PDA

View Full Version : The Random Hair Thoughts Megathread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179

Sarahlabyrinth
June 1st, 2014, 04:03 PM
My hair is getting longer every day - Yippee!!!

Robot Ninja
June 1st, 2014, 05:49 PM
I wonder at what point I can call my bangs officially grown out. They're at BSL and blend into the rest of my hair pretty well. but on the other hand, the next-shortest bits are at waist.

Larki
June 1st, 2014, 05:53 PM
Hm. I used an olive oil hair mask today (http://www.seriousskincare.com/product_p/oohairmask.htm) and let it sit for about an hour, and I don't notice much difference. My hair is a little softer and a little less frizzy, but that's it. Maybe my hair doesn't need "intensive repair". :p

coconutinsight
June 2nd, 2014, 08:26 AM
Why do people think that dry ends always mean split ends? :confused: a friend told me today that I should go cut my hair because my ends were dry, which means I have split ends. I guess people don't think that dry ends are quickly fixed with a deep treatment or some oil (always works for me) and split ends are something completly diferent.:hmm:

prettyinpink
June 2nd, 2014, 09:14 AM
I agree with you coconutinsight!

Anyone here use regular conditioner as a leave in? If so, what do you use? I am on an herbal essences kick

Larki
June 2nd, 2014, 11:58 AM
Why do people think that dry ends always mean split ends? :confused: a friend told me today that I should go cut my hair because my ends were dry, which means I have split ends. I guess people don't think that dry ends are quickly fixed with a deep treatment or some oil (always works for me) and split ends are something completly diferent.:hmm:
Yes, my mom does this to me every time I have my hair braided. "Oh my gosh, all your ends are split, look!!" >_< No, they're not! Apparently a little dryness + uneven length strands = ALL SPLIT ENDS.

prettyinpink, I used regular conditioner as a leave-in for a few weeks! It worked great. Can't do it anymore because I had to throw my S&C away before I moved back home, they were leaking. :(

54chevy
June 2nd, 2014, 03:45 PM
I know its finally summer weather because my coconut oil on my bathroom window ledge is halfway liquid.

spirals
June 2nd, 2014, 05:30 PM
Olive oil is the best quick-fix for dry ends, in my case.

Wosie
June 2nd, 2014, 05:37 PM
My hair is so frizzy with shampoo. ._. There are downright curls in the frizz! Right now I'm trying to combat the frizz with some damp bunning, but then it takes twice as long for the hair to dry. :/

Verdandi
June 3rd, 2014, 02:51 AM
My hair is getting longer every day - Yippee!!!

That's such a great way to look at it! This is what I'm going to think everytime my hair feels short now :)

I found my holy grail conditioner, but I'm allergic to it. It's just not fair! Well, atleast I have an excuse to try more different conditioners ;)

ositarosita
June 3rd, 2014, 06:26 AM
2 bottles of conditioner 1 bottle of shampoo and 2 bottles of coconut water dry oil ..... I think im set on my new product routine for a bit..
I have finished 1 bottle of shampoo 1 bottle of conditioner 1 bottle of leave in and I turned 1 deep conditioner into a prepoo so I should be finishing it up any day now .... I feel so proud

KittyBird
June 3rd, 2014, 07:02 AM
I agree with you coconutinsight!

Anyone here use regular conditioner as a leave in? If so, what do you use? I am on an herbal essences kick
I do! I use a cheap coney conditioner on my hair after I'm done washing, it does the trick for me. I use Nightblooming's Panacea on dry hair :)

Fericera
June 3rd, 2014, 08:19 AM
I dunno, but don't you wish if you could tell your body not to bother growing leg hair and pull all it's effort into head hair? I've wished that a lot lol. If I could make that wish, it'd probably backfire and I would end up with a beard or something though :/

That's funny. Just the other night I was trying to think of how I would word a wish to get longer hair with no bad side effects. It's good be be prepared just in case a magical genie pops up y'know. :)

My hair thought for the day is happiness that I can get my hair into a ponytail, and frustration that my bangs and top layers still hang out. If I clip them back it look poufy, soft, and pretty, but I have to be super careful to avoid damage from the snappy clips.

TrapperCreekD
June 3rd, 2014, 03:56 PM
Picked up some Aussie Moist condish to try - really loving the coconut scent! Haven't run a comb through it yet, but my hair seems okay with/indifferent to cones (amodimethicone & bis-aminopropyl dimethicone) so far...

prettyinpink
June 3rd, 2014, 09:48 PM
I love aussie moist. It looks like we have the same hair in different colors (: Im glad it works for you too. Amodimethicone and bis aminopropyl dimethicone dosent tend to build up, so i they are the only cones i use (:

Velvetbyrd
June 4th, 2014, 06:42 AM
I buy my shampoo bar at a old fashioned hardware. My best buddy thinks I'm crazy. Husband thinks I'm crazy.

I love being crazy. And so dose my feral child hair.:joy:

spirals
June 4th, 2014, 08:58 AM
Maybe waist is my terminal length. It's been at waist for at least a year.

ositarosita
June 4th, 2014, 10:00 AM
I'm sitting here with a protein pre poo .... going to let it sit and work in for about an hour ... CO wash it out then apply my leave in ... I haven't done a pre poo in about a year so I shall see if my hair likes it.

spirals
June 4th, 2014, 05:13 PM
I still have the french braids I slept in last night...that I wore all yesterday afternoon. They're still ok, even though regular braids disintegrate overnight. French hold better, I guess. I'm itching--literally--to take them out and brush, though.

Kina
June 4th, 2014, 07:26 PM
I miss my bangs :(

Larki
June 4th, 2014, 07:33 PM
I found a spare BBB around the house! Score! I love how they feel on my scalp, they don't hurt/scratch. :) We'll see if it does anything for my hair!

jacqueline101
June 4th, 2014, 10:37 PM
My random thought my hair growth is in over drive it's itching. No bugs we had head checks at work.

TrapperCreekD
June 5th, 2014, 07:58 PM
Apparently being lazy and suddenly adding a couple extra days before washing makes me shed a ton! :bigeyes:

Stray_mind
June 6th, 2014, 03:21 AM
My hair is so soft that when I have it down, I can barely feel it touching my neck... It has never been so soft. I'm definitely buying that silk protein conditioner again.

jacqueline101
June 6th, 2014, 06:15 AM
Took my hair down last night to detangle and found a ton of flakes. I was shocked that I had dandruff. Maybe I'm right my hair is growing.

Sunny_side_up
June 6th, 2014, 07:31 AM
Been a year since I used the box dye on my hair and see the noticeable colour difference in colour with my virgin growth with a couple more greys( that my dad likes to point out :p )and thankfully not much of a change in texture(also no splits) between new and older hair. Pretty much my usual growth of 6 inches with a smaller amount of longer growth sections. Haven't trimmed in over 4months and seeing if I can go for more growth before any trim. :)

Crumpet
June 6th, 2014, 12:02 PM
The new guy I've been seeing complemented me on my natural hair color. Some of my friends have suggested highlights, which I did lazily for a few years (and still regret!). I was pretty excited that he likes my hair as-is. Also, he likes it up and down, which is great because I almost always wear my hair up and he doesn't mind!

ExpectoPatronum
June 6th, 2014, 12:14 PM
I got a trim today and she straightened my hair.. it feels so weird.

My mom straightened my hair last week and I thought it felt weird too! Amazing how our perceptions change when we take care of our hair differently. Straightened hair used to feel "normal" to me!

I've been using less product and oil on my hair and as a result, my hair feels very soft and is behaving quite nicely! Now if only it would pick up its growing pace...

Nadine <3
June 6th, 2014, 12:39 PM
I've been busy with other things and didn't pay attention to my hair for about a month. I just noticed today that it looks and feels longer.

Jennah
June 6th, 2014, 01:33 PM
I finally found some coconut oil in my country! I could not believe it!!!!! :violin:

I found it in one of those super natural stores where they sell goji berries, quinoa, chia seeds, etc. And voila! They actually happened to have organic, cold pressed, virigin cononut oil, originally imported from Sri Lanka. Bless them!

It was really expensive though, like 20 dollars a jar....I right away put it in my hair and it felt amaaaaazing!!!!! Now I finally know what you guys are talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :inlove:

But....but.....:alien:...I have a problem! I canīt stop eating the darn thing!!!! :ale: Is like, every time I grab some to put on my hair I eat twice more of that I put and Iīm almost half down that jar! I find it the most delicious thing ever!!!!

I donīt know........Does anybody else have that problem??? Or the oil I found is just too good????

Nadine <3
June 6th, 2014, 04:30 PM
I finally found some coconut oil in my country! I could not believe it!!!!! :violin:

I found it in one of those super natural stores where they sell goji berries, quinoa, chia seeds, etc. And voila! They actually happened to have organic, cold pressed, virigin cononut oil, originally imported from Sri Lanka. Bless them!

