Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question for those who scalp wash

Length
    Neck/Class/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Re: Question for those who scalp wash

And, if you're hot and humid, you could sit in front of a fan. That would help and feel good at the same time.

Length
    waist/BSL+/...?
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

I hope that didn't say something awkward when asking if the goal was to avoid the shower. What I really meant was wondering if you wanted to avoid a shower where you wet the entire length. I shower daily, but my hair is up in the shower if it isn't hair wash day.

Summer of 2017...after "The Chop."

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by woodswanderer View Post
    I hope that didn't say something awkward when asking if the goal was to avoid the shower. What I really meant was wondering if you wanted to avoid a shower where you wet the entire length. I shower daily, but my hair is up in the shower if it isn't hair wash day.
    I thought by that comment you actually meant washing upside down over the bath. Nothing more.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    BSL/Calf/Term?
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Laurenji View Post
    I'm thinking that these are probably the case. I've been stretching my washes to once a week or week and a half, and I've been scalp washing in an attempt to stretch my full washes even farther. But by that point the oils have definitely traveled down my length, so I guess by then it's too late to save the length and I just need to wash it all.

I don't really want to start doing scalp washes even more frequently than once a week though, since even scalp washes are kind of a hassle. I'll have to think more about this.
    Depending on how oily or dry your scalp is, that might be a bit long for scalp-only washes to be able to tide you over between full washes... it really depends on how much oil your scalp produces. Also, with 1b F/M hairtype, it's possible that sebum travels down the hair shaft faster than it would for more textured and coarser hair.

If scalp-only washes don't provide a perfect solution, you could try braided washes (with hair in 2 or more braids - braided from chin/shoulders down) - they don't save on drying time but they do help speed up the wash and the detangling after.

Another thing to consider would be dry shampoos/hair powders - they don't clean, but they do absorb oils a bit - and they are easier to do that scalp-only washes, too.

Length
    20APL/17”/More!
    Type
    2c/3a/M/i/ii

If you're waiting for that much grease to build up before washing, then yeah ... there probably isn't a lot you can do to fix it. What if you did two scalp washes between regular washings, but placed them 4 to 6 days apart instead of 7 to 10? It would still be a pain, but hopefully not as much of a pain as having to fully wash every time?
    ~~~~~[...Insert paragraph break here. For some reason my computer won't do that today...]~~~~~
    I'm exploring scalp washes for the opposite problem: my scalp gets dry and flaky. (Not dandruff, as there's no itchies and tea tree oil seems to make it worse. The skin on my face tends to be really dry, too.) My length could go 2 weeks without washing, depending on what I use to oil it, but my scalp wants washes every 3 days. I'm trying to find some sort of pattern of rooibos tea applications on my scalp (via cotton ball), scalp washes, and oilings, that will allow me to extend my full length washes to every other week.
    Current length: 17”(ish)—Collarbone. Will be buzzing it short around New Year’s 2018. Ultimate goal: still Terminal.