Page 55 of 137 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast

Thread: The LOC/LCO method

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: The LOC method

Quote Originally Posted by chantecler View Post
    I'm a wavy, but my waves flatten super easily. LOC is my go to when I really want wave definition. I use as leave in a mix of water, aloe gel, glycerin, honey and a bit of conditionner, in a spray bottle. I usually seal with jojoba oil, though I might start using hazelnut oil, my hair seems to absorb it well. Then I use aloe gel and scrunch!
    My waves hold much better! But I still can't seem to have them last throughout a whole day...
    Unfortunately this has little to do with the LOC method in and of itself. Maybe braid the hair with a paranda and go with braid waves?
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Who let the owls out... Hootenanny's Avatar
    Length
    Pixie/Waist/TB
    Type
    3b/M/ii/iii

I'm a wavy, but my waves flatten super easily. LOC is my go to when I really want wave definition. I use as leave in a mix of water, aloe gel, glycerin, honey and a bit of conditionner, in a spray bottle. I usually seal with jojoba oil, though I might start using hazelnut oil, my hair seems to absorb it well. Then I use aloe gel and scrunch!
    My waves hold much better! But I still can't seem to have them last throughout a whole day...
    I'd recommend adding a hard-hold gel. Aloe is great for encouraging waves and curls, but it doesn't have any hold to it, which might be why your waves are flattening. As long as you scrunch thoroughly when your hair has dried, a strong gel won't leave the hair crispy or wet-looking, but WILL help to lock those waves in place. Also, if you carry a small spritz bottle with you, you can lightly spritz your hair a couple times during the day with your leave-in blend (which sounds awesome, btw!) to re-activate the waves.
    Pixie (7/2011) - APL (7/2013) - BSL (4/2014) - Waist when curly (2/2015) - Hip - TBL - ?

Length
    SL/Hip/TERM
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii

Thanks so much TrappercreekD, Lapushka, and sparklylady! You guys made my day! More than anything else, I believe that LOC is going to be my ticket to growing longer stronger hair.
    Last edited by CoveredByLove; November 15th, 2014 at 09:12 AM.

Current ​Length Stretched: BSL
    Next goal: ​Waist

Length
    Chin/BSL/HL
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Hootenanny View Post
    I'd recommend adding a hard-hold gel. Aloe is great for encouraging waves and curls, but it doesn't have any hold to it, which might be why your waves are flattening. As long as you scrunch thoroughly when your hair has dried, a strong gel won't leave the hair crispy or wet-looking, but WILL help to lock those waves in place. Also, if you carry a small spritz bottle with you, you can lightly spritz your hair a couple times during the day with your leave-in blend (which sounds awesome, btw!) to re-activate the waves.
    Thanks for the advice! I guess I'll try to find a natural stronger gel...

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Thanks for the advice! I guess I'll try to find a natural stronger gel...
    Why not give Eco Styler a go. It's got a good hold, and there aren't any flakes (because it doesn't contain alcohol). Look for gels with no alcohol and no silicone. Eco Styler has both. LA Looks gel is also good. IC Fantasia is another one of my faves but that one does have silicones.

Length
    Chin/BSL/HL
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Why not give Eco Styler a go. It's got a good hold, and there aren't any flakes (because it doesn't contain alcohol). Look for gels with no alcohol and no silicone. Eco Styler has both. LA Looks gel is also good. IC Fantasia is another one of my faves but that one does have silicones.
    Thank you! I'll see if I can find it where I live, I have never seen these here

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Thank you! I'll see if I can find it where I live, I have never seen these here
    I got my first one (Eco Styler) off of e-bay, then a nearly local (Netherlands) online store carried it, and I ordered from there. I'm from Belgium BTW. And I use the olive oil Eco Styler. There's also an argan oil version that is supposed to be good.

Length
    Chin/BSL/HL
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Sadly buying on internet isn't an option for be, and Netherlands is almost half a world away
    Starting to grow again! Currently at BSL, and going with the flow Fan of natural products and benign neglect
    Lady Terpsichore, Songbird and Bard in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

If you have a beauty supply store, I think it might be in the ethnic hair care isle. Too bad you can't buy over the net. Would it be an option for someone to buy it for you and send it to you? I would love to help, but due to my disability it's a little difficult for me to get to a post office. Sorry.

Multiple Accounts
    Length
    APL/MBL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    I use the olive oil Eco Styler. There's also an argan oil version that is supposed to be good.
    I use the olive oil one too! But sometimes it makes my hair quite hard and piecey any tips for using it??