like the only reason to get me to touch up my roots is.. so that I can see how much growth I get in a month? Mmm...

Pat Wright
March 8th, 2016, 09:14 AM
It looks like the only reason to get me to touch up my roots is.. so that I can see how much growth I get in a month? Mmm...

Sounds like me.

Arctic
March 8th, 2016, 09:36 AM
Ok so left handed long hairs often have difficulties doing many hairstyle, partially because the tutorials are usually made by right handed persons. Lefties are wanting tutorials for themselves, simply saying "just do it in an opposite way" isn't cutting it for many.

I wonder if flipping video and photo around, as a mirror image, would help???? This would be so easy to do!

parkmikii
March 8th, 2016, 10:04 AM
I finally received my spin pins! Ordered some dirt cheap ones from eBay last month. Now to think what buns yo try with them :D

Eastbound&Down
March 8th, 2016, 03:09 PM
I think I'm going to try to add some coconut oil to my hair while it's still damp after I wash it today. Usually I don't wash it during the week but I worked out really hard this morning and feel like I need to wash it.

Frankenstein
March 8th, 2016, 05:06 PM
When I'm feeling better, I plan on trying the braided Chinese bun. I wonder what a fishtail braided Chinese bun would look like? May be worth an attempt...

rags
March 8th, 2016, 06:17 PM
I need to take a break from the hairtoys threads. Like really, really take a break. Then I wouldn't buy these things because I wouldn't KNOW about these things!

Who am I kidding? I won't. But I should.

AJNinami
March 8th, 2016, 06:43 PM
When I'm feeling better, I plan on trying the braided Chinese bun. I wonder what a fishtail braided Chinese bun would look like? May be worth an attempt...

I demand photos! Also, I hope you get to feeling better soon :flower:

diddiedaisy
March 8th, 2016, 06:52 PM
I demand photos! Also, I hope you get to feeling better soon :flower:

Your hair on your avitar looks like mine, I did a double take thinking it was me, for a split second my brain was saying I dont remember taking that photo or recently posting on this thread lol :)

spirals
March 8th, 2016, 08:43 PM
^I almost can't tell you apart! :lol:

spirals
March 8th, 2016, 09:10 PM
I'm going to try a problem skin soap as a shampoo bar, since my scalp is a problem child. It's Yes to Tomatoes and it has activated charcoal. It smells very good, much better than my generic T-gel. I am not happy with any shampoo I've tried, so back to soap I go. I'll do a CWRC: condition, wash, (vinegar) rinse, condition. I'll still be using Tresemme moisturizing conditioner. That stuff works well if I leave it on long enough.

Pat Wright
March 9th, 2016, 08:01 AM
I hate how fuzzy and damaged my hair looks the day I wash it! Sorry. Had to rant.:taz:

dfotw
March 9th, 2016, 08:23 AM
Last night I dreamt I did a half-up and my underlayer was full of white hairs, and all I could think of was "yay, I can finally join the Renegray thread!". :p

Swan Maiden
March 9th, 2016, 08:33 AM
Is the Aussie line the Fosters beer of the hair care world?

Eastbound&Down
March 9th, 2016, 08:37 AM
I hate how fuzzy and damaged my hair looks the day I wash it! Sorry. Had to rant.:taz:

Me too! Join the club! We should make t-shirts....

Pat Wright
March 9th, 2016, 08:46 AM
Me too! Join the club! We should make t-shirts....

Sounds great! I just told my hubby to hide the scissors!

Eastbound&Down
March 9th, 2016, 08:53 AM
Sounds great! I just told my hubby to hide the scissors!

I got a bicycle lock for mine haha! I'm determined to make it trim free this year. Not even gonna tempt fate with S&D.

lillielil
March 9th, 2016, 08:56 AM
Is the Aussie line the Fosters beer of the hair care world?

SM, I find myself looking for the "like" button almost every time I see your comments.

:thumbsup:

Swan Maiden
March 9th, 2016, 09:23 AM
SM, I find myself looking for the "like" button almost every time I see your comments.

:thumbsup:

Nice! I'm glad I contribute something. Most of the time I forget the forum is broadcasted to a global audience and my ramblings are actually read by hundreds, let alone make sense.
:D

HeartofHaleth
March 9th, 2016, 09:26 AM
When I took down my sleep bun this morning, I pulled out forty or so loose hairs, which is way more than I usually shed in a day. :(

turtlelover
March 9th, 2016, 10:19 AM
My stepdaughter's apartment building burned down 2 nights ago and she barely escaped. After that, I am especially grateful that she is alive, and that we all have the ability to return to thinking about something as frivolous and fun as hair. I am counting my blessings!

lillielil
March 9th, 2016, 11:01 AM
My stepdaughter's apartment building burned down 2 nights ago and she barely escaped. After that, I am especially grateful that she is alive, and that we all have the ability to return to thinking about something as frivolous and fun as hair. I am counting my blessings!

That is so scary!! I hope everyone in the building is ok, has someplace to go, and gets a huge amount of $ from insurance. Not that cash makes up for losing so much, but at least it is a start.

Silverbleed
March 9th, 2016, 02:08 PM
My hair is absolutely looking the worst it has been for the past 6 months :') I barely would even go outside like this. Gladly I had a day off bwhaha.

missrandie
March 9th, 2016, 02:50 PM
I'm having one of those "just put it up and forget it for a while, it will be fine." kind of days. My hair keeps flipping in and flipping out and flipping all about

I know my hair is getting longer, but I am in the pre-APL abyss. It is beginning to take its toll on me.

There are about 4.5 inches between here and APL, so here's to hoping for speedy growth and that time passes quickly. Oh the buns I want to do!

lithostoic
March 9th, 2016, 03:30 PM
Washed Monday morning (today is Wednesday) and I'm getting my first signs of oil. Tomorrow I'll probably do a WO rinse, maybe I'll add some shea butter to the ends first.

Kiiruna
March 9th, 2016, 03:41 PM
I'll give up stretching washes. It's not that I couldn't do it - I just don't want to. Washing hair is just too nice and relaxing :meditate:

JustPam
March 9th, 2016, 03:57 PM
I'll give up stretching washes. It's not that I couldn't do it - I just don't want to. Washing hair is just too nice and relaxing :meditate:

Ditto, I quite enjoy washing, and I hate how my hair looks unwashed.

Inga-Marjukka
March 9th, 2016, 04:17 PM
Any suggestions for not silly looking substitutes for actual hairsticks? I'd love to buy some real ones that don't slip away all the time (like a very simple, very cheap one I once bought...) and are pretty but I cannot do that right now.

turtlelover
March 9th, 2016, 09:06 PM
That is so scary!! I hope everyone in the building is ok, has someplace to go, and gets a huge amount of $ from insurance. Not that cash makes up for losing so much, but at least it is a start.

The hardest thing is that we are 99.99 percent sure that her cat was killed in the fire. The damage is so extensive that I can't imagine that she survived, but I've heard of miracles happening in these situations so you never know. The building is too dangerous to enter since the top of it collaped down on lower levels, so there is no closure one way or the other. Her balcony door was left open but she was up a story, so chances are that the cat would not have jumped down, but you never know what animals will do when frightened.

