Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What styling tool (that you gave up) do you miss?

Length
    23/32/floor
    Type
    2c/C/ii/iii

Default Re: What stylign tool (that you gave up) do you miss?

Hair dryer. Makes my hair tamer. Easier to style. Haven't used one for a year and a half. Before that it was over a year as well. I use a blowdryer for funerals and weddings.
    The one I have broke, and I never replaced it.
    I can get nearly the same smoothness w huge rollers and large amounts of time.
    LilyMunster
    Lady LilyMomster, Guardian of SpunSilver, Ever Creating Beauty from Chaos -Member of the Renegray Gang-

Length
    SL/BSL/TB
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Everyone says they miss the blowdryer. Does it only damage hair because of the heat? I've recently bought one by BedHead and it has a cool setting that feels more like sitting infront of a fan. Is that still damaging?

I've only just started caring for my hair seriously within the last month. I'm really going to miss the curling iron.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I don't actually miss my blowdrier, because I still use one, not all the time but it is very handy to have. I don't want to wait 6 to 8 hours for dry hair, esp. not in winter... sorry. I bought one that has ion technology (didn't believe that at first) & a cool shot. It has 3 heat settings, 2 speeds, and it *greatly* reduces the heat. The thing only blowdries warmish (on the hottest setting it's half the heat of a regular blowdrier) to cool. I had a small almost travel size blowdrier before that and the air was so hot that steam actually came off my hair! Yikes! No way!

I have this one BTW (also has a diffuser which I love!):
    http://www.braun.com/de/products/bea.../creation.html
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

I really miss my flat iron. It made my hair look so good, fried it to smithereens,but it looked so good.

Length
    Pixie/APL/waist
    Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

I miss occassionally my blowdryer, but in the summer thats not a problem. I know it will have use here in the winter. Sorry but wet hair and -17 degrees in Connecticut is NOT happening. I only use the low / cool settings though.

my curling iron/hot rollers. Those I know are going to see some action. Wet setting takes way too long, and painful to sleep on, hair is STILL WET in the morning.
    Once you place a candle in the dark, you can't deny the light. . Once you give to man that candle, you give his mind the power of flight. - Myself.
    Lady Seyllea, Oracle of Time and Becoming in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    shldr/MBAv2/trml
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I can honestly say I don't miss anything. I did miss my flat iron when I first stopped using it, but it's been over 2 years now and I've gotten used to the way my hair looks and behaves naturally. I enjoy it so much more now, than I ever did before.

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

My BBB. The healthy hair just loves the thing, but those last few inches of tattered ends just hate the thing. The sensation of brushing is so lovely, but at least I'll get it back once the ends are all grown out and trimmed off

Length
    1/class/?
    Type
    1a/M/ii

I miss... I miss... I occasionally miss the good old hair-un-friendly elastics, the ones with metal and the rubber-elastics showing. I hate to say that, but they just hold up a ponytail best. The hair-friendly ones are not as strong as those have been. And I sometimes miss the days of fast and unworried brushing with one of those ball tipped brushes. Shocking

Length
    bsl+/hip/tb+
    Type
    2a/M/iii

My brush. I used to constantly brush my hair as part of my hair care routine. Now it's a rare thing that I do.

Length
    zip/calf/term
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

I can't say I miss anything. My old brush was very hair unfriendly, but honestly I much prefer my BBB and wooden comb anyhow (I mostly use the BBB on my scalp and first two thirds of my hair just to smooth it). I never used or wanted to use heat appliances even before LHC. I used to always pony tail my hair in a scrunchii, but really it's too long for that now and I like all the updos and braids I have learnt here far better!