Thread: Reporting in from South Africa

Length
    24.5/23/HL
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Default Reporting in from South Africa

Well, I think the correct expression here would be, "It's about time!" I've been popping in and out of threads for a while before signing up, eventually signed up, then lurked around some more. So, this is me stopping all lurking and participating!

I'm so happy to be here! I've been on the hair-repair road for about 2 months now. There was a stage quite recently that I honestly thought I would have to chop 5 inches of my hair. My hair quite literally looked like the fur on a dead squirrel, no offense to squirrels. Getting accepted to this forum has changed my hair-life and I'm glad to report that, aside from the occasional S&D and one microtrim, I've not had to cut the poor 5 inches off after all! You guys rock

I first tried CO for about 2 or 3 weeks, but found that I ended up washing hair more frequently. So right now I oil my hair before a wash (usually the night before with a mixture of castor, evoo and rosemary), shampoo scalp only, condition lengths (x2). It's making a world of difference.

My hair is currently BSL (or perhaps 1 inch short of this?) and my goal right now is to reach hip. After that... well, who knows where the road might take me!

I'm going to try insert a pic of my hair here (hopefully it works). It was taken after a was and was allowed air dry - it's not the best pic, I admit, but enough to get the idea. May I nicely ask anyone willing to confirm whether I'm correct in saying my hair is 1c?

Thanks again for having me here

Length
    APL/MBL/CL+
    Type
    4a/F/M/iii

Default Re: Reporting in from South Africa

Hello , just wanted to say your hair is looking lovely x

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Welcome.

It does look 1c to me in the picture. Have you prepped it according to the guidelines?
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    26/38/56
    Type
    1b/1c/F/iii

Hi and welcome to LHC!

Length
    15/45+/knee
    Type
    4a/M/C/iii

Please consider contributing to this thread: What's the hair etiquette like where you live?

We'd love to see you over on the main boards!