Ava Ruu
March 10th, 2016, 03:10 AM
Any suggestions for not silly looking substitutes for actual hairsticks? I'd love to buy some real ones that don't slip away all the time (like a very simple, very cheap one I once bought...) and are pretty but I cannot do that right now. You could try looking for needles (or pins) that are meant to be used with scarves and knitwear. They are called huivineula or huivisolki in Finnish and there are different wooden and metal ones available. I have two and they work really well. Another option would be short knitting needles, the ones intended for gloves.

Nique1202
March 10th, 2016, 04:25 AM
Any suggestions for not silly looking substitutes for actual hairsticks? I'd love to buy some real ones that don't slip away all the time (like a very simple, very cheap one I once bought...) and are pretty but I cannot do that right now.

If you have access to wooden craft dowels the size of your little finger or smaller you can cut them to whatever length you need (usually 6 inches is a good length for most people unless you have a particularly large bun), then sharpen one end and either varnish it as it is or paint and seal it. I've done a few dozen craft dowel hair sticks painted with acrylic paint then sealed with clear varnish, but you could also use nail polish if you have some handy.

You could also do something similar with fallen branches from trees. Any stick that's sturdy enough to not break with a little pressure from your hands can be taken home, cut down to length, sharpened gently at one tip, and sanded down. What I've done from there is I treated it with olive oil a little bit every day until it stopped soaking in, then I sanded it down again in case the oil made any uneven swelling in the microscopic cracks, and I've been using it just fine since then without even sealing it. It's probably not good for use on wet hair but it's a lovely and truly unique piece, for nearly no cost at all unless you use an expensive oil.

[EDIT] I should add that you don't want a fallen-twig stick that's too thick or too thin, but "the thickness of one of your fingers" is not a bad start to figuring out a good size to use. Then it should be pretty sturdy but not look weird when it's in use.

Inga-Marjukka
March 10th, 2016, 04:58 AM
Thanks for the tips everyone! The thing is, I'm a student and spending something like 16 dollars on something as frivolous as a hairstick is impossible at this time of the month... But I wanna :pray: I've been thinking of raiding crafting stores once I have money again, in case I could find some sticks that are not necessarily meant to be hairsticks but are still suitable. And affordable :eye:

Arctic
March 10th, 2016, 05:14 AM
Thanks for the tips everyone! The thing is, I'm a student and spending something like 16 dollars on something as frivolous as a hairstick is impossible at this time of the month... But I wanna :pray: I've been thinking of raiding crafting stores once I have money again, in case I could find some sticks that are not necessarily meant to be hairsticks but are still suitable. And affordable :eye:

Inga there are some links in Finnish group, I've always tried to post there when ever I've seen a hair sticks sold in Finland, knowing how rare finds they are here. Some of them have been affordable.

Ava Ruu
March 10th, 2016, 05:27 AM
The price of the shawl pins I have seen has usually been between 5 and 10 euros. They should be available at nearly all yarn stores if there is one close to you.

JustPam
March 10th, 2016, 05:27 AM
I've made "hair sticks" from pencils with cool patterns, just sand and paint the ends with nail polish.

Arctic
March 10th, 2016, 05:28 AM
The price of the shawl pins I have seen has usually been between 5 and 10 euros. They should be available at nearly all yarn stores if there is one close to you.

Also from Finnish net based yarn/hand craft/fabric stores.

parkmikii
March 10th, 2016, 07:51 AM
Sitting with henna mud on my head feels rather calming.

Arctic
March 10th, 2016, 07:53 AM
I have started to want to trim again.

parkmikii
March 10th, 2016, 07:55 AM
I have started to want to trim again.

*nods* I too started to get some trimming itches. Maybe I shall do the constant put it up and forget about it or have an S&D session..

Pat Wright
March 10th, 2016, 08:01 AM
*nods* I too started to get some trimming itches. Maybe I shall do the constant put it up and forget about it or have an S&D session..

I just did a dusting today. It needs a major chop. But I just can't do it. I usually just try to hide how damaged it is.:(

parkmikii
March 10th, 2016, 09:08 AM
I just did a dusting today. It needs a major chop. But I just can't do it. I usually just try to hide how damaged it is.:(

Put it up and keep going with the microtrimming, the damage will grow out bit by bit :grouphug:

lillielil
March 10th, 2016, 09:53 AM
Clarifying is magic.

missrandie
March 10th, 2016, 10:01 AM
Did the thread name just change?

Also, my hair is damn slick today. Perhaps I shouldn't have done that second conditioning... On the plus side, my ends are happy. That's all I really care about.

I also wonder how many years I can go without trimming my hair, without getting extreme fairytale ends.

spirals
March 10th, 2016, 10:06 AM
Yes. At the time I posted I was almost sure there was a thread like this before, but couldn't find it. Maybe there was and they merged them. Or someone is being funny. I am pleased my thread is now a "mega" thread. Awesome.

Anje
March 10th, 2016, 10:12 AM
The name was just me being silly. ;)

restless
March 10th, 2016, 10:42 AM
I like the name upgrade :D

My latest random contribution to this megathread: 2 days with my hair being down and now I feel guilty (?!?) about it. Bun tomorrow and then DT during the weekend it is!

rags
March 10th, 2016, 11:16 AM
I like the name upgrade too!

I just made my first cinnabun since my cut last June! AND if I put all my hair in a pony on top of my head like a unicorn :p , Im over 1.5" thickness now. Now for all these wild little baby regrowth hairs to make it back down to where they can be bunned (and quit sticking STRAIGHT up in the air like wild little silver demons!)

Pat Wright
March 10th, 2016, 11:22 AM
I like the name upgrade too!

I just made my first cinnabun since my cut last June! AND if I put all my hair in a pony on top of my head like a unicorn :p , Im over 1.5" thickness now. Now for all these wild little baby regrowth hairs to make it back down to where they can be bunned (and quit sticking STRAIGHT up in the air like wild little silver demons!)

Congrats! I bet it looks great.

SteelRose
March 10th, 2016, 11:29 AM
Feeling down today. My hair has braid shred literally from top to bottom. With all the cycles of shed and regrowth that I have been through the last 6 years, my hair is a million different lengths. I realized talking with my husband today that my hair when I joined here almost four years ago (before a massive shed) was the thickness of my hair now PLUS my paranda. I know there isn't anything I can do except wait and be patient. It is just so hard to do!!

Pat Wright
March 10th, 2016, 11:34 AM
Feeling down today. My hair has braid shred literally from top to bottom. With all the cycles of shed and regrowth that I have been through the last 6 years, my hair is a million different lengths. I realized talking with my husband today that my hair when I joined here almost four years ago (before a massive shed) was the thickness of my hair now PLUS my paranda. I know there isn't anything I can do except wait and be patient. It is just so hard to do!!

I'm having a problem with patience too right now. Hang in there!:flower:

Swan Maiden
March 10th, 2016, 11:34 AM

I know this pain. Post partum shed was so rough on me. I was looking back to pictures before my shed struck and my braid was so fat with no taper. Time and patience and good care, inside and out.

Anje
March 10th, 2016, 12:44 PM
The lotion I got for my hands is making my hair feel really soft, I think. Also, why isn't my hair at fingertip yet? (Because I trimmed the ends, duh!)

