Page 703 of 851 FirstFirst ... 203603653693701702703704705713753803 ... LastLast
Results 7,021 to 7,030 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Type
    2c/3a/F/M/i

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jaine View Post
    My hair dries so slowly it doesn't even have time to dry on its own while I sleep...not even in the dry winter air... I still wake up with wet hair.
    Sounds like you have lovely thick hair, I'm pea-green with envy!

Length
    pixie/bsl/waist
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by finzi View Post
    Sounds like you have lovely thick hair, I'm pea-green with envy!
    Well I can blame at least some of it on an air circulation issue ... I love to sleep with a pillow on top of my head to block out some light. So I'm not sure how much air actually got to my hair.

I made some more pictures of my 2nd Pibbs hair dryer experiment, in case anyone is interested (and for my own reference too, in case I stumble on steps that give me a good hair day)

In the shower I washed with shampoo and conditioner, with the final rinse upside down, using a paddle brush to get it all lined up. For leave-in products: I brushed a quarter-sized amount of conditioner and 2 pumps of gel through my hair, then I scrunched in 3 more pumps of gel. Then I put my soaking wet hair in the cotton mesh bag and wore a turbie towel on top of it for 5-10 minutes to soak up some water.

Then I just relaxed on the sofa in the dryer with my hair in the mesh cotton bag ... I used a warm setting for about 50 minutes, and then the coldest possible setting for about 20 minutes.

This is my hair right after I took it out of the bag ... and this is actually 100% dry hair, believe it or not. I thought it was still wet because of how shiny and clumpy it looked. But I broke up one of the larger clumps to test it ... and yeah it's dry.

Now it's going in a high ponytail, and into my silk sleeping cap, and I'll sleep on it tonight and shake it out in the morning...hopefully another picture tomorrow if it looks OK

Length
    pixie/bsl/waist
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Ooh, speaking of silk sleeping caps, has anyone tried this one? It looks lovely....I want it!

http://prettyanntoinets.com/category...Sleep-Caps.htm

Type
    2c/3a/F/M/i

Quote Originally Posted by jaine View Post
    Well I can blame at least some of it on an air circulation issue ... I love to sleep with a pillow on top of my head to block out some light. So I'm not sure how much air actually got to my hair.
    Would a sleep mask be helpful?

Length
    pixie/bsl/waist
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by finzi View Post
    Would a sleep mask be helpful?
    I don't think so...the pillow also muffles a lot of noise and I like that too.
    But my pibbs hair dryer is working great so I don't think I need to go to bed with wet hair any more! My hair looked great when I shook it out in the morning. I got a picture but haven't been able to upload it yet I think this dryer is working better for me because I can keep my hair totally still for the hour or so while it dries, so there's almost no frizz. I could never keep my hair still and untouched long enough for it to air-dry without frizz...that's a 10 hour process for me

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Omigosh, jaine, I can't believe how LONG your hair has gotten! Looking gorgeous AND long, girlfriend!

I'm just not ready to be a Renegray yet!
    Avatar credit to the lovely milagro

Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

What GRU said, jaine! Your hair looks great and thank you for sharing the pictures. With results like that, the dryer is very tempting...

Length
    pixie/bsl/waist
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Aww, thanks! I wish my hair would start to feel long! It's almost BSL when it's wet but shrinks up to above APL.

Well, here's what my hair looked like the next morning after experiment #2 ... all I did was take off the silk sleeping cap, take out the ponytail, and shake my head a little. Definitely better than my typical hair day. It's hard to see in the picture because of the snowy lighting today, but it was really shiny. And soft. I usually have a lot more frizz and a rougher texture - probably from all the hairs that used to escape from their clumps while it was drying.

The only adjustment I want to make next time is not turning my head upside down for the final rinse...that resulted in a lot of root volume but also some weird root bumpiness, and baby hairs that wanted to stick straight up. I think I'd rather have flat but smooth roots for work.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Nice results, jaine!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

busy beegan ~ ( , ) ~ Annibelle's Avatar
    Length
    WL/APL/HL
    Type
    2b/F/ii