It was really expensive though, like 20 dollars a jar....I right away put it in my hair and it felt amaaaaazing!!!!! Now I finally know what you guys are talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :inlove:

But....but.....:alien:...I have a problem! I canīt stop eating the darn thing!!!! :ale: Is like, every time I grab some to put on my hair I eat twice more of that I put and Iīm almost half down that jar! I find it the most delicious thing ever!!!!

I donīt know........Does anybody else have that problem??? Or the oil I found is just too good????

Nothing wrong with eating it! Feed your hair from the inside :)

StickyMane
June 6th, 2014, 05:58 PM
It's been another 5 days since I've washed my hair and my scalp has very little oil so far..I wonder how oily it will get after 15 days this time.

molljo
June 6th, 2014, 06:32 PM

It's probably not helpful to tell you it's really really good on toast for breakfast.

ARG
June 6th, 2014, 07:10 PM

I love Virgin Coconut Oil, too. It's ridiculously tasty, and amazing in fresh fruit smoothies.

Last night I took out a sample of some super coney hair serum that I was meaning to send on to my sister who uses heat daily, and thought to myself "If I put coconut oil on first, then the serum on, what's the worst that could happen?" My hair feels amazing, so slippy and its so shiny, and completely un-bun-able. :doh:

EdG
June 6th, 2014, 07:29 PM
But....but.....:alien:...I have a problem! I canīt stop eating the darn thing!!!! :ale: Is like, every time I grab some to put on my hair I eat twice more of that I put and Iīm almost half down that jar! I find it the most delicious thing ever!!!!I believe coconut oil is more often sold as a food product than a hair product. This isn't the first time that a single product can do both. :cheese:
Ed

Jennah
June 6th, 2014, 08:16 PM
Nothing wrong with eating it! Feed your hair from the inside :)

It's probably not helpful to tell you it's really really good on toast for breakfast.

I love Virgin Coconut Oil, too. It's ridiculously tasty, and amazing in fresh fruit smoothies.

I believe coconut oil is more often sold as a food product than a hair product. This isn't the first time that a single product can do both. :cheese:
Ed

You guys are killing me! :thud:

And at that price????

It doesnīt help either that my son is a health nut and was as happy as I was with the coconut oil because he says itīs the "apex" of healthy oil and even wants me to make french fries shudder: with it and not to use any other oil!!!! (and didnīt even want me to waste it on the hair).

I already bought another jar just in case, and put a separate container with it just for the hair (that I keep eating! :brickwall)

Thanks for the responses, I can see that itīs not such a rare thing though. If only didnīt taste so good...

Jennah
June 6th, 2014, 08:42 PM
Look at all the benefits I found for eating coconut oil: (article (http://authoritynutrition.com/top-10-evidence-based-health-benefits-of-coconut-oil/))

Among them: 2. Populations That Eat a LOT of Coconut Are Among The Healthiest People on The Planet

No wonder I crave it! The body knows whatīs good!!!!! :blossom:

truepeacenik
June 6th, 2014, 09:06 PM
So, you probably don't need to know it makes an awesome buttercream frosting?

Jumper
June 6th, 2014, 09:09 PM
Practiced a hairstyle last night, thought I took all the bobby pins out when I got done messing with it... When I went to braid my hair for the night I found more just chillin in there.

Apparently my hair either eats bobby pins or spits them out.

BrendaLoan
June 6th, 2014, 09:16 PM
Jennah, I share your love for coconut oil! I have a suggestion:

I've tried virgin and refined oil, and I've noticed the softness and shine of my hair is the same with both, but of course the the refined oil has no scent/flavour.
I live in South America as well and coconut oil is hard to find and expensive, so maybe you could try the refined one (cheaper) for your hair, and for stopping you from eating it? haha, and save the good one for your toast, of course ;) At least that works for me

Jennah
June 6th, 2014, 10:15 PM
Jennah, I share your love for coconut oil! I have a suggestion:

Awww... thank you so much! :flowers:

I was glad I even found the one I did so for now, I guess Iīll be fortunate I even found it and if I find the other form later on Iīll give it a shot! Thanks! I guess Iīll just save some bucks and stock up for now!

Btw, we are very much neighbors! :waving:

Nadine <3
June 6th, 2014, 10:46 PM
Did my first SMT...not sure I like how my hair feels so far. Almost to soft and foofy with...sticky ends.

ositarosita
June 7th, 2014, 10:20 AM
My hair loves organix. ..... I hAVE NEVER seen my hair this bouncy hydrated and full of life ..turns out organix is my brand .. it makes everyday a good hair day.I can't wait to try other lines like the macadamia, organ, even the lemon highlights. Feeling good ... happy hair happy self.

BrendaLoan
June 7th, 2014, 10:36 AM
Awww... thank you so much! :flowers:

I was glad I even found the one I did so for now, I guess Iīll be fortunate I even found it and if I find the other form later on Iīll give it a shot! Thanks! I guess Iīll just save some bucks and stock up for now!

Btw, we are very much neighbors! :waving:

You are welcome! Really? that's great, we could share info on where to find food for our hair haha

Jennah
June 7th, 2014, 03:45 PM
You are welcome! Really? that's great, we could share info on where to find food for our hair haha

Nah, we would have to cross the river. :wink:

jacqueline101
June 7th, 2014, 04:53 PM
I retried my lustrasilk with olive oil. This time I used it as a rinse out. I shampoo and conditioned as normal too. In my weekly pampering Aussie 3 min miracle was the last step in my care routine. My hair is almost dried and feels good not product caked like the last time I used it. My head still has the itches.
I also washed my snood, barrette, and brushes for the week.

Nadine <3
June 7th, 2014, 06:35 PM
WHOAAAA, MY BRAID TOUCHED MY SHOULDER BLADE AND I JUMPED...What the heck was that thi-oh it's my hair. LOL

SThr
June 8th, 2014, 05:13 AM
I wonder if it's a good idea to strand test henna on my pit hair...

jacqueline101
June 8th, 2014, 07:54 AM
My brother keeps asking when is my anniversary. I know I missed it for good reason I don't feel like celebrating it. I hope he forgets about it. I feel unaccomplished in my growth journey as I call it. I know it was June 3rd.

Sunny_side_up
June 8th, 2014, 12:11 PM
Gave my growing out fringe a little trim as its been unruly lately, hooray it went well. Just a few snips here and there and i blended it in with rest of my hair, while still framing the sides of my face :)

TrapperCreekD
June 8th, 2014, 12:38 PM
My hair has had more "product" in it in the last nine months than in the past 19 years...

ARG
June 8th, 2014, 12:54 PM
Finally gave in to taking prenatal vitamins, didn't want to because I can't stand fish oil, so I stopped in at my vitamin store and asked for a vegan formula. I can't wait to see what this is going to do to my new growth.

Nadine <3
June 8th, 2014, 10:17 PM
My hair hates aloe vera gel, it makes my hair feel like cotton candy.

darklyndsea
June 8th, 2014, 10:44 PM
I guess that EVOO I put in my hair overnight before I washed my hair did its job; my hair's more cooperative and less tangly than it's been in a while. I should do something fancy with my hair this week.

Jumper
June 8th, 2014, 11:34 PM
My hair has this issue with rope braids. The issue is called love. I take down a rope braid and the two strands just stay happily twisted like "This is our shape now. We love this shape. We'll just stay like this for awhile kthanks." And I try and try to gently seperate them while kindly explaining that this is NOT their shape and their shape is a little lazier and not so twisted.

And I will think I have them untwisted all the way, can't feel them anymore, and I go to just put a regular Dutch braid in my hair and find that the strands have gleefully twisted back up again.

I ended up just brushing my hair all over with a tangle teezer to get them out... I'm thinking I'll have to move wash day up so that I can have my waves and wurls back sooner.

I just had this horrible image of doing rope braids all over my head and then trying to take them down.

ETA: to clarify, I mean the two strands individually stay twisted, they don't stay twisted together in a braid.

noludoru
June 8th, 2014, 11:41 PM
I wonder if it's a good idea to strand test henna on my pit hair...

If it's the same shade as the hair on your head (mine's not at all - my head and leg hair match, and everywhere else it's almost black) go for it.

I haven't washed my hair in four weeks. It's amazing. Awesome. Full of body and curl and soft. A little bit of frizz, but not much. Everyone's been complimenting the curls.

jacqueline101
June 9th, 2014, 06:41 AM
I'm thinking of doing some new buns. I do want to try new things. I'm doing my own bun challenge. Next thought is do I need to go back to a leave in. My hair seems fine without it.

molljo
June 9th, 2014, 11:21 AM
Did my first SMT...not sure I like how my hair feels so far. Almost to soft and foofy with...sticky ends.