Pat Wright
March 10th, 2016, 12:47 PM
The lotion I got for my hands is making my hair feel really soft, I think. Also, why isn't my hair at fingertip yet? (Because I trimmed the ends, duh!)

I've wondered about the lotion thing before.

HeartofHaleth
March 10th, 2016, 12:51 PM
And the shedding continues...I was greeted by a ping-pong ball of hair after my shower today, instead of the usual modest thimbleful. Hopefully it's just because I had it up all the time, and the hairs that I shed throughout the week didn't have a chance to fall out. Either way, I need to go back to the oil massages.

spirals
March 10th, 2016, 01:23 PM
I use lotion on the very ends sometimes. I try to have as few personal care products as I can, so if something does double duty, yay.

Pat Wright
March 10th, 2016, 01:24 PM
I use lotion on the very ends sometimes. I try to have as few personal care products as I can, so if something does double duty, yay.

Oh! Gotta try this. My ends are so dry!

spirals
March 10th, 2016, 01:28 PM
Oh! Gotta try this. My ends are so dry!

May I recommend one? I like Target's generic Up & Up Advanced Therapy. It's supposed to be like Suave Advanced Therapy (haha, which is probably a generic of something else). It smells so good. Glycerin is the second ingredient. My hair likes that.

Pat Wright
March 10th, 2016, 01:30 PM
May I recommend one? I like Target's generic Up & Up Advanced Therapy. It's supposed to be like Suave Advanced Therapy (haha, which is probably a generic of something else). It smells so good. Glycerin is the second ingredient. My hair likes that.

Thanks. I will definitely check it out.

Olavi
March 10th, 2016, 01:37 PM
My classmate has recently complimented my hair often, and almost over about my buns. I like flattery, but I can't understand why she likes my go-to buns (which I make using two seamless cloth elastics and slaughtered sock in about 15 seconds) so much :shrug:

Arctic
March 10th, 2016, 01:42 PM
My classmate has recently complimented my hair often, and almost over about my buns. I like flattery, but I can't understand why she likes my go-to buns (which I make using two seamless cloth elastics and slaughtered sock in about 15 seconds) so much :shrug:

I've seen many comments over the years about same phenomena: when one does a difficult, intricate, hair style that takes 30 minutes, no-one says a thing. But when one does a dirty, messy quick bun/braid, compliments are raining left and right. Maybe the simpler styles are somehow more relateable?

Neelie
March 10th, 2016, 01:45 PM
im sitting in work here, late night, and opened my pony tail to relax and message my head a little, feeling surprisingly satisfied, sexy, feminine and happy with my growth the last 11 months since the big chop :) the pain is slowly going away as my hair gets longer hehehehe.

Inga-Marjukka
March 10th, 2016, 02:16 PM
Thanks Arctic and JustPam! I "solved" my problem by buying a bunch of chopsticks, cutting them shorter and sanding them. Working well! The pencil tip is also cool and definitely one I'm going to try.

lillielil
March 10th, 2016, 03:01 PM
Would bangs be a terrible idea? I think they might just make the top look thinner. On the other hand, I think the everything-pulled-back look is getting really old and wearing it down sure as heck isn't going to happen.

languagenut
March 10th, 2016, 03:11 PM
Is it my imagination, or do my braids look thinner than usual today? Maybe it's the french braid thing affecting the braid taper? Maybe I've just been doing a single braid so much recently, the double braids look thin in comparison? :confused:

dfotw
March 10th, 2016, 03:14 PM
Other people have wispies, me, I have the silliest temple ringlets in existence! :silly:

https://40.media.tumblr.com/d257b5bb1dd72de0c79d77b8d8dd7a7e/tumblr_o3ugcyI3kV1qfmetxo3_500.jpg

(it's been there since this morning, I left it because I thought it was hilarious! :D)

Arctic
March 10th, 2016, 03:15 PM
Would bangs be a terrible idea? I think they might just make the top look thinner. On the other hand, I think the everything-pulled-back look is getting really old and wearing it down sure as heck isn't going to happen.

You might remember the face framing layer DIY hack job I did last autumn, which turned out to look like I'd be growing out heavy bangs. Well as much as I don't like how much hair the "bangs" take from my sides, I have to say they are very flattering on my thin front area. Also they look great when my hair is up, partially thanks to how thick they are. On the other hand they make my braids and bun a bit thinner.

In general when I think through the years, I have almost always wanted to grow my bangs out, when ever I have had them cut in. I am not a bangs kind of person, they bother me and aren't very flattering, the blunt type. But these face framing layers/"bangs", unfortunate as they were, never have made me feel they are unflattering. Just like you suspected, they make me feel less "hair loss-y" and more contemporary.

You could try sectioning an area as if you would be cutting in bangs, ponytail that section, and see how the rest of your hair looks like.

Frankenstein
March 10th, 2016, 03:18 PM
I'm excited about wearing my hair up in different styles this summer, since I've always just worn it down. I bet it will be much less hot too :D

Arctic
March 10th, 2016, 03:18 PM
Is it my imagination, or do my braids look thinner than usual today? Maybe it's the french braid thing affecting the braid taper? Maybe I've just been doing a single braid so much recently, the double braids look thin in comparison? :confused:

French braid do make hair look a bit thinner, I think it's because it's distributed on a larger area.

Other people have wispies, me, I have the silliest temple ringlets in existence! :silly:

https://40.media.tumblr.com/d257b5bb1dd72de0c79d77b8d8dd7a7e/tumblr_o3ugcyI3kV1qfmetxo3_500.jpg

(it's been there since this morning, I left it because I thought it was hilarious! :D)

Love it! Reminds me of the last time I took an exam. I felt very pretty all the time but after the exam, when I went to the ladies room and looked in the mirror, I saw all my baby hairs around my ears had rebeliously started to stick straight out, like Scrooge McDuck :D

lillielil
March 10th, 2016, 03:56 PM
You might remember the face framing layer DIY hack job I did last autumn, which turned out to look like I'd be growing out heavy bangs. Well as much as I don't like how much hair the "bangs" take from my sides, I have to say they are very flattering on my thin front area. Also they look great when my hair is up, partially thanks to how thick they are. On the other hand they make my braids and bun a bit thinner.

In general when I think through the years, I have almost always wanted to grow my bangs out, when ever I have had them cut in. I am not a bangs kind of person, they bother me and aren't very flattering, the blunt type. But these face framing layers/"bangs", unfortunate as they were, never have made me feel they are unflattering. Just like you suspected, they make me feel less "hair loss-y" and more contemporary.

You could try sectioning an area as if you would be cutting in bangs, ponytail that section, and see how the rest of your hair looks like.

It was before I returned to LHC, but I found it pretty easily in your blog. They aren't bad! It looks like you were surprised by the technique's initial results, but after some nudging you did quite a good job with them.

I'm not too worried about bangs taking volume from my ponytail/bun because I think 90% of my hair is in the back anyway. The front's only real contribution is splits galore.

My primary concern is that my LOE when it comes to hair-cutting tends to be along these lines: snip, snip (http://us.hellomagazine.com/healthandbeauty/hair/2016030730168/beauty-blogger-camila-bravo-shares-how-to-cut-your-own-fringe/)

Hairkay
March 10th, 2016, 03:58 PM

I think it's cute.

