Page 53 of 137 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast

Thread: The LOC/LCO method

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: The LOC method

Quote Originally Posted by goldenears View Post
    All this talk of mineral oil is definitely arousing my interest. I know I'm using Argan Oil atm but it's incredibly expensive (£32.50 59 ml / $38 2fl oz) I've been told that my Argan Oil will last 12 months after opening, which means it will expire October 2015. Should I be looking for a particular kind of mineral oil? Does it have to say 'cosmetic grade' or anything like that? @ lapushka
    I have regular baby oil as well (Johnson & Johnson). It's great, and it's cheap.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    WL/TBL/FTL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/iii

I've been following this thread and experimenting with this method for a long time, so I thought I'd stop in and say hi. I don't LOC for styling, just for non-frizziness, so I leave out the 'creme' bit of it. Recently I've added a coney serum but I'm not quite sure how I feel about it yet. My hair was soft and slippery, but not smooth at all and frizzy-looking if that makes any sense. I've changed shampoo and conditioners recently so it's hard to tell.

My hair loves oil, though. Today I put a bit of olive oil in an empty dropper vial I had laying around, so now I can get an exact amount every time.

Length
    13/22/36
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    So nice to hear, AlexDig! Been hearing a lot about this super-soaker method lately. Apparently you scrunch while soaking wet. Do you apply your styling products at that stage?
    Thanks! I've been struggling so it's been so nice to find something that is working! I actually do it like this: at the very end of my shower, I'll make my hair part how I want it. Then I cup my hands and gather handfuls of the running water. I "dip" my hair and the water and use the palms to "accordion" the curls. It's kind of like scrunching but less finger action (I totally just made that up) so I don't get really bad frizzies. I then really gently press my microfiber towel to get some more water out, equallu gently press in the aloe vera and mineral oil, and then I just don't touch it at all until it dries. Sometimes I'll smooth the mineral oil over the top of the hair to dismiss frizz but honestly, it more comes down to not breaking up the super soaker curls than anything. HTH!

Length
    22.5/25.25/??
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

I've been mixing my leave in with gel equal parts and scrunching into my hair. I've been getting even more waviness this way. I let my hair completely airdry before touching and then I gently scrunch out the crunchiness of the gel. I get soft defined waves and I'm loving it so much.
    No Trims for second half of 2018
    *deep conditioning & Olaplaex treatment*
    Currently Shoulder length~06/2018!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by AlexDig View Post
    Thanks! I've been struggling so it's been so nice to find something that is working! I actually do it like this: at the very end of my shower, I'll make my hair part how I want it. Then I cup my hands and gather handfuls of the running water. I "dip" my hair and the water and use the palms to "accordion" the curls. It's kind of like scrunching but less finger action (I totally just made that up) so I don't get really bad frizzies. I then really gently press my microfiber towel to get some more water out, equallu gently press in the aloe vera and mineral oil, and then I just don't touch it at all until it dries. Sometimes I'll smooth the mineral oil over the top of the hair to dismiss frizz but honestly, it more comes down to not breaking up the super soaker curls than anything. HTH!
    Thanks for sharing!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Multiple Accounts

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    I have regular baby oil as well (Johnson & Johnson). It's great, and it's cheap.
    I might just buy some anyway and see how the results differ from using Argan Oil.

Length
    NS/38/CL
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Sparklylady82 View Post
    I've been mixing my leave in with gel equal parts and scrunching into my hair. I've been getting even more waviness this way. I let my hair completely airdry before touching and then I gently scrunch out the crunchiness of the gel. I get soft defined waves and I'm loving it so much.
    Hmmm...I want to try this but not sure how with the way I use my LI.
    ~Jennwith4
    "SMILE! People will think you're up to something."
    BCL - TBL - CL - MTL - KL

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Edited: sorry I posted in the completely wrong thread!
    Last edited by askan; October 30th, 2014 at 05:54 PM.

Multiple Accounts

Now doing the method with Prickly Pear Seed Oil/Barbary Fig Seed Oil. The results are nothing short of a revelation! Very happy indeed and will continue using this for the foreseeable future and beyond. Just wish it didn't cost a fortune but a little goes a very long way as they say.

Length
    22.5/25.25/??
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Jennwith4 View Post
    Hmmm...I want to try this but not sure how with the way I use my LI.
    How do you use your leave-in
    No Trims for second half of 2018
    *deep conditioning & Olaplaex treatment*
    Currently Shoulder length~06/2018!