It sounds like you overconditioned. I would lay off a lot of moisturizing products for a bit, and maybe search the forum for tips on how to deal with it. Silver lining, though: your hair doesn't need SMTs!

ositarosita
June 9th, 2014, 05:44 PM
So just bought some of the one 'n only organ oil .... I forgot how much my hair likes a than oil ... only remembered after doing a CO wash that I had put some organ oil scalp treatment in ... I put a lot of the stuff so my hair had a nice long heavy oiling for about 3 days ... happy hair

lindsayhv
June 9th, 2014, 05:53 PM
I have a mix of honey, olive oil and conditioner on my head for bed tonight but it's already dripping down my face.

ExpectoPatronum
June 9th, 2014, 06:59 PM
I went swimming today and normally, after I swim, I wash my hair right after I get out of the pool. Today, I knew I wanted to paint my toenails before I showered so I just rinsed the chlorine water out with hose water and I've never had bouncier curls in my life! Maybe I should give WO a try...

Nadine <3
June 9th, 2014, 07:30 PM
It sounds like you overconditioned. I would lay off a lot of moisturizing products for a bit, and maybe search the forum for tips on how to deal with it. Silver lining, though: your hair doesn't need SMTs!

I was thinking the same thing...The past few days bfore this I was using just shampoo and nothing else because it was so humid that my hair was getting greasy and stringy and was doing fine with nothing but shampoo. I just got the aloe though and was excited to try it out. Going to go back to using just shampoo since my hair liked that.

Nadine <3
June 9th, 2014, 08:43 PM
Sitting with wet hair. Shampoo'd with my normal shampoo with some baking soda in it, then I did a vinegar rinse, and followed that up with VO5 condish just so I could detangle. It's still wet, but hopefully it will help...I never thought I could over condition lol

Crumpet
June 9th, 2014, 08:49 PM
Prepping my first cassia treatment (courtesy of Nightblooming). I'm super-excited! I was going to wait until tomorrow but I decided to go ahead and plop it on tonight and then try to sleep with it (yeah, we'll see how that goes...).

inanna
June 10th, 2014, 05:08 AM
Crumpet, I'm really looking forward to seeing and hearing how you get on with cassia! I'm so tempted to try it and think our hair is similar enough in texture and colour that you'll be a good benchmark for how it might or might not work for my hair. :)

I should really learn to leave the coconut oil for those whose hair likes it. I keep coming back to it after spending time on LHC but just.. nope. Every single time I put even a tiny amount on my hair, it just sits there maliciously causing problems. After coconut oil, my hair takes forever to dry and gets tangly, sticky and stringy. By the time I've washed my hair enough times to get rid of the tangles and the ickyness, I'll also have shampooed my ends enough times to completely negate any positive effects the oil might have had on their condition.

My hair was loving the DT I've been using as a leave-in a tiny smidge at a time, and then I just had to do a pre-wash oiling to ruin everything. Bah humbug!

Crumpet
June 10th, 2014, 07:40 AM
Inanna -- I'll be posting photos in the fine/thin hair thread if you're interested. I'll probably also mention how it went here. Your right -- we do have pretty similar hair types! My hair loves coconut oil though, so hmmm.

I've washed out the cassia after about 8 or more hours of letting it do its thing. I'm marinating in a deep conditioning treatment before the process is done. I'm super-excited to see how it turns out. I had a brief panic of thinking that my hair had turned golden green but then I realized that not all of the herbs were quite out, even though the serious mud was out. Phew! Green is not my best colour!

ositarosita
June 10th, 2014, 09:29 AM
My hair is loving the coconut water line from organix .... its the only coconut oil my hair likes ... I dont know why but at least I have happy hair ... macadamia, argan, almond, apricot and ( only this) coconut oil seem to be the only oils my hair likes.

jacqueline101
June 10th, 2014, 11:09 AM
My hair loves my daily oiling. I love leaving it up.

Nadine <3
June 10th, 2014, 12:55 PM
Last night's wash really helped my hair! It doesn't feel wet and sticky anymore! It's actually VERY nice, soft, silky and shiny! Yay! I got my hair back!

molljo
June 10th, 2014, 01:38 PM
I did a very stupid thing and sealed my hair with coconut oil instead of olive oil because I ran out. My hair LOVES a coconut oil prewash but once it's clean it hates it. Today is day 2 of my wash cycle and it looks like I went swimming in a vat of grease. UGGHHH. I really don't want to wash it again so soon, so up it goes. My length likes to dry out as I get further away from washing, so maybe it'll look ok in a couple days. Let this be a lesson to NEVER SEAL WITH COCONUT OIL EVER AGAIN.

iYaap
June 11th, 2014, 04:08 AM
Good to know molljo!

My random thought: Your hair is alive!

iYaap
June 11th, 2014, 04:10 AM
Good to know molljo!

My random thought: Your hair is alive!

Selkie-
June 11th, 2014, 04:41 AM
Why is my hair so difficult to French/dutch braid?? :justy:

Nadine <3
June 11th, 2014, 08:42 AM
The construction workers outside our house turned our water off AGAIN. Now I have no choice but to stretch my washes -_-

molljo
June 11th, 2014, 09:01 AM
Sorry, I meant let it be a lesson *to me*

It's not nearly as greasy today, but very heavy and very limp. I hate when I mess up my hair, I feel like I need to apologize to it and beg its forgiveness.

ositarosita
June 11th, 2014, 10:40 AM
I reached APL today ... stretched .. in front .. my FIL mentioned my hair was getting long on Monday so I thought I would check and tada. I reached APL stretched in the front not even flat ironed just loosely stretched.. today is a good day.

I wonder how long it will take me to reach BSL ....

I can't wait until these 22 months are over .. my is going to be really long and I can cut out some layers. .. my hair will be thicker and longer ... happy dance

spirals
June 11th, 2014, 11:08 AM
I put so much oil in my hair last night that it looked like the "before" picture: https://jessica731.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/dawn.jpg However, my ends look like the "after".

StickyMane
June 11th, 2014, 12:02 PM
Day 10 of not washing my hair.. it looks and feels like Day 5 or 6 though. I have yet to put any oil in it, but I will be today.

grimsqueaker
June 11th, 2014, 03:31 PM
My hair has been "Alllllllllmost long enough" for a doughnut bun for four months now and its driving me absolutely crazy!

Katyusha
June 12th, 2014, 07:56 AM
spirals that comparison made me lol like an idiot :lol: I look like this at this very moment with my coconut oil.

Larki
June 12th, 2014, 01:55 PM
:D Deep conditioning my hair! I don't really care for the scent of this one, but now I'm shopping on Etsy for better-smelling ones! Strawberry shortcake sounds delightful. Since it's on my head for an hour or two, the scent is kind of important, IMO. This one is good for taming frizz, though, even if the smell leaves something to be desired, and it's certainly not the worst-smelling one I've used. :p

And my mom bought me Clairol Shimmering Lights shampoo, does anyone know anything about it? I think I remember reading that it's a good shampoo.

Nadine <3
June 12th, 2014, 05:36 PM
My hair is being so weird! A few days ago it seemed like my hair was over moisturized. Now it feels dry. AHH! Make up your mind hair!!

spirals
June 12th, 2014, 06:31 PM
spirals that comparison made me lol like an idiot :lol: I look like this at this very moment with my coconut oil.
Half the stuff I post is for the sake of a laugh. :D

jacqueline101
June 12th, 2014, 07:39 PM
My thought is why is my hair behaving. I don't get it.

Nadine <3
June 12th, 2014, 07:58 PM
My hair is almost dry...and for the first time ine 2 weeks it doesn't look like a haystack!

ARG
June 12th, 2014, 09:36 PM
Yay Nadine!

I know, sleeping on loose hair can be damaging. I know sleeping on wet hair can be damaging. Yet I do it every time I wash my hair. So this time I decided to use a bun former and my fingers are crossed that everything goes well... What's the worst that can happen?

RainbowBowser
June 12th, 2014, 10:22 PM
I hate when I try to schedule my washes and I gotta do one early because of hairspray... or I can wait to do a clarify+smt... but ew.. leaving it with product. The problem of my laziness DX

ositarosita
June 12th, 2014, 10:24 PM
Bought more conditioner today ... made my DH laugh. "Hey Baby just give me a sec I want to LOOK at what's in the hair care aisle. Just a quick walk threw" later to be followed by my DH saying "just pick one " Me " no Baby can't afford it right now" ... DH " its okay just pick one" ... Me " OK!!!! Help me decide" DH " really didn't have to twist your arm on that one ha ha ha"

Sarahlabyrinth
June 12th, 2014, 10:43 PM
I stop whilst in the shop to browse in the hair care aisle - SO says to me "Ok, so I'll come back and pick you up in a couple of hours then, shall I?"

martyna_22
June 13th, 2014, 03:08 PM
I think I'm going to use heat on my hair next week.. probably some hot (ugh, I hate this word) rollers. It'll be my.. 2nd time this year?
It's going to be *just this once* and I'm going to do a henna gloss before, and all.. is it normal for me to feel this guilty?

jacqueline101
June 13th, 2014, 04:39 PM
I'm glad my hair is behaving Damien has kept me going.

