Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Collagen Peptides - tried it?

Default Collagen Peptides - tried it?

Hey everyone,

Just wondering if anyone here has tried Collagen Peptides (from Vital Proteins).

A friend of mine has been using it for a year and a half and swears by it. Her hair right now is the longest I've ever seen her hair be, and her skin looks great as well. I'm considering trying it. If any of you have tried it and have feedback, let me know!!

If I start it, I want to use it for at least a year to see what it does... so this would be a big financial undertaking for me (haha).

Length
    Chin/Hip/Knee
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Collagen Peptides - tried it?

It's expensive, just take a regular collagen supplement.

Long-Term: Grow to knee; maintain until I have an even hemline + virgin hair before continuing to grow.
    Chin-length Bob in July 2016 Reached Tailbone in August 2020 Next Goal: Classic by August 2020.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

If your hair grows 9 inches a year, I don't see how this could possibly contribute, but maybe that's me. 9 inches, means you're already on the high end of growth (super high end).
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    BSL/HL/FTL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I take hydrolyzed collagen (same thing), but it's more for my joints than anything else. My hair does grow about 3/4" a month since I've been measuring, but I never measured my hair before taking hydrolyzed collagen. So while I do suspect it might help *some*, I don't have any proof to that theory.

Length
    22/33/hip33
    Type
    1c/M/ii

I have been using the brand Vital Proteins for two months and love the effect. It’s not super expensive and I’m seeing effects with half the recommended amount (one scoop a day). Eating evolved also has a hot cocoa with collagen that is tasty but would be expensive for everyday use.

Quote Originally Posted by lottiealice View Post
    It's expensive, just take a regular collagen supplement.
    Already ordered it but I agree, it is expensive. I'm taking it at a friend's suggestion. She said it worked wonders, so wanted to know what LHC thought.

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    If your hair grows 9 inches a year, I don't see how this could possibly contribute, but maybe that's me. 9 inches, means you're already on the high end of growth (super high end).
    Is that true? I really never thought my hair grew exceptionally fast. I would have thought 1 inch per month is considered "high end". I've had months where it has grown 1 inch (or more) in a month, but I'm currently at a point where it's growing at 3/4 of an inch per month, which to me doesn't seem exceptionally fast.

I'm also taking it to strengthen my hair, joints, skin, etc. I want the new hair that grows in to be nice. I also want it to help smooth my skin dermatitis issues. It's not all about growth.

Quote Originally Posted by young&reckless View Post
    I have been using the brand Vital Proteins for two months and love the effect. It’s not super expensive and I’m seeing effects with half the recommended amount (one scoop a day). Eating evolved also has a hot cocoa with collagen that is tasty but would be expensive for everyday use.
    This is good to hear, although I do find it expensive. I'm going to try it on one scoop a day I think! Have you noticed it affect your skin too?

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ontheway View Post
    Is that true? I really never thought my hair grew exceptionally fast. I would have thought 1 inch per month is considered "high end". I've had months where it has grown 1 inch (or more) in a month, but I'm currently at a point where it's growing at 3/4 of an inch per month, which to me doesn't seem exceptionally fast.
    Normal average growth is 6 inches, some are a bit above, and some get 4 inches a year.

9 inches is *incredible* gotta-have-measured-wrong potential.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    13/19/25
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

I have been taking a different (cheaper) brand for nearly 2 months. It is called Prime Vitamina and it's from grass fed cows. I bought from Amazon. I bought for joint, skin, anti-aging benefits but my hair does seem to be growing faster. Or maybe its the henna...

Length
    Pixie/TBL/CL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

My hair grows insanely fast, and I don’t take anything special. To be honest, I don’t think these supplements will help hair grow faster
    Pixie->TBL(current)->FTL(goal)

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Normal average growth is 6 inches, some are a bit above, and some get 4 inches a year.

9 inches is *incredible* gotta-have-measured-wrong potential.
    9 inches is just 3/4 of an inch per month though. That isn't insane... if I was saying I grow 24 inches per year, that's another story!

Quote Originally Posted by LexI bright View Post
    I have been taking a different (cheaper) brand for nearly 2 months. It is called Prime Vitamina and it's from grass fed cows. I bought from Amazon. I bought for joint, skin, anti-aging benefits but my hair does seem to be growing faster. Or maybe its the henna...
    How is it for hair strength/thickness as well as skin?

Quote Originally Posted by Beeboo123 View Post
    My hair grows insanely fast, and I don’t take anything special. To be honest, I don’t think these supplements will help hair grow faster
    I am mainly taking it to strengthen hair and make my skin better. If my hair grows faster with it, that's a huge bonus for me.