Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Little post-LHC life triumph

Length
    32/42/44
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Default Re: Little post-LHC life triumph

Depends on the shampoo for me. Sulphates I can get round my scalp pretty easily. Sulphate free ones, need a little more. Cocamidopropyl betaine based shampoos I need tons more. Starting to think sulphate free is just a false economy in some respects. I don't wash my hair very often, so when I do, I don't enjoy skimping on shampoo much.

Grew from shoulder to thumb length in 7 years without trims. Now maintaining.
    There once was a girl, who had a little curl, right in the middle of her forehead. When she was good she was very, very good. But when she was bad she was horrid.

Length
    5/5/TBD
    Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

I think it's a hair density thing, not a hair thickness thing.

...however, since I have both high density and medium/thick strands, I can't relate nor confirm any of our theories here. All I know is that for me, hotel size shampoos are more like 'two-shower' sizes 'cause that's about how long they last. They're good for emergency washes when visiting somewhere, but I definitely couldn't make it for months on end with just one.
    Pixie to Ears to Chin to Shoulders to APL to BSL (to Waist?)
    Current challenge(s): No Trim 2020
    Last trim/cut: February 2020

Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I don't have very dense hair but I definitely go through a bottle of shampoo in about two months...maybe three when I was stretching washes. What size bottle are we all talking about because mine tend to be approx 300 mL.

24 - 25 - 26 - 27 - 28 - 29 - 30 - 31 - 32 - 33 - 34

Length
    MBL/Waist/Long
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

I don't use shampoo. But I go through a 22 oz bottle of conditioner about every month and a half. On the few occasions I've had to use shampoo (traveling, I didn't bother bringing my own S&C on the plane because it's a plane), I barely made a dent in the mini hotel shampoo bottle after four days, and went through three mini bottles of hotel conditioner (trying my best to be conservative with it, too)

Waist ~ Hip ~ TBL ~ Classic ~ Knee

Length
    BSL/Chin/Chin
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

I can sort of relate.. I dilute my sls/sles-free shampoo, so I only use around 1 tbls for each wash. I wash 2-3 times a week, and I think I've had my 300ml bottle for some 6 months now. If I didn't dilute it, I'd have to use palmfuls of shampoo too.
    Thunder and lightning won’t change what I’m feeling, and the daffodils look lovely today
    From tbl+ to short bob

Length
    Chin/MBL/WL
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Wow! I am going on a 2 week trip and I am worried if travel size shampoo and conditioner will be enough I don't use palmfuls of shampoo, the amount of shampoo I use is about the size of a 2 euro coin, but I always shampoo twice.

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

I normally use up a travel size (about 50 ml?) shampoo in two washes at most, and I have fine hair too Not to mention conditioner usage, I mean a standard 200 ml bottle lasts only about 2-3 washes for me...! Not very economical, or ecological... But I'm using shampoo bars mostly for now (also to reduce plastic usage), and even a sample size lasts ages!

(As an aside, I never understood why shampoo bottles are always a larger size than conditioners, it should totally be the other way round! )

Length
    19/hip/termi
    Type
    1a/F/ii/iii

I can understand how a travel size bottle lasts so long. I too have fine hair and a lot of them. I dilute everything and squirt it directly on my scalp. I make a part down the middle from forehead to nape, squirt diluted poo, swish around and them make a part around ear level to the nape, squirt and swish. I have a small head. Tilt my head under the shower for a moment to help distribute the poo. leave the poo on my head while I wash face and decollage. It's possible. Shampoo lasts eternity for me.
    Lady Malene of the Misty Memories of Yore, Shieldmaiden in the Order of Long Haired Knights

Mother of Crocodiles YvetteVarie's Avatar
    Length
    TWA/TWA/max
    Type
    4a/4b/M/C/ii/iii

I can also understand having shampoo last for ages. I have a bottle of shampoo I haven't used up in a year+ (500ml bottle). However, I tear through conditioner. The same size bottle conditioner lasts me 2 or 3 washes
    fade -> EL->NL ~> APL ~> BSL ~> MBL ~> WL (stretched goals)

Cut off locs and restarting hair journey

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Rosetta View Post
    Not to mention conditioner usage, I mean a standard 200 ml bottle lasts only about 2-3 washes for me...! Not very economical, or ecological...
    I use a 200ml bottle of conditioner in 2/3 washes as well. Their fault. They should make bigger bottles of conditioner.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)