Thread: Being super fine will I be able to grow long pretty hair?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    CBL/WL/CL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Default Being super fine will I be able to grow long pretty hair?

It might sound like a weird question...but let me explain. I have thin, fine hair. The type of hair you can see through. I do nothing to damage it: no dye, straightening, blow drying, nothing. Though I have abused the heck out of it in the past I take very good care of it now and haven't abused it in quite a few years. I have always wanted waist length hair. My sister has waist length and all my other sisters have nice hair, just a little thicker than mine. My mother has VERRRY fine hair.

In my attempts to grow it waist I condition every day, wash every 2-3days and I would call my hair normal to dry. I S&D frequently and self trim maybe every 6 months. I do get split ends but nothing really bad that would call for a major cut.

I have not had hair much longer than my current length as it gets so hard to control and since its so fine it knots up so fast I have to comb through every few hours or else it looks a mess. (Just have to mention, I use nothing but a wide tooth comb while wet AND dry.)

Since it is so fine and prone to knotting do you think I am stuck at this length? I know the longer it gets the more thin it will look. It is very hard to maintain any kind of thickness as I grow since I don't have much of it to begin with! I have had stylists tell me layers will help and keep it shoulder length but I don't like it that way. I am very low maintenance, do not want to style my hair everyday and like a blunt hemline.

Also, from the pictures does it LOOK fine and thin or is it just me?

Any tips on how to keep thicker ends as I grow out? I am on prenatal vitamins since I am 3.5 months PP.

This is when I first cut my hair in May of 2011:

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o...ffb/June24.jpg

This is April 2012:
    (no major cuts, all s&d and a few small self trims)

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o...fb/4-18-12.jpg
    Last edited by ZeppHead; May 12th, 2012 at 09:01 AM. Reason: pictures