Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite oil, and what kind of oilings do you do?

I should know this. Probably. No, definitely.
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Default Re: Favorite oil, and what kind of oilings do you do?

Mostly Triple Moon (love that stuff!) and coconut but occasionally almond or jojoba. Shea butter, too. Does that count as an oil? I'll oil every day and do a heavy oiling/buttering (that sounds funny!) before I wash.
    Last edited by Rosethorn; March 3rd, 2012 at 09:18 PM.
    Darkling I listen; and for many a time I have been half in love with easeful Death, Call'd him soft names in many a muse'd rhyme
    -John Keats

Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Coconut or henna sooq's cocoveda when it is warm, jojoba when it is cold for my hair for light oilings. Coconut for deep oilings overnight before wash day, if it is a planned washday, or after I henna. If I got gross at work and had to wash early then I'll just use coconut despite the weather.

Length
    ??/30/35
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

is there any benefit to oiling right before washing? Won't it just strip the hair of the oil you just put on? I'm doing it now but am thinking.. What is actually the point?
    26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

Length
    APL/BSL/WL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by tgagurl27 View Post
    is there any benefit to oiling right before washing? Won't it just strip the hair of the oil you just put on? I'm doing it now but am thinking.. What is actually the point?
    coconut oil is been proven to help reduce protein lost with shampoo. A lot of people to oil soak as a treatment at least one hour to a full night, then wash it out.

Personnaly I'm not a big fan of a lot of oil. I have fine hair and it build up like crazy on me.

I hate to admit it, but the best oil for me is mineral oil. I still use vegetable oil on my skin though.

Length
    3 in/thigh/knee
    Type
    1a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Avital88 View Post
    Recently i started using jojoba oil aswell, i find it very drying,my ends are even crunchy and i havent had that in a long time, have you experienced such thing with it aswel?
    Its the only thing i changed in my routine so it must be that

My favourite oils are Amla, Argan and Coconut, cant live without these..
    I use it whenever i think i need it, usually a few drops on the ends after shower and deep oiling the night before or the day of washing.
    All my oils are empty though besides coco so i'm gonna go to my kitchen now and get me some EVOO and have a deeeep oil evening)
    No, I have never experienced this, and I have been using jojoba oil all winter. I can't say why it works differently for us.

Length
    Apl/Bsl+/Waist
    Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

My favorite ones right now are Neelibhrigadi for my scalp and HennaSooq's Cocoveda for my length. It leaves my hair so soft and shiny.
    SL-APL-BSL-MBL-WAIST-HIP
    **Almost there!!!**

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I use coconut oil for generous pre-wash oiling. Every once in awhile, when I am going to blow-dry my hair (on warm, never hot), I use a small amount of coconut oil on the bottom 6-8 inches of length.

I've also used EVOO, which works just as well, but I don't enjoy the scent.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Favorite oil is mineral oil. Next to serum, it's the only oil I use.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii/iii

I've started using coconut oil as a pre-wash oiling- hair and scalp, generous amount. I really like it so far. I also sometimes like a little jojoba oil after washing to smooth down the hair. I have a bottle of argan oil that I've yet to try, but have heard many good things about it so will be trying that soon!

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Mineral oil baby oil in between catnip treatments. Less than 3 drops - 1 application after shampooing - nothing else on my hair - lasts a full week ETA or until my next shampoo - with no further application necessary.

No issues - no tangles - keeps my hair from being dry - ETA:2 and - not stringy or greasy, staticy or sticky.

ETA:3 Wahes out completely with no extra shampoo - great volume and well defined waves too.

Only oiling oil or grooming aid oil I have ever tried that works beautifully. I love it.

ETA:4 I forgot to add - I still have no split ends - I just finished my first s&d in 7 months. I had the day off, from my now regular schedule lol.
    Last edited by ktani; February 28th, 2012 at 03:47 PM. Reason: ETA and ETA:2, 3 and 4