View Poll Results: Do you own one or more hair scissors?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I don't

2 6.25%
  • Yes, one

17 53.13%
  • Yes, more than one

13 40.63%
  • I prefer to own cheese

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you own one or more hair scissors?

Fiorentina A. Canaretti Fiorentina's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/HL/Class
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Default Do you own one or more hair scissors?

I'm just wondering who else owns one or more hair scissors.
    I own, for decades, one professional hairdressing scissors and I am very happy with it. It still works absolutely perfect like it would be brand new.
    Regards
    Fiorentina
    Last edited by Fiorentina; January 29th, 2024 at 09:03 AM.
    A nice​ bun makes the day.

Length
    20"/39"/50"
    Type
    4b/4c/F/M/iii

Default Re: Do you own one or more hair scissors?

I own like 3 pairs of hair scissors, on accident. They're just Goody brand, I think, from a beauty supply. I would buy one pair and then lose it and buy another and then lose it. Now I have three (and still missing one or two pairs....) and it's honestly kind of convenient because I have them in two bathrooms and the living room so no matter where I'm doing my hair I can find scissors to clip any offending SSKs.
    TBL>CL>MTL>KL

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I have one and it's a more expensive one of quality. It is quite enough! But if I were ever to get another one, it would be if I could find a really small one for just S&D.

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

I have one pair. I hide them in the wardrobe so hubby doesn't use them for random things.
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    Chin/BCL/CL

While I own three pairs, only two of them I actually like.
    The ones I prefer are lefthanded scissors by Jaguar. Mostly use the one called prestyle.
    Mistä nyt silloin en luopuiskaan, jos vain saisin olla kanssa sinun
    Jospa sä soisitkin vain hymyn mulle

🧜On instagram: yareach_lhc

Length
    BSL/floor/floor
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Yes, I have a few, three pairs I think? I have a good pair I use for trimming, and the other two are my old ones and probably pretty dull now. But I still use them to snip the occasional split end when I don't feel like getting my main ones.

Length
    MBL/MBL/KNEE

One for now. I was thinking of getting a nicer pair to trim my hair with during the holidays, but I bought a flatiron instead I do want to invest in a nice pair of shears this year though.
    MBL~WL~HL~TBL~ FTL~ KNEE

Length
    Pixie/Waist/Hip?
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

I have 2! One by my big light I use to s/d and the other in my bathroom. I used to keep a pair in my car too
    P̶i̶x̶i̶e̶,̶ ̶C̶h̶i̶n̶,̶ ̶S̶L̶,̶ ̶C̶B̶L̶,̶ ̶A̶P̶L̶,̶ ̶B̶S̶L̶,̶ ̶W̶L̶!̶!̶ ....on to hip?

Length
    APL/MBL/WL
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

I don't own any. If I need a trim, I go to my Mom, since she used to be a hair dresser. When I cut my own hair in the past, I just used my normal every day scissors and got my Mom to even it out for me (since I used the ponytail method, so it was a little uneven on the other side I had the ponytail on when I cut it).
    No friend requests, please. I won't accept them
    No trimming 2024: 11 January - 30 June
    APL - ​MBL - WL

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Since we totally took over dad's haircuts, as of March 2020, and going strong, I invested in a good pair of shears, they were around €100 for a set of 2, regular & thinning. Me and mom *also* take care of our own hair (me with help of course, but I'm not going to keep putting that in every post I write, it's annoying, plus it's a given). Anyhoo, yep, and they're, guess what? Gold! Yeah, I thought it was a nice touch. So now I own 2 pair of "entry level" pro shears at around €50, they're from the brand "Ultron". I have owned my first pair well over a decade and it is as sharp as ever.

Don't fall for the trap of "maintenance" and do not let someone sharpen your shears after a year, just a year, when all you do is snip tiny bits off. It can't have worn that much it needs sharpening after such a short time. Plus, it wears on your blades esp. if you have Japanese steel, those are razor-sharp and have to be pro sharpened or you will ruin the way the blades close on themselves. You will! Don't ask me how I know.

Oh and yes, it's worth it spending a small amount more to get Japanese steel blades; super sharp. Don't get them on ebay, or the like, get them from a brick 'n mortar store or a haircutting shop. You don't want to mess with that, either. You will notice the difference. I did. I first had your standard, €20 (and that's 20 to waste in essence) shears from a local drugstore (Kruidvat, Hema, the like) and I thought they were nice, until I got those entry-level (it does not have to be extremely expensive) pro cutting shears. They were suuuuuper sharp compared to those.

You do want to spend something in the range of €50-100 and *do* get them from a good source. It's your hair, people! You are worth the investment. This is not something you want to skimp on. No this ain't the object you want to do that with.

They get used every 6-12 weeks, depending on when dad wants his hair cut.
    Then once every 1-2 months for my mom, and every 3 months for me.

I love having my tools on hand!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)