Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Removing Indigo, need urgent advice!!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Removing Indigo, need urgent advice!!

Quote Originally Posted by katarzyncia View Post
    When I used peroxide on my indigoed hair and it was green, I couldn't dye them to any other colour than black. All colors were greenish. Even the black had green gloss in the sunlight. Even professional hair pigmentation wouldn't help. So I had to cut it to chin and grow out.
    My experience was that when I dyed it black to try and cover it up (because lighter colors didn't cut it), the green spots were a sort of "matte" black, I mean... I just had to cut it and grow the rest out.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Do a strand test, and you'll know for sure. It's as much as I indicated in your new thread. It's not worth it to have *another* disaster on your head.
    I strand tested and it came out a brown orange color, so I went ahead and put it on my whole head and it looks like a chocolate brown with some parts (the parts which were a lighter green) are more of a light red shade so it’s like a brown with light red highlights I think? My hair isn’t completely dry yet so I won’t know what the true color is atm but I think it turned out well? I have half of the tube of color left which hasn’t been mixed with developer so I’m not sure if I need to throw that away or if I can keep it and reuse it when my color starts fading but I figure so since it hasn’t been mixed

Quote Originally Posted by katarzyncia View Post
    When I used peroxide on my indigoed hair and it was green, I couldn't dye them to any other colour than black. All colors were greenish. Even the black had green gloss in the sunlight. Even professional hair pigmentation wouldn't help. So I had to cut it to chin and grow out.
    That’s strange, I didn’t have that problem with my hair it was covetable but had to be a really really dark color that’s why I tried to lighten it so my hair wouldn’t be so dark when I colored over it again but I did go ahead and try the dye again and it seemed to work out fine thankfully it seems lighter this time too

I hope you won't see green in few days while color wash out.

I posted an update on removing the indigo for anyone who was interested.

If anyone reads this for the same reason I was asking for help originally then my circumstances for the indigo were: no prior applications of henna/indigo on my hair, it was a one step henndigo application, BAQ, over hair that had been bleached platinum blonde with a blonde permanent dye put over it. The henndigo application was only left in my hair for an hour and I only mixed it with warm tap water. For whatever reason one of these things, or all, or just my hair type, I don't know, my hair was particularly resilient to indigo removal.