Default Re: "Undiscovered" Hair Stick Artists

Wow, those are really gorgeous.

Humanist/Procrastinatrix chloeishere's Avatar
    Length
    16nck/~BSL/here!
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Talking Re: "Undiscovered" Hair Stick Artists

I have been seriously drooling over the beetnik505 sticks since I first saw them posted by ClareDee. But, I'm focusing all my spare cash onto paying off my student loans, so I ignored the urge... happily, my birthday was a few weeks ago, and I thought of something to ask my brother for!
    These will be winging their way to me after they're shortened to five and a half inches:

I love vivid colors, especially in interesting combinations, so this is right up my alley. It's heat processed purpleheart with green turquoise inlay.

I had such a hard time deciding what to get, even after I settled on beetnik! I went with an inlay pair because I have several different styles of spirals sticks (and many pairs) but no inlay pieces at all. I used to be able to always put up my hair with a single stick, but as it has gotten longer and heavier, sometimes I can't get it up except with a pair, so I didn't want any of the beautiful singles she has up right now.

I can't wait!

BeyondClassic Webmistress Cinnamon Hair's Avatar
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Sha-na-na View Post
    Did anyone hear of Stix-by-Feather? Super swirly spiraled hairsticks and the prices are super cheap. I can vouch for superior quality for the price! They slide VERY nicely into a bun, and they hold super well!

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/stix-by-feather
    Hate them! Sorry, but her sticks are toothpick thin and unbelievably delicate. Notice in the photo that the stick looks smaller than the bead cap? That's because it is! Thankfully I was able to send mine back. I bought a carved out spiral pair, not the more round one you linked to though. Unless your head is the size of a barbie doll's and you don't plan to torque the stick at all, I don't recommend them.

Quote Originally Posted by Monchhichi View Post
    Do you know the hairsticks from http://www.haarakrobatik.de ?

The sticks are made out of hard rubber, so they are a little flexible, which is a big advantage for certain styles.
    VERY CLEVER!
    heidi w.

By Lady Godiva
    Avatar Photo: Bruce Folck, Blue Dragon Photography. Profile Photo: LJC

Length
    16/55/?
    Type
    1b/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by chloeishere View Post
    I have been seriously drooling over the beetnik505 sticks since I first saw them posted by ClareDee. But, I'm focusing all my spare cash onto paying off my student loans, so I ignored the urge... happily, my birthday was a few weeks ago, and I thought of something to ask my brother for!
    These will be winging their way to me after they're shortened to five and a half inches:

I love vivid colors, especially in interesting combinations, so this is right up my alley. It's heat processed purpleheart with green turquoise inlay.

I had such a hard time deciding what to get, even after I settled on beetnik! I went with an inlay pair because I have several different styles of spirals sticks (and many pairs) but no inlay pieces at all. I used to be able to always put up my hair with a single stick, but as it has gotten longer and heavier, sometimes I can't get it up except with a pair, so I didn't want any of the beautiful singles she has up right now.

I can't wait!

Those are gorgeous! I've been looking for purple sticks for some time now and those are the perfect colour for me. Thanks for posting!

Length
    18/23/25
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Chloeishere they're beautiful The bright green with purple is funky.

I want to get some custom purple sticks from her next, but I can't decide on what inlay to ask for... I might just hang around and wait to see what she lists. Her colour combinations are always good.

Monchhichi, those haarakrobatik sticks sound really interesting... off to take a look...

Edit: Can't really get my head around why the flexible stick has an advantage (it'd be great if that site had action pics) but they look great. Have you tried them? I'd love to hear a review

Edit 2: Just spotted their action shots, and still don't get it!
    Last edited by ClareDee; April 23rd, 2009 at 10:55 AM.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Supplier of Green Eggs Sam-I-Am's Avatar
    Length
    21"/I sat/onit!
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/iii

Holy cow, lapushka, those are so cool!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v479/othergirl4christ/Hair/2007-10curlysmall.jpg

Length
    16/32.5/50
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by KnightsLady View Post

ElvenHair

Both had very good customer service.

Now, I'll have to join those who are sitting back watching others purchase for a while.

Kewl! I hadn't seen the picture of it in your hair!!! I'm glad you like it

Humanist/Procrastinatrix chloeishere's Avatar
    Length
    16nck/~BSL/here!
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

The beetnik sticks arrived yesterday, which was unbelievably fast-- I don't even know how she managed to trim the sticks and get them shipped out, she had to have done it in one day!They are gorgeous, thick, and sturdy, but light. The shape holds really well, for me. The color IRL is very very close the the color in the auctions, which I'm happy with.

The color looks a bit more burgundy in the pictures, due to flash, but they are a true eggplant color in real life. I wanted to show the detail, and non-flash pictures were very blurry, so...

I followed KnightsLady's example and did a lazy wrap bun for the picture... I really like the way it turned out, might be a new avatar!

I'm very happy with this purchase, and I'll definitely be getting more (either via gifts, or if I ever pay off my student loans).