Thread: Post pics of your Quattro tools/toys.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Post pics of your Quattro tools/toys.

Ed of PM has admitted to me in writing that he is not the copyright owner of the carbide arrow hair stick either. Somewhere, another artist has come up with a unique idea and designed it but it is being sold by PM. He doesn't credit the copyright holder/artist and this might mistakenly lead the buyer to believe that this is PM's original design while he happily pockets the money.

Raven does the same thing but in larger quantities. She sees a design (someone else sweated over) that appeals to her and makes it. She even imitates the mythology descriptions on her store listings. Everyone knows Nightblooming is the originator but in the meantime Nightblooming and Quattro continue to see their hard earned unique ideas and designs being copied and sold as though Raven were actually the designer. Designing something is hard work. Coming up with a unique idea is hard work. All the mythology that Nightblooming includes in her listings is hard work. Damn hard work.

Unfortunately, there are many people who are willing to steal/copy other's designs and/or pass them off as their own. Almost every popular artist I've purchased hair accessories from has had their designs stolen and sold in other shops on Etsy, Ebay and Artfire. Some have even been mass produced.

There is a real need to preserve the integrity of design, intellectual property and copyright among artists and craftsmen. These are not multimillionaires with major factories cranking out the latest fad but artists sweating out every single design and business detail. The artists often work on their art in their spare time from full-time jobs and family.

I'm a very small store and have been absent due to illness for over a year now but I feel I had a unique idea so wish to protect my design.

ETA: I hope you'll all consider joining us at Venders Against Piracy, Customers Against Piracy: http://www.etsy.com/teams/12375/vend...nternet-piracy
    Last edited by jahof45; April 28th, 2012 at 01:32 AM.