I have many of these with a bit tighter curl at the front of my hair line. Sometimes when I pass a mirror in the bathroom I spot a new one. These days I just go awww and carry on my day.

Kimberly
March 10th, 2016, 04:13 PM
I just realized my autocorrect knows how to spell the names of an awful lot of hairtoy makers.

rags
March 10th, 2016, 05:33 PM
I just realized my autocorrect knows how to spell the names of an awful lot of hairtoy makers.

So does mine, Kimberly! LOL.

spirals
March 10th, 2016, 06:12 PM
Meanwhile, my autocorrect doesn't know any of those, but now knows the word pantaloons. I had to teach it one day. I don't even remember why, just that it was funny.

Katia_k
March 10th, 2016, 06:22 PM
Almost a week since HennaFest 2016. A friend took this fabulous pic the day after, and it was so vibrant and red. Being blind and unable to see its progress, I have this deep fear that it faded to something so blah. But I was leaving lunch the other day, and a stranger stopped me to compliment my color. It was so gratifying and I pranced like a dork all the way home.

My hair is also returning to its proper texture. I conditioned the crap out of it on henna day, but didn't have time to do a DT. After some love from an avocado treatment, another conditioning, and some moroccan oil, it feels less wirey and more like itself today. It's good to feel normal again, and to know that the color's still hanging out there. Still might buy some red-depositing conditioner though, just to boost it a bit. But over all, super pleased with the experiment.

Zesty
March 10th, 2016, 07:25 PM
Since I don't trim I feel like I should S&D more, but then every time I sit down to try I can't find any splits. :hmm: A good problem to have, I guess.

Also the addition of pre-wash oiling with EVOO has definitely improved my already good routine. It's great when things just work!

spirals
March 10th, 2016, 07:28 PM
I think I'm fairytaling at waist, and I'm not happy about it. I don't want this to be my terminal length.

rags
March 10th, 2016, 07:34 PM
I think I'm fairytaling at waist, and I'm not happy about it. I don't want this to be my terminal length.

I begin fairytaling between APL and BSL, and was still going strong at hip before my Great Shed. I don't think it means it's your terminal necessarily. Some people have more taper than others (mine didn't taper horribly until about waist, but it definitely starts at around APL.).

EdG
March 10th, 2016, 08:19 PM
I made a clockwise swirl today. This was after a long time of counter-clockwise.

It took several tries to get comfortable. I need to rotate my buns more often. ;)
Ed

irodaryne
March 10th, 2016, 08:49 PM

I get the exact same thing! It's the most perfect little ringlet and only on one side.

mary*rose
March 10th, 2016, 09:00 PM
I made a clockwise swirl today. This was after a long time of counter-clockwise.

It took several tries to get comfortable. I need to rotate my buns more often. ;)
Ed

*channeling 80s work-out videos* Now twist left, and right. Left, and right. You got it! Keep going!

EdG
March 10th, 2016, 09:05 PM
*channeling 80s work-out videos* Now twist left, and right. Left, and right. You got it! Keep going!LOL! :lol:

Maybe I need to do counter-clockwise on odd days and clockwise on even days. ;)
Ed

spirals
March 10th, 2016, 10:22 PM
I begin fairytaling between APL and BSL, and was still going strong at hip before my Great Shed. I don't think it means it's your terminal necessarily. Some people have more taper than others (mine didn't taper horribly until about waist, but it definitely starts at around APL.).

I'm thinking it's possibly the remainder of layers because it's pretty even until just the last inch and half. Still, I don't know. Oh well; at least I have hair, right? I mean, I should be more grateful.

Jumper
March 10th, 2016, 10:32 PM
Used a shea moisture masque for 30 minutes. Not covered with a shower cap, I just put it in a bun and sat in the bath reading a book until time was up.

Then I proceeded to panic after rinsing because it felt so grabby and tangly, so I did a quick, light coat with a little of my regular conditioner diluted and rinsed it out thoroughly. I tried to be strong and just wait until it dried to see what it did, I really tried... But thinking back to the terrible period in my life that I tried to be strictly no 'cones, I probably made the right decision because moisture does not always translate to slip.

It is still very wet but as it's drying it feels moisturized and slippery. We'll see tomorrow once it's dry but I think it was the right thing to do though not a real "test" of the product.

Daydreamer.
March 11th, 2016, 05:06 AM
Whoa. This is the biggest thread I've seen!

parkmikii
March 11th, 2016, 05:12 AM
The henna turned out great! Had some pictures taken in the forest and I can't wait to edit them :D

Arctic
March 11th, 2016, 06:17 AM
It was before I returned to LHC, but I found it pretty easily in your blog. They aren't bad! It looks like you were surprised by the technique's initial results, but after some nudging you did quite a good job with them.

I'm not too worried about bangs taking volume from my ponytail/bun because I think 90% of my hair is in the back anyway. The front's only real contribution is splits galore.

My primary concern is that my LOE when it comes to hair-cutting tends to be along these lines: snip, snip (http://us.hellomagazine.com/healthandbeauty/hair/2016030730168/beauty-blogger-camila-bravo-shares-how-to-cut-your-own-fringe/)

Maybe you are right. If my hair would be a bit thicker I might be thrilled with these face framing bangs. The only thing I don't like is how much, how big chunks of hair the initial cut took from the sides of my hair. The bangs themselves, after I fine tuned and blended then, have been fine. What was especially successful with was the sectioning. It was done is such a way that if I have rest of my hair up and my face framing are left out of the updo, there is no visible scalp between bangs and the rest of the hair. I hate it when there is scalp showing there, and this sectioning has eliminated that. It is for a big part this that makes the bangs flattering on me. I think one can't get such results with very small section, it needs to start a bit higher up. And thicker bangs are more "in" currently.

Kepp us updated what you decide to do!

khryz
March 11th, 2016, 07:03 AM
I think I finally embraced the idea of enjoying the process of growing my hair out. I tried 1 month to of growing out my dye/bleach but realized I was unhappy and felt the urge to keep cutting my hair. I felt guilty that I put my hair through bleach, which seemed to be against the code of growing healthy hair.

With the collective wisdom of the LHC, and no longer feeling guilty that I bleach my hair, I'm happy to see my red mane grow longer each week. It just makes me happy to touch up my roots and recolor. The red is so vibrant it makes me happy... and it makes me not want to cut my hair, but instead see how long I can grow it out. Will I still look good with APL hair all red? Of course, there's a lot of TLC to be done for my hair, but I enjoy the pampering process of feeding it protein and moisture as I watch it grow grow grow.

Pinni
March 11th, 2016, 07:28 AM
I am sure khryz it would look awesome at APL all red. I have not seen the shade you have in real life. How you color it?

