Thread: Does inactivity make you "start over"? Can't access some things.

Length
    mohwk/SL/WL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Default Does inactivity make you "start over"? Can't access some things.

Hi. I'm wondering if being inactive on the boards for a while resets your permissions? I can see photos and blogs, but no albums. I just kind of got busy with life and only checked in once in a while. What do I need to do to get my old permissions back?

Thanks!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Does inactivity make you "start over"? Can't access some things.

I don't think anything changes with absence... Maybe you're trying to view private albums? You need to be-friend the person whose private album you wish to view.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Some old albums doesn't work either. It says that there's photos in them but when you click you can't see them. Try with someone who've uploaded pictures this year. Is it still the same?

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Yep, a couple years ago the server crashed and we lost old photos and the articles. Not everyone has removed their old photo albums in the hopes that a solution would be found, but I think at this point they aren't recoverable.

Is there something else you can't access?

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Length
    mohwk/SL/WL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

When I click the Community tab and go to Albums, I am sent to a page called Recently Updated Albums, where I only see 16 albums. There used to be hundreds. I can tell the boards are less active than before, but surely there are not only 16 non-private albums on the whole site these days.
    Last edited by Giant Robot; August 23rd, 2016 at 10:54 AM.

Length
    APL/WL/TBD
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Robot View Post
    When I click the Community tab and go to Albums, I am sent to a page called Recently Updated Albums, where I only see 16 albums. There used to be hundreds. I can tell the boards are less active than before, but surely there are not only 16 non-private albums on the whole site these days.
    I see that as well, I think that would only reflect the most recent updated public albums and not all public albums as a whole. I can still go to someone's profile and flip through their albums, maybe try that?

Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers, or you can grow weeds.
    Lady Scarlette, Traveler of the Road to Dawn in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    mohwk/SL/WL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

OK, thanks. I had hoped there was still a centralized location for all albums.