Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lazy and long haired.

The journey continues Eastbound&Down's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/WL/Hip+
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

Default Re: Lazy and long haired.

I decided to re-grow my hair specifically because I'm lazy/busy and short hair is just too much work, despite looking really cute on me. I loved my bob, but it's not worth the upkeep.
    CL(14")~SL(15")~APL(20")~BSL(24")~WL(27")~HL(30")~TBL(34")

Complex creature

Quote Originally Posted by meteor View Post
    (...)

But... I think there's a bit of a limit to how long my hair can grow while being easier and easier to handle, and, after some length, this trend reverses, because detangling and long washing and drying times all take their toll.
    I think it's a bit of a curve, actually: so, for example, waist-length hair is much easier for me to style compared to shoulder-length hair, but classic+ is harder for me to take care of than tailbone, for example. Does anybody else find this?
    Oh yes ! Actually it's the reason why I always ended up cutting it when it started to be over TBL. So in fact this proves the laziness factor, as the reason for cutting was that it was becoming too fastidious^^. Good point meteor !

Evil, not Bad Moderator (SB) trolleypup's Avatar
    Length
    52"/62"/77" *
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

That's definitely my case, as well. Shorter hair requires more styling in my case. Long hair just hangs there and is a style of its own. I can bun it within seconds and go longer between full washes than I could when it was short (other things being equal, longer hair absorbs more oils and takes longer before it starts looking greasy).

But... I think there's a bit of a limit to how long my hair can grow while being easier and easier to handle, and, after some length, this trend reverses, because detangling and long washing and drying times all take their toll.
    I think it's a bit of a curve, actually: so, for example, waist-length hair is much easier for me to style compared to shoulder-length hair, but classic+ is harder for me to take care of than tailbone, for example. Does anybody else find this?
    In the last (almost) 10 years (wow anniversary coming up!), going from past classic to calf, the care and keeping hasn't gotten significantly worse...once I learned the critical techniques. (comb vs brush, bunning, protective styles)

2b-2a/C/iii 61"/155cm/growing fitfully longer
    LJ - Blog
    Unless specified otherwise, I am speaking as a member, not a moderator

Length
    HL/TBL+/TBL+
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

<snip>

This definitely rings true for me! Ease of care is one of the big reasons my goal length is BCL/TBL, particularly since I'm one of those people who likes to wear their down most days. I do protective styles for sleeping and for specific activities where it would be unsafe to wear it down, but otherwise I keep it loose. Much longer than tailbone and I know I'd have to adjust my routine, taking more care, more time, more effort than I'm interested in taking.

The waist-to-tailbone range for me is the sweet spot where my fine flyaway hair has enough weight to behave, but remains resiliant enough to stay healthy even left loose. It reads LONG to the general public and makes me feel feminine and happy, yet requires less work than it did at shorter lengths to care for
    ▪daily washing▪monthly trimming▪top-down detangling▪sulfate shampoo down to the ends▪coney conditioner up to the roots▪henna and hibiscus▪worn down and loose on the regular▪

Length
    ChL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

I am too lazy for all cosmetic procedures.I take a bath, wash my hair,clip my nails, use some oil on my body and hair once in a while and that's about it. I barely use any make up too. So i am definitely in this category. I am even growing out my natural hair because i am too lazy to do root touch ups every time.

ChL-SL-APL-BSL-MBL-WL-HBL-TBL ........

"When it rains, everything grows..."

Length
    40.6/45.6/Knee
    Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

Oh I definitely belong in this group, Im growing my hair long in the most comfy way possible.
    I have a routine thats very low maintenance that both me and my hair is happy with.
    I co-wash it once or twice a week, let it air dry and luckily its very easy to detangle and I learned several buns so I can vary the way I put up my hair.
    https://scontent-lcy1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/187269095_10158652152164011_6714569555409474266_n.  jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=3t0z8DrmzYgAX9mn43M&_nc_h  t=scontent-lcy1-1.xx&oh=2a06851c05d9cf14a8913bb90a73988e&oe=60C623  D8

Length
    cbl/ftl/knee
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Hehe, I have a freind who fits in to this category. Her hair is perpetually tailbone length, false terminal from rubbing on stuff cause shewears it down constantly.
    ۞
    Lady Tyet, Weaver of the Endless Strands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I don't know... I diffuse, so it's not that much harder. Depends on the tools you do and don't use, I guess, as well.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    BSL/Hip/?
    Type
    3c/4a/M/ii/iii

Since I've gotten rid the brush and keep to styling once a week it's easiest dealing with a lot of hair. I don't use hair products and hair saloons for health reasons. I do like the added bonus that I'm not reliant on them so my hair care is totally independent.
    Kay , BSL > MBL > Waist > Hip

Length
    18''/29"/33"
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Me! Half the time I just put my sleeping braid up into a braided bun and leave it like that all day . . . most of the reason I've been able to stretch my washes so much is because I just forget to wash it. I'll brush it with a BBB whenever I take a braid out, but that's about it.
    ☼ Men are that they might have joy. ☼