TrapperCreekD
June 13th, 2014, 05:45 PM
Totally TMI hair thought:

Ever since hitting hip length, I've quit getting those annoying butt crack hairs with every wash. :tmi:

Jumper
June 13th, 2014, 07:24 PM
Hair looked fantastic today...

Have come to the conclusion that there is no way to make it look this good every day.

ositarosita
June 13th, 2014, 07:37 PM
Conditioner is my vice ... I don't smoke, drink, eat meat, dairy , animal by products, chocolate or junk food ... what makes me feel good is eating all fruit I can and buying conditioner ... that is all

Completely forgot ...tomorrow is Saturday which means hair spa day

GrowingOut
June 13th, 2014, 08:14 PM
I made a slightly fancy style to wear to How To Train Your Dragon 2, and realized that within two years I'd have the hair of [spoiler censored], including the color and thickness!

Nadine <3
June 13th, 2014, 08:32 PM
YYYYAAAAAAY, it seems I've been able to fix my hair disaster! Not using aloe again...I'll use what I bought for my skin instead. My hair looked really good today. Now it's in braids and I noticed they're longer! :)

Duchess Fuzzy Buns
June 13th, 2014, 08:42 PM
I know the butt crack hairs all too well. :rant: Glad to know there may be an end to them one day.

Totally TMI hair thought:

Ever since hitting hip length, I've quit getting those annoying butt crack hairs with every wash. :tmi:

jacqueline101
June 14th, 2014, 05:44 AM
Today is pamper me day as Damien puts it. It's hair pampering. Cholesterol treatment, deep conditioner, shampoo and conditioner. I love pampering my hair.

Jumper
June 14th, 2014, 10:29 AM
I quit using shampoo bars so I used my butter conditioner bar to wash my face and I stopped having breakouts and it was wonderful. I ran out and now my face is breaking out again and regular face washes just make it worse. Looks like I'll be ordering another full size bar just to keep washing my face.

ositarosita
June 14th, 2014, 10:48 AM
Sitting here with my DC in watching Pretty Woman eating PB&J spending some quality time with my puppy Roscoe.. I MUST DC every week otherwise my hair is not going to reach its full potential ( growth and health). Why us it do hard for me to get off my bum and DC???? ... I have also decided to only shampoo when I DC every other wash will either be CO wash or WO

molljo
June 14th, 2014, 10:58 AM
So, just for kicks I measured the spaces between my body markers to estimate how long it'll take to reach my goal. Every marker is 6 inches apart! That's bonkers! I didn't know my torso was so... symmetrical (lol)? If I leave room for trims, and my growth rate is average, I'll be looking at hitting waist around the end of 2017, give or take a few months. It feels both good and frustrating to put a date on it. I know it won't take forever, but 3 1/2 years is a long time!

ositarosita
June 14th, 2014, 12:01 PM
So, just for kicks I measured the spaces between my body markers to estimate how long it'll take to reach my goal. Every marker is 6 inches apart! That's bonkers! I didn't know my torso was so... symmetrical (lol)? If I leave room for trims, and my growth rate is average, I'll be looking at hitting waist around the end of 2017, give or take a few months. It feels both good and frustrating to put a date on it. I know it won't take forever, but 3 1/2 years is a long time!

I just did that yesterday .... I'm not symmetrical at all ... I have about 2 years until I hit hip ... hoping to reach it by may 2016

battles
June 14th, 2014, 01:52 PM
Having the urge to cut it off again. I'm waiting two days and then making an appointment.

Mowle
June 15th, 2014, 11:44 AM
I had a very strange thought the other night - well more of a dream really, it was one of those bizarre things your brain comes up with in the moment just before you fall asleep - what if hair was prehensile? If you could move it around without using your hands and feel things with it... Imagine all the complicated updos you could do! I hope my odd little head isn't too strange even for here! :crazyq: :p

jacqueline101
June 15th, 2014, 01:02 PM
My thought for today is my hair is feeling soft today. It's not been soft in months.

ositarosita
June 15th, 2014, 02:41 PM
10 months until I reach BSL and about 16 months until I hit MBL ... not to shabby

battles
June 15th, 2014, 02:56 PM
I might actually hit APL by December - January? What is this insanity? If I keep up with the 1" a month growth I'll be well past it.

Larki
June 15th, 2014, 03:11 PM
I might actually hit APL by December - January? What is this insanity? If I keep up with the 1" a month growth I'll be well past it.

WOW, keep doing whatever you're doing!

Larki
June 15th, 2014, 03:15 PM
Oops, accidental double post.

Nadine <3
June 15th, 2014, 04:30 PM
I washed my hair 6 hours ago...It's still wet because it's so humid. Gross...

Sarahlabyrinth
June 16th, 2014, 04:16 AM
I just drew up a hair growth chart for myself and if my hair grows the average of half an inch a month I will reach Classic in March 2016 :( - that is if I don't trim between now and then.

Now I have to figure out how to speed up the process so I can get there in 2015 sometime ..... grow, hair, grow!

jacqueline101
June 16th, 2014, 05:25 AM
Why does everyone want a current length shot of my hair?

Bitstuff
June 16th, 2014, 09:42 AM
I had a very strange thought the other night - well more of a dream really, it was one of those bizarre things your brain comes up with in the moment just before you fall asleep - what if hair was prehensile? If you could move it around without using your hands and feel things with it... Imagine all the complicated updos you could do! I hope my odd little head isn't too strange even for here! :crazyq: :p

Haha! I'm going to gross you out now but there was a horror film, a short, where a man got a hair transplant. It was all fab and long and lovely at first but a few days later it turned out that the "hair" was actually...worms. Alive! I can't remember what they did but I'm sure it was appropriately horrifying.

Nadine <3
June 16th, 2014, 11:20 AM
Haha! I'm going to gross you out now but there was a horror film, a short, where a man got a hair transplant. It was all fab and long and lovely at first but a few days later it turned out that the "hair" was actually...worms. Alive! I can't remember what they did but I'm sure it was appropriately horrifying.

Hahaha, I want to see that now...sounds...interesting. Very Medusa like!

queenovnight
June 16th, 2014, 11:51 AM
What exactly is so appealing about hair? It's just dead stuff, hanging around and stuff... hm, and yet.. it's so pretty. I don't get it. What makes us find it so attractive? - I'm meaninglessly rambling to myself.

Nadine <3
June 16th, 2014, 11:53 AM
I wonder if my hair likes this cheesecake I'm eating...

ositarosita
June 16th, 2014, 01:25 PM
Today was CO wash day with a new conditioner ... I hope it turns out well

ositarosita
June 16th, 2014, 09:48 PM
I FINALLY understand my hair .
. I am 3a but because my hair is F/M ( more on the fine side) that my hair can lose its curly incredibly fast. It gets weighed down quickly and likes to be washed ... it doesn't require shampoo but does like it occasionally. I finally get it

Jumper
June 16th, 2014, 11:55 PM
Favorite comment at work today... I guess we have important visitors coming Friday.

"Look nice on Friday! You should wear your jacket. And have your mermaid hair down!"

I don't mind wearing my hair down but to have full on "mermaid" hair (freshly curly/wavy) I'll have to wash it the night before which is a few days earlier than usual...

Ask and ye shall receive, however! They crack me up with their hair comments, since it's all very good natured. The only one who ever asked if I was going to donate it said "Good, it's not worth it." when I said no. Maybe we're all a little too close at work? Hahaha.

lindsayhv
June 18th, 2014, 05:49 AM
Two conclusions I've drawn from last night'a cassia application:
1. I can not and never will rock dreads.
2. One package is not nearly enough cassia, even with all the stuff I added to it.

jacqueline101
June 18th, 2014, 10:52 AM
I keep wondering if my hair would taste like my hair oils they smell great.

CousinItt
June 18th, 2014, 10:58 AM
I keep wondering if my hair would taste like my hair oils they smell great.
I get that idea especially with macadamia nut and coconut oils. My husband assures me my hair is not as pleasant to eat as the smell suggests.

martyna_22
June 18th, 2014, 11:24 AM
Huh. Henna actually made my hair curl-resistant.. I used hot rollers *I know, I know, but I had to be sure my hair would look nice today, and I vow to do it no sooner than next year at most*, and even used hairspray to keep the curls the way they were.. but after an hour they were just really loose waves. But looked nice anyway :)

Nadine <3
June 18th, 2014, 11:27 AM
My hair feel short today. It's the same length it was yesterday...but it's not long enough! Even though I have the longest hair in the house...

molljo
June 18th, 2014, 11:52 AM
Trying cowashing today because I'm out of shampoo. When I tried it several years ago, it made me shed pretty bad, but hopefully just this once I'll be ok.

LMB
June 18th, 2014, 12:04 PM
Fly out to the States to vacation with family tomorrow.

