Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can my Terminal Length be this short? Help!

Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Can my Terminal Length be this short? Help!

thanks for all the replies! I'm going to try wearing my hair up more, which will be difficult as I love having my hair down..i only know how to do a messy bun so I'll have to find some pretty updos!

do any of you recommend putting my hair up at night? I toss and turn alot and I think my hair gets pretty damaged from that..

Length
    27BSL/40/knee
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

The time of year definitely makes a difference for me. I can get almost an inch a month in the summer when I'm out in the sun all day, but during the winter, when the sun in scarce in these parts, I hit a stall around November and didn't get any growth again until February. It's growing again now, but not nearly as fast as it was last summer. I'm just trying to keep taking care of it and trusting that it will grow in time. It's a slow process, but try to have fun with your hair in the meantime.

Lady Elphame of the New Snow Steed in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Give it at least 2 years of consistent good care. Have a length picture taken about every 3 months, even once per month if you like. You will probably see progress. It takes years and years to grow long hair. I've been growing mine for 10 years now, but that includes a lot of trims.

≈ωаѵєs оŋ τнє оcєаŋ≈ xoxophelia's Avatar
    Length
    26"/35"/waist
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

When I was a vegetarian my hair greatly suffered. So I know you have to be extra careful to track your protein. Also.. if you color or heat style, it can sorta create a false terminal length. LHC will get you sorted out and you will have long hair in no time

~~embracing nature's waves~~
    instagram: monophonatic

Length
    28"/36"/term
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by LilyLu View Post
    thanks for all the replies! I'm going to try wearing my hair up more, which will be difficult as I love having my hair down..i only know how to do a messy bun so I'll have to find some pretty updos!

do any of you recommend putting my hair up at night? I toss and turn alot and I think my hair gets pretty damaged from that..
    Check out the articles section for some updo how-tos:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...read.php?t=180

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...o+instructions

Youtube is also a great place for help. Just a few to check out:

4ypn0tica
    http://www.youtube.com/user/aeli92

http://www.youtube.com/user/CinnamonHair

http://www.youtube.com/user/Habioku

http://www.youtube.com/user/ilovegerardo

http://www.youtube.com/user/torrinpaige

These are just a few to get started with....many, many choices out there

As far as putting it up at night, I would totally recommend that! I put my hair up in a scrunchie bun and use a satin pillow case. I think thats when some of the worst damage can occur, is while we're sleeping.

Length
    pixie/tbl/?
    Type
    2a/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by LilyLu View Post
    I'm starting to wonder if the climate here (maritime canada) is not so great for hair growth, especially in winter..we dont get much sun, or heat until june.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lykaios View Post
    Interesting. I'm in Dartmouth, NS right now.

My hair is growing painfully slow right now. If you've grown it to waist before, you're probably safe.
    In Halifax, NS here! My hair usually grows a bit faster in the summer. But overall it shows average growth rate (half an inch a month), so the climate here doesn't seem to be affecting it in general. I do find it grows more slowly when I'm impatient.
    Growing out from pixie since October 2007

My blog: Misc Mash

Length
    17''/27''/31''
    Type
    2b/F/M/i/ii

I am a vegetarian also but I do not eat fish/shrimp etc. because this is meat. I have never observed any hair deterioration or thinning due to being vegetarian as long as eat properly and take vitamins. Maybe you just need to let your hair grow on its own timing and you will be surprised-I never realized how long my hair got until one day I saw my hair from the back.

Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

i take a multivitamin and do deep conditions and am very nice to my hair (in my opinion) -if you dont want to wear your hair up at night try a silk pillow- ive got one and its really nice to sleep on too
    however with all my love and attention my hair still splits and grows PAINFULLY slowly. aprox 1 inch in 3 months? but i know my hair will grow longer so i guess patience is the key!

also ive heard that having your hair tied up all the time actually is more damaging as each strand needs a bit of air and sunshine (like we do!) just make sure it doesnt get too knotty!

Length
    27/32/35
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Nothing to add, really. Just take it easy, relax, keep your hair out of harms way and it will probably start growing now when the season changes for the better again.

As for sleeping, I find I damage it more when I have it up since I am also a tosser and turner. Having it loose, thrown over the pillow, doesn't put as much stress on my roots as when my braid gets caught.