View Poll Results: Unnatural vs Natural hair, what do you prefer?

Voters
535. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never colored my hair!

130 24.30%
  • Never permed or straightened my hair!

121 22.62%
  • Love to color my hair!

117 21.87%
  • Love to get my hair permed or straightened!

10 1.87%
  • Love coloring and styling my hair!

37 6.92%
  • Don't like the idea of chemicals in my hair!

237 44.30%
  • Considering coloring/styling my hair!

51 9.53%
  • Eating cheese is natural! I love Cheese!

143 26.73%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Natural Vs Unnatural

Length
    Pixie/Pixie/?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/i/ii

Default Natural Vs Unnatural

Wondering how likely there are still hair-virgins around? I'm sure there are, I'm talking about people who have never chemically changed there hair before. If you're out there, you are so lucky! Because hair coloring, or chemically changing your hair can be fun but it can become an addiction! I know it did for me! So who has never done anything unnatural to their hair? Who is proud of their natural or unnatural hair? I hope this doesn't come off in a bad way, I'm just curious how people think about this.

p.s. sorry if this has been posted before :P

玲弁花

Length
    waist/sl/none
    Type
    2c/M/C/i

Default Re: Natural Vs Unnatural

I love, love, love my purple hair. You can have my hair dye when you pry it out of my cold, dead fingers. It makes me feel like !
    Change is the only constant.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I used to color my hair, with permanent dyes, semi-permanent dyes, bleach a few times, and henna. I had my hair permed about three to four times in my life (which isn't bad considering I'm just over 40). At the time I believe it was kind of nice, sometimes necessary. Now my hair is all natural, and I quite like it. I'm keeping it this way. If I start to grow really gray, I might reconsider and have it colored again, we'll see when the time comes.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    1.5/5/???
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

I have had every color under the sun, but at this point I actually regret it. So much money down the toilet! And who knows what the carcinogen cocktails I slapped on my head every 3 weeks will do to me in the long run... Of course, I am now just converting to a hennahead!
    Growing out short hair, bangs, and bleach/dye abuse all at once. Hold me!
    1c/2a - F - i (<- this one's a mystery. Hasn't been ponytail-able in 10 years!)

Length
    shldr/tbl?/ftl?
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I have never dyed or permed my hair. I straightened it a few times before I knew how bad that was for your hair, but mostly just left it alone because it was too much trouble and too hot (I live in the tropics). My mom was pushing me to get a perm a couple years ago, but I never got around to it and now I'm glad I never did. Still think highlights would look nice as my hair is kinda plain, but have decided that they're not worth frying my hair over. Anyone have any good ideas about ways to spruce up virgin hair? Open to suggestions over here!

Length
    hip/hip/hurra
    Type
    1a/M/ii

I have never chemically permed or straightened my hair. Up until last year, I had never done any chemical colour processes on it either, but for the past year I have had bright blue dip-dye on my ends, and I love it! The blue actually comes from a nondamaging deposit-only dye that I use all over my hair; it turns the nonbleached portion from my natural brownish shade to blue-black (^(oo)^)v
    I'm a little piggy! (^(oo)^)v

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I bleached and dyed my hair orange once. It was quite short and I didn't bother to do it a second time because of how messy and irritating the first time had been. Big mess in the bathroom and I hate cleaning. It was fun, it was cute, no impulse to ever do it again.

Cheese!

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Length
    8 in/41/45 +
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii/iii

I like to use vegetable/deposit only blue too. So far, I've done it once a year (I haven't done it in 2013 yet, but I'm planning to do something to it). My hair is really dark naturally, the blue makes it pop out for sure!

I eventually want to dip dye my ends and so some crazy color. I had green hair (the bottom of my hair) before and loved it, but I'm enjoying my healthy ends now. Who knows in a couple of years .

Lady Ligeia of the Wandering Oleander in the order of the Long Hair Knights

On the hunt for terminal. SerinaDaith's Avatar
    Colorado is my physical home but I spend a lot of time in my mind. It's safer that way.
    Length
    .5 in/.5 in/term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Hello my name is Serina and I am a recovering dyeaholic. In all truth my hair has had more years with dye than without. I finally went cold turkey about a year and a half ago. I have bleached, dyed, stripped, dyed again, chopped and straightened. Now I do play with Manic Panic on rare occation and that's it.
    Lady Seredhiel in the Order of the Longhaired Knights. Current body mark: BSL+, Goal length, terminal.No trims in 2013. Henna head. Crazy craft guru.Crunchy Mommy.

Length
    19"/28"/40"
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i

I usually get the color lifted the same way the sun does, but I stay out of the sun now so I need a stylist to do it.