Have already paid for my second bag coming back as I know that I will go crazy buying products/hair toys that I can't get/are harder to get here in the UK! :D

ositarosita
June 18th, 2014, 09:01 PM
I forgot how much my hair likes to be oiled for days on end ... I oiled my scalp 2 night ago while my hair already had an oil mixture on it ... left it until today .. my hair just finished drying and MY GOODNESS I forgot my hair is this soft ... and its so mouturised to boot .. drfinutly happy

ARG
June 18th, 2014, 09:06 PM
I'm hoping that my new mister mix won't make my hair wacky tomorrow. And I put my hair in rope braids, hoping for some idea of wave/curls.

Experimenting on hair is fun, its just tedious with all the waiting for drying and seeing what my scalp will do...

Velvetbyrd
June 19th, 2014, 05:13 AM
Today I have the need to wash itches. Tomorrow night I wash ahhhhhh!
Hair look great but why dose my head alwasys get itchy before wash day.:justy:

That's my just woke up random thought.

Shock and D'aww
June 19th, 2014, 05:32 AM
Maybe TMI

My brother sometimes says he found one of my hairs in his sock again. :( I don't think I even want to know how they get there... :shrug:

ositarosita
June 19th, 2014, 09:17 AM
Oiled my scalp last night and will oil again right now ... I really need to have a happy scalp

Undomiel
June 19th, 2014, 10:05 AM
I always feel like I'm on some tropical vacation when I'm oiling my hair into braids with coconut oil at night :) love the smell. My BF this time watched how I did it and said, "Can you eat that?". I said, "Well yeah, it's meant for cooking but it's an oil so I don't recomm-" *BF grabs a bit glob of coconut oil and eats it right in front of me lol* Tasted horrible apparently as he said "Not quite good as coconut milk..." - no kidding, it's OIL haha!

jacqueline101
June 19th, 2014, 11:48 AM
Damien was telling Easter the bunny about hair care. Then he told her proper food and oils makes it grow.

molljo
June 19th, 2014, 02:51 PM
I'm getting a trim tomorrow. It's my first trim in a salon in YEARS. I'm very nervous. My hair is very uneven and wonky from my pixie layers, but I'm going to get long blended layers because my wave pattern looks like garbage blunt. REALLY hope he doesn't cut it too short, but it'll be so nice to have fresh ends.

dreamingstar
June 19th, 2014, 03:04 PM
I'm almost at hip length! I'm already planning when I get to tailbone length to cut back about 2 to 3 inches just to freshen up the ends. I guess that'll make a good Christmas present to myself if I'm there by that time. Fingers crossed!

skeletonous
June 19th, 2014, 03:32 PM
I'm basically living in bandannas right now, I like that I can have it as a backup plan if I don't like how my hair is acting a certain day :p but I also want to be able to at least put my hair in a bun. It'll get there eventually~!

Platzhalter
June 19th, 2014, 04:03 PM
I actually prefer my hair when I didn't wash it for a week. It doesn't even smell. What is over-cleaned hair that just looks fuzzy and unhealthy even good for? Should have thought like that earlier.:rolleyes:

Nadine <3
June 19th, 2014, 08:10 PM
Rubbed some coconut oil on my length and put it in a bun and rubbed some shampoo into my greasy bangs and by my ears. Hopped in the shower, wet it and scrubbed. Looks nice now, clean but not freshly frizzy clean. I dig it.

RainbowBowser
June 19th, 2014, 11:46 PM
I noticed a friend of mine had her hair near hip length based on the ponytail position + length. Its so beautiful *_* and I'm beginning to notice my flexi8s are getting slightly tougher to use.. perhaps I'm outgrowing them.

woodswanderer
June 20th, 2014, 12:18 AM
I've been wondering why I have been overdoing it with the leave in coconut oil lately because it seemed like the same amount of coconut oil as usual. Then....it dawned on me. I was putting wintertime amounts on. D'oh!:doh:

Stray_mind
June 20th, 2014, 12:57 AM
I'm shedding like crazy these days... :( I wonder if it's because of the stress i put on myself with my work... Haven't gotten enough sleep and food lately...

Shock and D'aww
June 20th, 2014, 04:14 AM
On a lark I oiled the end of my hair after my previous wash and ended up with waves only on that part. It looked kind of funny, but they wouldn't come out! :confused:
I did bun it but they were not bun waves.

LongHairLesbian
June 20th, 2014, 10:22 AM
This sounds a bit terrible, but does anyone else HATE the process of washing their hair? I'm currently washing my hair every third or forth day, and when wash day rolls around, I dread it. My routine isn't super intensive; a light pre-oiling, then shampoo, conditioner, t-shirt dry, spray leave in conditioner, finger detangle, then bun/braid. The whole process takes about 30-40 minutes, and it's taken longer in the past when I used to use heat and didn't know how to minimize tangles. But for some reason, I have the most intense "ain't NOBODY got time for that!" attitude when it comes to hair washing. I don't know how daily washers do it, because I'm over here trying to stretch my washes as far as I (reasonably) can.

Larki
June 20th, 2014, 10:47 AM
This sounds a bit terrible, but does anyone else HATE the process of washing their hair? I'm currently washing my hair every third or forth day, and when wash day rolls around, I dread it. My routine isn't super intensive; a light pre-oiling, then shampoo, conditioner, t-shirt dry, spray leave in conditioner, finger detangle, then bun/braid. The whole process takes about 30-40 minutes, and it's taken longer in the past when I used to use heat and didn't know how to minimize tangles. But for some reason, I have the most intense "ain't NOBODY got time for that!" attitude when it comes to hair washing. I don't know how daily washers do it, because I'm over here trying to stretch my washes as far as I (reasonably) can.
Nope! I don't mind washing my hair at all! Probably why I wash it every other day.

ositarosita
June 20th, 2014, 12:14 PM

When I first started to yeah .. but now I've minimized it even more so there's no hassle ... I CO was when needed shampoo only DC day ( Saturday) .. I don't detangle/ brush/ comb .. apply my leave in and let my hair air dry .. the less I do the happier I am

Nadine <3
June 20th, 2014, 12:22 PM
I'm wearing my hair in a pony tail today. I know it's bad for it, but I wanted to so bad so I did.

I went on Facebook and made a status that says "wearing my hair in a pony tail woo #yolo" (all ironically mind you, I don't do the yolo thing lol) and NOBODY got it.

I knew you guys would understand lol

molljo
June 20th, 2014, 01:17 PM
I got my hair cut! It looks really good and he didn't take too much off!! I was sooo worried I'd have to change my marker length, but I'm still solidly at shoulder! It has a shape now, instead of just a poofy mess. I LOVE this man, and I already made an appointment for December, lol. He knows about me growing it out, and he seemed pretty supportive! YAY! SO HAPPY!

spirals
June 20th, 2014, 02:25 PM
This sounds a bit terrible, but does anyone else HATE the process of washing their hair? washing.... I don't know how daily washers do it, because I'm over here trying to stretch my washes as far as I (reasonably) can.I hate how it dries curly and all tangly, no matter what. It's not the washing, but the waiting for it to dry and the detangling and the subsequent putting it up.

martyna_22
June 20th, 2014, 02:27 PM
Lol, I changed my facebook profile pic, as it was long overdue, and chose one that my hair didn't really look good on. Yet my friend still told me my hair was awesome and she's not into hair at all, which I consider a win :D

skeletonous
June 20th, 2014, 02:47 PM
I wonder which is better to use as a treatment before shampoo after stretching washes, coconut oil or olive oil?

battles
June 20th, 2014, 05:15 PM
My hair has started swishing back and forth on my shoulders when I run. It's a nice feeling, knowing that it's getting longer.

jacqueline101
June 20th, 2014, 07:58 PM
My hair seems to be getting attention from people. I let it down to detangle and it's feeling longer. I'm happy.

woodswanderer
June 20th, 2014, 09:10 PM
Yeah, I hate washing my hair. I'm lazy. I wash it twice a week but I don't look forward to it ever!

woodswanderer
June 20th, 2014, 09:12 PM
jacqueline101, good for you! Glad you are enjoying your progress.

Larki
June 20th, 2014, 10:36 PM
I'm trying to learn the five-strand braid and I'm so frustrated! My hair keeps undoing itself while I'm braiding!

Jumper
June 20th, 2014, 10:38 PM
I want to start wearing my hair actually up every day but between my thick hair and layers I can only do a basic bun and I get bored and lazy and just leave it down... I can do just a basic bun where you twist the hair around, and very low on my head I can sort of do a lazy wrap bun but it looks insane with layer ends sticking all out of it. I can't do a disc bun because at waist it's still too short... I broke a couple cheap sticks trying to get a disc bun to hold.

I can't wait for these layers to grow out. It'll only take what, two years?

Plus I don't always wear it up because it always seems like such a shame to waste my curl after wash night. I hate tying that fabulous mess back in any way.

