Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Length
    APL/CL/FTL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ligeia Noire View Post
    OMG your hair is STUNNING!!!
    You should know, with how stunning your hair is!! Thank you!
    The maiden was saved by her Prince Charming, and by "Prince Charming" I mean flaxseed gel.

Length
    2/22?/35
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/i/ii

washed my hair late last night too tired to dry it, didn't want to sleep on it wet.
    Wrapped it up in a T shirt ploppy method - wrapped a hair tie round the t shirt ends & went to sleep.
    Comfy, material didn't dig in, didn't get damp bits or stiff neck. Stayed on for over 8 hrs.
    Unravelled it this morning my hair is how I always wish it would behave when I scrunch dry it - this wavy soft messy whurly curls much more volume.
    Delighted with the result.
    Cycled through mega windy conditions to work this morninjg & despite sweaty head n windy weather its still pretty curly.
    If Id given it a quick go through with a comb & some moose or curly product before plopping & didnt then expose it to the elements, might have got it even more defined.
    Hair tomorrow, hair yesterday, but never hair today!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by dvep View Post
    This is the result of my second wash with the WCC + LOC method:

This is much curlier than I've had in recent years, so I'm happy about the increase in texture! I can't believe I've been on LHC for a year and am only now learning this much about my own low-porosity hair and how to care for it.Compare it to my signature pic (which is in my 2018 album) which was from a few days ago when I tried WCC + LOC for the first time. This will require more experimentation, plus this last wash was my first go with shampoo bars and maybe I'm transitioning and this is all an illusion.

All I know is that my hair was even curlier in high school, so perhaps if I keep this up I'll get even more curl! Now my only dilemma is the shrinkage. In my sig pic it's pretty clearly past BCL, but now it looks shorter. :P Oh well!
    It's gorgeous!!! Wish my hair did that.

I'm glad you're having good luck with the methods, and if you can't adapt them to suit your own needs... I mean that's what they're there for, right?
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Account Closed by Member Request

Quote Originally Posted by dvep View Post
    You should know, with how stunning your hair is!! Thank you!
    Well thank you but those curls are just gorgeous.

Length
    12/18/36
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Hi Everyone!
    Newish to this forum and New to this thread!
    I've recently switched back to a curly girl routine and my hair seems to be happier!
    My trouble is finding something as a refresh/re moisture without making things sticky. I have 2c/3a curls and at about an inch past bra strap length, I've recently trimmed about 3 inches off and did an olaplex treatment, I'm still growing out some bleaching damage. My hair takes kindly to sweet almond oil but I'm not sure how to incorporate it into my routine. I use low Poo, leave in the conditioner then while wet I add in defining gel and let air dry most of the way.
    How do you guys take care of your lengths?
    Do you detangle in the shower?
    How do you guys protect your curls during the day and night?
    Months ago I tried keeping it up with buns and all that but I'd get a headache after a few hours. I'm still learning and trying to get the hang of French braiding it since that seems to be what does not bother me through the work day much.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Riss85 View Post
    Hi Everyone!
    I've recently switched back to a curly girl routine and my hair seems to be happier!
    My trouble is finding something as a refresh/re moisture without making things sticky. I have 2c/3a curls and at about an inch past bra strap length, I've recently trimmed about 3 inches off and did an olaplex treatment, I'm still growing out some bleaching damage. My hair takes kindly to sweet almond oil but I'm not sure how to incorporate it into my routine. I use low Poo, leave in the conditioner then while wet I add in defining gel and let air dry most of the way.
    Months ago I tried keeping it up with buns and all that but I'd get a headache after a few hours. I'm still learning and trying to get the hang of French braiding it since that seems to be what does not bother me through the work day much.
    Try to DIY the spray. Demineralized water (seems I answered this before... huh?) and then a squirt of conditioner, some EOs, glycerine if your hair likes it and a few oils (optional). Shake well before use, and don't make too much so you can use it all before it goes bad. Should be OK in the fridge for at least a week.

Also take a look at my signature, for the rinse out oil method. You apply this after shampooing, preferably only on the lengths of the hair (because you just cleaned your scalp), and then apply the conditioner - don't use too much oil though. You'll see more in the thread.

Length
    APL/CL/FTL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Hi Everyone!
    I've been having good results with the WCC and LOC methods, and flaxseed gel is my holy grail product for moisture. It makes my hair soft and my texture very defined. It can feel slightly crunchy when dry but that goes away easily with some gentle contact with fingers, and since I've started plopping my curls lately (another good thing to try!) I haven't dealt with that at all.

I do protect my hair by the time I have second or third day curls, usually in braids but I'm trying for more buns. I'm still figuring out how to incorporate oil in my routine, if at all. I'm hoping to get a silk pillowcase and headscarf to sleep in some time, too.

I don't get the miraculous results from oil that others do, but I recently tried a very very small amount just on my ends as part of the LOC method and it worked out well.
    The maiden was saved by her Prince Charming, and by "Prince Charming" I mean flaxseed gel.

Length
    12/18/36
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Thanks again! I'll look into the links.
    Now I have to figure out what to do with protecting the lengths after I give your stuff a try

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Thanks again! I'll look into the links.
    Now I have to figure out what to do with protecting the lengths after I give your stuff a try
    If you do the rinse-out oil method, that will considerably moisturize the ends, and LOC/LCO on top of that will seal in that moisture even more. Just have a look at the threads first.

Length
    12/18/36
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

What does everyone do with their hair at night???