Default Re: To bang or not to bang....

How curly is your hair OP?

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I enjoyed my bangs. I had to wash them more often than the rest of my hair, and sometimes they needed a quick pass with the flat iron to tame them, but like somebody else said above - it never took me more than about 5 minutes from start to finish. When I got tired of them, I let them grow out. There was a period of time when I had to pin them in some way to keep them out of my face, but that's why they make decorated bobby pins and clips.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by butter52 View Post
    Her stats say 2c/3a.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    15/28/35
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by butter52 View Post
    At that length, no idea. I get fairly decent curls when air drying but I haven't had hair that short in years so your guess would be as good as mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Upside Down View Post
    I said bang, bang, bangidy bang,
    bang bang bangidy bang!

carry on...
    Lol, 👍

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    I enjoyed my bangs. I had to wash them more often than the rest of my hair, and sometimes they needed a quick pass with the flat iron to tame them, but like somebody else said above - it never took me more than about 5 minutes from start to finish. When I got tired of them, I let them grow out. There was a period of time when I had to pin them in some way to keep them out of my face, but that's why they make decorated bobby pins and clips.
    I think I'm leaning heavily towards faking bangs when I want to have them. 5 mins each morning is about 4 1/2 mins too long; I am ridiculously low maintenance with my hair.
    ​So...knee?

Length
    15/28/35
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Seija View Post
    I love the look of bangs, but I know when I had them they were a lot of work to keep them tame (I also have a nasty cowlick, so it may be different for you) Also the growing out process is just awful, that's where I am now and it feels like an eternity
    Yeah, the growing out was what stopped me in the first place.
    ​So...knee?

Length
    .5 in/21 in/??
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I cut bangs a couple of months ago. My hair is probably about 2b/2c. I quickly realized I didn't like blowdrying them out of the shower and I started putting a soft fabric headband around them to hold them straight to dry. I also cut them sideswept because that looks better on me and you can have them longer without getting in your eyes. My typical routine now is as follows: Wash hair comb bangs straight out of the shower. Let them dry with or without a band over them. Then I get out my flat iron and straighten them to the side, spray a bit of hairspray on my brush, brush through them and they stay. That is probably about 3 minutes or so. I only wash my hair every 5 days so they stay good for a few days and then I either hop in the shower and wash my bangs sticking out of my shower cap or I pin back my bangs when they start looking greasy and they stay better. win win for me.

It is a bit of maintenance so Im growing them longer. I feel like longer sideswept bangs can be left more wavy for me. But, it hasn't been too bad and its been kind of fun. Sometimes I just want to "style" my hair you know?

Length
    chin/waist/??
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

I like bangs, but every time I cut them, I just grow them right back out. I've thought about faux bangs to clip in for those times I just feel like them, is that something that might work for you? Even just to see if you really want them, just wear them for a week or so to decide.

has notorious buns Wildcat Diva's Avatar
    some kind of hunting lodge for rich weirdos
    Length
    16/35/real
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I wondered if this thread was about headbanging.
    Rock on, and carry on.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

It didn't take me 5 minutes every single day to style my bangs, only the days that I had to wash and blow-dry them separately. On a lot of days, I didn't have to do much of anything to them.

Length
    2/22?/35
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/i/ii

You could get clip in bangs, either just to test how they might look before you commit to cutting them in. Or fake a style with clip on bangs that need no straightening brushing or trimming, then be bangless again whenever you fancy.
    Hair tomorrow, hair yesterday, but never hair today!