Hey everyone.

I just wanted to throw a question out to you guys, hoping to have some form of guidance.

Lately, i've been getting a whole load of these white dots on the ends of my hair and I can't seem to find what the issue is. Now I know the most common reason is breakage, or the fact that its a form of when a split end starts, but I don't seem to have any breakage in my hair at all.

I've read several posts from people who say that when the tug at the end of where these white dots are, it breaks or bends, but when I try this on my hair, it doesn't break or snap at all.

I don't use any heat on my hair, no chemicals, i don't use brushes, I am honestly very gentle on my hair and I oil my hair with coconut oil before I wash my hair.

I've started to see these white dots occurring more in the winter, they're not as visible in normal light but when I use a lamp close up on my hair, they're everywhere. What makes it even more obvious is that since I henna my hair often, these white dots are usually bright red and sparkle, so its very easy to spot and cut them. But the ends look straight and I don't see any split ends at all when I cut them off, so its really baffling.

What shall I do guys? They usually occur on my layers of my hair, but really on my length.