I broke again one hair clip (cheap but cute). It was only about one week old. :( I dont like buying stuff that breaks into pieces in days. I think it was little bit too small so it can be my own fault though.

lillielil
March 11th, 2016, 07:56 AM
Maybe you are right. If my hair would be a bit thicker I might be thrilled with these face framing bangs. The only thing I don't like is how much, how big chunks of hair the initial cut took from the sides of my hair. The bangs themselves, after I fine tuned and blended then, have been fine. What was especially successful with was the sectioning. It was done is such a way that if I have rest of my hair up and my face framing are left out of the updo, there is no visible scalp between bangs and the rest of the hair. I hate it when there is scalp showing there, and this sectioning has eliminated that. It is for a big part this that makes the bangs flattering on me. I think one can't get such results with very small section, it needs to start a bit higher up. And thicker bangs are more "in" currently.

Kepp us updated what you decide to do!

I posted in the Shed thread with photos seeking advice, specifically regarding scalp showing. The amount of work that you put into trimming your bangs is WAY more than I think I'm able to do. I think that's reflective of our styles and attitudes in general, though. You do so many interesting, intricate styles that you actually check in the mirror, whereas I typically just jam a stick in it, then say "Yikes!" when I happen to get a look hours later. :) On the other hand, if I do decide to go through with it, I would probably be happier with the end result if I spend more than 30 seconds on it.

Pat Wright
March 11th, 2016, 08:05 AM
Why oh why do I want to touch up my hair color when it's only been 3 weeks. I think it's because I just lightened it 3 weeks ago and want to even it out a bit.

gregh
March 11th, 2016, 08:41 AM
Always thought of the length milestones (shoulder, APL, BSL, etc.) as just markers of growth, but I'm starting to appreciate that hair moves and behaves differently at them as well.

missblueeyes
March 11th, 2016, 09:21 AM
Gosh I'm getting so bored of my haircolour. I want my hair to be darker and get rid of these stupid, blonde ends.

SteelRose
March 11th, 2016, 10:16 AM
I think I have bun dysmorphia. Is that a thing? I know lots of us get the length version where our idea of long changes being here. I really feel like my bun is small, but my average hairstick length is longer than most of the ones I see on seller sites. Maybe I just have a huge head and it makes my bun look smaller in comparison... That seems pretty possible. I've always had a difficult time finding hats. Anyone else have this problem?

SteelRose
March 11th, 2016, 10:18 AM
Always thought of the length milestones (shoulder, APL, BSL, etc.) as just markers of growth, but I'm starting to appreciate that hair moves and behaves differently at them as well.

This is definitely true. It doesn't take much growth to cause a large change in feel either.

JustPam
March 11th, 2016, 10:48 AM
Gosh I'm getting so bored of my haircolour. I want my hair to be darker and get rid of these stupid, blonde ends.

Get some Manic Panic on 'em, that's sure to relieve some boredom! :P

languagenut
March 11th, 2016, 11:01 AM
I wonder how much my hair weighs? Absalom weighed his at 200 shekels, after he "polled it: because the hair was heavy upon him", but I'm not willing to cut mine off just to satisfy my curiosity. :shrug:

AdaClare
March 11th, 2016, 11:59 AM
I'm excited about wearing my hair up in different styles this summer, since I've always just worn it down. I bet it will be much less hot too :D

I may try different styles this summer, too! I'm getting tired of plain buns and braids.

Frankenstein
March 11th, 2016, 12:23 PM
Lately I've been feeling like I want to change many things about my life, one of them being my hair. I keep seeing really cute layered BSL cuts that sort of tempt me, but I don't think I really want to take that plunge. I am thinking a lot about blue or purple streaks, though... :smile:

Swan Maiden
March 11th, 2016, 02:57 PM
We got the dreaded memo from my childs school "We have had head lice exposure" My head has been itching all day after that message. The good thing is they noticed it fast, therefore reducing exposure. My kids head is spotless. I am still going to sanitize her school belongings.

There is a line called Fairy Tales at Target that has a head lice prevention shampoo. It has rosemary I think. Anyone heard of this and use it? I don't need to get rid of any since there is no infestation, but I would love to do anything to deter one.

lillielil
March 11th, 2016, 03:04 PM
We got the dreaded memo from my childs school "We have had head lice exposure" My head has been itching all day after that message. The good thing is they noticed it fast, therefore reducing exposure. My kids head is spotless. I am still going to sanitize her school belongings.

There is a line called Fairy Tales at Target that has a head lice prevention shampoo. It has rosemary I think. Anyone heard of this and use it? I don't need to get rid of any since there is no infestation, but I would love to do anything to deter one.

I have no advice, but my head is itchy just reading this!

rhosyn_du
March 11th, 2016, 04:33 PM
It's funny how much thickness affects the ability to do updos. About a year ago, 2/3 of my hair was the length it all is now, with the rest shaved, and I was able to wear peacock and french twists with no problem. With my entire head full of hair, though, I'm nowhere near being able to do either.

dfotw
March 11th, 2016, 05:11 PM
High to all those who also have silly little temple ringlets! :toast:

My order from iherb came in today (it's amazing to be able to splurge for expedited shipping for once and get in 3 days instead of 3-4 weeks!), and now I have cassia, some henna, and the Tiny Twirlers conditioner. Hair improvements, here I go!

khryz
March 11th, 2016, 05:30 PM
@Pinni I have to bleach my level 2 hair up to about a 7-8, then applied a veggie dye only. This time I used Arctic Fox "Wrath".

@Pat Wright I want to touch up every 2 weeks, so I say go for it if it makes you feel better! :D

@Swan Maiden I don't know about the shampoo. We got a note once from the daycare where all my 3 kids attend, so it was scary I kept checking their hair. But glad they didn't catch any because the daycare discovered the head lice exposure early. Hope you don't have to make the Target trip!

trolleypup
March 11th, 2016, 06:59 PM
I wonder how much my hair weighs? Absalom weighed his at 200 shekels, after he "polled it: because the hair was heavy upon him", but I'm not willing to cut mine off just to satisfy my curiosity. :shrug:
Requires help and a decent small digital scale. Ponytail then braid or band so it is fairly flexible, hold head steady while the hair is resting on the scale (in a bowl or maybe tied into a knot or clump. At your length you should be able to get a more or less accurate weight. Make a judgement about what part of your hair is resting on the scale. Flip that portion and multiply the weight. (1/3 on scale-multiply by 3, 1/2-multiply by 2, 2/3-multiply by 1.5)

Not that this is accurate, but plus or minus 50%.

EdG
March 11th, 2016, 08:05 PM
Whoa. This is the biggest thread I've seen!The title too got changed from "thread" to "megathread". It's like getting a promotion! :cheese:
Ed

spirals
March 11th, 2016, 09:15 PM
I'm still convinced there was another like this and I don't know why it didn't last.

restless
March 12th, 2016, 03:35 AM
Oh the hardship of being a longhair...

1: Ive been noticing the water running slow down the drain in my bathtub lately, so I figured it was time to...um... de-hair it on this fine Saturday morning. I havent been living in this apartment for a very long time and Ive been super careful (finger)combing through my hair to get rid off loose hairs before entering the tub, so I was thinking "How bad can it be?". Well, the answer is "bad" obviously. It was a small freakin´ animal in there and I keep wondering where all that hair come from and why Im not bald yet.

2: This morning, before I decided to go hunt down the animal in the drain, I slathered on a mix of coconut and jojoba oil on my hair as a DT and put it all up in a very unflattering bun on top of my head. Well, as I got up from the floor after cleaning the drain I hit my head on a sharp edge of a shelf in the bathroom. My initial thought wasnt the usual "oww ouch, my poor head!", but rather "if I need stitches now the doctor´s gonna think my hair is so gross".