Katyusha
June 21st, 2014, 05:39 AM
I have just tried making this DIY dry shampoo that BrendaLoan shared in another thread. (You can watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktuwi8jlm2A ). I used baby powder before but it left looking my hair gray, because I have brown hair. Cornstarch and cocoa makes perfect shade of brown and it smells amazing! I also added few drops of vanilla scent. It so yummy :happydance:

ProverbsGirl
June 21st, 2014, 07:36 AM
I had to go to a hairstylist to get my bangs fixed last week. I trim tyem myself but they tend to get a bit out of hand from time to time..so I go about twice a year to get it fixed.
While there I had her look at my ends. She claimed it needs 1.5 Inches taken off. I don't think it needs that much removed. I told her I would call her after vacation. But I do not want to see her. I will go to my other Lady. The other girl does exactly what I ask...and is not scissor happy.
Any who with that in mind..I have been thinking about my hair this week.
Last night I had a horrible dream about seeing someone to cut my hair..and It was not good at all. I told her half an inch and she cut almost two inches. I kept saying the whole time I wanted this much (and showed her with my fingers) and she would say 'oOK' and just kept hacking. *Gah!*
By the time she finished BSL length was chin length. *sigh*
Thank goodness it was a dream.
Now I'm sitting here sipping coffee and considering looking into trimming my own hair. *facepalmface palm*

Katyusha
June 21st, 2014, 08:55 AM
ProverbsGirl I was talking to my friend who is a hairdresser. She told me that hairdressers usually want to trim more than needed for them to make a better hairstyle shape. She says she never cuts off more than the client wishes, or else she explains if hair is damaged and needs to be cut more. She said it's more difficult to make hairstyle even, but not impossible. So I'd say your hair is not so damaged, she just doesn't want to put too much effort in your haircut. It's sad but that's why hairdressers tend to cut too much :mad:

ositarosita
June 21st, 2014, 08:58 AM
Dreamt I was Repunzel last night ... not going to lie the length scared me ... terminal not for me ... definitely stopping at BCL

Sunny_side_up
June 21st, 2014, 08:59 AM
Getting more and more conscious of my dryer dyed ends and uneven hem. Feel a summer trim coming up :)

skeletonous
June 21st, 2014, 09:03 AM
Loving how my hair looks today after switching to Organix coconut shampoo; also did a coconut oil pre-poo treatmest last night :o yey!

jacqueline101
June 21st, 2014, 10:10 AM
jacqueline101, good for you! Glad you are enjoying your progress.

Thank you.

ositarosita
June 21st, 2014, 10:54 AM
Loving how my hair looks today after switching to Organix coconut shampoo; also did a coconut oil pre-poo treatmest last night :o yey!

I'm with you on the Organix Coconut shampoo ( coconut water for me) ... Organix ricks my hairs socks off

skeletonous
June 21st, 2014, 11:26 AM
I'm with you on the Organix Coconut shampoo ( coconut water for me) ... Organix ricks my hairs socks off

I haven't tried coconut water for my hair, does it do something similar?

ositarosita
June 21st, 2014, 11:44 AM
I haven't tried coconut water for my hair, does it do something similar?

Its incredibly moisturisibg and light weight .... I can detangle with the shampoo in my hair.

I'm currently in the process of collecting Organix products .. they just seem to be the best for my hair

My husband loves it because for gifts all he has to do is ho to the haircare aisle and pick up some Organix ( the vegan, gluten free collections) ... same goes for my parents lol Organix not jewellery lol

skeletonous
June 21st, 2014, 11:57 AM
Its incredibly moisturisibg and light weight .... I can detangle with the shampoo in my hair.

I'm currently in the process of collecting Organix products .. they just seem to be the best for my hair

My husband loves it because for gifts all he has to do is ho to the haircare aisle and pick up some Organix ( the vegan, gluten free collections) ... same goes for my parents lol Organix not jewellery lol

I'll grab some next time I go to the store, sounds like something I should try :)

I was lucky that the store I got my shampoo from had a sale where you basically got two bottles worth for a little over 5 dollars; I would have bought more but I wanted to make sure I liked it. Glad I do!

Also I'm sure he does :laugh: I feel like my Mom and boyfriend are going to feel the same way! Until I'm able to wear hairforks that is :p even so there's some that I already have on my wishlist lol.

ositarosita
June 21st, 2014, 12:06 PM
I'll grab some next time I go to the store, sounds like something I should try :)

I was lucky that the store I got my shampoo from had a sale where you basically got two bottles worth for a little over 5 dollars; I would have bought more but I wanted to make sure I liked it. Glad I do!

Also I'm sure he does :laugh: I feel like my Mom and boyfriend are going to feel the same way! Until I'm able to wear hairforks that is :p even so there's some that I already have on my wishlist lol.

The cherry blossom is awesome, coconut water conditioner and the spray oil awesome... my plan is to attack the macadamia, sea minerals, argan oil, kukui oil, awapui ginger and lrmon highlights lines lol.

I'm switching everything to Organix

Apparently it makes life easier for them lol my Mother already has a Christmas list for me lol

I can't do hair toys ... my hair either spits them out or breaks them lol

martyna_22
June 21st, 2014, 12:19 PM
^ Wow, I wish I could benefit from Organix... But I just got horrible dandruff after each time I used it (only several times)... I'm glad, though, that I have something else that doesn't irritate my scalp as much as pretty much every shampoo ever created...

ositarosita
June 21st, 2014, 12:27 PM
^ Wow, I wish I could benefit from Organix... But I just got horrible dandruff after each time I used it (only several times)... I'm glad, though, that I have something else that doesn't irritate my scalp as much as pretty much every shampoo ever created...

The first time I used it (5 years ago) it didn't work for me. I had tried the coconut milk, pomegranate, guava, and one more I can't remember ... none of them worked but for some reason now its magic for my hair.

skeletonous
June 21st, 2014, 12:39 PM
The cherry blossom is awesome, coconut water conditioner and the spray oil awesome... my plan is to attack the macadamia, sea minerals, argan oil, kukui oil, awapui ginger and lrmon highlights lines lol.

I'm switching everything to Organix

Apparently it makes life easier for them lol my Mother already has a Christmas list for me lol

I can't do hair toys ... my hair either spits them out or breaks them lol

I'll have to keep those in mind :D hopefully all those lines will work for you too! Also your hair sounds something like a wild pony, beautiful but can't always be tamed (when it comes to hair toys at least ;) )

ositarosita
June 21st, 2014, 12:55 PM
I'll have to keep those in mind :D hopefully all those lines will work for you too! Also your hair sounds something like a wild pony, beautiful but can't always be tamed (when it comes to hair toys at least ;) )

Thank you I've never thought of my hair that way ... I always referred to my hair as the kraken because i dont let it down at the end of the day i release it lol

skeletonous
June 21st, 2014, 01:07 PM
Thank you I've never thought of my hair that way ... I always referred to my hair as the kraken because i dont let it down at the end of the day i release it lol
You're quite welcome :) and that's hilarious!

spirals
June 21st, 2014, 01:08 PM
Getting more and more conscious of my dryer dyed ends and uneven hem. Feel a summer trim coming up :)Me, too! I don't think I'd mind losing an inch. I do need to do a thorough S & D before taking the plunge. If that helps I won't need to lose any length.

woodswanderer
June 21st, 2014, 08:09 PM
I saw a lady at the local farmers market who was selling fancy wood pens, cutting boards, just all kinds of stuff out of exotic wood, dymondwood, acrylic, etc. I asked her if she ever thought of making hairsticks. She looked at me like I was from outer space! She had never heard of them and she didn't act like she cared to learn, so I just dropped it. Too bad, I would have bought them, and there are quite a few people in my area who grow long hair for religious reasons.

ositarosita
June 21st, 2014, 08:30 PM
So here's the problem I want to flat iron my hair but I know if I do I will end up trimming ( get rid of layers) BUT I'm currently doing a personal 25 month no scissors challenge. So flat iron and risk hating how it looks and up trimming or wait until May 7 the 2016

woodswanderer
June 21st, 2014, 08:49 PM
I would think probably go 25 months without trimming or forget the no trim challenge and just flat iron. I feel like the two put together will end up with a lot of damage, but maybe you have resilient hair.

ositarosita
June 21st, 2014, 09:04 PM
I gave in AND ... no urge to trim no need for scissors my hair looks AMAZING my layers look FANTASTIC .... and I can finally see my growth ....I don't feel like my length is stuck anymore .... I HONESTLY COULDNT BE HAPPIER

Note to self ...make sure to thoroughly wash my hair before my next flat iron .... curly hair is forgiving when it comes to missed patches during wash day straight hair not so much lol

Jumper
June 21st, 2014, 09:11 PM
I am well aware that I need a trim and would be irritated if a hairdresser took it upon themselves to trim off all of my damage because it was damaged. It's probably a good four to six inches that need to go and there's no way I'm doing that all at once. Well, if we're honest, since I only recently quit brushing it and putting it in a ponytail every day I basically need to grow a whole new head of hair (heat or no heat, ripping a brush through it with no care multiple times a day for years will do damage throughout it) but the ends are, of course, the worst.

