Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is there such a thing as too much braiding?

Length
    13/31/35
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: Is there such a thing as too much braiding?

Quote Originally Posted by Madora View Post
    You're welcome, irodaryne! Be sure your hair tie of choice does not contain any metal. I used the thin, super fine BLAX hair ties for years but now I just tuck in the ends without using a tie of any sort.
    I stopped using the metal ones several years ago and haven't looked back since! I've actually not been able to find any in a couple if years (but I dont pay much attention to them).
    SL-APL-BSL-WL-[HS]-TBL-Cl-KL
    Lady Sihaya, Sorceress of the Magical Isles in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    bald/Hip:)/termi
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ReadingRenee View Post
    Lapushka, when you say you did a peacock twist, did you leave the tail out or tuck it in? I always worry that the tail out will lead damage. And if you did tuck it in, how did you do it?

As for braids, I braid my daughters hair every single day either in a single braid or double braids. I would say the bottom tassel is a little rougher than the rest of her hair but she is a little girl who doesn't pamper her hair at all. I use the little terry ties on her braids.
    For a peacock twist, the ends are at risk of damage when the tail is out if the ends rub against something like a couch, seat, strap. If you are too worried, you can try continuing to twist your hair to make a french twist.

Length
    12/42/48+
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I wear an English braid on the back of my head that I roll into a cinnabun and pin. I use a soft and very stretchy elastic (pantyhose material basically) to tie off my braid before bunning. I never thought of removing the hair tie the same way as I put it on. What I do, though, and which hasn't been mentioned yet, is: after I've finished securing my braid, I pull the tie down for half an inch or so. This because I think hairs are being tied in a crimped position, and pulling the tie down slightly straightens those hairs again, minimising damage of bent hairs.
    http://s24.postimg.org/bk9mfxret/Segment_3maart2013_25sept2014_2.png

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Lapushka, when you say you did a peacock twist, did you leave the tail out or tuck it in? I always worry that the tail out will lead damage. And if you did tuck it in, how did you do it?
    When my hair was still short, I left it out (no choice). I started folding it under the longer it got - if that makes sense.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    .5 in/21 in/??
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by gthlvrmx View Post
    For a peacock twist, the ends are at risk of damage when the tail is out if the ends rub against something like a couch, seat, strap. If you are too worried, you can try continuing to twist your hair to make a french twist.
    Thank you. I guess that makes sense about the tail being damaged. I always worry about the wind getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    When my hair was still short, I left it out (no choice). I started folding it under the longer it got - if that makes sense.
    I think I understand. Once my hair gets a little past APL peacock twist tails are too long for me to like wearing and by the time my hair is BSL, it is just too long. I used to fold the tail down in a loop and pin it into place above my clip but I was wondering if there was another way since the peacock twist is probably my favorite hair style at the moment.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I think I understand. Once my hair gets a little past APL peacock twist tails are too long for me to like wearing and by the time my hair is BSL, it is just too long. I used to fold the tail down in a loop and pin it into place above my clip but I was wondering if there was another way since the peacock twist is probably my favorite hair style at the moment.
    Well, I just held the ponytail, and then folded it lengthwise a few times, then put it to my head and clasped the claw clip over it.

Length
    .5 in/21 in/??
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Thanks for the detailed description. I can be a little slow to get descriptions when they are not detailed. Thanks for taking the time to clarify. I will try this when my hair is a bit longer.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Thanks for the detailed description. I can be a little slow to get descriptions when they are not detailed. Thanks for taking the time to clarify. I will try this when my hair is a bit longer.
    I don't know how else to describe it, TBH. I hope I was somewhat clear.

Length
    .5 in/21 in/??
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    I don't know how else to describe it, TBH. I hope I was somewhat clear.
    Yes thank you, you were. Im happy to know I may not have to give up the peacock twist as my hair grows longer.