View Poll Results: how thick is your ponytail circumference in inches?

Voters
1628. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 inch or under

36 2.21%
  • 2 inches or under

147 9.03%
  • 3 inches or under

496 30.47%
  • 4 inches or under

577 35.44%
  • 5 inches or under

243 14.93%
  • 6 inches or under

71 4.36%
  • 7 inches or under

14 0.86%
  • 8 inches or under

2 0.12%
  • other

9 0.55%
  • my pony tail is full of cheese

33 2.03%
Page 43 of 75 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: circumference of your pony tail??

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Default Re: circumference of your pony tail??

My hair is 4.25" and I'm pretty happy with that.
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    SL/TBL/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

My pony is 3 and a half inches, that would be solid ii.

Length
    Pixie/Chin/BSL
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

What did you do to thicken your ponytail? I'm at a bit over collar bone length now and my ponytail is 3" exactly. Would love to increase!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by RSunny View Post
    What did you do to thicken your ponytail? I'm at a bit over collar bone length now and my ponytail is 3" exactly. Would love to increase!
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but you can't increase the number of follicles on your head. You can only make sure your hair is at its thickest it can possibly be *for you* by eating well, and by taking the best care of your hair that you possibly can (good comb, gentle detangling, etc.).
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Account Closed by Member Request

does anyone else find the 7 and 8 inch option ridiculous? its pretty much impossible to physically fit on anyones head, that bein if measured correctly, like really tight and including the hairband and such.

person with the 8 inch pony, i dare you to show up ;P !!!

Length
    Chin/TBL/MTL
    Type
    2a/M/iii

I suspect people with dreadlocks may have that circumference.
    If you don't pull the tape tight, it can also show up higher.
    If I get really wishful, have just washed my hair and don't pull too tight I easily get 7 inches (but obviously, that is not an accurate measurement because that is hair and air!)
    ~APL - BSL - Waist - Hip - BCL -TBL - Classic - Beyond~ Currently at 43 inches
    Lady Sitir, Keeper of the Cloud-Grazing Flock in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    YouTube:My Science Project|Hair Videos|Mental Health Videos

Length
    <1"/23"/Term
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii/iii

My hair tends to be between 3 and 4 inches, depending on when it was washed and how many of my short layers managed to get into my ponytail.

Account Closed by Member Request

DreamSheep, dreads are something i forgot, but then again its not possible to really tell anything about real density or texture this way. i mean its kinda like measuring with a few parandi braided into teased hair.
    when mine was curly i could also let it airdry and then make a pony where the hairtie ony goes around once, just because it holds the style this way does not make it circumference, rather volume i guess.
    im pretty postive that there are next to no people on this planet who even get to a 6" pony when correctly measured. the thickest i have seen on here was 5.5 i think and it looked tighly compacted. thats already about twice as much hair as iii tho.
    i think the different ways to measure are making it hard to compare sometimes.
    usually i tie a string of non elastic dental floss around my pony and mark the loop with a sharpie. if it slips, knoting one end to my left wrist before does help. this way i have a variation of not even 5mm when i measure. one whole inch difference is just too much to be realistic.

Length
    Chin/TBL/MTL
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Yeah, possibly.
    On another thread someone had 8'' and said they had dreads, and some people (for instance but not only, very kinky curly people) have braid-in extensions, which obviously add thickness - but in practical terms it is the thickness they are dealing with when it comes to styling, even if it doesn't come out of their heads.

My hair is stupidly thick, reaching nearly 6'' at the top of my head, 5.5'' at the nape - but again, some people with C hairs and a different texture may require completely different haircare and routine even if they have the same circumference.

I think thickness is a good measure for things such as, how much product you need, how long it takes to be able to do a style etc.
    ~APL - BSL - Waist - Hip - BCL -TBL - Classic - Beyond~ Currently at 43 inches
    Lady Sitir, Keeper of the Cloud-Grazing Flock in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    YouTube:My Science Project|Hair Videos|Mental Health Videos

Length
    BSL/Hip/Class
    Type
    2b/M/iii

I have bangs and short facr framing layers, and my ponytail without them is about 4.7-4.8 inches. When I measure, my waves aren't yet formed, as they don't start from the root.. Most people always descibre my hair as super thick(as in having lots of it), but some of you really have some ultra-tjick ones, so maybe I'm more on the average side..