Thread: Ebay-Kleinanzeigen.de - anyone used it?

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Default Ebay-Kleinanzeigen.de - anyone used it?

I came across this site whilst searching for something else, https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-...aarforke/c0-l0
    It's a treasure trove of hairtoys! Must be often used by LHN members, by the looks of it.

Does anyone know how it works? Is it reliable, are buyers protected? (It seems most accept PayPal which does have its own buyer protection, but always good to know if the marketplace has any too.)

I will try to investigate but as an international, out-of-EU user my other main concern is whether they charge the VAT through the site or not? eBay itself does for international sales, but that's no guarantee this site would.
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Ebay-Kleinanzeigen.de - anyone used it?

I just read Trustpilot reviews and it seems that the Dutch can't get on it. For some reason? I haven't typed in the site because as yet I don't know whether it is legit or not.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    I just read Trustpilot reviews and it seems that the Dutch can't get on it. For some reason? I haven't typed in the site because as yet I don't know whether it is legit or not.
    In terms of visiting, I've been on the site and clicked through quite a few listings, that's all it seems to be - nothing inappropriate or spam links or anything

Length
    bsl/waist/ftl
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Ebay Kleinanzeigen is widely used. It works the same as buying a small space on a newspaper, except it's free unless you pay for a special colour or to keep your advertisement on top. Everyone can open an account, you don't need to use your real name, payment method is discussed later and it can be anything (paypal, transfer, you pick it up and pay, trade, etc.). There's no protection from anything because you just use the website to show your item, and it was actually intended to be used before for person-to-person purchases. Now of course a lot of people also buy from different cities and just ask it to be sent per post. Normally you exchange a few messages, pay upfront and receive your item. One time I had a bad experience buying a blanket advertised as wool when it was just polyester, but of course no one is responsible and even though I tried contacting the person it didn't bring anything in the end. Aside from that, all good, so, it works as it should 98% of the time.
    Don't you know this tale
    In which all I ever wanted
    I'll never have?

Length
    bsl/waist/ftl
    Type
    2b/F/ii

And actually you can ask the person to send you whatever wherever you want, just pay for the shipping... the site is just so you can upload your text and photos, what you discuss later is private and has nothing to do with the site. If it's reliable or not depends entirely on the seller.
    Don't you know this tale
    In which all I ever wanted
    I'll never have?

Length
    APL/40/48
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

This is a page for classifieds. It's basically one private person selling to another. I have bought a lot of my hairtoys and other stuff second hand there and so far I haven't had a bad experience yet. You send the seller a message if the article is still availabe and then you agree on a way of payment and mailing (if necessary). Most, but not all, use paypal friends. Within germany it's also still common to transfer the money to the sellers bankaccount directly. Once the seller has the money, they mail the article. When you buy within the area you live it's also common to pick the article up and pay cash once you've seen it (for furniture for example).

It's not as protected as ebay. This page used to belong to ebay, but has been sold to another company if I rember correctly. It's legit, but you have to trust a stranger if you pay beforehand and want something mailed. I know of one friend who got conned. They payed, but the seller disappeared, wasn't hairtoys, though. So I never pay more, than I'd be willing to lose if something went wrong. It's basically working like the swapboard, I'd say. So no, they would not charge VAT, but you'd get mail from a regular person, not a shop, so I'm not sure what customs have to say to this.

I think, meanwhile, they have added a way to buy protected, but nobody is using it, because it costs an additional fee, so I'm not sure how that would work.

Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Thanks for the responses so far very helpful. Before I checked back here I found it belongs to this group of companies https://www.ebayclassifiedsgroup.com/brands.html so that's reassuring too.

I definitely understand the purpose now, sounds exactly like Gumtree although I don't think Gumtree has introduced a payment system yet. All payment systems with protection charge fees, so that's not unusual.

Customs could work fine if it's marked as a gift (between private individuals so it's not a commercial transaction) and under the threshold.

From just that search term it just looks like a mega Swap board exciting, but I don't *need* anything at the moment!

Edit: Okay I have to get off there, I am drooling
    Last edited by MusicalSpoons; February 25th, 2022 at 03:09 PM.

Length
    APL/40/48
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalSpoons View Post
    From just that search term it just looks like a mega Swap board exciting, but I don't *need* anything at the moment!

Edit: Okay I have to get off there, I am drooling
    lol I always put a bit of money aside in case I see something interesting. Not to enable anyone, "Haarstab" and "Haarforke" are the search terms that cover most hair toys