Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CG-Friendly Cleansing Conditioner?

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: CG-Friendly Cleansing Conditioner?

Quote Originally Posted by mermaiden_hair View Post
    We have a Lidl and a Dunnes here, as well as Boots. And then when my fiance and I want something special, we hit the internet.
    I forgot our local discount store called "Action". But I think my mom goes there once a year (to stock up on things). Our family shops mostly Aldi & Lidl, & Colruyt for my coffee and bigger bulk purchases.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    waist/clsc/???
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I think the newer cleansing conditioners are more unique, though, in that they clean well while also providing an ample amount of moisture. The Suave/VO5 are great for scalp cleansing but they don't have that extra oomph to also use it as a regular conditioner. This is why Wen is popular, I think.
    Wen is popular because of marketing. They're selling CO-washing to people who don't visit hair nerd websites and don't know that you can use conditioner you get from the dollar store to the same effect.

If you don't find the runny conditioners to be moisturizing enough, you could always use them to wash and follow up with something like Tresseme for extra conditioning.
    Lady Ilium, Spellweaver and Technomancer in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    1c/2a,M,ii. Maintaining at classic for now.

Length
    Chin/Armp/Waist
    Type
    3a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    I forgot our local discount store called "Action". But I think my mom goes there once a year (to stock up on things). Our family shops mostly Aldi & Lidl, & Colruyt for my coffee and bigger bulk purchases.
    Ah, lucky you. I don't think Galway has those any extra stores.

Quote Originally Posted by Robot Ninja View Post
    Wen is popular because of marketing. They're selling CO-washing to people who don't visit hair nerd websites and don't know that you can use conditioner you get from the dollar store to the same effect.

If you don't find the runny conditioners to be moisturizing enough, you could always use them to wash and follow up with something like Tresseme for extra conditioning.
    I suppose you are right. I guess maybe finding an all-in-one product isn't as simple as I thought. I'll definitely try that new Tresseme Perfectly (Un)done and see how it feels.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I suppose you are right. I guess maybe finding an all-in-one product isn't as simple as I thought. I'll definitely try that new Tresseme Perfectly (Un)done and see how it feels.
    Even though I don't know Tresemme (we don't have it here), I've seen a lot of good things on YT! You basically can't go wrong with this conditioner, even if you can't CO with it, you might be able to use it as a regular conditioner after CO-washing.

Length
    Chin/Armp/Waist
    Type
    3a/M/C/iii

Lapushka! I did it! I brought the Tresemme Perfectly Undone conditioner and tried it last night... Oh my God! The moisture levels are back in my hair! My hair is soft, shiny, nearly 95% frizz-free, and I even used a bit as a leave-in and it actually defined my waves and curls as if it were a styler! It smells so good too, the texture is not too thin yet not too thick, just right! I'm in love!

Thank you, and thanks to the rest of you who replied to my thread too! Now to find me a suitable CG-friendly co-wash/'no-poo' that is also cheap. I can't seem to find those natural Suaves or the VO5 at Boots. Maybe I should order something online. I wonder if I can also dilute a little bit of my new Tresemme conditioner with water to thin it out and also use it as a scalp cleaner. What do y'all say to that?

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I'm glad it worked, and that you found something that does that for your hair; might be your Holy Grail, who knows!

Yes, I would try diluting it for your scalp. I once tried to order Suave online as well, but you can't exactly label them as "cheap" anymore if you do. Shipping is extortionate to the EU.

Length
    Chin/Armp/Waist
    Type
    3a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    I'm glad it worked, and that you found something that does that for your hair; might be your Holy Grail, who knows!

Yes, I would try diluting it for your scalp. I once tried to order Suave online as well, but you can't exactly label them as "cheap" anymore if you do. Shipping is extortionate to the EU.
    I just came back from my shower and I did this: I squirted some conditioner in the palm of my hand and added water, just mixing it with my finger. It worked! I put it on my scalp and it felt like a real no-poo experience, nice and thin and easily spreadable on my head. I washed it out, then used the conditioner like normal for the rest of my hair, left it in for a few minutes, rinsed it out with cold water, and put a tiny bit more as a leave-in. Let's see how my hair looks once it's dried!

I seriously could not have found this conditioner or even known it would have existed if it weren't for you amazing folks here. Thank you times a million!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

The perfectly undone, or naturals line is a big hit with curlies on YT for a reason.

I hope it dries OK...

Length
    SL/Hip/TERM
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii

Before I developed some scalp issues, the ONLY conditioner I ever had success with CO washing was Tresemme Naturals (the moisture one. Have not tried the Undone one). I LOVE this stuff!!! I still use it, although in different ways at the moment. I failed miserably with Suave and VO5 conditioners as CO washes, but everyone's different. I'm glad to hear you got a water softener! It makes all the difference in the world. After we installed ours, Tresemme Naturals worked beautifully as a Co wash. I'd still be co washing if I could. Let us know how it is after your hair dries!

Current ​Length Stretched: BSL
    Next goal: ​Waist

Growing back to TBL! &:D LongCurlyTress's Avatar
    Type
    3b/F/iii

I have read that co-washing can cause alot of shedding and scalp pimples. I just use diluted shampoo for daily hair washing and keep the conditoner on my length, ears to tips for detangling. Just thought I would put in my

July, 2016 @ 37inches TBL