RavennaNight
March 12th, 2016, 05:19 AM
People at work were talking about how they have to wash their hair every day or they have to put it up in a pony tail. I stayed silent. :lol:

Aleexzandra
March 12th, 2016, 07:28 AM
http://tophairstyles.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/All-white-Long-Queen-500x500.jpg
This is what I want.
I'm pregnnt right now and I don't cut or dye my hair (I also like something like that (http://tophairstyles.net/best-short-bob-hairstyles/18/)).
But hairloss is terrible! All articles say that being pregnant means having strong and beautiful hair and nails... I don't feel that!
My hair is all over my appartment!
What can I do to stop hairloss?
:confused:

missblueeyes
March 12th, 2016, 07:30 AM
Get some Manic Panic on 'em, that's sure to relieve some boredom! :P

Nah, I dyed my hair black instead. Yeah, was bound to happen. :P No regrets.

dfotw
March 12th, 2016, 10:54 AM
Sitting here with green goop dripping down my neck... ah, feels familiar! :D

Eastbound&Down
March 12th, 2016, 11:12 AM
Not sure where to put this so...

I got bored and had some extra yarn laying around from some scarves I made, I wanted to see where about my hair would need to be if I wanted it at hip in the front.

(Please ignore the gigantic pregnant belly)
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21995&d=1457805693

So about hip in front is:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21994&d=1457805610

Approximately TBL?

Olavi
March 12th, 2016, 03:03 PM
Today I went to some GLBTQ+/youth groub-cafe-thingie, and there was this pretty girl with prettypretty hair and I hugged her and accidentally touched her hair and it was SO soft and smooth I got kinda flustered and petted her hair for few minutes. Thank goodness she enjoyed it and didn't thought it was creepy or anything, because her hair felt so amazing it kinda took me of guard :D

Frankenstein
March 12th, 2016, 09:54 PM
Clarifying always makes my flyaway hairs come out and behave like demons... every single one of them.

turtlelover
March 12th, 2016, 11:46 PM
I accidently used a shampoo with cones --- Head & Shoulders for a very mild SD flare up. Cone free was actually going pretty well, so I am sad that I blew my cone free streak. Oh well....I doubt it could have THAT many cones. I'm not sure what to use for SD flares that is cone free.

spirals
March 12th, 2016, 11:54 PM
turtlelover, I don't know if it's SD, but I often have itchy scalp that flares up with hormonal shift before my period. My mom has SD, so maybe I probably do as well, but not as symptomatic as hers maybe? Anyway, I am not happy with dandruff shampoos, as far as their gloopy texture, smell, and what they do to my hair. I decided to go back to soap. I just picked up Yes To Tomatoes bar soap. It's for problem skin. I did a CWRC (condition, wash, rinse [citric acid], conditon) with it and my scalp is happier than it was before. I should've had to wash tonight, but there's no need for it. It smells soooo good! I'm using it for both body and hair as I normally do. I like products that are double-duty.

Stray_mind
March 13th, 2016, 04:21 AM
Today is hair hate day... It's tangly, it's unmanageable, it's prone to static (wich made me go crazy whole winter and it still does.), it's thin, it's ugly.... I just want to shave my head. Urgh :brickwall

Inga-Marjukka
March 13th, 2016, 05:49 AM
I wonder if my hair is behaving so badly because of cone-free conditioner and shampoo. Lately it's felt a bit sticky and it doesn't matter how often I brush it, it's tangly. Does this sound familiar to anyone? My hair is pretty thick and very fine. I actually realised yesterday that my hair has thickened lots and lots since autumn.

Arctic
March 13th, 2016, 06:09 AM
I wonder if my hair is behaving so badly because of cone-free conditioner and shampoo. Lately it's felt a bit sticky and it doesn't matter how often I brush it, it's tangly. Does this sound familiar to anyone? My hair is pretty thick and very fine. I actually realised yesterday that my hair has thickened lots and lots since autumn.

Sounds like classic case of build-up. I can recommend Herbina clarifying shampoo, it's good stuff and not drying.

Arctic
March 13th, 2016, 06:11 AM
Today is hair hate day... It's tangly, it's unmanageable, it's prone to static (wich made me go crazy whole winter and it still does.), it's thin, it's ugly.... I just want to shave my head. Urgh :brickwall

You too, sounds like you might have build-up. I'd clarify, followed with SMT or other moisturizing treatment. Moisturized hair isn't prone to static as much.

Wusel
March 13th, 2016, 07:29 AM
I hope people don't judge me or insult me for my long hair when it's very long.
The very common insult for long hair here in North Germany is. "Ugh. You look like one from The 'Kelly Family'"
And I notice every day that where I live only very young girls, under 20, wear long hair. :(

Eastbound&Down
March 13th, 2016, 08:37 AM
I hope people don't judge me or insult me for my long hair when it's very long.
The very common insult for long hair here in North Germany is. "Ugh. You look like one from The 'Kelly Family'"
And I notice every day that where I live only very young girls, under 20, wear long hair. :(

I had to google, but are they a band of some sort? I wouldn't worry about snide remarks. Where I grew up, having long hair meant you were pentecostal. We weren't, my sister and I always had reasonably long hair and it was always just assumed. Never bothered me, some of my best friends were pentecostal and there was and still is a large population of them in the local area. But for some people,that was always very offensive.
I would just take comments which a grain of salt and keep doing what makes you happy.

Zesty
March 13th, 2016, 08:53 AM
I accidently used a shampoo with cones --- Head & Shoulders for a very mild SD flare up. Cone free was actually going pretty well, so I am sad that I blew my cone free streak. Oh well....I doubt it could have THAT many cones. I'm not sure what to use for SD flares that is cone free.

I use T-Gel for my scalp issues and it works great for me. As far as I know it doesn't have cones. It's not for everyone but I thought I'd mention.

fiğrildi
March 13th, 2016, 10:00 AM
(...) The very common insult for long hair here in North Germany is. "Ugh. You look like one from The 'Kelly Family'"

I used to live in a cottage with other long hairs musicians (female and male), our landlord used to call us the Kelly Family :laugh:

I'm not a fan, but I never took that as an insult... they had rocking hair :rockerdud

Edited to add: I don't think he ever meant that as an insult either... landlord is now growing WL, and used to rock TBL in his younger days ;)

Silverbleed
March 13th, 2016, 11:04 AM
I just realized ... it will take me much longer to grow my hair to APL than my friend. Because my friend is really short. And I'm tall :(

I never thought of that lol.

AJNinami
March 13th, 2016, 12:57 PM
The frizz difference between my bleach and my natural hair is astounding.

SteelRose
March 13th, 2016, 12:59 PM
I just realized ... it will take me much longer to grow my hair to APL than my friend. Because my friend is really short. And I'm tall :(

I never thought of that lol.