My boss has fairly long hair and was complaining that she needs a trim and her hair just snaps off at the end and I absentmindedly answered "It's because you curl it every day. It won't get much longer if you keep doing that."

SThr
June 22nd, 2014, 12:26 AM
I trimmed Boy's hair tonight, he's just past waist now!
I keep wondering how I ever dealt with having long hair without knowing how to bun or use a tangle teaser. It's just so much easier now!

battles
June 22nd, 2014, 08:24 AM
After I had my last trim, my stylist asked if I wanted to try straightening my hair once since I'd never done it before. I figured one time wouldn't kill me and she was pretty careful and it looked really gorgeous after, but I noticed white dots basically right after I washed again.. I guess I'm just one of those people who can't do it at all.

ositarosita
June 22nd, 2014, 09:37 AM
Have to admit after flat ironing my hair it felt weird to feel hair between my shoulder blades

Wosie
June 22nd, 2014, 10:31 AM
My scalp's health is terrible at the mo'. :sad Basically, the whole top of my head is covered in weeping wounds. It won't be fun to wash it today. ;~;

coconutinsight
June 22nd, 2014, 11:06 AM
My hair is the longest it's ever been but the more it grows I keep thinking it's still very short :confused: LHC keeps making me change my goals :suspect:

woodswanderer
June 22nd, 2014, 11:56 AM
It is a documented LHC phenomenon.;)

martyna_22
June 22nd, 2014, 01:32 PM
I feel like another henna treatment... but I'm seriously afraid I'll end up with burgundy hair, and I'm a fan of the coppery orange sheen... I guess I have to wait, and all I get is a gloss when the time is right...
Is it weird that I LOVE preparing the mud, and keeping it on, and anticipating... Heck, I even love the smell! I was born to be a hennahead :D

Nesoi
June 22nd, 2014, 01:55 PM
Took a pic for another thread today and it was like looking at the back of someone else's head. I'm really happy that my hair apparently IS growing, but why does it still feel like it's chin length when it's clearly about an inch from APL? LHC messes with your mind ;)

merrow
June 22nd, 2014, 06:03 PM
I have days when I imagine for long periods of time what it would be like to finally have long hair, and then I think about how long it will take to grow out, and then I get sad because my hair is just above shoulder length. :P

Jumper
June 22nd, 2014, 06:30 PM
Finally bought a jar of coconut oil and tried some on my hair. It's fantastic! I see why it is so often recommended.

rawhair21
June 22nd, 2014, 07:00 PM
Wondering if I could curl my hair with sponge curlers?

skeletonous
June 22nd, 2014, 07:43 PM
I just hairtyped my boyfriend today :lol: the obsession has begun!

Sharysa
June 22nd, 2014, 10:11 PM
I need to get Astrid and Valka's hairstyles from How to Train Your Dragon 2. I know Valka's hair LENGTH is well past hip and it's probably in three(!!!) braids, but she either wears heavy armor or she's on a dragon and flying.

Edit: Valka's hair is mid-THIGH length in three braids. Time to google concept sketches and screenshots to figure out her hair, whoo!

Platzhalter
June 23rd, 2014, 12:57 AM
Swimming isn't good for my hair - even if I wash it afterwards, there's still the horible water and no chance to rinse it in the end. Should get a swimming cap...

RainbowBowser
June 23rd, 2014, 01:55 AM
I've made a mental pact not to go shorter than collarbone. Any shorter just does not suit my face. Let the longhair battle continue!

Dreams_in_Pink
June 23rd, 2014, 02:46 AM
I really really reeaaallllyyyyy need to henna my hair right now. Washing with a non-SLS shampoo made my hair very brittle and squeaky, i wish i didn't do it :( i was fine with honey and WO...

Shock and D'aww
June 23rd, 2014, 11:36 AM
When I looked in the mirror today my hair seemed darker somehow. Maybe it just needs a wash.

SThr
June 23rd, 2014, 01:57 PM
35.75"! So I'm back up to half an inch a month, yay!
Got grabbed by a lionesse/herstyler SA in the mall today. She was amazed by how long my hair was, but couldn't wrap her head around WO washing.
ETA: A thing! Is there a way to export charts out of Excel into drawing programs? Copy/Pasting out of Excel looks terrible.
http://i.imgur.com/OGbLF5Y.png

spirals
June 23rd, 2014, 03:45 PM
Wondering if I could curl my hair with sponge curlers?
Don't do it! Your hair will get stuck; I know.

cathair
June 23rd, 2014, 05:10 PM
Wow SThr I love the way you have done that chart! Interesting to see your actual graph against your projected :)

SThr
June 23rd, 2014, 05:14 PM
Thanks cathair! I can't wait to add more data to it. :)

skeletonous
June 24th, 2014, 09:48 AM
It's bothering me today that, because I shampooed my hair last night, my side pieces that I'm trying to grow even with my neckline look shorter than they really are. :shrug:

Edit: They just needed to be fingercombed out :lol: nevermind!

Johannah
June 24th, 2014, 12:05 PM
Why can't hair just talk and say what it needs? Would be so much easier.

Nesoi
June 24th, 2014, 12:38 PM
After reaching a huge (non hair related) personal goal recently, I have treated myself to a couple of presents. A few hair toys from etsy and a triple pack of Nightblooming's hair salve samples. I'm excited for them to arrive!

spirals
June 24th, 2014, 01:46 PM
^ Congrats on whatever it is. Mine will be weight loss.

cathair
June 24th, 2014, 02:16 PM

Love this thought :D I really wish it could :)

Nadine <3
June 24th, 2014, 05:02 PM
I was sitting on the couch picking through my ends. I found a huge three pronged split...I didn't have my scissors with me...so I just yanked out the entire hair. Yup.

Johannah
June 25th, 2014, 12:30 PM

Okay, hydrolyzed protein it is. :cool:

duchess67
June 25th, 2014, 12:34 PM
Love how your thoughts seem to fly, Johannah :D

QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Johannah
June 25th, 2014, 01:10 PM
Love how your thoughts seem to fly, Johannah :D

Haha. My hair has been really frizzy, dry, tangled and stringy for months and I just didn't get it. :lala:

spirals
June 25th, 2014, 01:31 PM
I honestly feel like my hair only grows in summertime. :/

Breanna
June 25th, 2014, 01:48 PM
I've been wondering about whether or not to just go ahead and try to henna my hair myself, or wait until I go visit my aunt or my mom so they can help me. I just hope it won't be too hard to do while I'm at home by myself, and I'm sure my dad probably isn't really interested in helping :P Should I just go for it or be safe and wait for help? If only I had at least one extra arm.

jacqueline101
June 25th, 2014, 02:07 PM
I'm loving my hair today. It's staying put and I noticed it was soft today when I took it down and detangled it. It's great to be proud of your hair.

Nimia
June 25th, 2014, 04:00 PM

How are you going to give the hair its goodies? I tried to make my own protein rinse, using hydrolyzed collagen that I usually put in my coffee every morning as a supplement. I mixed it with conditioner and water, and have been using that after I shampoo. It seems to be helping my ends.

Larki
June 25th, 2014, 04:12 PM
I found a split end on one of my arm hairs today. :p Lol!

Crumpet
June 25th, 2014, 09:28 PM
My second cassia treatment is on my hair. I'm super-excited abou these treatments. I loved the first one and apparently it only gets better from there. I hope this one turns out as well (or better!) than the first one.

Also, its fun to play with the manure-like mud.

Nadine <3
June 25th, 2014, 09:32 PM
I found a split end on one of my arm hairs today. :p Lol!

LOL, did you trim it white a hair scissors? Haha!

Such a good hair day today! I forgot how much wave I can get when I CO wash!

sarahthegemini
June 26th, 2014, 07:32 AM
I secured a cinnabun with spin pins last night - it held all evening, all through the night until I took it down before showering today. YAY.

Nesoi
June 26th, 2014, 10:36 AM
I put my hair in a braid today and then took a nap. It was comfy but I have to wonder - won't putting an elastic (even a hair-safe one, which I do use) at the end every night cause as much if not more damage than leaving it loose? Hmm.

Johannah
June 26th, 2014, 11:13 AM
How are you going to give the hair its goodies? I tried to make my own protein rinse, using hydrolyzed collagen that I usually put in my coffee every morning as a supplement. I mixed it with conditioner and water, and have been using that after I shampoo. It seems to be helping my ends.

