Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Little help to figure out what caused this and if its right to keep it.

Length
    APL/TBL/Long
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Default Re: Little help to figure out what caused this and if its right to keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by nycelle View Post
    I don't see a bald spot either.
    Also, if you haven't noticed extra shedding on that side of your head, I doubt it's thinning.

It could just be you have less hair on that side, or the curl pattern is a little different making it look or feel thinner. Could be a few things actually. Either way, I wouldn't sleep with clips in my hair. You never know if it's going to weaken your strands.

Regarding a satin pillowcase making your hair frizzier - I know we all have different hair with different needs, but a satin weave should never make your hair frizzier, it defies logic. I don't know what kind of pillowcase you have, but it doesn't sound like a satin weave.
    Seconding this. I have a similar "bald spot" and its just that I have less hair on that side , hardly noticeable at all really unless I try to find it and yeah I also wouldn't sleep with clips in my hair..I did one time for a month before I found LHC way back when..it made my hair weaker and my scalp was always hurting, the second I ditched the clips and used a stain sleeping cap + satin pillow case..all my issues went away
    currently approaching tbl

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Little help to figure out what caused this and if its right to keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by JennGalt View Post
    I think Penny Tovar (formerly Curly Penny) and Bianca Renee have some videos on YouTube about sleeping with your hair in a pineapple and refreshing the next day. And if you can’t find those, there are certainly other videos on there about it. (I personally refresh with aloe gel or a specific conditioner I use as curl cream instead of conditioner and water. They work well for me.)
    Good suggestions. There are tons of curly girl friendly channels on YT that you can watch. Like MAD curls (just discovered that one). Their curls are a little tighter, but the tips go for any curly girl out there!

If you don't want to invest in a microfiber or silk pillowcase, and if you insist on wearing the clips, then there is nothing more we can do.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

surprised her hair's long Corvana's Avatar
    Length
    2"/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

You could also maybe wrap your ringlets with rags like a rag curl? If you follow the natural curl and then gently tie it up, then it should stay put just fine and not lose itself. You could even get it a little damp or wet before bed so they don't get too frizzy.

That's all I can think of to help!

Maintaining at Hip-BCL for now.
    Lady Corvana, Keeper of Ravens and Crows in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I agree with Corvana, putting them up in pin curls on the side (with a bobby pin) would probably be better than that clip! That is not the greatest of hair clips, TBH.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    10"/18"/34"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/i/ii

Thank you all for your suggestions. The pineapple method is not enough for my hair, if my hair was longer then ofcourse i would do it. I have seen the pineapple method, and im afraid that would make my nape hair curls very loose and frizzy the next day. Because, even now, when i tie my hair back in a tall ponytail, a few nape hair start to fall so i cant use the pineapple method YET. A few days ago, i would put the snap clips EVEN at the back of my crown but thankfully i stopped it because my hair would be flat the next day. The only spots that are clipped are the sides, ONLY. The rest of my hair is all free. The snap clips i use are quite stable so its a good thing they dont slip off of my hair, i can say in the conclusion my sides are naturally thinner and less. By the way, i dont feel any 'root pull' from the clips i put, it doesnt at all make my hair hurt, and its a good thing i keep the sides pinned since they're thin less so it wont be worse if they were all free in my sleep.
    The method Corvana said, i really CANNOT stand in front of a mirror and pin and pin and pin my curls, its a big waste of my time and i feel very tired to do this every night, i just...cant. I try to find easier and fast ways to do a nighttime hairstyle.
    You know what, i just need more time to wait for my hair to grow longer and then i decide my next nighttime hairstyle.
    within my own wisdom

Length
    15/28/35
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Margarita View Post
    Thank you all for your suggestions. The pineapple method is not enough for my hair, if my hair was longer then ofcourse i would do it. I have seen the pineapple method, and im afraid that would make my nape hair curls very loose and frizzy the next day. Because, even now, when i tie my hair back in a tall ponytail, a few nape hair start to fall so i cant use the pineapple method YET. A few days ago, i would put the snap clips EVEN at the back of my crown but thankfully i stopped it because my hair would be flat the next day. The only spots that are clipped are the sides, ONLY. The rest of my hair is all free. The snap clips i use are quite stable so its a good thing they dont slip off of my hair, i can say in the conclusion my sides are naturally thinner and less. By the way, i dont feel any 'root pull' from the clips i put, it doesnt at all make my hair hurt, and its a good thing i keep the sides pinned since they're thin less so it wont be worse if they were all free in my sleep.
    The method Corvana said, i really CANNOT stand in front of a mirror and pin and pin and pin my curls, its a big waste of my time and i feel very tired to do this every night, i just...cant. I try to find easier and fast ways to do a nighttime hairstyle.
    You know what, i just need more time to wait for my hair to grow longer and then i decide my next nighttime hairstyle.
    I have a similar curl pattern to you, Margarita. The side pieces are just how the curls form and sit; I get exactly the same look if I wear a high style late in a wash cycle. As for the night style problem; I used pigtails from ear to shoulder length. Either pigtail ponys or French braided pigtails; as the ends got longer, I was able to braid them as well. If you are really worried about the small edge pieces; I use small French or Dutch braids around the hairline and added to the braid/s at the back. Might be a bit easier on the length and you can leave the small braids in for a few days if you are so inclined.
    ​So...knee?

Length
    10"/18"/34"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Simsy View Post
    I have a similar curl pattern to you, Margarita. The side pieces are just how the curls form and sit; I get exactly the same look if I wear a high style late in a wash cycle. As for the night style problem; I used pigtails from ear to shoulder length. Either pigtail ponys or French braided pigtails; as the ends got longer, I was able to braid them as well. If you are really worried about the small edge pieces; I use small French or Dutch braids around the hairline and added to the braid/s at the back. Might be a bit easier on the length and you can leave the small braids in for a few days if you are so inclined.
    Pigtails, huh? I will try that one night and see what will happen. I saw some pics of your hair, and it seems way more thicker and wavier, actually. Oh, i stopped doing french braids, it made my roots thinner some time ago.
    within my own wisdom

Length
    ShgLp/Bcl/term?
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Margarita View Post
    leayellena Oh, i was wondering if my hair is fine or medium. It happens sometimes for my hair to be thick, and the other thin. It confuses me, truly.
    So, i dont have to worry much about the thin sides since its natural pattern.
    U can try this: http://science-yhairblog.blogspot.co...oarse-how.html

Exactly 16 strands I can pack into a mm! So confusing!
    Even gossamer talked about scalp cleavage and she has iii hair. Fine hair loves to clump and leave gaps

Length
    Pixie/APL/TBL
    Type
    3b/C/iii

Sorry, I forgot I commented here. The water and conditioner I use is to spray with plain water first, then smear some conditioner on my hands and use 'praying hands' (palms and fingers flat against each other with hair in between) and just run them down the hair. Then scrunch if you need to. I don't because it tends to make my hair frizz. I just give the hair a little shake and let it curl up again on its own. You need to experiment to find out how much conditioner you need (if you need any at all). I use loads, but my hair is very thick and coarse.