I think APL is less of a difference unless you also have a large difference in neck length. The height comes into play more for the longer milestones. :)

Frankenstein
March 13th, 2016, 02:25 PM
I had to lose about 2 inches of hair to fix my hem and it seemed noticeably shorter when I wore it down yesterday. But it will grow back, especially now that it's getting warmer :)

Silverbleed
March 13th, 2016, 03:02 PM
I think APL is less of a difference unless you also have a large difference in neck length. The height comes into play more for the longer milestones. :)

You're right, the difference isn't massive. But there is a difference already - at least for us, from the top of my head to APL - of 5 inches. That's almost about a year of basic growing.
It's not too bad, I just find it fascinating xD I do have to add our height differences are pretty big.

Wusel
March 13th, 2016, 03:55 PM
You're right, the difference isn't massive. But there is a difference already - at least for us, from the top of my head to APL - of 5 inches. That's almost about a year of basic growing.
It's not too bad, I just find it fascinating xD I do have to add our height differences are pretty big.

I have a very long neck. So... growing from chin to shoulder was very long for me.

turtlelover
March 13th, 2016, 09:46 PM
My hair feels absolutely tangley and awful today after a wash w/ Head & Shoulders. Normally it doesn't do this to my hair, but I didn't follow it up w/ a cone conditioner this time, so maybe that is the differnce, instead, I used some Burt's Bees conditioner that had been working very well for me up till today w/ some cone free Pantene Ice Shine. Picky hair!!! Blah!!!!! I should be able to go back to the Pantene tomorrow and see if it fixes the issue.

spirals
March 13th, 2016, 09:57 PM
^ I feel ya. I should call tangly my hair type instead of 2c.

languagenut
March 13th, 2016, 10:09 PM
I had to lose about 2 inches of hair to fix my hem and it seemed noticeably shorter when I wore it down yesterday. But it will grow back, especially now that it's getting warmer :)

You too? I don't feel alone now. :)

It's so weird, how my hair feels so much shorter to me, but nobody else even notices any difference! Except for one friend who recently finished hairdresser training said "oh, you got a trim!" but I suspect it was more because of the change in hemline than the difference in length. I'm starting to kinda miss my scraggly ends, though; I never realized how much that thin, rough end did to keep my bun in place! Now the end is all blunt and fluffy and keeps popping out :-(.

AJNinami
March 13th, 2016, 11:00 PM
My hair seems to finally be going back to my 1c-ish texture now that I'm giving it more moisture and TLC

khryz
March 14th, 2016, 05:32 AM
I'm so proud of myself today. DH said 'yes' when I asked if I should go trim my hair. (It's been 56 days since my last cut) My ends were getting hard to comb through, and I know it has to do with my last bleaching session. However, I held back and took another look at my ends. MOST of them still look fine, so I decided that maybe I just need an SMT to baby the ends. I know that eventually I'll have to trim the ends off a little, but I'm not giving in to the urge just yet when my ends aren't too bad.

Kiiruna
March 14th, 2016, 10:20 AM
About body measurements and growing hair: my chin to shoulder is actually pretty much the same than bsl to waist :D

humble_knight
March 14th, 2016, 01:43 PM
I need to remember to pack a headband in my bag each time I have an exercise class. Today, I looked like a crazy loon waving my arms and legs and my hair flying around in all directions.

missblueeyes
March 14th, 2016, 02:00 PM
Ever since I dyed my hair black people have been commenting on how much healthier it looks. I guess outside of LHC shiny = healthy because this is definitely not as healthy as my natural growth!

parkmikii
March 14th, 2016, 03:07 PM
I wonder if diluting shampoo before putting it on the scalp is better than using it full strength :confused:

spirals
March 14th, 2016, 03:32 PM
I just took a half inch off my length and I want to take more. I don't like fairytale ends on me. If I cut them off I'm back to a half inch above waist. I guess it doesn't really matter either way if I wear it up all the time. :hmm:

Nique1202
March 14th, 2016, 04:20 PM
I wonder if diluting shampoo before putting it on the scalp is better than using it full strength :confused:

For some folks it works out better. It does help to get the shampoo right down to the scalp in spots like the back of the head. Personally, I tried using my usual amount of shampoo diluted in water for a few washes and it made my hair totally unworkable, too slippery even to stay in a braid or a disc bun, and so flat on top that it just flopped around. I had to go back to the spread-it-on-my-hands method pretty quickly. My length may get dry on day 3, but at least it stays in a braid all day again now.

HeartofHaleth
March 14th, 2016, 04:38 PM
Decisions, decisions.

Actually, no. I really just need to stop being lazy and start using oil on my scalp again, starting tonight. Since I stopped using it, my scalp has been flakier/oilier/itchier (somehow), the greasiness has been out of control and has made my hair really difficult to manage, and I've been shedding twice as much hair. If I don't keep it up this time, somebody yell at me!

lithostoic
March 14th, 2016, 04:49 PM
I might get my growing out highlights/bleach color matched to my roots next time I go in for a trim. Idk though.

Robi-Bird
March 14th, 2016, 05:24 PM
A colleague of mine wanted to know where I got my streaks done. Since I did them myself I took that as quite a compliment.

Zesty
March 14th, 2016, 05:33 PM
Clarifying makes my hair so unmanageable. I always DT afterwards and it's soft and not tangly, but it still feels different and isn't as workable as it usually is.

khryz
March 14th, 2016, 06:39 PM
Less than a week since touching up my roots and the new ones are showing! It's quite exciting to watch my hair grow every week like this.

lithostoic
March 14th, 2016, 07:11 PM
LOOK AT IT.

Sorry I'm posting this on like every thread lol I'm just excited about it right now. Never knew my hair could look this tamed even if it looks kinda oily. I don't mind.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-WsUgcVq-qVU/VuddWtzUPUI/AAAAAAAABIw/RJY9cOyN41ciuziRvH1FTmmvsUH3XN4pA/w325-h577-no/16%2B-%2B1

HeartofHaleth
March 14th, 2016, 07:48 PM
LOOK AT IT.

Sorry I'm posting this on like every thread lol I'm just excited about it right now. Never knew my hair could look this tamed even if it looks kinda oily. I don't mind.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-WsUgcVq-qVU/VuddWtzUPUI/AAAAAAAABIw/RJY9cOyN41ciuziRvH1FTmmvsUH3XN4pA/w325-h577-no/16%2B-%2B1

Looks great! Nice sweater, by the way. ;)

Loktra
March 14th, 2016, 08:02 PM
Haven't needed my usually-weekly Nizoral for about a month...
No idea if my scalp is trying to fool me, or if I've finally learned out to play nice with the water at my new place...

Katia_k
March 14th, 2016, 08:49 PM
I have the worst time not touching my hair while it dries. It's just so soft and curly and flippy and fun to play with. I waaaaana touch it.

(think of the friz, think of the friz....go pet a cat for distraction and avoid making future-you sad).

spirals
March 14th, 2016, 09:56 PM
I can't say enough about http://www.walmart.com/ip/45743497?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222227033817373&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=70648483592&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=51491542087&veh=sem My scalp is calm now. It smells so good, like a musk perfume. It will probably keep backne at bay this summer. It's a keeper.

lillielil
March 14th, 2016, 10:09 PM
I can't say enough about http://www.walmart.com/ip/45743497?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222227033817373&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=70648483592&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=51491542087&veh=sem My scalp is calm now. It smells so good, like a musk perfume. It will probably keep backne at bay this summer. It's a keeper.

