Thread: Best Detangling Brush Ever

Default Best Detangling Brush Ever

I've tried a couple inexpensive ones and they've been OK but the one I had broke and I happened to be in Target looking at hair things when I found one called the Soft Touch. It's by some company called Swissco. I have fairly coarse, very tangly hair. I've never been able to detangle so quickly until this brush. Maybe it's because the bristles are shorter or something. What I really like is that it has a handle and some heft. The lighter weight ones often fly out of my hand and land in the toilet. This one rests very comfortably in my hand. It was less than $10, I think. I'm surprised. I don't see it on Target's website but Swissco has a site. Their products seem no frills but very effective. I'm impressed. https://www.swisscollc.com/collectio...tangling-51602
    Last edited by spirals; March 30th, 2018 at 06:14 PM. Reason: added link

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Best Detangling Brush Ever

What does it look like? Like a Tangle Teezer with a handle?
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

The land of vodka, bears and perpetual winter
    Length
    APL/Class/TERM
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I've been using tangle teezers for three years and I have no plans of changing it. The best brush ever invented

Length
    N/A/N/A/N/A
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii/iii

I’m using the vented wet brush pro and it has been pretty great. I also use the compact tangle teezer to help distribute coconut oil through my hair.
    That one looks like a tangle teezer with balls pretty much but it might be worth a try!
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain.

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

I'm currently very fond of the paddle model of the Wet Brush. Prior to that one I tried a Tangle Angel and a Tangle Teezer, but the Angel I didn't find very effective (although pretty!) and the Teezer I keep dropping on the floor when it gets stuck on a tangle. I have fine wavy hair, which is not particularly difficult to brush in the first place though.

The best detangling going brush I've ever used is the Denman No. 3 brush. I have been using it for years, and it works super awesome. It is a bit pricey, but it's worth every penny in my book. I currently own 1 that I use on a regular basis, and I have 2 backups. I do own other brushes at this time, but none of them get my hair smoother, greatly delta goes, and totally elongates my hair better than the Denman brush. And, no I don't have very thick hair, neither do I have coarse hair either. My hair is actually of low density and is fine textured. But, for me, combs and just using my fingers have never worked best for my hair, so I just stick with what does. And, this helps to keep my hair it's happiest!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    I'm currently very fond of the paddle model of the Wet Brush. Prior to that one I tried a Tangle Angel and a Tangle Teezer, but the Angel I didn't find very effective (although pretty!) and the Teezer I keep dropping on the floor when it gets stuck on a tangle. I have fine wavy hair, which is not particularly difficult to brush in the first place though.
    I have the regular Wet Brush dupes, but I got one paddle brush dupe version. I have yet to try it. I'm going to work through my original one first, though. Not going to open that one yet.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana_Prince View Post
    I had one similar to that and didn't like it. Mine is this one: https://www.swisscollc.com/collectio...tangling-51602

On the screen it looks the same but the two brushes feel different to me. The one I have seems...not as cheap, I guess. The store had both for me to examine side by side.
    Last edited by spirals; March 30th, 2018 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirals View Post
    I had one similar to that and didn't like it. Mine is this one: https://www.swisscollc.com/collectio...tangling-51602

On the screen it looks the same but the two brushes feel different to me. The one I have seems...not as cheap, I guess. The store had both for me to examine side by side.
    Oh, okay, thanks!