Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Best Care For Baby-Fine Hair

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Default Re: Best Care For Baby-Fine Hair

Quote Originally Posted by Laurelann View Post
    Neoma, thank you for these ideas; I'm going to give them a try! I don't have a Tangle Teaser (yet??) but I'm thinking of getting a wood wide tooth comb. Right now I'm not detangling at all while wet, (just using fingers when almost dry) & wrapping my hair in a t-shirt instead of towel drying.
    You're very welcome! A wide-tooth comb would work just fine. I've had long hair most of my life, way before they invented Tangle Teasers. I always used a wide-tooth comb.

Lady Neoma, Defender of Creatures Great and Small

Type
    1a/F/i/ii

How would well would Kinky Curly Knot Today leave in work for tangles? I know it's not aimed at my hair type, but it doesn't have any cones or heavy oils/butters that typically would weigh my hair down. I may dilute too. Other recommendations are welcome, especially if they smell good.

Length
    CBL/TBL/-
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyblonde View Post
    How would well would Kinky Curly Knot Today leave in work for tangles? I know it's not aimed at my hair type, but it doesn't have any cones or heavy oils/butters that typically would weigh my hair down. I may dilute too. Other recommendations are welcome, especially if they smell good.
    I can recommend it. I'm not in the "baby fine" category but it works on my hair and I gave it to my SIL to use on her toddlers' hair and it works great for them as well, as a leave-in. A little goes a long way but it's hard to overdo in my experience. I think it smells pretty good. Diluting it in a spray bottle as a detangler would probably work great!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyblonde View Post
    I have F hair as well, though admittedly lots of it. I don't believe there are products for a hairtype. I use products aimed at type 4 ladies & gents, I just use a lot less of it; and it works.

My mom is i and F, and uses the curl enhancing smoothie styler by Shea Moisture to set her rollers. It works like a charm, so much hold and her curls last for at least a solid week, then it sort of sags a little, but it still has the volume & definition.

So don't look past certain products just because you think they aren't meant for you.

I use it all!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    12/32/35
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Neoma View Post
    You're very welcome! A wide-tooth comb would work just fine. I've had long hair most of my life, way before they invented Tangle Teasers. I always used a wide-tooth comb.
    Funny. I can't seem to use a comb of any type on my hair. Only in the shower with a lot of conditioner on.
    Started growing at 42. Always admired and wanted long hair. Thrilled to find waves!!!

2b-F-ii