Are you using it as shampoo? Do you condition or do a rinse after?

spirals
March 14th, 2016, 10:21 PM
Are you using it as shampoo? Do you condition or do a rinse after?

Yes and yes. I do CWC but with a citric acid rinse in between the wash and final conditioning. I tried shampoo for a while, but my scalp just likes soap and c.a. rinse better. And this soap is the best I've tried so far.

parkmikii
March 14th, 2016, 10:50 PM
For some folks it works out better. It does help to get the shampoo right down to the scalp in spots like the back of the head. Personally, I tried using my usual amount of shampoo diluted in water for a few washes and it made my hair totally unworkable, too slippery even to stay in a braid or a disc bun, and so flat on top that it just flopped around. I had to go back to the spread-it-on-my-hands method pretty quickly. My length may get dry on day 3, but at least it stays in a braid all day again now.

Thank you for replying :flowers:

Llama
March 14th, 2016, 11:20 PM
LOOK AT IT.

I love your wave pattern!

BrendaLoan
March 15th, 2016, 09:58 AM
Somebody sent me this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOz0nVJvdkc)video because of the song, and all I could think was: "How can this women have so much hair?? One of their braids doubles mine in thickness!" :blueeek:

parkmikii
March 15th, 2016, 10:27 AM
Somebody sent me this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOz0nVJvdkc)video because of the song, and all I could think was: "How can this women have so much hair?? One of their braids doubles mine in thickness!" :blueeek:

Oh wow! :O

missrandie
March 15th, 2016, 10:55 AM

That... Is a lot of hair.

Frankenstein
March 15th, 2016, 12:09 PM
I used olive oil instead of coconut as my weekly pre-poo for the sake of variety and my hair feels a lot softer than when I use coconut... I may try this out for a few weeks to see how it goes.

lithostoic
March 15th, 2016, 12:29 PM
Thank you Llama! Trust me it doesn't always look that nice haha.

Pinni
March 15th, 2016, 12:35 PM
It takes so much patience to grow damaged hair long. I have a Short Hair Day today. It has been the same since september because the worst damage must be cut.

Loktra
March 15th, 2016, 05:13 PM
Occurred to me today that my bangs and length are each at what I consider their respective "worst" places to be at.
Which means it can only get better! Yay!

languagenut
March 15th, 2016, 06:12 PM

That's at least three times as much hair as I have, and I thought mine was thick!

Eastbound&Down
March 15th, 2016, 07:43 PM
Found my second gray hair coming in, weirdly excited about it haha

turtlelover
March 15th, 2016, 09:03 PM
I feel like my hair is uneven since this last trim, but really don't want to break out the straightening iron to find out. I am sure ONE time probably wouldn't hurt much, but I hate to touch the thing at all.

turtlelover
March 15th, 2016, 10:15 PM
Oh, I decided to straighten it after all, and wouldn't you know, it WAS actually even. It was just my wonky wave patten curling differently on both sides with the right side flipping sideways while the left side flips under. So, I used heat for nothing in order to find this out. I did find out that my hair looks like crap straightened w/ the layers. It just doesn't look great at all, so I won't be tempted to do it again w/ this cut! I'm hoping to just leave it alone and let it grow till the end of summer. The cut looks pretty decent when I let it dry and then brush out the waves. I am still not happy with it when I try to get more defined curls. It just clumps too much and looks stringy and thin to me. Oh well, as long as it looks decent ONE way, I'll let it go! HAHA

lithostoic
March 16th, 2016, 09:54 AM
Medium thickness problems: Being able to fit some, but not all of your hair behind your ears. I accidentally dipped my hair into my eggs -.-

dfotw
March 16th, 2016, 09:57 AM
Sitting here with a SMT on my head... moisturising powers, activate! :D

Aleexzandra
March 16th, 2016, 10:00 AM
I just wanted to say that sometimes boys take care of their long hair even more than girls do.
I saw this picture and I'm so excited: <Mod -- Image and links removed for violation of nudity guidelines, as well as hotlinking. Please see picture posting rules for details.>
Do you think the same?
Is there any chance I can ensure my husband to grow hair like that?

HeartofHaleth
March 16th, 2016, 10:59 AM
Medium thickness problems: Being able to fit some, but not all of your hair behind your ears. I accidentally dipped my hair into my eggs -.-

Hey, it could be worse! A little while ago some of my hair went in a candle. Thankfully it was just a little bit of the hem that got burnt.

Swan Maiden
March 16th, 2016, 11:10 AM
It's such a pain in the butt when your hairstick slips out of your hair while driving and tumbles into that void between your seat/console.

missrandie
March 16th, 2016, 11:18 AM
Doggone it, hair, would you just ALL stay up for once? Keep the bangs back, keep the nape up. That's all I ask. It's not that hard, hair.

Also, hair, why are you so much flippier than the last time I grew you out? Is it the layers? Because seriously. Calm down. Your gravity defying flips are kinda annoying.

lithostoic
March 16th, 2016, 11:20 AM
HeartofHaleth Yikes! Poor hair.

HeartofHaleth
March 16th, 2016, 11:29 AM
HeartofHaleth Yikes! Poor hair.

As if my hemline needed any more crookedness! :rolling: the left side of my hair is about an inch longer than the middle, and the right side is about an inch shorter! :doh: Of course I realized all this AFTER I joined the No Trim 2016 challenge...:shrug:

Frankenstein
March 16th, 2016, 01:30 PM
What does it mean if it takes hair a minute or two to get wet under the shower water? My hair always does this unless I've done a pre-poo oiling, then it gets wet very fast. :confused:

lithostoic
March 16th, 2016, 02:44 PM
What does it mean if it takes hair a minute or two to get wet under the shower water? My hair always does this unless I've done a pre-poo oiling, then it gets wet very fast. :confused:

Do you have hard water? I have very hard water and I've noticed the same. Either that or your hair is less porous.

Also, I'm getting really excited about the length of my hair. It's close to APL and I feel like I'm reaching long hair territory!

Nique1202
March 16th, 2016, 03:42 PM
Between wearing my hair loose or braided more often and not trimming since last summer, I have finally gone from just 1-2 splits a week up to 5-10. It's still not much to complain about, I could certainly live with this level of S&D, but it's still a little frustrating to see such a big increase. I hope it doesn't get too much worse before I get to classic and can start trimming out more layers.

On the subject of my layers, my hair dried unusually straight this wash cycle and gosh, I've never been so glad for my usual wave pattern. If I leave it loose it just looks like over a foot of split ends sticking out all over the place, because the compact cut made my layers so evenly distributed. All the more reason to braid or bun it most of the time, I guess, until they're gone, all gone, MUAHAHAHAHAAAAA! (Too bad it's gonna take another two years to get there, and longer if I count my fringe.)

spirals
March 16th, 2016, 03:48 PM
I last washed Sunday night and it's Wednesday afternoon. I might be able to go another day, but even if my scalp yells at me to wash it tonight, that's still better than itching every day. It's been totally fine. I think it's the Yes to Tomatoes soap. I've found a winner for now.

lithostoic
March 16th, 2016, 04:36 PM
spirals yay! Always nice to find products that work for you.