Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hair washing schedules: Are they recommended or.....

Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Default Re: Hair washing schedules: Are they recommended or.....

I did start a schedule but never seems to work out as hair can be oilier or dryer at different times..i can go anything from 4 days up to 10 days its never oily in the same amount of days passed,so i wash when it needs it.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessAralin View Post
    I'm in the same boat there, it takes me 6-8 hours to airdry depending on the weather - but I still do it! Mostly because I always have a day or two a week where I'm just sitting at home at my desk anyway so it doesn't really matter if my hair is wet or not. If I didn't have those days I don't know what I'd do.
    I'd rather not have it wet towards the end of the day, because if I need to go to bed, I don't want my pillows "messed with" - that's no good. I often wonder how you guys do it without getting your pillows soaked. Yes, you can put a towel on your pillowcase, but still... I'd rather not go there!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    I'd rather not have it wet towards the end of the day, because if I need to go to bed, I don't want my pillows "messed with" - that's no good. I often wonder how you guys do it without getting your pillows soaked. Yes, you can put a towel on your pillowcase, but still... I'd rather not go there!
    Which begs the question: are we talking wet hair or damp hair? I have no problem going to bed with towel-dried, damp hair. My pillow suffers no problems. I trying to think of situation where someone would end up with wet hair and not have the ability to dry it in some form or another. Especially a long-hair. I'd reckon there are few of us who would willingly go to bed with wet, as in either dripping wet or borderline soaked, hair. I certainly wouldn't unless it was the only option. But that's just my opinion.

As for the OP, I CO-wash everyday, so not really a schedule. I do try and chelate(shampoo) regularly. It used to be every month on the 15th, as it was an easy date to remember. But lately it's been whenever my hair feels like it needs it.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Kaya View Post
    Which begs the question: are we talking wet hair or damp hair? I have no problem going to bed with towel-dried, damp hair. My pillow suffers no problems. I trying to think of situation where someone would end up with wet hair and not have the ability to dry it in some form or another. Especially a long-hair. I'd reckon there are few of us who would willingly go to bed with wet, as in either dripping wet or borderline soaked, hair. I certainly wouldn't unless it was the only option. But that's just my opinion.
    Your pillows would get soggy or moldy, no? Not my cup of tea.

I used to go to bed with 50% dry hair in summer when my hair was BSL, with a towel over my pillow. That worked and wasn't too bad, but I wouldn't do it now. I've got a buckwheat pillow, and I really don't want to get that wet.

Type
    2a/2b/F/i/ii

I've found my hair looks healthier now that I stopped doing strictly scheduled washes. I get up early enough to assess it and dry shampoo or wash with conditioner if a little oily, shampoo if very dirty.
    This isn't always ideal; I'm a nurse, so if I I took care of a patient with anything super communicable I'll wash it and oil it at night if it wasn't really "dirty" looking yet and needs moisture after shampooing.

Length
    BSL/Chin/Chin
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Your pillows would get soggy or moldy, no? Not my cup of tea.

I used to go to bed with 50% dry hair in summer when my hair was BSL, with a towel over my pillow. That worked and wasn't too bad, but I wouldn't do it now. I've got a buckwheat pillow, and I really don't want to get that wet.
    Nope. I usually went to bed with damp/wet hair when it was long (and I still do it sometimes now), and I just put a towel over the pillow and the area behind it before draping my hair over it. I have the same pillow, and I can assure you that it's not mouldy
    Thunder and lightning won’t change what I’m feeling, and the daffodils look lovely today
    From tbl+ to short bob

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by KittyBird View Post
    Nope. I usually went to bed with damp/wet hair when it was long (and I still do it sometimes now), and I just put a towel over the pillow and the area behind it before draping my hair over it. I have the same pillow, and I can assure you that it's not mouldy
    Yeah, I always am *so* scared to ruin my bedding.

Length
    5/23.5/27

I try to stick to washing every 3-4 days and deep condition at least once a week. Today is wash day for me, sitting here with a coconut oil pretreatment in my hair and trying some new wash products later.

Length
    zip/calf/term
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

I wash when it needs it or is convenient for me. I don't like going to bed with wet hair.

From zero to hero

All posts are made as a regular member unless they are in modbold.

Length
    25ish/31/40+
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

I currently wash on Sundays and Thursdays, because those are my days off this semester/the days that let me go at least 2-3 days between washes. My hair doesn't always need it by wash day, but usually it's *really* gonna need it by the next one, so I try not to skip because I don't like feeling super gross in front of my students.

I'm also *super* lazy so having a schedule means I'm less likely to just nope out of hair washing. Also it's become my pampering time, so I enjoy having the time to do it.
    "All things strive."
    Waist-length, and (grudgingly) rocking the fairytale ends. Hoping for hip by the end of 2019 with at least a semi-decent hemline. Ultimate goal of TBL...or longer.