There's a brand (which you can only buy in the Netherlands, I'm afraid) and it has made a keratin-line. I use the shampoo and conditioner. It contains different oils and hydrolyzed keratin as the 4th ingredient, so it's pretty heavy. Sometimes I use the leave-in conditioner/anti-klit as well (I guess keratin as 6th ingredient). My hair is :magic: :magic: :magic: pure silk. Absolutely amazing. I've used Organic Root Stimulator Hair Mayonnaise in the past as well, you can buy this in afro shops. I think it contained egg protein and olive oil. You can use it as a mask and leave it in for 20 minutes, it works great as well. But I notice my hair likes hydrolyzed keratin better.

There are a lot of shampoos and conditioners with hydrolyzed protein you can use, I guess Main & Tail is one of them. On the bottom of this link there's another list: http://voices.yahoo.com/the-fine-art-protein-moisture-balancing-for-393904.html?cat=69

Nadine <3
June 26th, 2014, 11:38 AM
Watching my mom brush her hair bothers me...Her hair isn't even shoulder length but it gets really tangled really bad and she just rips her brush right through big snarls. I can hear hair breaking and snapping...it's cringe worthy.

spirals
June 26th, 2014, 11:46 AM
I found a split end on one of my arm hairs today. :p Lol! o.O :rollin: I should check mine; they're long enough!

Larki
June 26th, 2014, 11:47 AM
Watching my mom brush her hair bothers me...Her hair isn't even shoulder length but it gets really tangled really bad and she just rips her brush right through big snarls. I can hear hair breaking and snapping...it's cringe worthy.
My roommate would do this and then complain that her hair looked messy all the time. :p

SThr
June 26th, 2014, 12:29 PM
I used a sample of hair serum yesterday, and the scent is ridiculously strong. I had to leave my hair down for hours yesterday to let it air out, then I washed my hair, and today I can STILL smell it. All this fragrance is hurting my head, back to coconut oil then!

martyna_22
June 26th, 2014, 12:44 PM

Still better than my roomate with collarbone length hair, ripping a comb through soaking wet hair... Every single day. And then complaining she sheds a lot (the hair was actually pretty much ripped out). I tried to tell her it's wrong but.. guess she thought she knew best.

Larki
June 26th, 2014, 03:35 PM
My hair loves jojoba oil! With argan, just a few drops can sometimes make my hair look greasy. I literally managed to get an entire handful of jojoba into my hair today before it looked "not squeaky clean". I mean, my hair doesn't even look greasy, it just doesn't look like I'm fresh out of the shower anymore. Jeez! Unfortunately I only have argan at my house, the jojoba is from my sister's house. I'll have to see if I can get jojoba.

swords & roses
June 26th, 2014, 04:02 PM
I'm on a family vacation this week. Day One of travel, DH found my first white hair! I'm actually a bit excited, because I'd loooove to have a full head of white hair when I'm older! All my relatives are either barely salt-&-pepper with grays, or they dyed their hair black for so long, no one ever knew what it turned! ;)

And if you're ever in Epcot at Disney World, the Japan & China areas have lovely hair toys! DH bought me a shiny new stick. *squee!*

ARG
June 26th, 2014, 07:41 PM
The shampoo is getting harder to wash out. I feel like I spend forever rinsing now =(.

RainbowBowser
June 26th, 2014, 08:02 PM
Travelling with daily washers really made me feel uncomfortable about my habits, my friends really don't know anything about hair and its just mildly frustrating to try and explain things about ingredients (*ahem* thats not argan oil thats silicone with a little bit of argan)

Johannah
June 27th, 2014, 09:49 AM
Greasy greasy greasy

Stray_mind
June 28th, 2014, 01:46 AM
I brought some bamboo and elastane material pieces from work and decided to try heatless curls with the strings, cut from that material (the material is really soft, so i don't think it can damage my hair). I'm now with full head of pink bows made from those strings.. I wonder how it will turn out.. My hair isn't very prone to curls... :ponder:

Sunny_side_up
June 28th, 2014, 06:51 AM
Finally got round to buying more sls free shampoo, on offer too! My scalp especially will be glad :)

skeletonous
June 28th, 2014, 08:09 AM
^ Yay! I just got a great deal on SLS free shampoo too, my store had bottles that had 50% more shampoo for a couple of dollars less then a regular sized bottle :)

Larki
June 28th, 2014, 09:09 AM
I found a hair stick in a drawer! :D Score!

Johannah
June 28th, 2014, 10:19 AM
It looks like my overall length doesn't grow at all, but my blunt bangs do. :/

jacqueline101
June 28th, 2014, 11:15 AM
I have a feeling that my hair will grow like it did my first year here.

darklyndsea
June 28th, 2014, 12:51 PM
I think I need to learn a new method of combing my hair. I think it's getting too long to keep doing it the way I do now.

Jumper
June 28th, 2014, 08:56 PM
I just messed up a little and turned out a really great spin pin ponytail (was working on pinning a bun a little differently than usual and instead ended up with this).

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t1.0-9/10420165_10152210233047503_4879757388418871931_n.j pghttps://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10502211_10152210233127503_275507459003136644_n.jp g?oh=65dc118d52dfa24dadc14b825f486fb4&oe=542E50A1&__gda__=1412289483_bfd6e3f8239d344d125eaf64653ff41 8

Sorry for the blurryness, you'll just have to get the general idea. My bathroom does not have the best lighting.

I need to take it down and do it a few more times until I can recreate it but I think it's thrilling - my hair is brushing the waist of my work khakis (so a little past waist) and that means a long, heavy ponytail if I want a ponytail (not to mention I've sworn off ponytails for a long time). But with it in this half bun ponytail thing it's what, barely arm pit length?

I've taken to wearing my hair in a bun to work most days but this would be a nice change assuming I can recreate it.

spirals
June 28th, 2014, 11:39 PM
It's really cute! Is it comfy? I like ponytails but my hair is so heavy that I don't do them.

Jumper
June 28th, 2014, 11:50 PM
I'll have to let you know if I do it for an entire day - the hour I kept it up was really comfy. I didn't even notice it (I find spin pins distribute the weight well if you get them placed well). I did recreate it too. I shook my head around and jumped up and down a little to see if it would move and it didn't (well, obviously the "tail" part did, but the bunnish part stayed in place) so I think it would be sturdy enough for all day.

Johannah
June 29th, 2014, 06:08 AM
I'm too lazy to wash my hair. Too. Lazy.

peachyleshy
June 29th, 2014, 10:04 PM
It seems like my hair is longer when it's in a low ponytail than when it is just down... But it's nice I suppose :)

Nadine <3
June 29th, 2014, 10:10 PM
I washed my hair with nothing but water nd a bit of honey after working out. WOOOOW, so soft and nice!

Johannah
June 30th, 2014, 02:12 AM
Hydrolyzed keratin makes my hair soooooo silky and soft. Wow.

Fericera
June 30th, 2014, 06:47 AM
It looks like my overall length doesn't grow at all, but my blunt bangs do. :/

Don't worry, it's growing! :) The length just is harder to notice when there isn't a good point of reference. Bangs are handy for measuring growth I think.

I washed my hair with nothing but water nd a bit of honey after working out. WOOOOW, so soft and nice!

Did you mix the honey with something? I keep hearing about honey in hair, and I'm curious, but all I can imagine is a sticky terrible mess.

jacqueline101
June 30th, 2014, 08:35 AM
Thought for the day as I was unbraiding my hair I noticed it sheds more braided then bunned.

skeletonous
June 30th, 2014, 10:04 AM
I hope CO washing goes well for my hair :) going to try it tonight!

Nadine <3
June 30th, 2014, 11:22 AM
Did you mix the honey with something? I keep hearing about honey in hair, and I'm curious, but all I can imagine is a sticky terrible mess.

Yes, I used about a table spoon of raw honey mixed up well in a cup of warm water and a few drops of Lavender and Rosemary EO for an extra boost. I wet my whole head in the shower and apply it on my scalp and gently scrub my scalp. I even like using my shower comb to comb it through while I rinse...that's the most important part, is rinsing very well! It's perfect for when my hair isn't dirty, just kinda gross from sweating.

Fericera
June 30th, 2014, 12:40 PM
Yes, I used about a table spoon of raw honey mixed up well in a cup of warm water and a few drops of Lavender and Rosemary EO for an extra boost. I wet my whole head in the shower and apply it on my scalp and gently scrub my scalp. I even like using my shower comb to comb it through while I rinse...that's the most important part, is rinsing very well! It's perfect for when my hair isn't dirty, just kinda gross from sweating.

I just got lavender oil a couple days ago. I might have to try this, it does sounds good for summer!

NatNat
June 30th, 2014, 02:10 PM
My hair thought for the day was even though I like my layers a lot, not all of them fit into a side braid, ah well going for the messy look I guess :p

Nadine <3
June 30th, 2014, 02:28 PM
I just got lavender oil a couple days ago. I might have to try this, it does sounds good for summer!

It is! takes care of the sweat without stripping like shampoo or making me flat and stringy like CO has been.

Today I discovered that family dollar sells the little clear bands I use for my braids...800 for a buck. I've been paying 5 dollars for 100 of them at Walmart.